An another server for 1.8

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TryHardTomato

Jul 5, 2022
Disliking becuase is not possible is meaningless.
So First of all, everybody is aware of how current eggwars is bugged right?
so,
Eggwars is an mod for old-pvp, belive or not it is. Its totally designed for 1,8 pvp. And as we see today
CubeCraft needs to add back 1.8. Before commenting something read all please.
(Im Not telling delete or replace 1.12, just make a new server so cubecrsft would have 2 option one for 1.8.9 but just fee gamemodes and 1.12 with all gamemodes)
As we see java is kinda died after 1.8 erase (compared to is competitors, and bedrock)
So why not, making a new server, a server thats doesnt have to do anything with official one.
(Like just forget completelly Cubecraft.net Im not talking about it, my suggestion doesnt have to do this this, they should keep it up and updating, I dont have any problem with that.)
So there is no reason to 1.12 players to hate it, Im not talking anything about that,to do something on 1.12, you will not even see it.

an example: lets say you have two trucks, in one of them you have 2m money
but after a while becuase of going too slow and you will get caught. what would you do? Throw the money away or move it to the another truck and keep it back? ofc put it back, but cubecraft threw it away. thats the difference.

A server with old maps old lobby and 1.8.9 .
Like diffrent ip etc. just having eggwars, skywars(gamemodes that were playable when 1.8 was alive).
So 1.8 community would come back, and cubecraft would earn more players. 1.8 community has enough players to keep the server up. As they mentioned there was 600ish in peak hour(this number is given in the thread they did for closure of 1,12 so I am not inventing stuff)
So It wont be “reverting”

So lets say cubecraft doesnt have money for startup. Add an option at the current store, [1.8-Host-$]
and let people donate there for starting up money and give them cosmetic or something in as reward.

As finally,
please comment with point. Dont just no. Dont disagree without commenting. just write your reason.
Let’s discuss it.

Also Admins dont close this, lets debate here see peoples idea. Silencing people will not get away the problems.

edit: since many 1.8 players are not in the forum anymore, probably “no” will be highly much. so make a vote in discord tagging everyone and lets see after one week later the result.

Last edited:

diego13500

Apr 2, 2018
Mexico
I think this is not going to happen, unfortunately pvp is not the problem.
I'll say this again but...
The real problem with Cubecraft Java is...
Your advertising xd.
Many people like the pvp of 1.9 better, for various reasons
one of the reasons is that they prefer the version because of the amount of tryhards that there are in 1.8.
Cubecraft Java is ad-free while Bedrock is in the default list xd.
The good thing that several youtubers have returned to the server

cristian2259

Jan 15, 2018
Costa Rica
As we see java is kinda dead(compared to is competitors, and bedrock)
1656991643114.png

CubeCraft (the blue line) in Java isn't "Dead" compared to other servers, as we can see in the last 24 hours, Cube is the 2nd bigger server in this range of player.
And if we compare it with Bedrock... Cube's Java have more players that the 5th bigger bedrock server.
CubeCraft Java:
1656992194765.png

Bedrock servers:
1656992446228.png

Attachments

• 1656992175415.png
    1656992175415.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: ParkourCanadian

TryHardTomato

Jul 5, 2022
View attachment 212390
CubeCraft (the blue line) in Java isn't "Dead" compared to other servers, as we can see in the last 24 hours, Cube is the 2nd bigger server in this range of player.
And if we compare it with Bedrock... Cube's Java have more players that the 5th bigger bedrock server.
CubeCraft Java:
View attachment 212392
Bedrock servers:
View attachment 212396
what it has to do with adding 1.8 back? non related arguments. As in your photo is the peak is 1614, while the peak of 1.8 was 700, you can see that is nearly the half.

TryHardTomato

Jul 5, 2022
I think this is not going to happen, unfortunately pvp is not the problem.
I'll say this again but...
The real problem with Cubecraft Java is...
Your advertising xd.
Many people like the pvp of 1.9 better, for various reasons
one of the reasons is that they prefer the version because of the amount of tryhards that there are in 1.8.
Cubecraft Java is ad-free while Bedrock is in the default list xd.
The good thing that several youtubers have returned to the server
Many people might like 1.9 IM NOT SAYING ANYTHING about that. Im saying make another server for 1.8 so there would be two server one 1.8 and 1.12 for players that like 1.8 pvp. since 1.8 had an important number of player.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
so,
Eggwars is an mod for old-pvp, belive or not it is. Its totally designed for 1,8 pvp. And as we see today
(Im Not telling delete or replace 1.12, just make a new server so cubecrsft would have 2 option one for 1.8.9 but just fee gamemodes and 1.12 with all gamemodes)
As we see java is kinda died after 1.8 erase (compared to is competitors, and bedrock)
So why not, making a new server, a server thats doesnt have to do anything with official one.
(Like just forget completelly Cubecraft.net Im not talking about it, my suggestion doesnt have to do this this, they should keep it up and updating, I dont have any problem with that.)
So there is no reason to 1.12 players to hate it, Im not talking anything about that,to do something on 1.12, you will not even see it.

but after a while becuase of going too slow and you will get caught. what would you do? Throw the money away or move it to the another truck and keep it back? ofc put it back, but cubecraft threw it away. thats the difference.

Like diffrent ip etc. just having eggwars, skywars(gamemodes that were playable when 1.8 was alive).
So 1.8 community would come back, and cubecraft would earn more players. 1.8 community has enough players to keep the server up. As they mentioned there was 600ish in peak hour(this number is given in the thread they did for closure of 1,12 so I am not inventing stuff)

So lets say cubecraft doesnt have money for startup. Add an option at the current store, [1.8-Host-$]
and let people donate there for starting up money and give them cosmetic or something in as reward.

As finally,
please comment with point. Dont just no. Dont disagree without commenting. just write your reason.
Let’s discuss it.

Also Admins dont close this, lets debate here see peoples idea. Silencing people will not get away the problems.

edit: since many 1.8 players are not in the forum anymore, probably “no” will be highly much. so make a vote in discord tagging everyone and lets see after one week later the result.
First I'm gonna state that I would support the return of 1.8 pvp as I consider myself a 1.8 player. However, we have to be realist and realize this is impossible to happen as no server would support 2 servers in the same version of the game, it just doesn't make sense. With that said, I think those people who say 1.9 is better because there are less tryhards and so on are simply lying. When 1.9 was first introduced on CubeCraft that was probably true, almost none of us had played on those versions, so it was a new mechanic for us, but now it has became worse. The problem with this type of pvp is that it takes much more time to learn how to play and it may result really frustrating for many people because it isn't intuitive at all.
When CubeCraft supported 1.8 versions, it never stood out for being an excessively competitive server, and I honestly think the closure of the old versions was a terrible mistake, but there is nothing to do with regard to that now. If you want to play using the old combat system, just play on Bedrock, which is basically the same and now it's free for those who have a Java account, instead of playing on CubeCraft Java.
1.8 servers are better to attract new people that won't feel comfortable playing on the biggest servers that are really competitive and full of tryhards, but instead of attracting these players, we just scare them away making the combat system impossible for new players, while most of pvp youtubers play on 1.8.

These are the main problems of the server activity under my point of view, however, the staff lack of initiative with regard to this will probably solve these discussions in a future that I fear is not really far unless actions are taken. Do you know why? Because if the server finishes closing, then we will have nothing to discuss.

Edit: I found a graphic that represents CubeCraft's Java activity for the last 24 months. The blue line represents the max peaks of the server in the last 24 months. There was a downfall of the server activity on June - July 2021, and what happened in that month? Exactly, 1.8 was closed, the server went from a peak of almost 10 thousand players to 4 thousand players (however, there is a little excuse for this, Hypixel went down for a few days and CubeCraft received many players from there), however it doesn't justify the whole downfall in terms of players. And, as you can see, the server has lost many players little by little for the last 8 months or so. I'm just going to say that the peak of players exactly one year ago used to be a peak of almost 4 thousand players or so. Just think about this and the version change.
1657024097157.png

Last edited:

La J

Novice Member
Mar 21, 2021
Italiaaa
so,

As finally,
Let’s discuss it.

let’s give the developers some times so they can fix this problems + maintaining 1.8 server was expensive compared to the players that played on it

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Correlation =/= Causation

1.8 was shut while we were in a lockdown, so naturally, there would be a lot of players. Now, life has somewhat restabilised, everyone's going back to school, so that would mean a natural player decline.

What we do know is that back then, our 1.8 playerbase was getting 0.7-1.2% of our entire playercount, or, in comparison to Java, it was around 15%. 15% of our Java playercount during offpeak times now would be around 45~ players, split across Team/Solo EggWars/SkyWars/Lucky Islands and PvP modes - it would likely mean queue times are incredibly long. That is not feasible for us whatsoever to maintain and spend countless hours trying to fix bugs and spend more time for updates to go out on all platforms just for little to no return. It is also a fact that most of our players are joining with the newer version.

Furthermore, with updating to newer versions, we have access to the amazing updates that the Mojang team are pushing towards us. That is such a powerful thing to have access to, as it means more content for you guys to enjoy!

You can read more about our 1.8 closure here.

- Denied, locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom