Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like earning a reward from reporting, on the website?

• YES

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • NO

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
Hello!

I think almost everyone reported somebody once. Reporting is for the most just a waste of time and I understand that completely. For me not, I like reporting people so the offenders will get punished and also helping the server with the reducing of offenders. I see a lot of people (if there's a hacker in the game) litterly crying about that there's a hacker.

Therefore I thinked about maybe a 'reward' for those who reported (only on the website and only handled (no unsuccesful reports)) someone who violate something (and not that you get a reward for 1 successful report, but like 10 reports). Then people want the reward and are going to report the offender. It will make the members keener to report and eventually help the server.

Examples of rewards you can earn from reporting are: Cubelets, points, experience.
By the way the rewards remain the same, so it won't upgrade, for example the first 10 handled reports are 50 exp the next 10 are 100, just keep on.

I think this is a good suggestion to help and make the server better and more enjoyable, because if this continues there will be probably less hackers on the server.

D

Deleted member 481668

I support your idea, there are more people who don't report than people who are reporting rulebreakers. I love the fact that we can get a gift from cubecraft for helping out. Supporting your idea for 100% because maybe more people are going to report then to clean the server and that is what is needed to stop some hackers. Yes, I agree for sure!

Reactions: Stineos

Passer

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
California
www.cubecraft.net
I do really like the reward system but the rewards need to be light because if the reward is a massive thing people will start spamming reports even before they get valid evidence just so they can get the rewards.

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
I do really like the reward system but the rewards need to be light because if the reward is a massive thing people will start spamming reports even before they get valid evidence just so they can get the rewards.
Yes, understand you. I was giving a bad example...:/

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
I really like this idea. This would motivate alot of players that don’t bother to report a hacker to report them. I don’t think I agree with getting XP as a reward though. XP should remain from winning games in my opinion. But it would be nice to possibly get x2 Super Cubelets for every ten reports, and then another 2 for the next 10 reports, and so on like that.
The only problems I can think of are:
- What if someone were to go on a different device with Minecraft on it, go into CubeCraft on the same server of the other device, and then record themself hacking with the other device? Obviously people could do that now, but why would they when there’s no reward? But if this were to be a thing, a lot of players could easily do this (on Bedrock Edition, because you don’t have to pay for multiple accounts).
- There may be alot of duplicate reports if the same players in the same match reporting the same hacker. This does happen now, but with everyone knowing that they would get a reward, there could be about 6 players reporting the same person. And they would all have to get a reward, because they all technically reported them, just without knowing someone else did.
But other than that, this would be a great thing to implement :).

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I don’t support ideas such as this one.
The reward you get from reporting is the satisfaction from helping the server and the appreciation messages staff members leave, even though they are automatic they mean a lot.
People should report because they feel like they can help the network by doing it, not just for some rewards.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Hello!

I think almost everyone reported somebody once. Reporting is for the most just a waste of time and I understand that completely. For me not, I like reporting people so the offenders will get punished and also helping the server with the reducing of offenders. I see a lot of people (if there's a hacker in the game) litterly crying about that there's a hacker.

Therefore I thinked about maybe a 'reward' for those who reported (only on the website and only handled (no unsuccesful reports)) someone who violate something (and not that you get a reward for 1 successful report, but like 10 reports). Then people want the reward and are going to report the offender. It will make the members keener to report and eventually help the server.

Examples of rewards you can earn from reporting are: Cubelets, points, experience.
By the way the rewards remain the same, so it won't upgrade, for example the first 10 handled reports are 50 exp the next 10 are 100, just keep on.

I think this is a good suggestion to help and make the server better and more enjoyable, because if this continues there will be probably less hackers on the server.
Yes this would encourage people to invest their time in reports. Reporting is honestly the biggest waste of time for there is for a player, unless you somehow enjoy doing it. Saying that helping the server is the reward sounds very dumb to me, most players don't care that much about the server to be constantly filing reports. If they have an insentive to do so, they earn something, and the server in general will eventually see less cheaters around. To avoid any misuse of the rewards I would suggest creating a point system for rewards, and there's a daily limit. This will stop players from farming rewards with alts and whatnot.

(edit: helper requirements don't ask for a set amount of reports anymore. So it doesn't really interfere with the "sense of service" or whatever it could be interpreted as)

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The reward of reporting is a job well done, you shouldn't need something to encourage you to do the right thing, you should know and do the right thing already. The long term "reward" is making the server a better place and counts towards possibly becoming helper, but that's a small portion of that area, not important. Honestly, if this is added, I wouldn't mind, but I will still vote no. -1

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
Hi there,
I really like this idea. This would motivate alot of players that don’t bother to report a hacker to report them. I don’t think I agree with getting XP as a reward though. XP should remain from winning games in my opinion. But it would be nice to possibly get x2 Super Cubelets for every ten reports, and then another 2 for the next 10 reports, and so on like that.
The only problems I can think of are:
- What if someone were to go on a different device with Minecraft on it, go into CubeCraft on the same server of the other device, and then record themself hacking with the other device? Obviously people could do that now, but why would they when there’s no reward? But if this were to be a thing, a lot of players could easily do this (on Bedrock Edition, because you don’t have to pay for multiple accounts).
- There may be alot of duplicate reports if the same players in the same match reporting the same hacker. This does happen now, but with everyone knowing that they would get a reward, there could be about 6 players reporting the same person. And they would all have to get a reward, because they all technically reported them, just without knowing someone else did.
But other than that, this would be a great thing to implement :).
- i feel so bad, i actually dont know what a solution will be about this.
-there always will one handled report, that's the same as now. The other reports will be clised anyway.

I don’t support ideas such as this one.
The reward you get from reporting is the satisfaction from helping the server and the appreciation messages staff members leave, even though they are automatic they mean a lot.
People should report because they feel like they can help the network by doing it, not just for some rewards.
"Just for some rewards"

I think there are enough people that loves earning rewards. You must don't think everyone's going to report, but i think more people will report than earlier. You will get something extra from it, so you will get motivated to keep reporting

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 481668

"Just for some rewards"

I think there are enough people that love earning rewards. You must don't think everyone's going to report, but I think more people will report than earlier. You will get something extra from it, so you will get motivated to keep reporting
I am always motivated to report players who are hacking without earning rewards as well. But what I said earlier, I think more players of this amazing community will report them because you get rewards. You also are active to play games with a nice expression to record players and report them on the site, that will clean the server. You are absolutely right!

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
Yes this would encourage people to invest their time in reports. Reporting is honestly the biggest waste of time for there is for a player, unless you somehow enjoy doing it. Saying that helping the server is the reward sounds very dumb to me, most players don't care that much about the server to be constantly filing reports. If they have an insentive to do so, they earn something, and the server in general will eventually see less cheaters around. To avoid any misuse of the rewards I would suggest creating a point system for rewards, and there's a daily limit. This will stop players from farming rewards with alts and whatnot.

(edit: helper requirements don't ask for a set amount of reports anymore. So it doesn't really interfere with the "sense of service" or whatever it could be interpreted as)
Yes, completely right. I'm just giving a suggestion without the small dots. We can think about that if it continues in the future...

The reward of reporting is a job well done, you shouldn't need something to encourage you to do the right thing, you should know and do the right thing already. The long term "reward" is making the server a better place and counts towards possibly becoming helper, but that's a small portion of that area, not important. Honestly, if this is added, I wouldn't mind, but I will still vote no. -1
I actually think more people are going to report, because of the rewards..

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Honestly the argument "pLaYeRs ShOulD Do tHe rIgHt ThiNg aNd tHE ReWaRd Is SaTisFaCtIon tHaT yOu HaVe HelPeD ThE SeRVeR" is such an awful one.

1) Staff get gift card rewards for solving reports. I don't see why players can't get some sort of mini ingame reward for creating reports? Besides, it takes a lot more time and resources creating reports than it does solving them. Moderators also get a lot of in-game rewards for doing staff services.

2) It isn't the players' job to report. There should 100% be some sort of incentive to report hackers. Uploading to youtube and screen recording is a lot of effort which should be recognised and rewarded.

Reactions: Stineos and Eli

HiggDawg

Jun 1, 2016
I voted for the no, the reason I voted no is that you shouldn't seek a reward for something that is simply voluntary. How about this your reward, if successful, is to never see the rule breaker again and therefore it will no longer bother you nor others. I personally think that's enough. You would help your mom unload the car full of groceries and extend your hand for a reward, you simply due it out of the kindness of your heart.

RobinDn

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2017
Hello!

First off all I support your idea!
Like you said I love it to report a hacker.
It is alot of if you play with your friends and they can talk about what they reported.

What for rewards they should give is like expierence well cool but you don't have on it.

Maybe if you hit a surt off amount of reports.

Like every 100 reports a super cubelet.
And then at the 1000 reports something like a uber Cubelet.

I hope they use your idea!

Reactions: Stineos

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Honestly the argument "pLaYeRs ShOulD Do tHe rIgHt ThiNg aNd tHE ReWaRd Is SaTisFaCtIon tHaT yOu HaVe HelPeD ThE SeRVeR" is such an awful one.

1) Staff get gift card rewards for solving reports. I don't see why players can't get some sort of mini ingame reward for creating reports? Besides, it takes a lot more time and resources creating reports than it does solving them. Moderators also get a lot of in-game rewards for doing staff services.

2) It isn't the players' job to report. There should 100% be some sort of incentive to report hackers. Uploading to youtube and screen recording is a lot of effort which should be recognised and rewarded.
How the argument ,,I’m doing it, because I just want to help” is awful?
The whole point of reporting rulebreakers is to support the network and to make it easier to play on right?
You basically deny the fact one cheater less is better than one cheater more?
As well it’s not soo hard to record one clip, upload it on yt and submit it on the website, it’s just a min of work.

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
I voted for the no, the reason I voted no is that you shouldn't seek a reward for something that is simply voluntary. How about this your reward, if successful, is to never see the rule breaker again and therefore it will no longer bother you nor others. I personally think that's enough. You would help your mom unload the car full of groceries and extend your hand for a reward, you simply due it out of the kindness of your heart.
It can be enough for you, but i think that for some people it isn't enough to go report and just leave the game while you didn't reported the rulebreaker. Therefore the rewards you can earn of reporting. So that it will be the extra draw to report and eventually help the server with the reducing of offenders.

How the argument ,,I’m doing it, because I just want to help” is awful?
The whole point of reporting rulebreakers is to support the network and to make it easier to play on right?
You basically deny the fact one cheater less is better than one cheater more?
As well it’s not soo hard to record one clip, upload it on yt and submit it on the website, it’s just a min of work.
For some people it is that hard to report. Therefore the rewards, so that the people will go on the site and report the offender. Eventually there are more players that will go report on the site than earlier. Thenvthe reducing of the offenders will go faster, because of the rewards.

EasyStoeptegel

Mar 20, 2020
Rotterdam
Hello!

I like your idea and you think that will help cubecraft to ban all the hacker but it will also equal a lot of false reports and to check al those false reports will cost a lot of time so I think it won’t work.

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
Hi, I really like the idea. But I think it will get hard for staff team... What I mean is staff team have others things to do already like translation stuff or help desk... You know what I mean? And beside that they need to check reports and plus that they will have to give people rewards in my opinion (it would get hard). But I do like the idea though.

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I understand the way you think, players might make more reports because they get rewards. But I don't think it will be a big difference. For rankers it is really easy to report (/report), but most stone ranks don't report because ''it takes too long to make a report''. I don't think they will report more players because of rewards. And reporting someone is something I like to do, just because I want to help the server. I don't need rewards for it. So for me... It is not needed and I don't think it will make a big difference and therefore I give your suggestion a -1. Sorry.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

WorriedSkate940 wrote on Basketman's profile.
Happy birthday!!
i had airpods on and the song was too good i didnt hear the employee yelling at me
Thank you all for these amazing birthday wishes!

They mean a lot to me! ❤️

I wish you all, already a great weekend!
Felt silly so I made a chibi character

1715280054424.png
Top Bottom