• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
After encountering a match where a player attempted to team with me, I’ve decided to bring this topic up here. Teaming is currently punishable in lucky islands solos. However, in my opinion, it should not be banned and here’s why:

Lucky islands currently has no duos mode, and groups of two players have no way of playing with each other while avoiding being placed into games with random teammates. As a result, many players end up teaming with each other in lucky islands solos, even with it being banned. Usually, this doesn’t get reported since not many players report other players in lucky islands solos, but in the long run many of these players could get banned. I would support this if these were sweaty players trying to upset other players, but 9 times out of 10 it’s either a couple of brothers trying to play with each other, or two players who meet in a match and become friends. Many players ask if I can team with them and I always have to explain that I won’t because it’s banned, before mercilessly killing them, which often really upsets these players and makes me feel pretty bad. As someone who is rather competitive about lucky islands, I don’t see myself teaming up with other sweats to bully other players. Most people who are trying to team have no evil intentions, and are not that hard to defeat anyway.

What are you guy’s opinions on this, I know this could be a relatively hot take.

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
After encountering a match where a player attempted to team with me, I’ve decided to bring this topic up here. Teaming is currently punishable in lucky islands solos. However, in my opinion, it should not be banned and here’s why:

Lucky islands currently has no duos mode, and groups of two players have no way of playing with each other while avoiding being placed into games with random teammates. As a result, many players end up teaming with each other in lucky islands solos, even with it being banned. Usually, this doesn’t get reported since not many players report other players in lucky islands solos, but in the long run many of these players could get banned. I would support this if these were sweaty players trying to upset other players, but 9 times out of 10 it’s either a couple of brothers trying to play with each other, or two players who meet in a match and become friends. Many players ask if I can team with them and I always have to explain that I won’t because it’s banned, before mercilessly killing them, which often really upsets these players and makes me feel pretty bad. As someone who is rather competitive about lucky islands, I don’t see myself teaming up with other sweats to bully other players. Most people who are trying to team have no evil intentions, and are not that hard to defeat anyway.

What are you guy’s opinions on this, I know this could be a relatively hot take.
I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I’ve encountered and gotten killed by teamers a few times and I find it quite annoying. I think the rule should stay.

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
It would definitely be great to see the release of Lucky Islands Teams of 2 one day

I partially understand why it doesn’t exist, considering how easy it could be to lose your teammate with the game’s style of randomness, but it would be good for players to be able to have the two-player experience in Lucky Islands (especially if they’re in a party); it’s not quite the same experience if they both join Teams of 4 instead

Reactions: Reesle

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

Nah teamming in lucky solo should not be alwed they just have to add the gamemode of 2

Reactions: Reesle

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I think the rule should stay. The real solution is to just add Lucky Islands Duos. I once made a suggestion to add Trios to Eggwars, Skywars, Lucky Islands, and Duels on Bedrock. I also suggested to add Lucky Islands duos in this suggestion. It got over 40 agrees without any disagrees, but it was still denied. However, Story made it clear that although Trios was ruled out, Lucky Islands duos wasn't.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Most replies to this thread are pretty similar so I’ll try to address them in general. I completely understand how teaming could harm someone else’s gameplay experience. I remember being frustrated with teamers when I first started playing lucky islands. I no longer feel upset when this happens and usually let teamers off the hook, although explaining to them that other people might report them and cause them to be punished. My real problem is that it’s upsetting to me that players who really have no intentions to upset other players get banned, and may just end up quitting the game. I don’t think there’s a perfect solution where everyone wins, and I wouldn’t know which system would cause more backlash without experiencing both.

As many people have mentioned, adding a duos mode would reduce the number of player teaming in solos because they want to play lucky islands with a team of two. I completely agree that lucky islands duos should be added if it and hope it will get added eventually. However, I’m not sure when and how Cubecraft’s staff would decide when the right time is for it to happen, as factors like player count and map making should also be considered.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom