Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Simple Yes or No

• Total voters
F

Facelurite

Better hit detection is not the expansion of the hit box, it is simply making the hitbox the right size as opposed to the shrunken down 1.8 variant.
The poll had 1/8 votes to not update, not to mention cubes current playerbase, especially the forums. Most of the people on the forums who voted for this poll play 1.9 PVP. If cube were to go back to 1.7, then an even larger playerbase can join, I am not even asking for cube to go 100% 1.7, but maybe changing the 1.8 side to 1.7 would be a great addition, I understand that lots of redevelopment of the server would have to happen in order to make this happen, however I think the same can be said about 1.13/14. Maybe the CubeCraft community doesn't want this, but this could be a great way to get other communities involved in CubeCraft and could get the server more popular, there aren't many 1.9 PVP servers to get players from, anyone who plays 1.9 PVP plays on CubeCraft or very few play on a sub 10 player other server.
Alright some evidence, 3 of the top 10 servers are all 1.7.10 (accept a lowest version of it), badlion, cosmicpvp and the hive. 1/3 of the top Minecraft servers are 1.7 and they seem do be doing just fine. There is only one server in the top 10 that only allows clients 1.9+ which is FunCraft, a french server (their website is in french) who seems to be copying everyone else. Every other server on said list supports 1.8.

Minigames aren't necessarily supposed to be competitive they still can be, even you before suggested making a ranked eggwars gamemode (could have been different name). Also 1.7's better hit registration makes the game more fun. Minigames are meant to be fun so 1.7 fulfills that aspect.

More features are nice but the staff may not even include the new features. the main gamemodes on CubeCraft are eggwars and skywars (maybe bingo) how can we tie in curse of binding books into any of those? I guess tridents could find a place in the eggwars shop and skywars loot table but overall most of the features are either not going to change the game much or even entirely change the game around, which isn't necessarily wanted. There is a counterargument that these new features could help make more games but that would require staff to first update to the newer versions and create a game, linearly thinking double the work.

Aside from hypixel and their Chinese hosted counterpart, CubeCraft is #3 most popular server at the moment of writing this, so basically #2... CubeCraft could probably change something about mojang, they are the right size.
Trust me lots of people like 1.7 PVP. The hit registration is much better than 1.8. There really aren't any features cube would be missing out on in 1.7 vs 1.8. The playerbase of cubecraft would probably like 1.7 better. Sadly I hear it is harder to code for 1.7 however. If it is possible maybe CubeCraft could have 1.7 with cooldowns?
Sad to see you leave then I guess. Lots of people like 1.7 PVP. Yes CubeCraft would have to actually compete. But want to know something? CubeCraft would have something of a monopoly. I do not know of any 1.7 PVP minigame servers. That would be something CubeCraft could have to bring players to their server.
1.7 hacked clients being more developed is just proof that 1.7 is more popular and more developers code for it.
Updating to 1.10+ is a bad idea, it will be the point of no return to 1.7. It will be impossible to go back to 1.7 and will completely seal the fate of CubeCraft.
Remember the server mcsg (Minecraft survival games)? Well they are dead now. What killed them you may ask? Their update to 1.8 is what killed the server, that was the point they started losing players, people simply didn't like the hit registration 1.8 brought about. They didn't like the newer PVP so they lost a lot of their playerbase. CubeCraft now updating to 1.9. Which is highly disrespected by almost all of the PVP community CubeCraft could actually gain a lot of players if they went back into 1.7. Or at least changed their 1.8 half of the server to 1.7. I understand that CubeCraft wants to support the newest features but it seems CubeCraft is one of the main reason Mojang isn't receiving the message that no one likes 1.9+ combat system. The game is going to grow stale for servers that aren't up to date and sustaining good combat so people are going to stop playing their game which is going to stop advertisement for the game thus killing it. It's been 2 years since servers have had updates. 2 years. The game is going to die. And like I said. CubeCraft is kind of giving Mojang support, telling them the new combat changes are okay. Several people are starting petitions to create a gamerule for the future that changes it back to old PVP (not the lame excuse of the "classic" PVP kits in the duels lobby). If cube were to revert back to 1.7 then Mojang might finally realize that the updates they are doing is going to kill the game. This sounds stupid I know, not updating the server causing better updates is kind of ironic... But it kind of looks like that.

Scriptures from the 1.7.10 Holy Book - The Jitterble

On a serious note though, this thread is nicer for debate and stuff without clogging the 1.13 one. We can keep both sides on two distinct threads.

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

_Oplex_

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2016
Under Your Bed (O.o)
136.jpg

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea

elchuii

Jan 26, 2018
twitter.com
just making this thread to see the polls and on behalf of you know who and for lols. Lets make this as non biased as possible even though I dislike 1.7.

1.13 thread was getting clogged with 1.7.10 propoganda so I decided to give them their iwn threda. UODATD TO 1.7.10
I do not think it will be a good idea because that version has many things that are not compatible with the 1.8,But with the Labymod and other PvP mods may appear to be the 1.7. (it's my OPINION)

F

Facelurite

I do not think it will be a good idea because that version has many things that are not compatible with the 1.8,But with the Labymod and other PvP mods may appear to be the 1.7. (it's my OPINION)
No ur just a noob learn skilz ezz

F

Facelurite

I cant wait till effot sees the poll!!

Edit also noticed whoever comments something funny here gets TONS of likes

C

Cuteee

just making this thread to see the polls and on behalf of you know who and for lols. Lets make this as non biased as possible even though I dislike 1.7.

1.13 thread was getting clogged with 1.7.10 propoganda so I decided to give them their iwn threda. UODATD TO 1.7.10
I think rather all of cubecraft players play on 1.9x-1.12x so why would they change the server back to an older version that their users don't know how to play

Reactions: Facelurite

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
There are very few things 1.8: the "bountifu' update brings (what it is called in the changelogs, yes I read it), The eggwars shop would have to be changed to fully automatic since custom villager trading doesn't work, granite and his other useless friends (biggest issue I think). Can easily be replaced with cobble and stone.
@effot

Also I don't get how people say that 1.7 is better because it has hitbox stretching and because they're bigger. Like no thats exactly why it sucks.
The hit boxes are the exact same size... All that changes is if delay (like on any server) exists, moving towards and away an enemy can screw up the reach, you know the hit particles you get on shit servers like hypixel? You try to hit them but before you are in the "server reach" or rather when the server side of you updates to be in the actual range of the player you are fighting. So why is this bad? Because if you hit the player and you get particles without the hit, you lose your Sprint, it slows you down. Not many people like that. That is why 1.7 tends to be superior since no one gets slowed down before the hits register.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
The eggwars shop would have to be changed to fully automatic since custom villager trading doesn't work,
https://www.digminecraft.com/generators/villager_trade_1_8.php
If thats what you mean.

granite and his other useless friends (biggest issue I think)
how tf is a type of stone the biggest issue? In eggwars or SG it isnt even relevant and if it was that much of an issue in skywars builders would just not put it in maps.

The hit boxes are the exact same size..
it is simply making the hitbox the right size as opposed to the shrunken down 1.8 variant.
Two contradicting statements

Management already said theyll never downgrade all the way back, the poll cleary shows no, and cube would have to code all the stuff again to make it 1.7. It's just not gonna happen. If you want it so badly leave cubecraft and go to badlion.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
1.7.10? I don't even...

Doesn't everybody know at this point that 1.2.5 is where it is at?
Classic tekkit & technic pack version : ok_hand :
(ps I got into ftb after 1.3)

Now, I know 1.7 is known to be better than 1.8 pvp-wise, but reverting to 1.7 instead of 1.8 is just overkill, don't you think?
There's probably a much smaller minority playing 1.7 over 1.8 (correct me if I'm wrong), so this wouldn't even necessarily be that great of an investment of time.

Top Bottom