Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should The Respawn Timer Really be added?

• Depends What the Staff think

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadow_Von_Argent

Oct 28, 2016
South-Africa
THE EGGWARS UPDATE:
So as most of you have seen or hopefully watched the live stream of the new Eggwars update coming. We notice a lot of changes which some have suggested and others clearly don't want. So I have decided to make a poll and a thread of what you guys want. Let the voices of the players be heard Please comment or reply why you think it should or shouldn't be added.

The Respawn Timers:
So the idea of having respawn timers added is a bit redundant (in my opinion). The reason why I say this is the first Time I played Eggwars was on Hypixel there it is called bedwars and to be honest I hated it. I mean you have to wait to respawn while your egg is most likely being destroyed and you cant do squat about it. The Idea of Cubecraft adding The Timers just reminds me of the terrible times playing bedwars. I loved the way CubeCraft had the fact that you instantly respawn. Changing this would just make it more like Hypixel (please do not bark at me for saying this).

ENDERPEARLS IN NORMALMODE:

This one I am actually looking forward to. This will help a lot for those pesky campers. True True I camp sometimes to but there is just something but the thrill of breaking an egg and absolutely going Beast mode killing all the players in that team single handed as they try and Figure "How did he break our egg?". With the TNT cannon being used more and more (some still don't use or understand it quite yet) it was getting hard to kill the campers this way the playing field is thus again made even.

Should Ranks be able to choose to play with or without a timer?:

In my opinion definetly. The fact that ranked players are able to choose the items and health boost in the games just makes it so much fun. And thinking that if the respawn timer does eventually get added and a lot of players dont want it but they never voted on the poll what would happen. If you think about it those players who dont want a repsawn timer will want to buy a Rank so much more because they dont wanna play with the timer. In this way everyone wins and CubeCraft will make more money. Because so many more players will buy a Rank. I know I will buy one just incase;)

Last edited:

PressLaunchMike

Novice Member
May 30, 2017
London
I am neutral on the respawn timer suggestion. The idea is great on paper but it would really annoy players like myself. For me trying to barricade myself and attempting to break the egg whilst a player is beating on me with a fist is an aspect of the game. It is part of the game and it's like the last hope of the egg owner. I myself, many times knocked a player of to see for myself, that I still owned my egg unharmed, in a few cases still ending up winning. It really depends on the respawn time itself. Will it increase the more you die or is it gonna be a set number?

With the enderpearl in normal mode it would be nice and I can't think of anything bad about it. Add the epearls to normal!

What do you think @Bob_the_Giraffe ?

Kind regards,
PressLaunchMike.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I'm not sure about how I feel about the timer. As I didn't watch the stream, I'm not sure how long the respawn timer is so I can't really give my opinion on that.

As for enderpearls, I think it's a very good idea to have them as it will help the issue regarding campers. It will hopefully discourage camping and even if it doesn't enderpearls will make it much easier to deal with them!

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
The respawn timer shouldn't be more than 5 seconds, and that's a lot. If it's more than 5 seconds you might as well quit after your first death because you egg is basically guaranteed to get broken. If you can't break an egg with a naked player defending it, respawn timer or not, you don't deserve to break that egg.

Reactions: PressLaunchMike

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I think the respawn protection should be 3-5 seconds long. That is long enough for the attacker to get a head start breaking the egg, but still short enough so you have a chance of living. Then, with the respawn protection (I believe it gets removed when you hit someone now), you have a chance to buy simple gear or run away. I think this is the best possible update on spawn protection and I am so so so SOOO glad they have done it!!

Shadow_Von_Argent

Oct 28, 2016
South-Africa
The respawn timer shouldn't be more than 5 seconds, and that's a lot. If it's more than 5 seconds you might as well quit after your first death because you egg is basically guaranteed to get broken. If you can't break an egg with a naked player defending it, respawn timer or not, you don't deserve to break that egg.
They Intend on making it 8-10 seconds

Shadow_Von_Argent

Oct 28, 2016
South-Africa
Which is awful. It's gonna make eggs worthless because once you die you might as well quit as your egg will be gone, you'll be naked, and there will be a geared guy right next to you waiting for your protection to wear out.

Precisely my point on why I created the thread and the poll. Hopefully we would get enough vote for No that the staff would take it into thoughts

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Precisely my point on why I created the thread and the poll. Hopefully we would get enough vote for No that the staff would take it into thoughts
The problem is virtually nobody else seems to think that. I've seen 3 people say that 8-10 seconds is too long, and lots and lots praise it like Jesus just returned.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
The problem is virtually nobody else seems to think that. I've seen 3 people say that 8-10 seconds is too long, and lots and lots praise it like Jesus just returned.
Probably because it's what the vast majority of players want and have been asking for since eggwars came out (it's been a few years at least).

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
They streamed it but didnt upload the stream ? Was it on twitch or YT ? Im all for respawn timers . Dowant effwct me if i die early in the game i usually quit wven if i have my egg

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I love the mix of the spring and birthday lobby. Wish it lasted longer than a week.
IMG_5318.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday! Have an awesome day on your special day ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday my friend ^-^ 🐸
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on RAFIXD's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
JokeKaedee wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🐸 <3
Top Bottom