Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Simple Yes or No

• Total voters

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Classic tekkit & technic pack version :eek:k_hand:
(ps I got into ftb after 1.3)

Now, I know 1.7 is known to be better than 1.8 pvp-wise, but reverting to 1.7 instead of 1.8 is just overkill, don't you think?
There's probably a much smaller minority playing 1.7 over 1.8 (correct me if I'm wrong), so this wouldn't even necessarily be that great of an investment of time.
1/3 of the top 10 Minecraft servers allow 1.7 clients.

CharlieShuffler

Novice Member
Nov 30, 2016
oh well, guess i really am gonna leave for good ;^) it's kinda obvious that people are gonna pick 1.9 pvp, all the 1.7 pvp people left the server for good

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
You mention this quite a bit, but how many of the players actually use 1.7 instead of 1.8?
Quite a few i woul think, the server is based in 1.7 but allow higher clients. I'm guessing even logging in with a 1.12 client is about the same as 1.7.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
we are banishing conformists
Ok, I finally read the update logs of 1.13. Turns out there is 1 thing that looks really cool to me but a lot of things are laughable. The cool thing is called Data Packs which are similar to resource packs but for loot tables, achievements and a few more things. That I find really cool, 2 things that I find funny,
Trident.png

Did that art take them 2 seconds? Wtf, mojang what is that art. I could have done that. I'm not making fun of the tride- hold up, the damage of a stone axe?
The second thing is the master turtle potion, it's laughably overpowered. So it is a resistance 4 potion with slowness 4 for 1 minute, diamond armor while naked without the armor piercing... With diamond armor on, you take 4% the normal damage, someone hits you with sharp 5 diamond sword (pretending armor piercing doesn't exist) that does 0.4 damage. Now for prot 4 diamond armor it would do on average 98.4% damage reduction... Wtaf? A sharp 5 diamond sword will do 0.16 damage... For a whole minute they are practically invincible, granted they also move insanely slow, slowness 4. They would win any cave fight. Oh and if you use glowstone it gives resistance 6 for 30 seconds I am guessing, making you completely invincible... What was mojang thinking?

F

Facelurite

Ok, I finally read the update logs of 1.13. Turns out there is 1 thing that looks really cool to me but a lot of things are laughable. The cool thing is called Data Packs which are similar to resource packs but for loot tables, achievements and a few more things. That I find really cool, 2 things that I find funny, View attachment 142639
Did that art take them 2 seconds? Wtf, mojang what is that art. I could have done that. I'm not making fun of the tride- hold up, the damage of a stone axe?
The second thing is the master turtle potion, it's laughably overpowered. So it is a resistance 4 potion with slowness 4 for 1 minute, diamond armor while naked without the armor piercing... With diamond armor on, you take 4% the normal damage, someone hits you with sharp 5 diamond sword (pretending armor piercing doesn't exist) that does 0.4 damage. Now for prot 4 diamond armor it would do on average 98.4% damage reduction... Wtaf? A sharp 5 diamond sword will do 0.16 damage... For a whole minute they are practically invincible, granted they also move insanely slow, slowness 4. They would win any cave fight. Oh and if you use glowstone it gives resistance 6 for 30 seconds I am guessing, making you completely invincible... What was mojang thinking?
Turtle master potion = near invincibility. These things do not last very long and can be used offensively and defensively. Lets talk about these on cubecraft. On eggwars this will be absolutely underhwelming as a potion. One hit and you wont be able to escape. You’ll be thrown into the void. Offensively it is OP as a splash potion.

But cubecraft and minigames arent Mijangs priority. Its survival/SMP. Well balanced for PvP here actually. Its hard to get and cannot be exploited.

Tridents are a two hit kill. The first shot does 8.5 hearts to a naked player and 3 hearts to full diamond. Its enchantments are unique. Channeling is cool, not a huuuge fan of it though. I could live without channeling. Tridents are getting nerfed. Too OP edpecially with the low cooldown.

Art needs to fit the theme of minecraft. I can live with the current texture. Although there are more creative ways, I’m not complaining. The item has no texture yet though.

The problem with turtle master is you can negate the slowness aspect by jumping. They really need to fix that. Its the only big issue.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Turtle master potion = near invincibility. These things do not last very long and can be used offensively and defensively. Lets talk about these on cubecraft. On eggwars this will be absolutely underhwelming as a potion. One hit and you wont be able to escape. You’ll be thrown into the void. Offensively it is OP as a splash potion.

But cubecraft and minigames arent Mijangs priority. Its survival/SMP. Well balanced for PvP here actually. Its hard to get and cannot be exploited.

Tridents are a two hit kill. The first shot does 8.5 hearts to a naked player and 3 hearts to full diamond. Its enchantments are unique. Channeling is cool, not a huuuge fan of it though. I could live without channeling. Tridents are getting nerfed. Too OP edpecially with the low cooldown.

Art needs to fit the theme of minecraft. I can live with the current texture. Although there are more creative ways, I’m not complaining. The item has no texture yet though.

The problem with turtle master is you can negate the slowness aspect by jumping. They really need to fix that. Its the only big issue.
I knew you were going to say that it can be used "tactically" and whatnot. It's resistance 4, stop lying to yourself, it also lasts 3 minutes, you will win any cave fight, granted void gamemodes can result in you dying in the void, most of the time hiding in a house until the player comes then drinking it then gives you the win, ITS RESISTANCE IV, stop pretending it is balanced, cuz it's not. It lasts for 3 minutes as well.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Does the slowness affect FOV? Because slowness IV is about as much as the corrupted pearl in skywars on another server, which is a dramatically decreased FOV. I cant imagine you fighting with that. Granted you really are invincible but you are pretty much immobilized as well. Id say its very unbalanced if it doesn't have any effect on the FOV. However if it does it may be balanced.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Does the slowness affect FOV? Because slowness IV is about as much as the corrupted pearl in skywars on another server, which is a dramatically decreased FOV. I cant imagine you fighting with that. Granted you really are invincible but you are pretty much immobilized as well. Id say its very unbalanced if it doesn't have any effect on the FOV. However if it does it may be balanced.
I'm assuming it does but there are mods out that that could prevent that.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
That something gets added in an update doesnt meat it will readily be available. When elytra were intruduced they didnt implement them in eggwars, and when tipped arrows and shields got added they weren't cheap in eggwars. OP stuff will have a higher price. It's really not an issue like at all. Also think about all the other things. @Sophie for instance suggested trident parkour iirc.

Reactions: Sophie and 0ffense

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
That something gets added in an update doesnt meat it will readily be available. When elytra were intruduced they didnt implement them in eggwars, and when tipped arrows and shields got added they weren't cheap in eggwars. OP stuff will have a higher price. It's really not an issue like at all. Also think about all the other things. @Sophie for instance suggested trident parkour iirc.
Parkour can be done on a private world, what makes you think that the CubeCraft developers have enough time to update to 1.13 AND rerelease parkour?
Just because they will be In 1.13 there won't be tridents, they may be an emerald weapon. Maybe it will only be on UnderTheSea. But the turtle potion is just laughable come on. Also are you sure mojang isn't getting lazy? Just look at the art they did with the trident, it's so bad.Trident.png
I can almost assure you there are also going to be a lot of bugs at first. Trident jumping may ruin the anticheat, since it they have to compensate for trident jumping then there is either going to be a lot of false bans or flying will easily bypass.

F

Facelurite

Maybe load the snapshot before claiming its unbalanced. Use in the end will get you send flying because if the dragons knockback. Low FOV means you cant see much.
And this ^

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Even if we don't update to 1.13 (which we will because guess what tridents and turtle pots is not the only thing it brings and the anticheat doesnt ban you when you use a pearl either, speaking about needing to adapt the anticheat, thats exactly another reason why cube wont go back), then still cube won't go back to 1.7

F

Facelurite

Also using this in uhc means u need to stay awake nights unproductively, trying to hatch eggs in a beach while keeping hostile mobs away from the eggs and trying not to get killed by a phantom.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Mivke's profile.
hapi birthdasy!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Top Bottom