Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Yeah people were complaining about the kb for years and its possible that the complaints were the reason they fixed it. They didn't want to ruin their player base so they added new kb.
I've been following this thread for a bit and just wanted to quickly comment on this. The issue of KB was brought up a lot, and after a message from @Marieke2001 after going through bug reports, we did a community talk a week after in October/November. Comes January, we did two separate tests of the KB test with a whole bunch of community feedback, revamped our entity system entirely, and added platform-based matchmaking. The issue itself was known for a long time, but it wasn't until an uproar of community feedback on how broken the old system was when we decided to change.

We understand that this shouldn't be the way forward and shouldn't require 20+ threads about the broken KB. We hosted a community talk about us revamping our suggestions system and we have plans on moving forward with this.

Determining priority is one of the most difficult things we have to do, both beforehand and now. We understand that an idea like Duels was suggested a long time ago, and it wasn't until this year that it came about - but we decided that something like this would be amazing, and we spotted the gap in the market there, however, it isn't something we focused on when our Bedrock server was struggling to hit a 5k player peak as we knew that Duels wouldn't be our golden token for players joining our server, much like Java. Bedrock has seen a plethora of new games within the last year - all of which were calculated decisions that all in all helped us get to where we are today.

2020 was all about change, growth, overcoming those growing pains, and setting a massive precedent going into 2021 - we're glad to have so much support on our server over the last couple of months, and we're so privileged to be in the position we are at the moment. And we hope you'll stick with us as we figure out the nuances of the dilemmas stated in the thread. :heart:

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Honestly, I think that they're paying more attention to Bedrock more than Java. They've updated knockback, revamped scoreboards, and done a lot for Bedrock. It's becoming a very enjoyable experience imo.
Yeah I know they've been putting attention into the server as of late which is been a very good thing as there has been changes I'm not saying that they never update the server

• Love
Reactions: Dualninja

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Honestly, I think that they're paying more attention to Bedrock more than Java. They've updated knockback, revamped scoreboards, and done a lot for Bedrock. It's becoming a very enjoyable experience imo.
Yeah I know they've been putting attention into the server as of late which is been a very good thing as there has been changes I'm not saying that that
I've been following this thread for a bit and just wanted to quickly comment on this. The issue of KB was brought up a lot, and after a message from @Marieke2001 after going through bug reports, we did a community talk a week after in October/November. Comes January, we did two separate tests of the KB test with a whole bunch of community feedback, revamped our entity system entirely, and added platform-based matchmaking. The issue itself was known for a long time, but it wasn't until an uproar of community feedback on how broken the old system was when we decided to change.

We understand that this shouldn't be the way forward and shouldn't require 20+ threads about the broken KB. We hosted a community talk about us revamping our suggestions system and we have plans on moving forward with this.

Determining priority is one of the most difficult things we have to do, both beforehand and now. We understand that an idea like Duels was suggested a long time ago, and it wasn't until this year that it came about - but we decided that something like this would be amazing, and we spotted the gap in the market there, however, it isn't something we focused on when our Bedrock server was struggling to hit a 5k player peak as we knew that Duels wouldn't be our golden token for players joining our server, much like Java. Bedrock has seen a plethora of new games within the last year - all of which were calculated decisions that all in all helped us get to where we are today.

2020 was all about change, growth, overcoming those growing pains, and setting a massive precedent going into 2021 - we're glad to have so much support on our server over the last couple of months, and we're so privileged to be in the position we are at the moment. And we hope you'll stick with us as we figure out the nuances of the dilemmas stated in the thread. :heart:
I fully understand what youve said and I do agree that cubecraft bedrock has come along way in the past year with staff members like your self getting more involved with the community and hearing what they have to say and it's definitely better than it was a year ago today as back then to be honest there was nothing to do at all apart from play eggwars or skywars as the other games no one liked

Reactions: Dualninja

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I already reported it, However im saying that theres so much bugs in bedrock and the understaffing thing dosent help it. in java i think bugs get fixed faster cos theres more staff working. Again, Im not saying FIX YOUR BUGS OR I WILL KILL YOU or anything like that but im just saying that theres tons of bugs. and in bedrock these can be around for MONTHS.
Actually, years.

Reactions: Salty_Shadows

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm not even on about myself. I know id get denied lmao.

My point being that Saltys post about the Bedrock community getting 0 attention has been proven here today. I have also mentioned it several times in the past. They actually escalated my idea then unescalated it and shut me down.

Its sad to see and even as a content creator ive experienced it. Most of the staff here have gone against Salty, but these are the staff who only work on Java. Which is a big red flag.

In the past I reported that kb was broken. Three java staff argued against me, as soon as I provided hard proof, they all ignored me. How does that make me feel any better?

I asked a question regarding the community a week ago and I am still yet to receive a reply despite being promised dedicated contact for help.
You should make a video about this thread.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Gonna be honest I tried to read every post of this thread and it's really confusing... We can't lower our staff standards because then we'll get bad staff, which would fix none of the problems stated here. Bedrock isn't being ignored, it's our biggest platform and we have more than just the "4 mods". I personally have focused more time on Bedrock recently as I found Java moderation is being handled quite nicely :) and no one will notice it as I am not handling reports. Just because I don't scream "Bedrock!!!!" every 2 mins doesn't mean moderation isn't happening there.
Not all bugs are equal either, some are really hard to fix and not as simple as you might think, some take minutes to fix, it largely depends and you as a player do not know how our network functions and so you can't judge each bug accurately.
This I agree with for the bugs, fixing bugs isn't what gets the Bedrock to 50k players, it's the new games, features, and competitiveness. As a Java developer myself, it really can take a long time to come up with a solution for a bug. Especially small ones because it feels pointless at times. Plus what Marieke said about a lot of them never being reported is true. I see people complain about bugs and how long they've existed and then Marieke and Keanu are like "no one reported it". If you want big bugs fixed, report them!
Oh cmon, the "You're Toxic" card is such an easy play.
I have gotten denied for toxicity before and it made me realize "Oh my god, I'm being toxic they ARE right" I then went on to fix this by keeping my frustrations to myself. If you're denied it's not an excuse it's a REASON.
How are you still arguing that the version is still getting 0 attention when you have moderators and admins replying and explaining how things are working out on their end???
The community: Bedrock is being ignored
The community when they get attention:
Frieza Dragon ball super I'll ignore that Latest Memes - Imgflip

I swear staff members just dont care if u have questions on bedrock as i asked a question in dms with an admin about something and they didnt respond but when it was about the discord server they responded in 5 seconds and fixed it like is it just an ignore and that same admin asked for evidence on something about bedrock 3 weeks ago and said ill get back to u tomorrow about this like do the staff not care about bedrock i bet if i was a java player cube staff would answer all questions that i have
This is really rare from us. We get almost 60k players on our network, most admins of servers of that size would never even respond to you. I think Younisco does a great job interacting with everyone. If you messaged me a Bedrock question I'd answer you and if I didn't know I'd message the staff team to see if someone did. No one cares that you're a Bedrock player, we don't go "ew bedrock time to ignore" the only reason you'd get ignored is if you asked a question they didn't know the answer to.
Anyways all in all the original message is good and makes some good points about staffing that would be amazing to have resolved, however, the rest of the thread seems to be ignoring valid points and repeating themselves constantly. Thanks for the feedback :))

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Gonna be honest I tried to read every post of this thread and it's really confusing... We can't lower our staff standards because then we'll get bad staff, which would fix none of the problems stated here. Bedrock isn't being ignored, it's our biggest platform and we have more than just the "4 mods". I personally have focused more time on Bedrock recently as I found Java moderation is being handled quite nicely :) and no one will notice it as I am not handling reports. Just because I don't scream "Bedrock!!!!" every 2 mins doesn't mean moderation isn't happening there.

This I agree with for the bugs, fixing bugs isn't what gets the Bedrock to 50k players, it's the new games, features, and competitiveness. As a Java developer myself, it really can take a long time to come up with a solution for a bug. Especially small ones because it feels pointless at times. Plus what Marieke said about a lot of them never being reported is true. I see people complain about bugs and how long they've existed and then Marieke and Keanu are like "no one reported it". If you want big bugs fixed, report them!

I have gotten denied for toxicity before and it made me realize "Oh my god, I'm being toxic they ARE right" I then went on to fix this by keeping my frustrations to myself. If you're denied it's not an excuse it's a REASON.

The community: Bedrock is being ignored
The community when they get attention:
Frieza Dragon ball super I'll ignore that Latest Memes - Imgflip'll ignore that Latest Memes - Imgflip

This is really rare from us. We get almost 60k players on our network, most admins of servers of that size would never even respond to you. I think Younisco does a great job interacting with everyone. If you messaged me a Bedrock question I'd answer you and if I didn't know I'd message the staff team to see if someone did. No one cares that you're a Bedrock player, we don't go "ew bedrock time to ignore" the only reason you'd get ignored is if you asked a question they didn't know the answer to.
Anyways all in all the original message is good and makes some good points about staffing that would be amazing to have resolved, however, the rest of the thread seems to be ignoring valid points and repeating themselves constantly. Thanks for the feedback :))
ive fully understood what youve said and i do agree with it but one thing why does every staff member say that i sad to lower standards about bedrock staff as i never stated that the standards should be lowered

we need bedrock only mods
this is 100% needed as most of the bedrock staff also moderate java as well

How does this have so many replies already??? It's been around 12 hours!!
And 7 pages of responses,

Wow people are really passionate about this topic...
its been something some people in the bedrock community has wanted to say for a while and its been quite clear reading the replies who plays java and who plays bedrock

JMcStarrison

Novice Member
Sep 27, 2020
Canada
Pronouns
He/Him
i honestly dont like the fact that team cubecraft as a whole focues most of their time on the java edition, whereas the bedrock edition needs way more attention due to a playerbase thats 4x larger than our java counterparts.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
but one thing why does every staff member say that i sad to lower standards about bedrock staff as i never stated that the standards should be lowered
Not really trying to engage myself in this too much but I just wanna point out that even if it wasn't intended, stuff like this implies that you're suggesting the toxicity standard be lowered, which is what ppl are talking about when they say you said to lower the standards.
i personally asked 30 people who i thought would apply for staff at one point and 20 replied and said that they did and every single one replied with they got denied for Toxicity like come on cubecraft 50k players not everyone is toxic.
like if i keep getting denied when i try my best whats the point in trying if im just gonna get denied
i tested it out once by not sending a single message in game chat for a month before and during my application to see what would happen and it was denied due to toxicity like bruh

Reactions: Levi_the_pro

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Not really trying to engage myself in this too much but I just wanna point out that even if it wasn't intended, stuff like this implies that you're suggesting the toxicity standard be lowered, which is what ppl are talking about when they say you said to lower the standards.
to be fair though the toxic rule is way to strict imo and everyone does say a few toxic things in their life even the staff have so not everyone is 100% perfect like say if there was 90 days and on one of the days u were a bit toxic they will take that one day out of the other 90 and deny the application for toxic behaviour

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
to be fair though the toxic rule is way to strict imo and everyone does say a few toxic things in their life even the staff have so not everyone is 100% perfect like say if there was 90 days and on one of the days u were a bit toxic they will take that one day out of the other 90 and deny the application for toxic behaviour
Yeah I don't have much experience with that rule so I don't really have an opinion on it, just trying to clarify the standards thing a bit from an outside pov

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
honestly team cubecraft as a whole should have some more bedrock knowledge. thats the reason why we are being pushed aside, the staff has little to zero bedrock knowledge
even if the staff have little knowledge they can speak to people in the community if they need help with something like how does ... work and someone will probably know and will be able to explain it to the staff member

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
Well you're right in saying we're understaffed, but we are also understaffed just on our Java network alone. However, in every other aspect, Bedrock gets just as much of attention as Java if not sometimes more.

When it comes to Sentinel development, its a lot slower because we're working internally to make things stable. It isn't as easy as developing for our Java network, and our Java network arguably needs more Sentinel attention since the cheater problem is much more drastic. 95% of cheaters on Bedrock are usually little kids using clients like Toolbox, not like the hardcore cheating community on Java.

Otherwise, I genuinely am confused about your other complaints. If you're going to make a rant thread though, please include possible solutions as constructiveness is important for discussion. :)

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
They said they are understaffed because they dont wanna take anyone as helper, then say that java staff dont know Bedrock but wont teach them.

I never said to force it on them. Its the fact they are causing the problem themselves then finding excuses for why the problem isn't fixed.

I should probably comment that you generally do not want low quality staff members for what should be fairly obvious reasons. We get tons of applications, problem is finding the right applicants for the job. And since this is a volunteer job, let's just say competency is a diamond in the rough.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Some things I'm about to say have already been said before, sorry xd
Just because you hate the game doesnt mean u dont have to moderate it
How does that make sense lmao If you force moderators (who are volunteers) to do things they won't like that'd only lead to mods leaving xd
they refuse to bring in staff
Ah yes, it's not a problem with applicants but with the people handling applications of course...
it also seems like they want it to go unmoderated so more and more hackers and rule breakers can just get away with it
Tbh this is the best point you've made. Do you actually believe that they want rulebreakers? Of course they don't...
I swear staff members just dont care if u have questions on bedrock as i asked a question in dms with an admin about something and they didnt respond but when it was about the discord server they responded in 5 seconds and fixed it like is it just an ignore and that same admin asked for evidence on something about bedrock 3 weeks ago and said ill get back to u tomorrow about this
So you're trying to say that you never forget to do something/answer to someone? Everyone does that, staff are humans too, they're not robots who can never forget anything.
i bet if i was a java player cube staff would answer all questions that i have
As you clearly aren't a Java player, how would you know? You can't, so why would you talk about it?
do they have any other denial messages for bedrock other than "Your toxic"
I've heard people complaining about that before, also Java. So as it happens for both networks that doesn't really seem like something to complain about in a thread about how bedrock is apparently mistreated.
when really big people in the community apply for staff
So being well known should mean you instantly get staff?
if they get denied it will make them feel like they wasted their past few months just wasted
Well I'm not sure if you'd make a good staff member if you change your behaviour just for getting helper? Aren't you supposed to always behave well and not only in the time during your application.
and the bug they "fixed" was still there
That happens on Java too, has nothing to do with bedrock :confusedcat:
there is a handfull of people out there who do fit the criteria but they always get denied
Well if they get denied they clearly don't fit the criteria do they? xd
I asked in this dedicated place a question about a week ago since I was having issues and this was for the communities well being. I am still yet to receive a reply.

A java YouTuber who has a larger sub count than me asked a different question about three days later and received a reply within one hour.
Maybe they didn't know the answer or forgot to answer, there's so many possible reasons why that happened and absolutely no need to assume that it's because you play bedrock.
So teach them?
Maybe they don't even want to be teached it. Why would you make them do something they don't want, they're volunteers.
I never said to force it on them. Its the fact they are causing the problem themselves then finding excuses for why the problem isn't fixed.
They aren't finding excuses, it's true. If you don't have any good applicants for bedrock, then that's not nice, but they can't do anything about it.
If you cant see there's a clear problem here, then there's no way I can help you.
You think there's a clear problem, a lot of people think there isn't as you can see by the comments on this thread.
in java i think bugs get fixed faster cos theres more staff working.
It's not as if in Java every bug is fixed within seconds either? It can take a long time there too.
Also the staff just ignore bedrock suggestions, like I can make a suggestion for bedrock and java and both are good but the java one will probably be implemented in a few hours while on the bedrock one no staff replies.
No. They ignore a lot of suggestions, just as much Java suggestions as Bedrock suggestions.
I cant see a server with 50k having 10 staff thats every 1 staff for 10k players
Idk how people do maths where you come from, but 50k/10=10k doesn't seem right to me :confusedcat:
My point being that Saltys post about the Bedrock community getting 0 attention has been proven here today.
Isn't this post about bedrock? 7 pages of posts in under 24 hours seems like attention to me...
Most of the staff here have gone against Salty, but these are the staff who only work on Java.
Bedrock staff have replied here and gone against Salty too.
If i'm honest it seems to be we are getting no where since you guys just keep denying everything we say, so just as usual I cant be bothered wasting my time trying to help out anymore.
And you aren't repeating your point? You're saying the same thing over and over again not listening to what other people answer to it.
Lemme guess you play Java like all the staff replying to this thread?
Calichin replied, Story said 99% of his work is on Bedrock, clearly only playing Java of course.
Oh yeah let me comment on something that’s won’t effect me oh yeah.
If no one commented you'd be mad too because you're 'skipped'. Make up your mind, do you want people to reply or not? Because like this when we do reply you say "YOU PLAY JAVA GO AWAY" and if we don't you say "EVERYONE SKIPS US".
So my opinion from an outside point of view means nothing?
You guys just told us java players to stop replying because we have an outside point of view :confusedcat:
i never said to lower the standards
How are they supposed to get more staff then? xd
but if its just on one day then thats not really a reason to be denied cuz u were toxic on one day out of 3 months
Have you ever seen a staff member, even only on one day, say "HAHA L LOSER NOOB"?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom