Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Reactions: skifby and Eli

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Although running into people who vote against your suggestion for no reason is annoying, I rather not be restricted to voting as soon as I've posted. There are plenty of tiny QOL suggestions out there on which I just vote and move on, simply because there's nothing for me to add to the discussion. The same thing could go for being against a specific suggestion.
A poll is honestly mostly voted on only taking someone's opinion into account, and not necessarily any facts, arguments, etc.
If this is implemented, I'd want it to be optional in the poll creation settings.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/add-this-option-people-can-only-vote-on-a-poll-if-they’re-part-of-a-discussion.204844/page-2#post-964441

No need to lock since the discussion was still going.
@ShameI @Elivat

To @Quetzi , that some comments have less to do with the thread does not mean the discussion has ended and that you can just ignore the comments who do discuss it without trying to trigger each other.

Also I'll only add a No option when someone commented why they don't want this.
PS note that this was not my thread
Great let's keep going.
So, answering to your opininion to my reply for the thread that was locked. I clearly didn't explain myself properly, when I said Cubecraft's decisions, I meant big, important, game-changing, decisions. The evidence you presented, although it is valid, it is not a reflect of Cubecraft lately.
Take as an example, the bingo update they did. They based themselves on the community's suggestions. One thread wasn't enough, one poll wasn't enough either, they had to see various people agreed or proposed similar things for them to be sure to add them or not. (The same thing happened with bringing Quakecraft back).
I know, everyone would want to receive well explained arguments in respect to their suggestion but I'm afraid there is no way to force people to give a reason.
Taking into account what you said though, I've changed my opinion about this suggestion from negative to more or less. As it has been recommended various times, this poll type should optional. That way, the people who think that a thread's succes depends on a poll, can choose the option proposed and, achieve having arguments and opinions for every vote registered on the poll. The pople that don't think the poll is necessary they simply don't use it or, they set the poll accesible for everyone.
In conclusion, I think it is a good idea but, it must be optional.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
No need to lock since the discussion was still going.
@ShameI @Elivat

To @Quetzi , that some comments have less to do with the thread does not mean the discussion has ended and that you can just ignore the comments who do discuss it without trying to trigger each other.
I understand @Quetzi's reason to block the thread, but this was caused by a lack of resources the staff team members have on the forums. I don't know if this exists but, maybe a staff team member should have the ability to ban someone from a thread if their behaviour hasn't been constructive. That way it would be possible to avoid blocking good threads because someone is not cooperating.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Can a poll option just be 'No'... I just don't think its necessary at all :p
What you did is exactly the reason why this should be a thing, let's imagine there was actually an option on the poll to vote for "no", you would've just voted and that's it. No one would understand why you voted, and your opinion would be lost and not taken into account as it was never supported or explained.

What you did is exactly the reason why this should be a thing, let's imagine there was actually an option on the poll to vote for "no", you would've just voted and that's it. No one would understand why you voted, and your opinion would be lost and not taken into account as it was never supported or explained.
The point of a poll is that I can just answer and move on and it is automatically compared and considered
It's not needed

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Take suggestions like “remove OP mode from eggwars because nobody likes it... also I work for the CIA so give me an owner rank or I will sue you”
Okay threads like that would be a real big annoyance to have everyone reply to all to say
“No”
I just think it wouldn’t help

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Take suggestions like “remove OP mode from eggwars because nobody likes it... also I work for the CIA so give me an owner rank or I will sue you”
Okay threads like that would be a real big annoyance to have everyone reply to all to say
“No”
changed the poll
It's optional and not for every thread.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
I locked the thread because the amount of derailing and offtopxc posts in that thread meant that removing them would make the thread no longer make any sense. Quite happy for the actual discussion to continue, but that thread had been derailed to the point where on topic discussion was highly unlikely. You may disagree with me locking that thread, but let us not derail this thread by talking about how the previous thread was derailed (although that would prove my point).

As to the suggestion itself, I actually don't see any value in polls in the first place. They usually just serve as a 'pat on the back' for the post author without actually giving any useful feedback, the number of votes is statistically insignificant). I personally value a well thought out and reasoned post over a poll with 50 votes on it.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I don't know how I feel about this..
People might start explaining why their vote,
But on the other hand.. people would probably comment 'No' and that's it.

I don't care if they would add this, but I also don't care if they won't

Reactions: qwertplaysmc

qwertplaysmc

Novice Member
Dec 8, 2017
Would be cool if this was optional!

I don't know how I feel about this..
People might start explaining why their vote,
But on the other hand.. people would probably comment 'No' and that's it.

I don't care if they would add this, but I also don't care if they won't

Would also solve this since when you select the option that they have to comment you Always get a reason

F

Facelurite

“No”
In reddit, when people see a dumb suggestion they just ignore it

In reddit, when people see a dumb suggestion they just ignore it
Reddits a big community, it's run differently etc etc..

I just think this idea is being over thought, and it's not necessary!

thats exactly why it is needed. So you dont just vote without an explanations.

You've missed my point

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ehlli's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thunder wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happy birthday!
Minecraft is 15 years old now.
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happy birt Yuta. Don't give out any rings to people
AnolTongi wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom