Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
You really like to exaggerate.

If a player comes on a sever and sees a hacker, you can't jump to a conclusion and say that they will most likely leave. You said there are quite a lot of hackers on the server, so I'm sure a new player has run into a hacker their first time on the server. If all of these new players that saw a hacker on their first time on the server, CubeCraft would be dead. But it isn't.

The staff aren't going to teleport to the player and watch them. Why? Because majority of the time a staff member is on, they are busy doing things. A staff member isn't gonna come on the server to sit around and wait for a player report to come in. It's just not going to happen. And the way you keep explaining it in various threads, you make it seem like that's all the staff do, is work with player reports. They do other things too, so you can't expect staff to teleport to a player. Also, I don't even know if it is possible for a staff member to teleport into a game server such as skywars or eggwars and go into /v to watch the player anyways.
Okay, so where is the staff main task, then? Staff tasks are punishing rule breakers and helping the players, basically, so, they won't lose time tp'ing to players as it's their job on the server: to ban rule breakers.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
This is a nice idea, but some people especially the "not very good players" would think a guy hacks when that person is actually playing legit, just a lot better than the other player. So few people might report that player.

Also, a group of friends might report a person (maybe to just troll staff or is not very good at the game). So that might also cause some trouble
Yeah, sadly this can actually happen, but, once again, this is rarely going to happen, plus will happen on the website as well, so still, the suggestion isn't worse than what we actually have, just that would be nice combining both of the report systems.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
It's all about false reports, it's really easy to get 5 friends typing /report so yes, this could still be abused.
he command /report was removed as it was being abused by players. Some players used to use the command /report in an inefficient way. Some moderators were wasting their time with fake reports. For those reasons, the command /report was removed.
I know, but the /report command would have a cooldown, + once again, very uncommon thing to happen that some friends agree to do it at the same time.

zHeavy

Nov 2, 2016
Belgium
It's all about false reports, people abusing the command.
I have no problem with the new report system. :confused1:

Reactions: Wetaa
D

Deleted member 169486

At the time of writing this, there are 9,000 people on cubecraft. Currently, the server has about 26 staff members. Considering these people have lives, about 13 are on at any time. That means that there are about 692 people for every staff member. If even half the people playing make a report it would take hours for staff to go to every game and watch the player and make sure they have solid evidence.

Reactions: Simbaaa

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Okay, so where is the staff main task, then? Staff tasks are punishing rule breakers and helping the players, basically, so, they won't lose time tp'ing to players as it's their job on the server: to ban rule breakers.

I don't like this argument. Staff members are aware that this is their job. And something they hoped to do when they applied. But moderators should be facilitators, not janitors or police. It's up to the community to make things easier and more efficient here.

Yeah, sadly this can actually happen, but, once again, this is rarely going to happen, plus will happen on the website as well, so still, the suggestion isn't worse than what we actually have, just that would be nice combining both of the report systems.

I highly doubt a group of friends would all record the same person in hopes to get him banned. This command, will, do exactly that.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
2. Make something that says to a player that types /report something like this: "Go to reports.cubecraft.net to report a player, you can still use [command] to do it in-game, but it won't be as important.
Really?
I Totally Didn't suggest this the day before you made this thread
So this suggestion already has some more people who agree with it

I don't understand the 3rd part though

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
As @jollow250 said, their thread about having a /report command with the link to the reports website would be useful in my opinion!

Any form of a /report command which directly notifies staff will be abused and is a very disorganized way with dealing with reports. Our new reports website works very well and I think we should keep it that way :P

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
I don't like this argument. Staff members are aware that this is their job. And something they hoped to do when they applied. But moderators should be facilitators, not janitors or police. It's up to the community to make things easier and more efficient here.

I highly doubt a group of friends would all record the same person in hopes to get him banned. This command, will, do exactly that.
Yes, but sadly, the moderators are also here to punish the rule breakers, because moderator does NOT mean facilitator, someone that moderates is someone that is always checking chat/forums/discord for questions, helping people and punishing rule breakers, if you don't understand that, then, there's no point on keep talking about this.
And yes, a group of friends can actually abuse the command, but still there will also be as many false reports on the website as in-game, or maybe even more on the website, why? Because on the website you can only report them once and its sent to the staff, but with my report system (that other people suggested before but in slightly different changes) that won't happen that much thanks to my system.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
Really?
I Totally Didn't suggest this the day before you made this thread
So this suggestion already has some more people who agree with it

I don't understand the 3rd part though
I'm sorry if you suggested that before, although, I said there was other people that had this idea before.
The third part is only saying that the "in-game command" I'm talking about could be "/reportplayer" or "/reportingame", just an example.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
As @jollow250 said, their thread about having a /report command with the link to the reports website would be useful in my opinion!

Any form of a /report command which directly notifies staff will be abused and is a very disorganized way with dealing with reports. Our new reports website works very well and I think we should keep it that way :p
Yes but I'm talking about combining both, and with this:

"So when a player uses that [command], nothing will be notified to the staff until three to five reports are actually sent, and the amount of reports that someone haves resets every 48h. This way, the staff won't be spammed with reports and false reports, and you will ban a lot more players than you do with the new system."

We would avoid most of the false reports.

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
No I am saying everyone who agreed with that 1 should also be counted to agree with this 1
and I still don't get what those commands are supposed to do
Oh ok.
Well as you can see we're talking about in-game report command, right?
So those commands are an idea to report people in-game, because writing just /report would send a message with the new reports website.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
Yes but I'm talking about combining both, and with this:

"So when a player uses that [command], nothing will be notified to the staff until three to five reports are actually sent, and the amount of reports that someone haves resets every 48h. This way, the staff won't be spammed with reports and false reports, and you will ban a lot more players than you do with the new system."

We would avoid most of the false reports.

I see where you're coming from, but the thing is none of the /report commands will provide evidence which is what we need in order to punish the players. It's also possible that only one or two players see the player that is breaking the rules and the report will never get to staff. We wouldn't want players continuously breaking the rules :P

Wetaa

Dec 5, 2015
Spain
www.youtube.com
I see where you're coming from, but the thing is none of the /report commands will provide evidence which is what we need in order to punish the players. It's also possible that only one or two players see the player that is breaking the rules and the report will never get to staff. We wouldn't want players continuously breaking the rules :p

Read this :p :
Not really an opinion since you said things that we already knew.
Also, even if it doesn't give any evidence, if a hacker is blatantly hacking, it means that they don't care about the server, so they won't stop cheating, resulting in him still cheating when staff tp's to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom