• NO!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demosiz

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2017
Earth
You are not allowed to request the closing of a thread as you are not the owner...

This is a hug myth, 1.8 is not entirely clicking speed. I challenge you to use an auto clicker set to 30 cps against me. You probably won't win. You don't know how to use a rod, you probably don't know how to straightline. You probably are bad at using pots (if it is pot pvp) there are a lot of skills in 1.8 that don't apply to 1.9 being able to use golden apples at the right time, in 1.9 you can just be critted out while chugging, in 1.8 on the other hand you have to make distance between the enemy while you do. I hope you know the best possible strategy in 1.9 is to go in and out of someone's range with a stone axe (crit). You take less damage by being out of their range and doing the highest amount of damage while in their range. Saddest of all... In 1.9 everyone is trash at block hitting even though they have a shield, which remember reduces damage by 50% so you could tie 2v1s (more like survive a clean). But nobody does that. Really maximizing your assets. In 1.8 you can do a quick lava bucket or f and s however in 1.9 you can't simply because it costs weapon cool down, you can keep it in your offhand however you can just hold 1 thing. 1.8 requires equal if not more strategy. All 1.9 has is stab and chug.
I KNOW I JUST MAKE A JOKE BRUh!

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
You probably are bad at using pots (if it is pot pvp) there are a lot of skills in 1.8 that don't apply to 1.9 being able to use golden apples at the right time, in 1.9 you can just be critted out while chugging, in 1.8 on the other hand you have to make distance between the enemy while you do.
Pots still exist in 1.9 ya know.
Also, no you can't just chug an infinite amount of golden apples and stay alive. Maybe if your enemy is stupid enough to use an axe, which brings me to my next point: Anyone with the slightest skill in 1.9 would prefer a sword, simply because it has so much more DPS than an axe + The fact that you can hit them more doing more knockback, and causing the same effect that rodding your enemy before going at it with your weapon does, only then throughout the whole fight.

Also, blockhitting with a sword is just idiotic because it means you can't (or barely can) strafe, causing you to hopelessly die in that 2v1 you mentioned.
About the offhand: Anyone that's not a fool knows what your enemy is up to if they have a lava bucket in their offhand.

All 1.9 has is stab and chug.
In conclusion: This only applies if you suck at it or use an axe (which is basically the same thing)

L

Lightning McQueen

I like alpha minecraft pvp everyone who plays anything else is probably a fool and eZzzz

Demosiz

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2017
Earth
Ye now nobs like u have to wait for bow cooldown lol its not just spamming w le can shoot 10 arrows per second and we never had to eat lol

He never said 1.8 was good what are you on?

He said 1.8 was the best! Are you serious? o_O

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
I don't know why you guys are still talking about this?
If you want to play 1.8 on here you can, or just play another server that are fully 1.8!
:)

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
You are not allowed to request the closing of a thread as you are not the owner...

This is a hug myth, 1.8 is not entirely clicking speed. I challenge you to use an auto clicker set to 30 cps against me. You probably won't win. You don't know how to use a rod, you probably don't know how to straightline. You probably are bad at using pots (if it is pot pvp) there are a lot of skills in 1.8 that don't apply to 1.9 being able to use golden apples at the right time, in 1.9 you can just be critted out while chugging, in 1.8 on the other hand you have to make distance between the enemy while you do. I hope you know the best possible strategy in 1.9 is to go in and out of someone's range with a stone axe (crit). You take less damage by being out of their range and doing the highest amount of damage while in their range. Saddest of all... In 1.9 everyone is trash at block hitting even though they have a shield, which remember reduces damage by 50% so you could tie 2v1s (more like survive a clean). But nobody does that. Really maximizing your assets. In 1.8 you can do a quick lava bucket or f and s however in 1.9 you can't simply because it costs weapon cool down, you can keep it in your offhand however you can just hold 1 thing. 1.8 requires equal if not more strategy. All 1.9 has is stab and chug.

I know 1.8 is not entirely clicking speed, but most strategies can be applied to 1.9 with minimal change. Also, the fact that you went straight to insulting my competence at PvP says something about you as a person, but I'll ignore that.

Being honest, I'm not a competitive PvPer, and I don't know half the strategies you mentioned, but I'm still pretty good. I do want to point a few things out though; First off, golden apple chugging has never been a good strategy and it never will be. It's a cheap move that solely relies on how you supplies compare to that of your opponents', if you have more gapples then you will win. In 1.9, that cheap strategy is negatable. It makes it so that, when golden apples are part of the supplies offered, the fight takes more skill. You also proved your own point invalid. You said that you need to distance yourself from your opponent before you can chug apples, and the same applies in 1.9.

Second, yes, I do know that the best possible strategy in 1.9 is moving in and out of someone's reach with an axe. In real life, when using a battleaxe, the best way to strike is by lunging and then backing away. The thing is, you're focusing on the use of axes. Swords and axes have a level playing field if you know how to use them, so I have no clue why you're upset. I mean, now people have different weapons you have to use different strategies to deal with them and it makes for more fun in combat.

Third, block hitting is a viable strategy, when you're against someone with a sword. Axes break through shields, so it's better to dodge their attacks. Let them miss and then attack during cooldown.

Finally, 1.9 is not just "stab and chug". 1.8 was all about stabbing and chugging. 1.9 makes chugging give less of and advantage and harder to do. 1.9 requires proper thinking before running in, less based on who gets the first hit. Now, I may be wrong with that statement, but here's something undeniable. With the shields, changes to hunger, and changes to gapples, 1.9 improved PvP where Minecraft fell flat before. It's now more engaging and enjoyable for more people. Yes, it changed combat forever, but that doesn't mean we can't adapt. I'm surprised this argument is even still going on. It's clear that they're never going to revert back to 1.8 PvP, and that's fine.

One thing I forgot to point out, almost everything you said is a downside of 1.9 is what I see as an upside. This is all a matter of opinion, and I don't want to force my opinion onto you. If you don't like 1.9 PvP, that's fine. I prefer 1.9 PvP, and that's fine too. Popular opinion is supportive of 1.9 though, so there's no use in resisting it. We can learn to adapt. I'll pay attention to your next post to make sure you read this part, because, like I said, it's all opinions. I don't want to fight, so we can agree to disagree. In the future though, try not to jump straight to insulting the person that's arguing against your opinion.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Pots still exist in 1.9 ya know.
Also, no you can't just chug an infinite amount of golden apples and stay alive. Maybe if your enemy is stupid enough to use an axe, which brings me to my next point: Anyone with the slightest skill in 1.9 would prefer a sword, simply because it has so much more DPS than an axe + The fact that you can hit them more doing more knockback, and causing the same effect that rodding your enemy before going at it with your weapon does, only then throughout the whole fight.

Also, blockhitting with a sword is just idiotic because it means you can't (or barely can) strafe, causing you to hopelessly die in that 2v1 you mentioned.
About the offhand: Anyone that's not a fool knows what your enemy is up to if they have a lava bucket in their offhand.

In conclusion: This only applies if you suck at it or use an axe (which is basically the same thing)

What he said.

Reactions: CommunistCactus
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
Top Bottom