Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Hello Cubecrafters.

I was with my friends in my party and I noticed that I could swear using multiple words that would be a mute
So why can you swear in party and in global no?

-Thanks for reading the thread
Would you actually report your buddies tho? For joking around?
True fact: When wannabes are desperate for reports, they gonna report absolutely anything including their friends as well.
It doesn't affect anyone and only you/your party mates can see it. If you're really that sensitive then just tell your friends not to do it.

Does cubecraft really need to go that far with the "child friendly" thing? It's already bad enough lol.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
I didn't really bother to read through all of this, since most of the comments are just the same, so we barely have split opinions.

Swearing in party chat should not be allowed. It can be abused too quickly, one could invite another into a party and then swear at them, which may not sound very effective to you all, but remember that some people can easily be offended, young age or not, and we don't want this on here.

"But the party is with your friends only, it should be allowed!" No, you're still on the server that has several Chat Rules, and you can't just invite your true mutuals into a party. If you are so addicted to swearing with / to your friends, you can always use other ways of contacting, for example Skype, or Discord.

If you do happen to get muted by someone setting you up to swear in the party chat, I wouldn't be surprised. As mentioned, the party chat is still a chat on the server, and as long as it doesn't specifically say that "Chat Rules do not apply to the party chat", you can't assume that that is the case.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I didn't really bother to read through all of this, since most of the comments are just the same, so we barely have split opinions.

Swearing in party chat should not be allowed. It can be abused too quickly, one could invite another into a party and then swear at them, which may not sound very effective to you all, but remember that some people can easily be offended, young age or not, and we don't want this on here.

"But the party is with your friends only, it should be allowed!" No, you're still on the server that has several Chat Rules, and you can't just invite your true mutuals into a party. If you are so addicted to swearing with / to your friends, you can always use other ways of contacting, for example Skype, or Discord.

If you do happen to get muted by someone setting you up to swear in the party chat, I wouldn't be surprised. As mentioned, the party chat is still a chat on the server, and as long as it doesn't specifically say that "Chat Rules do not apply to the party chat", you can't assume that that is the case.
"It is still a rule so it's not allowed"
Thanks for bringing me my daily portion of facepalm.

Swearing in party chat doesn't harm anyone. If they do harm some special triggered helper wannabe in the party chat, that person better just leaves instead of reporting everyone in there just to get their number of reports up, because doing that harms a lot more than swearing in party chat where you probably know everybody.
You can't just say something is not allowed just because it is a rule. The rule has to make sense.

Come on, let's not go down the path of club penguin people.

7aMoDi

Novice Member
Jan 24, 2017
iraq
swearing is considered "joking with buddies" in party
you can say anything and put anything
links, sweating anything.

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
"It is still a rule so it's not allowed"
Thanks for bringing me my daily portion of facepalm.

Swearing in party chat doesn't harm anyone. If they do harm some special triggered helper wannabe in the party chat, that person better just leaves instead of reporting everyone in there just to get their number of reports up, because doing that harms a lot more than swearing in party chat where you probably know everybody.
You can't just say something is not allowed just because it is a rule. The rule has to make sense.

Come on, let's not go down the path of club penguin people.
As it seems you are not quite able to read an entire post, but instead only filter out what you can "facepalm" at.

I'll try to explain it once again. You can invite anyone into a party, and with a little bit of being nice anyone will accept. You can then proceed to swear at them, and thus harrass them. It may not sound very severe to you, once again, that's because you're not going to be insulted very easily, but we do have to take care of all the members of our community.

"You can't just say something is not allowed just because it is a rule" By joining the server on its personal IP, you additionally agree to all the rules they have marked, whether those rules make sense to you or not does not matter. They are rules set up by the respective staff of the server you are about to join, and you thus have to obey by those rules. If they mention that "Chat rules do not apply to the party chat" it is quite obvious that you can swear in the party chat, on the other hand if they DON'T say that, you're obligated to know that the party chat is also just another chat on that server, making it rather obvious that the rules still apply.

Reactions: Buuuddy

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I think it would make sense for reporting swearing in party chat to always require a warning in chat. If someone is not ok with being insulted or seing swear words in the chat, that should be respected. If you still want to swear, you'll have to leave the party and only play with people that are ok with that. But you can't generally assume that people are offended by swearing and I don't think it's necessary to completely forbid people to swear in party chats.
Best option would be to allow it until someone asks you to stop.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I'll try to explain it once again. You can invite anyone into a party, and with a little bit of being nice anyone will accept. You can then proceed to swear at them, and thus harrass them. It may not sound very severe to you, once again, that's because you're not going to be insulted very easily, but we do have to take care of all the members of our community.
hat person better just leaves instead of reporting everyone in there just to get their number of reports up, because doing that harms a lot more than swearing in party chat where you probably know everybody.
"You can't just say something is not allowed just because it is a rule" By joining the server on its personal IP, you additionally agree to all the rules they have marked, whether those rules make sense to you or not does not matter. They are rules set up by the respective staff of the server you are about to join, and you thus have to obey by those rules. If they mention that "Chat rules do not apply to the party chat" it is quite obvious that you can swear in the party chat, on the other hand if they DON'T say that, you're obligated to know that the party chat is also just another chat on that server, making it rather obvious that the rules still apply.
The rule has to make sense.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
All chat rules apply to every sort of chat on the whole network; global, team, direct, friend and party. Nowhere it states that different chats have different rules, so assuming otherwise is basically creating your own rules.

Whilst some of these chats may lack a filter, swearing in them can and will result in the according punishment. It makes no sense to allow swearing in restricted chats, such as direct or party chats, as these can always be started with random people, sometimes even without their permission.

Sevenade78

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
Germany
I have to say, this is getting annoying. You don't seem to be quite good at responding, as it seems you're completely ignoring my response and just quote your own, to which I have already responded. Some people don't take things such as insults as lightly, and even if they leave after seeing it, it still hurts them. Sometimes it's not just about you yourself, but about other people, and you have to put yourself into their situation.

The rule does have to make sense on the creator's behalf. The chat rules were created to keep the chat clean, so everybody can enjoy their time on the server as much as they want to. Additionally, just check Boooddy's response above for more explanation.

I'd like to ask for you to not quote me again, as I feel like that's all there is to be said about it, and there's no reason for it to become an argument on it's own.

Eremo

Jan 11, 2015
the Netherlands
In a party you are most of the time with friends, that consider it as a joke so I think it's okay that you can swear in parties.

Aug 1, 2017
Any Place That Has Wifi
Would you actually report your buddies tho? For joking around?
True fact: When wannabes are desperate for reports, they gonna report absolutely anything including their friends as well.
It doesn't affect anyone and only you/your party mates can see it. If you're really that sensitive then just tell your friends not to do it.

Does cubecraft really need to go that far with the "child friendly" thing? It's already bad enough lol.
idk

DreamFudge

Jun 1, 2017
Tel Aviv, Israel
www.cubecraft.net
Hello Cubecrafters.

I was with my friends in my party and I noticed that I could swear using multiple words that would be a mute
So why can you swear in party and in global no?

-Thanks for reading the thread
In a party you are officially in a private group. You are with your friends/party members. If the other members of the party have a problem with swearing of a player they can report them.

~ DreamFudge

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom