Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Your proposals are counterproductive when you consider that lowering your standards for accepting people into the staff team will have a negative impact in their overall representation of the staff team, their engagement with the community, and the quality of their interactions with members. Aspects which you claim to have a lot of issues that need to be solved would be in a worse situation with an unwise selection of people to represent CubeCraft

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
Ok relating to the first post, Im just saying that yeah i agree its kinda weird that bedrock dosent get as much attention as java. However in recent months I feel like they did give some attention (remember when all of the games were there were minerware, eggwars, skywars and survival games xD) But theres still some stuff they need to work on like bugs which in bedrock, Theres way too much. I know that bedrock in general is buggy af but Like just compare cubecraft to the hive in lag and stuff, it dosent come close. (NOW PLS DONT SPAM 3985320956498593857042395835324 MESSAGES TELLING ME ITS BECAUSE OF NO N.A servers, cubecraft is buggy in general lmao) (even some freinds who live in europe its still buggy idk) but also theres some stuff that the staff team work hard on ngl

Reactions: Conea64

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Your proposals are counterproductive when you consider that lowering your standards for accepting people into the staff team will have a negative impact in their overall representation of the staff team, their engagement with the community, and the quality of their interactions with members. Aspects which you claim to have a lot of issues that need to be solved would be in a worse situation with an unwise selection of people to represent CubeCraft
i never said to lower the standards

Goodyannathan

Novice Member
Jun 8, 2020
In my opinion bedrock is doing really good at the moment, i want to thank all staff and members of the bedrock community for that.
However this thread shows that there is still a lot of room for improvement. I think there are a lot of people on the bedrock network that can be staff in the future, bedrock is big and while it doesnt have that much players that are active on forums/discord there are a few that are really active and might be good fits for the staff team in the future. I hope to see a lot more bedrock staff this year since like others said, that is necessary.

About the toxicity rule maybe staff can try to make more clear what a player can do to improve. Some people can get demotivated. They apply, think they did a lot of things good and when they get a response it says: We were a bit worried about the way you behave towards other players. Try to be more polite and friendly within the community. maybe they should add something like avoid toxicity in chat and be nice to everyone. I feel like some people dont understand that if they are nice to almost everyone but say L to a cheater or say toxic things in chat to cleaners or teamers that they get denied for that.

for bugs maybe its possible to get more people in that know how to handle bugs so they can get fixed faster.

Yes bedrock is not at its full potential at the moment, there are a lot of things on bedrock that should and could be improved. Together with the staff team we have now and the bedrock community we can make all the diffrence, lets make 2021 an epic year!

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
About the toxicity rule maybe staff can try to make more clear what a player can do to improve. Some people can get demotivated. They apply, think they did a lot of things good and when they get a response it says: We were a bit worried about the way you behave towards other players. Try to be more polite and friendly within the community. maybe they should add something like avoid toxicity in chat and be nice to everyone. I feel like some people dont understand that if they are nice to almost everyone but say L to a cheater or say toxic things in chat to cleaners or teamers that they get denied for that.
i agree with this as ive met some of the nicest people in the community and when one of them applied they got called toxic and it really confused me as they are one person i never thought would be toxic

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok relating to the first post, Im just saying that yeah i agree its kinda weird that bedrock dosent get as much attention as java. However in recent months I feel like they did give some attention (remember when all of the games were there were minerware, eggwars, skywars and survival games xD) But theres still some stuff they need to work on like bugs which in bedrock, Theres way too much. I know that bedrock in general is buggy af but Like just compare cubecraft to the hive in lag and stuff, it dosent come close. (NOW PLS DONT SPAM 3985320956498593857042395835324 MESSAGES TELLING ME ITS BECAUSE OF NO N.A servers, cubecraft is buggy in general lmao) (even some freinds who live in europe its still buggy idk) but also theres some stuff that the staff team work hard on ngl
its cuz no n.a servers nah im just kidding i agree with u 100% on what youve said here

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
This has been one heck of an interesting thread lol

As an applicant that has been denied 4 times (I think? Idk most of the applications were almost a year ago), I can say it does get frustrating knowing that you probably have more knowledge of Bedrock than 90% of the staff team but accidentally said "L" in chat to a hacker a couple times which ultimately lead to getting denied.

One time I made it to the "considering" stage. I was sure I would make it. After being stuck in "considering" for two months I got denied for two things. The "toxicity" card was played because I accidentally went of on someone for crossmapping me in EggWars. ALSO, I got told I "lacked basic server rule knowledge" because I had accidentally bumped my thread too many times...

I have bitter sweet feelings towards helper applications. I completely understand how they don't want toxic/unprofessional people on the staff team, but at the same time I don't feel it was fair to be denied for a small slip up like that... They say they don't expect perfection but in a way - they kinda do.

This is not a bad thing though. I would rather see a staff team with super high standards than having hundreds of people who are unprofessional.

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
This has been one heck of an interesting thread lol

As an applicant that has been denied 4 times (I think? Idk most of the applications were almost a year ago), I can say it does get frustrating knowing that you probably have more knowledge of Bedrock than 90% of the staff team but accidentally said "L" in chat to a hacker a couple times which ultimately lead to getting denied.

One time I made it to the "considering" stage. I was sure I would make it. After being stuck in "considering" for two months I got denied for two things. The "toxicity" card was played because I accidentally went of on someone for crossmapping me in EggWars. ALSO, I got told I "lacked basic server rule knowledge" because I had accidentally bumped my thread too many times...

I have bitter sweet feelings towards helper applications. I completely understand how they don't want toxic/unprofessional people on the staff team, but at the same time I don't feel it was fair to be denied for a small slip up like that... They say they don't expect perfection but in a way - they kinda do.

This is not a bad thing though. I would rather see a staff team with super high standards than having hundreds of people who are unprofessional.
I agree with the helper application bit one simple toxic message will instantly get you denied when putting it bluntly every staff member has sent one toxic message on cc in their life so im not sure why there so strict on it yeah maybe if the person was toxic on many different times on different days would be toxic but if its just on one day then thats not really a reason to be denied cuz u were toxic on one day out of 3 months ur sat in considering when u have no idea whats going on with ur application and you wont be able to remember the day out of the 90+ as its impossible to tell you what i said 90 days ago because its impossible to remember it

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Please keep the conversation civil, regardless of other people's opinions. Whilst I appreciate that some people are upset, that is no reason to treat other members of the community and the staff team with disrespect. Thank you.
Wait did ben just discourage disrespect? Wait until younisco hears about this1!!1!1!1 :banter:

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think its well known knowledge now that cubecraft bedrock is the most understaffed server across the entire bedrock platform apart from like Mineville and with player counts hitting 50k-52k players on peak times you can tell that this is a problem and i personally asked 30 people who i thought would apply for staff at one point and 20 replied and said that they did and every single one replied with they got denied for Toxicity like come on cubecraft 50k players not everyone is toxic. I even did an experiment myself and didnt send a single message at all in cubecraft chat itself for a month before i applied and they still said i was toxic like People joke about the server being under staffed and there is java staff i know have bedrock ive spoke to some of them and they all say they hate bedrock. Just because you hate the game doesnt mean u dont have to moderate it Java has a consistent 4-8k players peak times or not and bedrock non peak times has like 35k-40k players and yet they refuse to bring in staff is what it seems and it also seems like they want it to go unmoderated so more and more hackers and rule breakers can just get away with it whats the point of having rules if theyre just not going to be enforced to be fair to the current bedrock staff which off the top of my head only
@ckelting262 @SoundToTheThirdPower @Darkninja27 @Calichin (sorry if i missed u all the ones i could think off the top of my head) They do a good job being the only staff. Thats 4 staff for 50k players how are they supposed to keep up with it plus have an actual life

The amount of bugs that cubecraft just dont care about that have been reported(like the bridges pit bug) like whats the point in reporting a bug if the report is just going to get denied even though there is evidence there that there is a bug its almost like the staff team want bugs. To be fair with them They do patch a lot of the bugs but there is also way to many still out there and they also refuse to fix maps that lag such as Fallen on Eggwars mega when for months people have complained i even came up with a solution in a previous forum post here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/fun-eggwars-mega-stats.279123/
The simplest of things they just refuse to fix when all it takes is just to lower a gen level which will not take very long as they did do it on other maps so why not fallen oh yeah because they dont care about it.

I swear staff members just dont care if u have questions on bedrock as i asked a question in dms with an admin about something and they didnt respond but when it was about the discord server they responded in 5 seconds and fixed it like is it just an ignore and that same admin asked for evidence on something about bedrock 3 weeks ago and said ill get back to u tomorrow about this like do the staff not care about bedrock i bet if i was a java player cube staff would answer all questions that i have and im starting to get really sick and annoyed at how i keep getting pushed to the side when i give ways on how to fix the sever which links back to where i talked about bugs. I know the staff are busy most of the time but like 50k players is way more than javas average of 8k players.

Honestly i think at this point cubecraft are only using bedrock as their revenue as from Reviews alone The eggwars rank has earned $200,000 in its life time and thats not even the ones that have been gifted like come on when bedrock is earning you millions of dollars youd think it would be a good idea to put attention into the server and people dont want to apply for staff as if they keep getting denied every month they will lose motivation in wanting to apply for staff as all they will get is the same denial message every time as i did for 5 months in a row like do they have any other denial messages for bedrock other than "Your toxic" Yes i know that the staff have to be very strict on who they hire but when really big people in the community apply for staff when all they do is help as much as they can as they know the server is under staffed and if they get denied it will make them feel like they wasted their past few months just wasted and on the length of considering ik its to get as much detail as possible but i swear its longer for bedrock than it is for java. Out of the bedrock staff i asked they all said it took about 3-4 months to get accepted compared to the 2-3 months for java like Java honestly doesnt need more staff at this point they might as well make everyone on java a staff member
Understaffed:
Bedrock is understaffed not because they are not looking for bedrock staff, it's because the users applying in that category don't apply to their standards, toxicity is a huge part of it, but there is also activity outside of bedrock, reports, etc. Toxicity is a problem and I think hiring a toxic staff member would be the last thing that should be done. Staff members are supposed to represent the best of Cubecraft and the team that is dedicated to the players. Being rude and toxic in-general is bad so having someone who is supposed to help and work with the server is a big nono. Also, you'd be surprised how many people are toxic, I have been guilty of it in the past, but the toxicity part also stems from the fact people don't realize they are doing it, they think it's ok, or they are unwilling to change that. Also when they look at your messages it's not within the recent month, it spans WAY back. Recent behavior can be fake behavior. I'd imagine they want to get a big picture of who they are looking at. Also, saying you hate bedrock and then expecting to get staff on bedrock does not make sense. What would lead the recruitment team to believe you actually care and want to help when you are very negative and overall showing plain negativity. It's not about not knowing how to moderate, firstly being a helper is a learning experience, you are learning how to become a moderator in short. Being accepted and becoming a helper means you passed other aspects needed in becoming a staff member, maturity, activity, etc. You may be good at making reports, but that doesn't mean they will overlook flaws you may have elsewhere. Again, not that they are refusing, it's a matter of finding the right person. Also, trust me, there are more than 4 staff members in-game and on reports. While reports have been slow a variety of different staff members have handled them over the course of my time with Bedrock so it's not like they are critically lacking in dealing with reports, true it's not perfect and they need more staff but it's not like they are not trying.

Bugs:
@Marieke2001 handled a lot if not all the bug reports and I'm sure she is doing her best to get to all of them and then forward them to appropriate staff members. I have not personally submitted to many bug reports on Bedrock but when I do they are handled relatively quickly and taken care of. I've not heard of them denying bug reports with clear evidence? Got examples? I've talked to many people about Fallen and played using Phone and Computer and I never get lag nor do most of the people I have talked to, I'm down for some changes as long as the map is not removed. But I don't know if it's a high priority considering from what I can see a lot of people are fine. It's not that they don't care. They could be working on it now, or it's somewhere in their priority, or maybe they didn't see it as an issue. The point is, you aren't being ignored, they are well aware of it, but to what extent it will be handled or addressed I do not know.

Staff Member Responses:
Staff members, especially admins are super busy, to get responses from them, to begin with, means they do indeed care. They wouldn't even respond, to begin with, if not, they are busy people, who also have lives, and for many this is work. I speak to @Younisco and @Camezonda semi-often about Cubecraft related things and I am grateful they take time to respond to me and discuss with me. I do not expect them to get back to me right away or within that day sometimes. While the inpatient side of me wants an answer or something I understand they have a lot to do and I am a low priority to get to. So again, they do care but to be honest, players going to them directly is not the most important thing for them to do especially when for all we know they may be working on something we have been requesting. (;

Community Attitude:
Bedrock is not all about money, bedrock is here so people using Xbox, Phone, etc, can play and be apart of the Cubecraft experience and large Minecraft server experience. The point about money is great because a lot of that can and will go to improving the server and benefit Bedrock AND Java in the far future. Also again, with applications, if you get denied there has to be a good reason why. I have been denied multiple times before for a few different things, some could fall into the toxicity category. I totally understand why I was denied and I work to try and improve myself, however, I see many people through the server and elsewhere who complain about getting denied and don't work to improve the problem or reason they were denied. While it does take a lot of patience and motivation, it's worth it if you apply for the right reasons, and you have a true honest commitment as well as actually meet the standards you should be healed at not only here but in real life. Sometimes, when it comes down to it, it does not matter who you are, how many reports you have, how extremely active you are, etc. Maturity is a huge aspect of being accepted. Character and chat behavior also plays into it. If you fall short there you probably will be denied, and while I can understand the frustration of waiting so long only to be denied. You cannot deny there is indeed a good reason why. I don't know what Bedrock and Java applications take longer to handle but again, I'm sure there is a good reason. Also, toxicity should have no play in the server, especially in the staff team, you can say you won't be toxic but prove it, show you can change, the experiment you said you did from an outside perspective does not show change. It only showed you trying to see if you could get accepted while not showing any actual improvement. Because if they looked at the previous things you said they would only see the same thing. I'd also like to add that you can speak about your denial to the staff member who denied your application if you wish. They might give you more insight into your denial and whatnot.

I hope this response gave you another perspective on the matter. (:

Last edited:

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Understaffed:
Bedrock is understaffed not because they are not looking for bedrock staff, it's because the users applying in that category don't apply to their standards, toxicity is a huge part of it, but there is also activity outside of bedrock, reports, etc. Toxicity is a problem and I think hiring a toxic staff member would be the last thing that should be done. Staff members are supposed to represent the best of Cubecraft and the team that is dedicated to the players. Being rude and toxic in-general is bad so having someone who is supposed to help and work with the server is a big nono. Also, you'd be surprised how many people are toxic, I have been guilty of it in the past, but the toxicity part also stems from the fact people don't realize they are doing it, they think it's ok, or they are unwilling to change that. Also when they look at your messages it's not within the recent month, it spans WAY back. Recent behavior can be fake behavior. I'd imagine they want to get a big picture of who they are looking at. Also, saying you hate bedrock and then expecting to get staff on bedrock does not make sense. What would lead the recruitment team to believe you actually care and want to help when you are very negative and overall showing plain negativity. It's not about not knowing how to moderate, firstly being a helper is a learning experience, you are learning how to become a moderator in short. Being accepted and becoming a helper means you passed other aspects needed in becoming a staff member, maturity, activity, etc. You may be good at making reports, but that doesn't mean they will overlook flaws you may have elsewhere. Again, not that they are refusing, it's a matter of finding the right person. Also, trust me, there are more than 4 staff members in-game and on reports. While reports have been slow a variety of different staff members have handled them over the course of my time with Bedrock so it's not like they are critically lacking in dealing with reports, true it's not perfect and they need more staff but it's not like they are not trying.

Bugs:
@Marieke2001 handled a lot if not all the bug reports and I'm sure she is doing her best to get to all of them and then forward them to appropriate staff members. I have not personally submitted to many bug reports on Bedrock but when I do they are handled relatively quickly and taken care of. I've not heard of them denying bug reports with clear evidence? Got examples? I've talked to many people about Fallen and played using Phone and Computer and I never get lag nor do most of the people I have talked to, I'm down for some changes as long as the map is not removed. But I don't know if it's a high priority considering from what I can see a lot of people are fine. It's not that they don't care. They could be working on it now, or it's somewhere in their priority, or maybe they didn't see it as an issue. The point is, you aren't being ignored, they are well aware of it, but to what extent it will be handled or addressed I do not know.

Staff Member Responses:
Staff members, especially admins are super busy, to get responses from them, to begin with, means they do indeed care. They wouldn't even respond, to begin with, if not, they are busy people, who also have lives, and for many this is work. I speak to @Younisco and @Camezonda semi-often about Cubecraft related things and I am grateful they take time to respond to me and discuss with me. I do not expect them to get back to me right away or within that day sometimes. While the inpatient side of me wants an answer or something I understand they have a lot to do and I am a low priority to get to. So again, they do care but to be honest, players going to them directly is not the most important thing for them to do especially when for all we know they may be working on something we have been requesting. (;

Community Attitude:
Bedrock is not all about money, bedrock is here so people using Xbox, Phone, etc, can play and be apart of the Cubecraft experience and large Minecraft server experience. The point about money is great because a lot of that can and will go to improving the server and benefit Bedrock AND Java in the far future. Also again, with applications, if you get denied there has to be a good reason why. I have been denied multiple times before for a few different things, some could fall into the toxicity category. I totally understand why I was denied and I work to try and improve myself, however, I see many people through the server and elsewhere who complain about getting denied and don't work to improve the problem or reason they were denied. While it does take a lot of patience and motivation, it's worth it if you apply for the right reasons, and you have a true honest commitment as well as actually meet the standards you should be healed at not only here but in real life. Sometimes, when it comes down to it, it does not matter who you are, how many reports you have, how extremely active you are, etc. Maturity is a huge aspect of being accepted. Character and chat behavior also plays into it. If you fall short there you probably will be denied, and while I can understand the frustration of waiting so long only to be denied. You cannot deny there is indeed a good reason why. I don't know what Bedrock and Java applications take longer to handle but again, I'm sure there is a good reason. Also, toxicity should have no play in the server, especially in the staff team, you can say you won't be toxic but prove it, show you can change, the experiment you said you did from an outside perspective does not show change. It only showed you trying to see if you could get accepted while not showing any actual improvement. Because if they looked at the previous things you said they would only see the same thing.

I hope this response gave you another perspective on the matter. (:
yeah i can understand and see where your coming from but it would be better if they didnt look at previous messages after saying improve as if someone improved and still had toxic messages it could lead to a deniel and thats not really fair if someone tries to improve just to be denied of messages they sent before they improved

Reactions: Conea64
D

Deleted member 492126

yeah i can understand and see where your coming from but it would be better if they didnt look at previous messages after saying improve as if someone improved and still had toxic messages it could lead to a deniel and thats not really fair if someone tries to improve just to be denied of messages they sent before they improved
That’s already a thing

Ornaixx

Novice Member
Oct 29, 2020
duels was asked for years and changed to the kb was asked for years and the bugs that get fixed one of them wasnt even fixed i did one game of sg duo and the bug they "fixed" was still there
Yeah people were complaining about the kb for years and its possible that the complaints were the reason they fixed it. They didn't want to ruin their player base so they added new kb.

OnionSoups

Feb 17, 2021
Honestly, I think that they're paying more attention to Bedrock more than Java. They've updated knockback, revamped scoreboards, and done a lot for Bedrock. It's becoming a very enjoyable experience imo.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom