• YES!

• NO!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
And you lose the ability to strafe. I play 1.9 a lot, and from my experience, doing it will likely not benefit you in any way.

Exactly. And there's the fact that you still get pushed back a little bit, so if you're fighting near a sudden drop you can still get knocked off.

You and I both know that 300 ms is an important difference in pvp.

So true.

IMO That's exactly why 1.9 is better. Timing your hits requires more skill than clicking as fast as possible.

They will probably respond with an argument against that, so here's some more support. It's not that it requires more skill, it's that it requires a different, more refined kind of skill. Yes, you may have practised and perfected your click speed, but that is a lot different than actual combat tactics and strategy. I prefer the later, mainly because it does not revolve around one and only one "skill".

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Exactly. And there's the fact that you still get pushed back a little bit, so if you're fighting near a sudden drop you can still get knocked off.

So true.

They will probably respond with an argument against that, so here's some more support. It's not that it requires more skill, it's that it requires a different, more refined kind of skill. Yes, you may have practised and perfected your click speed, but that is a lot different than actual combat tactics and strategy. I prefer the later, mainly because it does not revolve around one and only one "skill".
I wouldn't have a problem with a 1.9ers if they didn't use this as a argument. Almost all 1.9ers just say that 1.8 is just about who can click faster. What about aim, strafing, comboing, latency, straight lining, block hitting and others?

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I wouldn't have a problem with a 1.9ers if they didn't use this as a argument. Almost all 1.9ers just say that 1.8 is just about who can click faster. What about aim, strafing, comboing, latency, straight lining, block hitting and others?

Edit: I forgot to mention: Those are some nice, valid points. Those skills are important in 1.8 PvP and I acknowledge that, but... (Also, I agree, way too many people just say it's all about click speed without actually elaborating on that idea. 1.8 PvP is more than click speed, but it is still a major factor.

Because click speed is the basic component. It's what it really comes down to for the majority of us who play non-competitively. Most people don't do or don't know how to do those things (to be honest, I only learned those terms when I decided I wanted to get better at PvP and did some research to find tips and hints) and they don't matter to them.

There's also the fact that 1.9 only makes it so you can't spam with your weapon. It doesn't make strafing or impractical.

Also, I don't think that 1.9 requires more skill than 1.8, I think it requires a different kind of skill. Why people complain so much about having to change a few small things about their battle strategy I don't know. It makes no sense. It's such a small difference, only limiting how fast you can attack, that if you were good at PvP before, there's no reason that you shouldn't be good at it now. It just requires a little bit more restraint. It's also easily learned with practice, so if you aren't good at it for some reason you can get good at it just fine.

Also, you say that 1.8 PvP is not all about click speed, but the one thing you never addressed is this: If you want to attack fast you still need a high click speed. Yes, you can strafe, yes you can block-hit, yes, you can use all those other strategies, but the important thing is that you actually hit your enemy, and doing so as fast as possible is the goal. Your argument doesn't excuse the fact that you still have to attack fast to do damage. If you have a bad mouse, that will seriously delay your attack speed and cause you to lose most fights. Some of it does come down to your gaming equipment after all, and 1.9 helps to make it easier for those with a lower-quality setup.

Also, the main thing 1.8ers complain about is the recharge time on weapons. If those strategies were all that mattered than attack speed wouldn't be your main complaint. To me, it seems as if all those other reasons are ways for people to distract from the fact that they really care about being able to spam hit. If click speed didn't matter, all these people who complain about it would be fine with it. Give me a valid reason why attack speed makes it harder for you to do all these strategies and why it makes PvP harder as a whole, and you might convince me. Just because you can't click as fast as possible to deal excessive damage anymore shouldn't hinder your skill. If you're really good at the game (and I'm assuming you are), then it shouldn't make a difference. Just because fights take a little longer shouldn't make you worse at the game. You still have the experience and skill, all you have to do is adapt. It's not a big deal.

So please, tell me what makes your strategies and skills useless in 1.9. Tell me why you can't change your strategy to fit the new style. I get that you might have spent years perfecting your click speed, and if you did, mention that. Admitting that click speed is a major part of 1.8 won't harm your argument. So what makes 1.8 PvP better than 1.9? Give me your honest opinion. Don't word it as an argument. Write it as facts. Tell me some non-disputable information that isn't an opinion. Because for the most part, the only things we've been using as arguments is our opinions. Both versions require skill, both have their ups and downs and click speed matters more in 1.8. It's not the only thing you need, but slow clicking is more acceptable in 1.9. Those are some facts.

Also, sorry if anything I said came off as offensive. It's hard to tell when reading text, so I understand. I don't mean to sound rude, and I'd prefer to keep this civil. So far things have been, but when I post longer posts that directly challenge people's opinions, some tend to get a little rude. So yeah, none of this was meant to sound rude, some could be interpreted that way so I felt that I had to put a little disclaimer here due to how people are on the internet these days.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Ok here we go non opinion list of reasons why 1.8 is better (please call me out if something is opinion)
More "skill based" ok before you stop reading what I mean is the comeback combos happen more, the odds of a leather person killing a diamond in 1.9 is ridiculous (no void type things) you would have to spend a lot longer being op strafe God compared to in 1.8 you can get a godly straight line and win the game.

For most games I will be referring Uhc as the core mini game for a few reasons
Healing systems don't differ
No void
Most importantly ITS RAW MINECRAFT PVP
For any idiots that don't know what it is... (Ffa in a survival world no natural regen and shrinking borders. There are also different team modes sometimes)

In 1.9 you deal less dps (ITS A FACT OK) weapons have cool downs and sharp is nerfed. Not saying that it's a bad thing, long PVP can be fun. However, bows, lava buckets, flint and steal (fns) and poison/harming potions have been buffed. (There are shields but they slow you down and can be countered by axes.) This can be seen as a good thing, however bows spam is more of an issue (not void related). Bow spam isn't the most entertaining PVP style.

Fire and rod. Rods are a very skillful part of 1.8 PVP. You can use them to knock people back when running, you can use them to gain a reach advantage, and best of all to get a double hit. (So when people get hit by a player they turn red, however if someone is hit by a rod they also turn red however hitting someone in that time does do damage, but it doesn't reset the person's cool down making it so you can hit them again very fast same with fire ticks, they even make them take less kb making it so u can crit them out better) so what did Mojang do to the rod? Made it 100% useless. Would've been so cool to have rod in offhand and sword in other.

Punishing players for using items besides sword/axe. If you want to use a lava bucket then you have to wait 0.625 seconds for your sword to charge back up after using it, with a stone axe that is 1.25 seconds. This adds to the point that 1.9 is more slow paced.

The healing system. In the kit iron warrior on duels eating a steak can easily mean the difference of winning and losing, it heals 4+ hearts, want to know how much a gapple in 1.8 does? 4, 2 from regen 2 absorption. Real balanced. Food is too op in 1.9, you can literally chug gaps while being critted out and survive.

Longer fights means more probability to be cleaned. Simple as that.

Those are a few reasons why 1.8 is better.
So the whole time attacks vs spam click thing, in skywars when you and someone are in a "cave" 1.9 is boring, it seems to be 100% gear/gap based. in 1.8 there are 2 things you can do to give you a higher win chance, block hitting makes you have 2 times the health (practically) and spacebar spamming makes you do 1.5x the damage.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Punishing players for using items besides sword/axe
However, bows, lava buckets, flint and steal (fns) and poison/harming potions have been buffed.
I see a contradiction? Might also be wrongly interpreted.
The healing system.
I think it's better because you can heal faster after a fight instead of having to hide for 2 minutes to regen all the way back up again from normal food. Makes pvp on a larger scale more fast-paced.
Food is too op in 1.9, you can literally chug gaps while being critted out and survive
That's why loot has to be adapted to make gapples less rare, for instance I fully agree that in eggwars, gapples for only 2 gold are way too OP. So yeah, I agree, gapples are unbalanced, but it can be fixed by just fixing the loot tables of chests/price of the item.
Longer fights means more probability to be cleaned. Simple as that.
With being cleaned I mean person A killing person B, then person C coming along and killing person A because he has to regen. In 1.9 this happens a lot faster yada yada yada explained above.

Indeed, when fights take longer it's more likely for someone to join in, but I don't define that as "cleaning".

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
"however bows spam is more of an issue (not void related). Bow spam isn't the most entertaining PVP style."
Shields block 100% of arrow damage.

"so what did Mojang do to the rod? Made it 100% useless. Would've been so cool to have rod in offhand and sword in other."
Mojang didn't do anything to the rod, rods have always been a plugin/spigot feature. Check the official Mojang changelogs of 1.8.9 -> 1.9 and there's nothing to do with the rod in terms of pvp/pve.

"The healing system. In the kit iron warrior on duels eating a steak can easily mean the difference of winning and losing, it heals 4+ hearts, want to know how much a gapple in 1.8 does? 4, 2 from regen 2 absorption. Real balanced. Food is too op in 1.9, you can literally chug gaps while being critted out and survive."
You heal that much because of saturation. In UHC (which is what you're referring to), there is no natural regeneration, so golden apples heal 4 hearts in both 1.8 and 1.9.

"Longer fights means more probability to be cleaned. Simple as that."
?????? Shorter fights mean that you can get cleaned up faster. If you fight someone and are left on like 3 hearts, someone can just come behind you and clean you by spamclicking in about 2 seconds in 1.8, don't make stuff up LOL

Reactions: CommunistCactus

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Edit: I forgot to mention: Those are some nice, valid points. Those skills are important in 1.8 PvP and I acknowledge that, but... (Also, I agree, way too many people just say it's all about click speed without actually elaborating on that idea. 1.8 PvP is more than click speed, but it is still a major factor.

Because click speed is the basic component. It's what it really comes down to for the majority of us who play non-competitively. Most people don't do or don't know how to do those things (to be honest, I only learned those terms when I decided I wanted to get better at PvP and did some research to find tips and hints) and they don't matter to them.

There's also the fact that 1.9 only makes it so you can't spam with your weapon. It doesn't make strafing or impractical.

Also, I don't think that 1.9 requires more skill than 1.8, I think it requires a different kind of skill. Why people complain so much about having to change a few small things about their battle strategy I don't know. It makes no sense. It's such a small difference, only limiting how fast you can attack, that if you were good at PvP before, there's no reason that you shouldn't be good at it now. It just requires a little bit more restraint. It's also easily learned with practice, so if you aren't good at it for some reason you can get good at it just fine.

Also, you say that 1.8 PvP is not all about click speed, but the one thing you never addressed is this: If you want to attack fast you still need a high click speed. Yes, you can strafe, yes you can block-hit, yes, you can use all those other strategies, but the important thing is that you actually hit your enemy, and doing so as fast as possible is the goal. Your argument doesn't excuse the fact that you still have to attack fast to do damage. If you have a bad mouse, that will seriously delay your attack speed and cause you to lose most fights. Some of it does come down to your gaming equipment after all, and 1.9 helps to make it easier for those with a lower-quality setup.

Also, the main thing 1.8ers complain about is the recharge time on weapons. If those strategies were all that mattered than attack speed wouldn't be your main complaint. To me, it seems as if all those other reasons are ways for people to distract from the fact that they really care about being able to spam hit. If click speed didn't matter, all these people who complain about it would be fine with it. Give me a valid reason why attack speed makes it harder for you to do all these strategies and why it makes PvP harder as a whole, and you might convince me. Just because you can't click as fast as possible to deal excessive damage anymore shouldn't hinder your skill. If you're really good at the game (and I'm assuming you are), then it shouldn't make a difference. Just because fights take a little longer shouldn't make you worse at the game. You still have the experience and skill, all you have to do is adapt. It's not a big deal.

So please, tell me what makes your strategies and skills useless in 1.9. Tell me why you can't change your strategy to fit the new style. I get that you might have spent years perfecting your click speed, and if you did, mention that. Admitting that click speed is a major part of 1.8 won't harm your argument. So what makes 1.8 PvP better than 1.9? Give me your honest opinion. Don't word it as an argument. Write it as facts. Tell me some non-disputable information that isn't an opinion. Because for the most part, the only things we've been using as arguments is our opinions. Both versions require skill, both have their ups and downs and click speed matters more in 1.8. It's not the only thing you need, but slow clicking is more acceptable in 1.9. Those are some facts.

Also, sorry if anything I said came off as offensive. It's hard to tell when reading text, so I understand. I don't mean to sound rude, and I'd prefer to keep this civil. So far things have been, but when I post longer posts that directly challenge people's opinions, some tend to get a little rude. So yeah, none of this was meant to sound rude, some could be interpreted that way so I felt that I had to put a little disclaimer here due to how people are on the internet these days.
Depends on ping. The cps is capped at about 3 cps with less then 10 ping (About) Anymore you will have to click faster to get more hits because of the ms delay.

Hmm the thing about different skill is a good point. Never really thought of it that way.

Ill admit any less then 30 fps starts to make a big difference in pvp skill. In 1.9 its a little more like 20.I dont think quality of mouse really affects must as long as its from this decade. Some mouses people prefer because of hotkeys which is like really fancy pvp mouses.

Its just that a lot of strategy come different and its just slow paced. We could probably be just as good if we tried but most pvpers dont find it as fun.

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Finally some people who can debate without saying ''Boo, you suck!''. Let me join this lovely discussion!

To get things straight, I am a 1.9 PvPer. I play Minecraft for around 6 years now and have played 1.8 PvP with lots of joy, although I was never great at it. I had good knowledge of strafing roding, using flint and steel etc, but I never really was great at using them. In 1.9 I would say I'm good. I beat most people, have a good K/D and know a lot about the strategies behind the PvP. Keep in mind I might be a little bit biased because of this and I might get some things wrong about 1.8 PvP.

In general I agree with most of you (I'm not really targeting this message at anyone). 1.8 and 1.9 require different kinds of skill and to say for either of them that ''it doesn't require skill'' or ''it's just spam clicking / timing hits'' is just simply wrong.

You can't determine which one is more fun, but I think you can have some agreement to which one more...in depth (I can't really come up with a good word to describe it). Compare it to Call of Duty or CSGO. I dislike CSGO, while I do like to play some Call of Duty from time to time. Still I would argue that CSGO is more competitive, has more strategy, has more interesting game mechanics and is just in general a better made game.
I still like Call of Duty better, as it is more casual. When I played CSGO I had to think constantly, it felled slow paced and I never really enjoyed it as much as just running around like a madman in Call of Duty.

You might see it coming: Compare Call of Duty and CSGO to Minecraft 1.8 and 1.9.

In general I would say 1.9 is the better game. Here's why:

Spam clicking VS timing
I don't think spam clicking is stupid, doesn't require any skill etc. but I do believe that the time frame in 1.9 gives players the opportunity to make an interesting game. While you can rod, use flint and steel and strafe in 1.8 the recharge time in 1.9 makes it possible to fake attacks, play mind games, read your opponent and use things like lava buckets, bows, shields potions etc. to create a really fun strategic fight.
I'm not saying you can't have a strategic game in 1.8, but the faster pace of 1.8 does limit the amount of strategy you can use in a game.

Additional items
As I pointed out you create a more strategic game with bows, lava buckets, shield potions.. and 1.9 really does improve on that. Don't know who said it, but the ''buff'' of these items, while weapons get nerfed is a good thing. Bows are more affective, but can bet countered by the shield, while the shield can be countered by the axe, while the axe can be countered by sword (due to higher DPS) and the sword can be countered by the...well, bow!
Punishing players for using items besides sword/axe. If you want to use a lava bucket then you have to wait 0.625 seconds for your sword to charge back up after using it, with a stone axe that is 1.25 seconds. This adds to the point that 1.9 is more slow paced.
The offhand enables you to use an additional item, like the lava bucket. No time needed. The offhand also offers a wide range of strategy. I once fought a dude, who used the left handed player option in combination with a sword in his main and a axe in his offhand to confuse me which weapon he was using, so I couldn't adapt the right strategy to his choice of weapon, as I couldn't really see what weapon he was using, just to name a great example.

Sword and axe
Moving on, 1.9 offers players to different weapons which play completely different. I'm not really bothered to talk about it in more depth as it speaks for itself.

Healing
To be honest, I think both 1.8 and 1.9 fail at making a good healing system. I dislike the healing of 1.8, as it takes ages to heal, making you vulnerable after every fight (+In a lot of discussion I hear 1.9 is slower paced, while I would argue that the healing of 1.8 makes 1.8 so, so, SO much slower). 1.9 removes the problem, but in full diamond fights with a stack of golden apples it is not PvP anymore, it is just 'break the guys armour' or 'let him run out of food', making it even slower paced than the 1.8 healing after a fight.
For full iron fights or full diamond fights with reasonable food (like chicken, not steak or golden apples), it is great, but no, if every 1.9 fight was full diamond with a stack of golden apples, I would switch right back to 1.8

Maths
Not really an argument, but just to point out: the maths of 1.9 PvP (Armour protection, sharpness enchantments, toughness) is a lot cleaner, although in the end it doesn't really matter.

Last but not least, 1.9 is and will always be the newer version. You can perfectly fine stick 1.8 or modified versions of 1.9 and further, but Minecraft has moved on from 1.8 (again this is not really an argument, but just to point out)

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Finally some people who can debate without saying ''Boo, you suck!''. Let me join this lovely discussion!

Wait a debate thread about 1.8 vs 1.9 without toxicity?

To get things straight, I am a 1.9 PvPer. I play Minecraft for around 6 years now and have played 1.8 PvP with lots of joy, although I was never great at it. I had good knowledge of strafing roding, using flint and steel etc, but I never really was great at using them. In 1.9 I would say I'm good. I beat most people, have a good K/D and know a lot about the strategies behind the PvP. Keep in mind I might be a little bit biased because of this and I might get some things wrong about 1.8 PvP.

Someone that actually played 1.8... what is this nonsense

In general I agree with most of you (I'm not really targeting this message at anyone). 1.8 and 1.9 require different kinds of skill and to say for either of them that ''it doesn't require skill'' or ''it's just spam clicking / timing hits'' is just simply wrong.

Thank you

You can't determine which one is more fun, but I think you can have some agreement to which one more...in depth (I can't really come up with a good word to describe it). Compare it to Call of Duty or CSGO. I dislike CSGO, while I do like to play some Call of Duty from time to time. Still I would argue that CSGO is more competitive, has more strategy, has more interesting game mechanics and is just in general a better made game.
I still like Call of Duty better, as it is more casual. When I played CSGO I had to think constantly, it felled slow paced and I never really enjoyed it as much as just running around like a madman in Call of Duty.

TL;DR, Games like CS:GO may be more thought out but games like call of duty can be more casual and fun.

You might see it coming: Compare Call of Duty and CSGO to Minecraft 1.8 and 1.9.

Yeah, let's compare 2 games that 12 yos play (not saying your 12 but a giant stereotype of mc players are 12, cod is the second one).

In general I would say 1.9 is the better game. Here's why:

Spam clicking VS timing
I don't think spam clicking is stupid, doesn't require any skill etc. but I do believe that the time frame in 1.9 gives players the opportunity to make an interesting game. While you can rod, use flint and steel and strafe in 1.8 the recharge time in 1.9 makes it possible to fake attacks, play mind games, read your opponent and use things like lava buckets, bows, shields potions etc. to create a really fun strategic fight.
I'm not saying you can't have a strategic game in 1.8, but the faster pace of 1.8 does limit the amount of strategy you can use in a game.

Ok so apparently having to click faster, which makes it harder to aim btw.
It is faster paced, thus fast pace things tend
To be more fun.

Additional items
As I pointed out you create a more strategic game with bows, lava buckets, shield potions.. and 1.9 really does improve on that. Don't know who said it, but the ''buff'' of these items, while weapons get nerfed is a good thing. Bows are more affective, but can bet countered by the shield, while the shield can be countered by the axe, while the axe can be countered by sword (due to higher DPS) and the sword can be countered by the...well, bow!

Rock Paper Scissors The Game: Minecraft 1.9 PVP.

The offhand enables you to use an additional item, like the lava bucket. No time needed. The offhand also offers a wide range of strategy. I once fought a dude, who used the left handed player option in combination with a sword in his main and a axe in his offhand to confuse me which weapon he was using, so I couldn't adapt the right strategy to his choice of weapon, as I couldn't really see what weapon he was using, just to name a great example.

That's quite cute, using an offhand to put an item in, want to know how many slots a badlion uhc player uses? Take a guess I'm curious what you think. Hint it's more than 2. Technically pot pvpers use the entire inventory btw. All 36 slots (and armor) however that's the same in 1.9.

Sword and axe
Moving on, 1.9 offers players to different weapons which play completely different. I'm not really bothered to talk about it in more depth as it speaks for itself.

More play styles means rock paper scissors. Quality gameplay

Healing
To be honest, I think both 1.8 and 1.9 fail at making a good healing system. I dislike the healing of 1.8, as it takes ages to heal, making you vulnerable after every fight (+In a lot of discussion I hear 1.9 is slower paced, while I would argue that the healing of 1.8 makes 1.8 so, so, SO much slower). 1.9 removes the problem, but in full diamond fights with a stack of golden apples it is not PvP anymore, it is just 'break the guys armour' or 'let him run out of food', making it even slower paced than the 1.8 healing after a fight.
For full iron fights or full diamond fights with reasonable food (like chicken, not steak or golden apples), it is great, but no, if every 1.9 fight was full diamond with a stack of golden apples, I would switch right back to 1.8

Servers can make anticlean thing in their game or give you health on kills, in fact, on hypixel uhc early game it's good to get kills
Even if they don't have better gear, you get a head, either healing or a way to craft a powerful item.

Maths
Not really an argument, but just to point out: the maths of 1.9 PvP (Armour protection, sharpness enchantments, toughness) is a lot cleaner, although in the end it doesn't really matter.

It's quite the exact opposite. Armor toughness is just more cancerous to calculate

Last but not least, 1.9 is and will always be the newer version. You can perfectly fine stick 1.8 or modified versions of 1.9 and further, but Minecraft has moved on from 1.8.

Remind me how many servers updated? 1. Oh yeah and the creative servers who care about PVP sooo much. While the skill cap is
Wider in 1.9, it's very easy to go up it.

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Ok so apparently having to click faster, which makes it harder to aim btw.
It is faster paced, thus fast pace things tend
To be more fun.
That's wrong. My argument is something along the line of: I think is more in depth, because it requires more thought and strategy, while 1.8 is considered ''faster paced''.I think 1.9 is is more fun, because I don't need it to be fast paced, I need it to be strategic. Being slower paced (although I disagree, but hey, opinions) doesn't change that.

Rock Paper Scissors The Game: Minecraft 1.9 PVP.
A rock paper scissors game in which you can change your strategy considering the opponents strategy. Not saying 1.8 doesn't have that, just less.

That's quite cute, using an offhand to put an item in, want to know how many slots a badlion uhc player uses? Take a guess I'm curious what you think. Hint it's more than 2. Technically pot pvpers use the entire inventory btw. All 36 slots (and armor) however that's the same in 1.9.
You are basically saying the offhand isn't a big thing. As you pointed out you have the rest of the slots both 1.9 and 1.8. So does that make 1.9 more interesting? Surely additional slots create less depth!

More play styles means rock paper scissors. Quality gameplay
So more options in weapons is a bad thing?

Servers can make anticlean thing in their game or give you health on kills, in fact, on hypixel uhc early game it's good to get kills
Even if they don't have better gear, you get a head, either healing or a way to craft a powerful item.
False argument. Servers can change the healing to 1.8 in 1.9. Just because ''servers can change it to work'' doesn't make it good.

It's quite the exact opposite. Armor toughness is just more cancerous to calculate
I kinda agree, kinda disagree. As I said it really is just a side point. Most calculations are made easier and only diamond armour has toughness anyway. No need to argue about if this is true or not (if you think that saying that is proving you right, have it your way, because once more, it is just a side point).

Remind me how many servers updated? 1. Oh yeah and the creative servers who care about PVP sooo much. While the skill cap is
Wider in 1.9, it's very easy to go up it.
Although I'm not sure, most servers did indeed stick with 1.8. Take a look at the upcoming update (1.13). How much people will have resource packs to change Minecraft back to 1.12? Probably a lot.
I don't blame them for it, just as I don't mind people sticking with 1.8, but I would just embrace the change and accept it's different now.

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
why is everyone typing so much text?!?!?
i made my text bigg so i also sort off have a big text thing stuff text thingstuff

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
why is everyone typing so much text?!?!?
i made my text bigg so i also sort off have a big text thing stuff text thingstuff
Why are your messages such a waste of CubeCrafts Bandwith? (Don't you dare be technical with this message).

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
That's wrong. My argument is something along the line of: I think is more in depth, because it requires more thought and strategy, while 1.8 is considered ''faster paced''.I think 1.9 is is more fun, because I don't need it to be fast paced, I need it to be strategic. Being slower paced (although I disagree, but hey, opinions) doesn't change that.

Chess is one of the most strategy requiring games out there, so is solitaire. Guess what? They're boring (imo)

A rock paper scissors game in which you can change your strategy considering the opponents strategy. Not saying 1.8 doesn't have that, just less.

Everyone specializes in a different type of weapon playstyle and strategy. In 1.8 the best player can win almost every PVP fight
(Aside from ping issues and Hackers)

You are basically saying the offhand isn't a big thing. As you pointed out you have the rest of the slots both 1.9 and 1.8. So does that make 1.9 more interesting? Surely additional slots create less depth!

The offhand is one of the coolest things in 1.9 (aside from the elytra) don't take me the wrong way at all, it's just your argument that who needs a hot bar when you have an offhand is stupid.

So more options in weapons is a bad thing?

Not necessarily, but you explained it in a rock paper scissors format.

False argument. Servers can change the healing to 1.8 in 1.9. Just because ''servers can change it to work'' doesn't make it good.

Ok so healing system shouldn't ever be an argument you use either

I kinda agree, kinda disagree. As I said it really is just a side point. Most calculations are made easier and only diamond armour has toughness anyway. No need to argue about if this is true or not (if you think that saying that is proving you right, have it your way, because once more, it is just a side point).

Minor side point, but don't you start saying things like fights are faster on 1.9 since armor piercing is a thing (no joke someone legit said potions would be faster on 1.9).

Although I'm not sure, most servers did indeed stick with 1.8. Take a look at the upcoming update (1.13). How much people will have resource packs to change Minecraft back to 1.12? Probably a lot.

Hahaha 1.9 problems. There are legit no 1.9 PVP resource packs, 1.8 on the other hand has tons, the community for 1.8 is bigger so better mods and resource packs exist there too. Everyone on 1.8 uses a texture pack (almost). Sorry for not indenting this section.

I don't blame them for it, just as I don't mind people sticking with 1.8, but I would just embrace the change and accept it's different now.

Just because it's new doesn't mean it's better. Why should we have to accept a crappy update such as 1.9?

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
I'm really sorry, but I had a hard time understanding your latest post. This is what I've made of it:

Chess is one of the most strategy requiring games out there, so is solitaire. Guess what? They're boring (imo)
The final word is the most important here ;)

Everyone specializes in a different type of weapon playstyle and strategy. In 1.8 the best player can win almost every PVP fight
(Aside from ping issues and Hackers)
Here I start losing you. If I'm understanding correctly, you are saying the better player will (nearly) always win, while in 1.9 other factors are a thing. That's not true and I don't understand how you can think that?

Everyone does however specialize in a certain way of Pvping. and that's what I like about 1.9: sometimes your strategy doesn't work against the strategy of someone else. That means you have to adapt and perhaps even lose. That's great, as you need to be able to use more than one strategy to beat someone!

The offhand is one of the coolest things in 1.9 (aside from the elytra) don't take me the wrong way at all, it's just your argument that who needs a hot bar when you have an offhand is stupid.
I never said you don't need your hotbar, I only said that I thought the offhand creates more depth. Perhaps you misunderstood.

Ok so healing system shouldn't ever be an argument you use either
No, I said the argument 'Servers can fix that' is false, as you are modifying the base game. If that would be a valid argument, I could just say that servers can 'fix' 1.9 PvP (so it would be the same as 1.8 PvP) and tell you both versions are the exact same.

Hahaha 1.9 problems. There are legit no 1.9 PVP resource packs, 1.8 on the other hand has tons, the community for 1.8 is bigger so better mods and resource packs exist there too. Everyone on 1.8 uses a texture pack (almost). Sorry for not indenting this section.
You misunderstood. In 1.13 Minecraft will have most of it's textures changed (in case you didn't know) and currently lots of people are complaining about the new textures. When 1.13 will come out a lot of those players will use a recourse pack to change the textures back to pre 1.13 textures. I think (IMO) that those people should stick with the textures as they are, instead of changing them.

Just because it's new doesn't mean it's better. Why should we have to accept a crappy update such as 1.9?
I fully agree and that's why it is a side point. If the update would be the other way around, I would probably stick to the 'old 1.9' myself. The problem is that some people say that 1.9 is the worst update ever and that they will always stick with 1.8. I think that's unfair. Those people should give 1.9 a fair chance. If you played it for -let's say- 25h and still think it is rubbish, I don't see any reason why you should keep playing it.

aka47YT

Novice Member
Nov 11, 2016
Im sure 99% loves 1.9 pvp. look how many people are playing skywars and eggwars in 1.9 and look at cubecraft 1.8. cubecraft 1.8 is DEAD. so dont say 99% would like it hehe

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I’ll go ahead and lock this thread as it has been necroposted on. Please refrain from doing so @Matiuru .

However I will take note of this thread and read it back soon to get all of your guys’ points made here. Thanks! :)

- Locked.

Reactions: SpringWarz
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom