Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
Yes, I know, you added the new report system, but please, read this:

The new reporting system is pretty cool, truth be told. But there is a little issue with it: it interacts a lot with players.
What do I mean with that? Maybe you (the staff) think there are a lot of daily reports in the website, but I don't think that.
Because there's still a lot of hackers. Why is the new reports systems the best way to do it? Because well, imagine you just joined a server with 10 thousand people online, and then you see a hacker, the first thing you see is "Unknown command, type /help in chat." They'll mostly leave or keep playing, but they won't report them because they saw it's not working, and as they're new players, they won't go to the forums and look for help, because they might have better things to do, such as joining another big server with less cheaters.
With this I'm not saying that Cube is full of cheaters, but there's a good amount of them, and we can solve this if you try this:

1. Keep using the new report system.
2. Make something that says to a player that types /report something like this: "Go to reports.cubecraft.net to report a player, you can still use [command] to do it in-game, but it won't be as important.
3. That [command] can be "/reportplayer" or "/reportingame" or whatever you like.

So when a player uses that [command], nothing will be notified to the staff until three to five reports are actually sent, and the amount of reports that someone haves resets every 48h. This way, the staff won't be spammed with reports and false reports, and you will ban a lot more players than you do with the new system.

I honestly think this is the best way to do it, and I sent a report of a blatant hacker yesterday and it's still open and pending of ban, with this I'm not saying that it's not efficient, but with my suggestion it'd be faster, because at this point the hacker already did a lot of damage to the server, the community and the players' stats.

Thanks for reading.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
I don't see how this way would be any faster. I like the idea itself, although I am fine with the current setup. But what you are suggesting would make it go by any faster, in fact more likely than not it would take longer. The report you filed hasn't been dealt with because they have so many reports. This will just add to the number that they have. Plus I'm sure that this would still result in quite a lot of salty people playing together in a group making false ban.

Say one person in a group gets killed by a good play, because it is so easy to just type /report they would do that. If they are with a group of people than his/her friends might also type /report. (Or they could just go around doing it for fun.) all of a sudden you have a lot of "reports" that the staff need to go look at. Because they just have their name and no video they can just look at they have to go hunt down the player, see if they are hacking, and than if it turns out the report was fake they would have wasted that time more likely than not wasting easily three times the time the normal video/screenshot report takes. (plus hackers are often not solitary people, it wouldn't be to unreasonable for them to just go around /reporting everyone with thier group of cheaters and cause even more chaos even easier.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
1) a /report command doesn't provide any evidence
2) this used to be a thing
3) this right about the infinitieth thread about this
4) no
Not really an opinion since you said things that we already knew.
Also, even if it doesn't give any evidence, if a hacker is blatantly hacking, it means that they don't care about the server, so they won't stop cheating, resulting in him still cheating when staff tp's to him.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
I have heard of it before but the website reports.cubecraft.net showing after typing /report is a pretty good idea! But it is maybe better that the staff members spend their time on banning people on the website and not in the server.
But what about both? Banning people on the website is pretty easy, I'm sure most of the reports are blatant hackers, so it takes a few minutes, but also adding /report command in-game with my new "system" that I suggested (had the idea long time ago), we could actually get more bans as for people is easier to "/report"

So when a player uses that [command], nothing will be notified to the staff until three to five reports are actually sent, and the amount of reports that someone haves resets every 48h. This way, the staff won't be spammed with reports and false reports, and you will ban a lot more players than you do with the new system.

And this ^ is how we would solve the false reporting! Even if indeed some false reports would actually be notified to the staff, it'd not be that much, plus I'm pretty sure that there are some false reports on the website as well, because just like some of you said, some people is very unexperienced with Minecraft PvP and can't identify an illegal modification.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
I'm sure people will still abuse the command anyways.
Once again we would avoid that with this:

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida

So whats to stop groups of 5 friends from reporting e everyone who kills them?

Reactions: Simbaaa

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
You really like to exaggerate.

If a player comes on a sever and sees a hacker, you can't jump to a conclusion and say that they will most likely leave. You said there are quite a lot of hackers on the server, so I'm sure a new player has run into a hacker their first time on the server. If all of these new players that saw a hacker on their first time on the server, CubeCraft would be dead. But it isn't.

Not really an opinion since you said things that we already knew.
Also, even if it doesn't give any evidence, if a hacker is blatantly hacking, it means that they don't care about the server, so they won't stop cheating, resulting in him still cheating when staff tp's to him.
The staff aren't going to teleport to the player and watch them. Why? Because majority of the time a staff member is on, they are busy doing things. A staff member isn't gonna come on the server to sit around and wait for a player report to come in. It's just not going to happen. And the way you keep explaining it in various threads, you make it seem like that's all the staff do, is work with player reports. They do other things too, so you can't expect staff to teleport to a player. Also, I don't even know if it is possible for a staff member to teleport into a game server such as skywars or eggwars and go into /v to watch the player anyways.

BlueQuakeAdmin_

Apr 17, 2016
Earth
This is a nice idea, but some people especially the "not very good players" would think a guy hacks when that person is actually playing legit, just a lot better than the other player. So few people might report that player.

Also, a group of friends might report a person (maybe to just troll staff or is not very good at the game). So that might also cause some trouble

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
It's all about false reports, it's really easy to get 5 friends typing /report so yes, this could still be abused.
he command /report was removed as it was being abused by players. Some players used to use the command /report in an inefficient way. Some moderators were wasting their time with fake reports. For those reasons, the command /report was removed.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
As has been said on the hundreds of suggestions before this, /report was a thing. It was then removed because the server simply got too big to accommodate such a command. Issues entailed false reports, wasting staff time, abuse of command, overwhelmed staff members and server crashes due to overuse of the command. It causes problems. Just use the website.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
We had a /report command but it has been removed, because it was being heavily abused. Players were submitting fake reports and Staff Members were wasting their time on fake reports. For these, and some more, reasons,the /report command won't come back.

What maybe a good suggestion is, is if a player does /report, that there will be something like this in the chat.

Ohno, you shouldn't be reporting rule breakers here. Grab the correct evidence (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/player-reporting-guidelines-and-formating.136047/) and report the rule breaker here > https://reports.cubecraft.net. If you require an account for the report site, please read this thread > https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-use-the-new-report-system.175577/. Good luck =)

The colour of that text ^^ should be the same colour as the text you get when you type /rules in the Minecraft chat of CubeCraft.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
We had a /report command but it has been removed, because it was being heavily abused. Players were submitting fake reports and Staff Members were wasting their time on fake reports. For these, and some more, reasons,the /report command won't come back.

What maybe a good suggestion is, is if a player does /report, that there will be something like this in the chat.

Ohno, you shouldn't be reporting rule breakers here. Grab the correct evidence (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/player-reporting-guidelines-and-formating.136047/) and report the rule breaker here > https://reports.cubecraft.net. If you require an account for the report site, please read this thread > https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-use-the-new-report-system.175577/. Good luck =)

The colour of that text ^^ should be the same colour as the text you get when you type /rules in the Minecraft chat of CubeCraft.
As has been said on the hundreds of suggestions before this, /report was a thing. It was then removed because the server simply got too big to accommodate such a command. Issues entailed false reports, wasting staff time, abuse of command, overwhelmed staff members and server crashes due to overuse of the command. It causes problems. Just use the website.
It's all about false reports, it's really easy to get 5 friends typing /report so yes, this could still be abused.
he command /report was removed as it was being abused by players. Some players used to use the command /report in an inefficient way. Some moderators were wasting their time with fake reports. For those reasons, the command /report was removed.
You really like to exaggerate.

If a player comes on a sever and sees a hacker, you can't jump to a conclusion and say that they will most likely leave. You said there are quite a lot of hackers on the server, so I'm sure a new player has run into a hacker their first time on the server. If all of these new players that saw a hacker on their first time on the server, CubeCraft would be dead. But it isn't.

The staff aren't going to teleport to the player and watch them. Why? Because majority of the time a staff member is on, they are busy doing things. A staff member isn't gonna come on the server to sit around and wait for a player report to come in. It's just not going to happen. And the way you keep explaining it in various threads, you make it seem like that's all the staff do, is work with player reports. They do other things too, so you can't expect staff to teleport to a player. Also, I don't even know if it is possible for a staff member to teleport into a game server such as skywars or eggwars and go into /v to watch the player anyways.
I'm sure people will still abuse the command anyways.
I don't see how this way would be any faster. I like the idea itself, although I am fine with the current setup. But what you are suggesting would make it go by any faster, in fact more likely than not it would take longer. The report you filed hasn't been dealt with because they have so many reports. This will just add to the number that they have. Plus I'm sure that this would still result in quite a lot of salty people playing together in a group making false ban.

Say one person in a group gets killed by a good play, because it is so easy to just type /report they would do that. If they are with a group of people than his/her friends might also type /report. (Or they could just go around doing it for fun.) all of a sudden you have a lot of "reports" that the staff need to go look at. Because they just have their name and no video they can just look at they have to go hunt down the player, see if they are hacking, and than if it turns out the report was fake they would have wasted that time more likely than not wasting easily three times the time the normal video/screenshot report takes. (plus hackers are often not solitary people, it wouldn't be to unreasonable for them to just go around /reporting everyone with thier group of cheaters and cause even more chaos even easier.
AHEM

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I still like this idea better:
What could work better as a /report command though, is this concept:
There is a list, and the more /reports's you have received, the higher you are on the list. Staff members can view the list and visit the player in-game and check if the player is hacking or not, and then either ban the player or remove the player from the list.
Could work in theory, but has to be worked out pretty well in order to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom