Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should The Respawn Timer Really be added?

• Depends What the Staff think

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Well in skyward once you die your out for good. In eggwars, you can respawn over and over, The math adds up, eggwars = skywars. -.-
In skywars you get rushed and you die you lose. You now want the same thing in eggwars. With a 10 second respawn timer the only realistic way to win is to never die.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
In skywars you get rushed and you die you lose. You now want the same thing in eggwars. With a 10 second respawn timer the only realistic way to win is to never die.
I think the respawn protection should be 3-5 seconds long. That is long enough for the attacker to get a head start breaking the egg, but still short enough so you have a chance of living. Then, with the respawn protection (I believe it gets removed when you hit someone now), you have a chance to buy simple gear or run away. I think this is the best possible update on spawn protection and I am so so so SOOO glad they have done it!!
That was my first post but whatever...
In the early game, if you rush, you can easily get the egg and kill them, the respawn timer changes nothing. In the late game, you are so vastly out geared (once you die) that the only thing the respawn timer changes is that it doesn't delay the inevitable loss of the egg. Makes the game faster and more enjoyable for everyone.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
That was my first post but whatever...
In the early game, if you rush, you can easily get the egg and kill them, the respawn timer changes nothing. In the late game, you are so vastly out geared (once you die) that the only thing the respawn timer changes is that it doesn't delay the inevitable loss of the egg. Makes the game faster and more enjoyable for everyone.
All we've seen is the 8-10 second respawn timer. I agree that a 3-5 second respawn timer would be good, but that's not what cobecraft is actually doing.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
All we've seen is the 8-10 second respawn timer. I agree that a 3-5 second respawn timer would be good, but that's not what cobecraft is actually doing.
But the 8-10 second one really doesn't change things that much. If they are on your island you are dead either way. If you fell off a bridge and no one is around, you have to wait a few more seconds but it doesn't change anything.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
But the 8-10 second one really doesn't change things that much. If they are on your island you are dead either way. If you fell off a bridge and no one is around, you have to wait a few more seconds but it doesn't change anything.
Yes, it does. It makes a huge difference. If seconds don't make a difference why not make the respawn timer an hour?

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not sure about how I feel about the timer. As I didn't watch the stream, I'm not sure how long the respawn timer is so I can't really give my opinion on that.

As for enderpearls, I think it's a very good idea to have them as it will help the issue regarding campers. It will hopefully discourage camping and even if it doesn't enderpearls will make it much easier to deal with them!

Ayyy now i don't have to feel embers I missed it

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
In my opinion, having the timer is fine. The only thing that needs a tweak in my opinion is the amount of time.
They said it was 8 seconds, but that's way too much. It should only be 5 at max, but I would think 3 seconds should be good. ;)
I am not sure what they set their puch bow price to, but if its at 25 then it also needs to change. For the punch, as it really overpowered and annoying, I would think it needs a price of about 48 or 64 diamonds, this would be way more fair in my opinion.
But again, this is just my opinion.
Otherwise, the update is awesome!

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
A respawn timer is in My opinion a good idea for adding. You must to make the good decision for running or defending your egg. At the moment it is really difficult for breaking an egg with obsidian And chests. Without a respawn timer he can easy beat you of your island And you hasn't the time for breaking his egg.

Shadow_Von_Argent

Oct 28, 2016
South-Africa
I have set the poll to be active for at least 2 weeks hopefully we can all agree to a term with each other about the respawn timer. one thing that would be great if it was able to make a match where ranked players could choose to play with or without a respawn timer. It might take a bit more resources to figure out but its a good start in the right direction. Right?

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Matriox wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🕺
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom