Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Hello everyone,

Over the past couple of weeks, I've had this idea to create a little movie of the CubeCraft Games network. So I started to write down ideas which I could use for this "little movie".

I included some personal experience, forum screenshots, community opinions and current modes on CubeCraft Java!

I'm kinda proud of the way it turned out to be, I'm not good at editing but I still think I did an okay job! I've had a lot of fun making this and I think that's the important part!

Feedback is still always welcome, and let me know if you'd like a part 2 since I have plenty of ideas!

D

Deleted member 481668

Wow Axyy! Great Movie, I didn't saw the whole video, but this is amazing dude, I gave the video alike because you deserve all the likes! When I saw the old lobby I couldn't even understand, because my whole life has started right over there, but I never joined the forums that early! Love to see how you played every single game mode, you did a great job I'm not even lying! CubeCraftGames is coming back and stronger than before, the Hunger Games part in the beginning of the video image can't believe that people on the forums, play that long, my respect to you for every single part of the video!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Axyy

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Wow Axyy! Great Movie, I didn't saw the whole video but this is amazing dude, I gave the video a like because you deserves all the likes! When I saw the old lobby I couldn't even understand, because my whole life has started right over there, but I never joined the forums that early! Love to see how you played every single game mode, you did a great job I'm not even lying! CubeCraftGames is coming back and stronger than before, the HungerGames part in the beginning of the video omg can't believe that people on the forums play that long, my respect to you for every single part of the video! Your edit skills aren't even bad, my edit skills are worser then that, I love your channel and your clean thumbnails! Keep going bro! <3
Thanks man, really means a lot to me! :)

RobinDn

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2017
Just WOW! Really nice edit and cool perspective from what think Cubecraft is all about.
Liked this video :)

Keep up the good work! :D

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Hi,

So, I'd like to give you some advice if you plan on making something like this again. This is my opinion. For obvious reasons I didn't watch this all the way. It's 28 minutes.. It's extremely long and that's kinda a problem. There are plenty of 18-30 minute videos that are amazing to watch because they have commentary. For example, Grian with Hermitcraft. They're all around the 20 minutes and when they're over it feels like only a couple minutes have passed. Now, there's a big different between a survival gameplay and a PvP gameplay. However, trying to find a video to showcase a good 20 minute PvP video, is hard. Most people realize that, that's too long. You showed Skyblock for only a few seconds, why? There are plenty of interesting things to show in Skyblock. Finishing a quest, exploring a new island. Just cut out the boring parts. Technoblade was able to make an 18 minute Skyblock video, then make a part two, 14 minutes long. Both were about farming potatoes, yet he makes it interesting.
Your video however, it's painful to watch all the way. It's not interesting. It's too long and boring.

What you did is gather some clips from different games, put them all together. Without barely any skips (Skywars). If you show a full gameplay, it needs to be interesting. Walking around, placing some blocks, isn't interesting. People who do post a lot of Skywars typ games, have commentary for the viewer to focus on. If there's no commentary, they just show the interesting parts. Killing someone, saving yourself from death. There are plenty of videos of people playing Skywars without commentary, but they're short. This video starts out with someone building, yet it's interesting due to the editing.
Livestreams are 1-3 hours long, but with the right person you can easily watch it all without even realizing it's been a couple hours.

In the Eggwars part you did cut parts, but it mainly exists out of you getting diamonds, being in the death mode, which is boring. Show the parts where you kill someone, get great great, break some eggs. Show action. You have some fighting around 7:20, but you slowed it down. Making it boring. After the so far only Eggwars action, you show you getting some items and eating an golden apple and steak. That's not interesting.

Minerware.. You start off speeding up the waiting time.. We're here to see you play the game, not jump around.. Please.. Why did you include this? This is beyond boring.. This waiting time is longer then the Skyblock part.. Overall, this is an extremely long. Cut out the boring parts, waiting time, answering a question etc. Just show the action. That's why the Parkour part, comparing to the other parts, is one of the best. It's not long, it shows pure action. But then you go to PvP, and have a bunch of boring parts. Yes, fighting is action, but the missing hits, the parts before that aren't very fun to look add if there's no edits. Then you also proceed to slow it down.. again.. It was a very awkward fight, and that's mainly the fault of the PvP system. But the job of an editor is to make the fight appealing. FFA.. you start of with walking, then you get into action, and you.. stop? You just hit him with your fist and move on? Cut that part out.. It's boring, there's no reason to add it.
It then becomes even worse when you show even more footage of you running around and hitting people with your first.. As you move on to the next part, you can still see some action. That's more action that most of the parts you actually showed..
Assassinations, same thing, running around. Barely any action. Showing you collecting items isn't boring perse. There's a part in Grian's Hermitcraft video I talked about in the beginning, he collects fish heads. He speeds up him killing the fish and cuts out the parts where he swims to another fish. Cutting out the parts where you walk to another chest, and speeding up the part where you collect the coins, would make it much better to watch.

Tower Defence, Lucky Islands, same story. Show moments with action. I can go into details, again, but it all ends up with ''skip the boring parts.'' and I'm getting tired of writing so let's move on to the title..
''CubeCraft Movie''. I'm pretty sure this isn't seen as a movie.
Any story that has been recorded by a camera, shown in a set of moving images, on either television or a theater screen is considered a movie.
It could be seen as a movie, it shows moving images that were recorded by a camera.. but if I think of a movie, I think of Avengers: Endgame.. Mamma Mia.. The Tourist.. The Greatest Showman.. They're all wonderful movies which include a storyline and characters. This? Doesn't have a story, doesn't have characters.. This is not a movie.

I'm going to finish this pretty harsh, but I need to say this.. Did you expect anyone to fully watch this? I didn't fully watch it, I skipped most parts. The parts I did watch, I watched because I wanted to give advice. I made a Spleef montage, it's around 1 minute and 42 seconds, and I already know most people won't watch everything. I'll probably end up cutting it because it's just too long. It's the same.
If you expected anyone to fully watch this, I don't have any words.. I'm sorry.

Feel free to ask anything else, but I'm heading off right now. Spend around an hour writing this and I'm tired, I'm going to watch some Youtube videos or perhaps movies..

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Hi,

So, I'd like to give you some advice if you plan on making something like this again. This is my opinion. For obvious reasons I didn't watch this all the way. It's 28 minutes.. It's extremely long and that's kinda a problem. There are plenty of 18-30 minute videos that are amazing to watch because they have commentary. For example, Grian with Hermitcraft. They're all around the 20 minutes and when they're over it feels like only a couple minutes have passed. Now, there's a big different between a survival gameplay and a PvP gameplay. However, trying to find a video to showcase a good 20 minute PvP video, is hard. Most people realize that, that's too long. You showed Skyblock for only a few seconds, why? There are plenty of interesting things to show in Skyblock. Finishing a quest, exploring a new island. Just cut out the boring parts. Technoblade was able to make an 18 minute Skyblock video, then make a part two, 14 minutes long. Both were about farming potatoes, yet he makes it interesting.
Your video however, it's painful to watch all the way. It's not interesting. It's too long and boring.

What you did is gather some clips from different games, put them all together. Without barely any skips (Skywars). If you show a full gameplay, it needs to be interesting. Walking around, placing some blocks, isn't interesting. People who do post a lot of Skywars typ games, have commentary for the viewer to focus on. If there's no commentary, they just show the interesting parts. Killing someone, saving yourself from death. There are plenty of videos of people playing Skywars without commentary, but they're short. This video starts out with someone building, yet it's interesting due to the editing.
Livestreams are 1-3 hours long, but with the right person you can easily watch it all without even realizing it's been a couple hours.

In the Eggwars part you did cut parts, but it mainly exists out of you getting diamonds, being in the death mode, which is boring. Show the parts where you kill someone, get great great, break some eggs. Show action. You have some fighting around 7:20, but you slowed it down. Making it boring. After the so far only Eggwars action, you show you getting some items and eating an golden apple and steak. That's not interesting.

Minerware.. You start off speeding up the waiting time.. We're here to see you play the game, not jump around.. Please.. Why did you include this? This is beyond boring.. This waiting time is longer then the Skyblock part.. Overall, this is an extremely long. Cut out the boring parts, waiting time, answering a question etc. Just show the action. That's why the Parkour part, comparing to the other parts, is one of the best. It's not long, it shows pure action. But then you go to PvP, and have a bunch of boring parts. Yes, fighting is action, but the missing hits, the parts before that aren't very fun to look add if there's no edits. Then you also proceed to slow it down.. again.. It was a very awkward fight, and that's mainly the fault of the PvP system. But the job of an editor is to make the fight appealing. FFA.. you start of with walking, then you get into action, and you.. stop? You just hit him with your fist and move on? Cut that part out.. It's boring, there's no reason to add it.
It then becomes even worse when you show even more footage of you running around and hitting people with your first.. As you move on to the next part, you can still see some action. That's more action that most of the parts you actually showed..
Assassinations, same thing, running around. Barely any action. Showing you collecting items isn't boring perse. There's a part in Grian's Hermitcraft video I talked about in the beginning, he collects fish heads. He speeds up him killing the fish and cuts out the parts where he swims to another fish. Cutting out the parts where you walk to another chest, and speeding up the part where you collect the coins, would make it much better to watch.

Tower Defence, Lucky Islands, same story. Show moments with action. I can go into details, again, but it all ends up with ''skip the boring parts.'' and I'm getting tired of writing so let's move on to the title..
''CubeCraft Movie''. I'm pretty sure this isn't seen as a movie.
Any story that has been recorded by a camera, shown in a set of moving images, on either television or a theater screen is considered a movie.
It could be seen as a movie, it shows moving images that were recorded by a camera.. but if I think of a movie, I think of Avengers: Endgame.. Mamma Mia.. The Tourist.. The Greatest Showman.. They're all wonderful movies which include a storyline and characters. This? Doesn't have a story, doesn't have characters.. This is not a movie.

I'm going to finish this pretty harsh, but I need to say this.. Did you expect anyone to fully watch this? I didn't fully watch it, I skipped most parts. The parts I did watch, I watched because I wanted to give advice. I made a Spleef montage, it's around 1 minute and 42 seconds, and I already know most people won't watch everything. I'll probably end up cutting it because it's just too long. It's the same.
If you expected anyone to fully watch this, I don't have any words.. I'm sorry.

Feel free to ask anything else, but I'm heading off right now. Spend around an hour writing this and I'm tired, I'm going to watch some Youtube videos or perhaps movies..

Hey,

Well, first of all, thanks for the feedback I guess, as mentioned by me before "I'm not great at editing" + "I've had a lot of fun making this and this is the most important part for me". Everyone can have their own opinion which is totally fine, and I also know there are a lot of boring parts in the video which I let in.

So let's get to the point why I made such a video, I created this video because of my support towards CubeCraft and the community, to the people who enjoy watching a video like this. Not everyone may like it, maybe the most part doesn't like and I really was not expecting anyone to watch the full video but I still made it the way it is because I wanted that, I mean you don't have to watch my video's if you don't like it.

I want to thank you for your constructive feedback which was a bit harsh though, I mean I had no bad intentions with this video and you could react a bit nicer (In my opinion). Still, I know what you mean!

I know some people liked it and they already told me in private. I do it for them, I just do the thing I enjoy. This video was just a lot of fun to make, I even came across some old footage of myself playing Cube in 2014 and it gave me goosebumps. Again, I just did something I like and I hope you can appreciate that at least.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Hey,

Well, first of all, thanks for the feedback I guess, as mentioned by me before "I'm not great at editing" + "I've had a lot of fun making this and this is the most important part for me". Everyone can have their own opinion which is totally fine, and I also know there are a lot of boring parts in the video which I let in.

So let's get to the point why I made such a video, I created this video because of my support towards CubeCraft and the community, to the people who enjoy watching a video like this. Not everyone may like it, maybe the most part doesn't like and I really was not expecting anyone to watch the full video but I still made it the way it is because I wanted that, I mean you don't have to watch my video's if you don't like it.

I want to thank you for your constructive feedback which was a bit harsh though, I mean I had no bad intentions with this video and you could react a bit nicer (In my opinion). Still, I know what you mean!

I know some people liked it and they already told me in private. I do it for them, I just do the thing I enjoy. This video was just a lot of fun to make, I even came across some old footage of myself playing Cube in 2014 and it gave me goosebumps. Again, I just did something I like and I hope you can appreciate that at least.
Obviously you should do things that you enjoy. I understand. I'd be worrying if you were doing this whilst hating it. But you asked for advice, and you got it. If you were purely doing this for your own enjoyment and for other people to enjoy, don't ask for feedback. Asking for feedback implies that you're looking to improve, so I'm giving you advice to improve.
If you weren't expecting anyone to watch the full video, why did you make it so long? If you know you put in boring parts, why did you put them in?

To me it seems like you are very annoyed at my comment. I tried to keep it civil, I did. You asked for feedback and this is that. But then you become defensive saying you made it just for yourself and people that enjoy it. Then don't ask for feedback.

Reactions: Axyy and remio

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Obviously you should do things that you enjoy. I understand. I'd be worrying if you were doing this whilst hating it. But you asked for advice, and you got it. If you were purely doing this for your own enjoyment and for other people to enjoy, don't ask for feedback. Asking for feedback implies that you're looking to improve, so I'm giving you advice to improve.
If you weren't expecting anyone to watch the full video, why did you make it so long? If you know you put in boring parts, why did you put them in?

To me it seems like you are very annoyed at my comment. I tried to keep it civil, I did. You asked for feedback and this is that. But then you become defensive saying you made it just for yourself and people that enjoy it. Then don't ask for feedback.

I'm not annoyed at all, I even thanked you for your feedback! I ask for feedback to improve my video's and thankfully you took the time to give me some constructive feedback. Anyways it is okay to have different opinions, nothing wrong about that. I was happy with your feedback but in my opinion, you sounded a bit harsh. Obviously it's never fun to hear someone call it boring, boring, boring after you've worked on it for days. (Yes days, I'm not an expert at editing). Still thanks! :)

Reactions: Nikoshka

Passer

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
California
www.cubecraft.net
Wow... This is amazing dude keep up the amazing work its crazy how much effort and work was put into this. It was really cool to see all your clips, keep up the great work!

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I'm not annoyed at all, I even thanked you for your feedback! I ask for feedback to improve my video's and thankfully you took the time to give me some constructive feedback. Anyways it is okay to have different opinions, nothing wrong about that. I was happy with your feedback but in my opinion, you sounded a bit harsh. Obviously it's never fun to hear someone call it boring, boring, boring after you've worked on it for days. (Yes days, I'm not an expert at editing). Still thanks! :)
Yes, I get that you don't like me saying your video sucks. But if you ask for feedback you just need to deal with that. Because the biggest problem with your video is that it's boring. If you ask for feedback, you can't then become defensive saying you were doing it just to entertain yourself and people who would enjoy the video. Then don't ask for feedback.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡
vPhaseAsu wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713905163373.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
Top Bottom