Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

williamSG

May 4, 2018
Introduction of myself
I have been playing CubeCraft for years (even though I had some time where I didn't played the game for personal reasons), moreover I started playing the server when it first went out, where the lobby was very small and the only game mode available was SkyWars (if I remember well).
Some maps were totally different than the ones from now, still I remember that 'Trees' was my favorite map and I do think most part of the community thought the same.
Well, I do think that this Introduction was necessary to prove I'm not just a new player to the server, even though I started playing again not so long ago.

Title
Reward compensation to the TOP players

Idea
I have sustained this idea since a lot of time now, but it has not been until now that I decided to join the forums and make something out of them, as I think they're a very good utility for the players.
The idea came out when I first looked into the top 5 ranking on the Sky Wars lobby. At that time I was playing with my friend and I remember saying to him:
- Wow! And what's their reward?
- They don't get nothing. - told my friend.

Suggestion
First of all, In my opinion the server has enough resources to apply my suggestion.
The suggestion consists in basically giving a reward to the top 5 or X players of X time (every month for example), as they have putted a lot of hours in playing on the server. I think that would be a motivation for a lot of users that really enjoy playing Sky Wars, Egg Wars and all the different modes this server presents.
My reward suggestions are:
- Things which you can use on the game (heads for example).
- Things with value 'outside' of the server (minecraft cards, ranks, cubecraft t-shirts etc.)

In my opinion this would bring a lot of value to the community and most important (specially for those competitive players as me) a motivation besides being showed on the ranking.

Thank you for the attention!
I really appreciate the work putted in this amazing and long project.

- williamSG

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
I understand that this might motivate people to play the game to become the top, but let's be real. Is a person who has 1200 wins for example, going to put the effort in something like that, when they know our Maestro at the number one spot will basicly stay there until he stops playing Minecraft. The leaderboards barely change, which means the ones who are already at the top are going to grind as hard as the ones who want to become the top, you see? There's barely progression. For every new win you make, someone on the leaderboard will make as well, which leads to the same persons receiving free stuff over and over again.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I personally don’t want to see this. Many leaderboard players abuse and farm wins in order to reach that position, and rewarding them would just not be right. And another thing is that the leaderboard players currently seem to have a huge lead on those not on leaderboard, so no one else really has a chance to catch up. Take the top solo skywars player. He has 18k wins (probably 19k by now, haven’t been on in a bit) which I believe is over double the person in second. No one will be able to get his position for a long time even if he completely stops playing. We would only be rewarding those already on the leaderboard since they have such a lead on everyone else, which is not very fair

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
I agree with you both @TheBrownster and @Cynamooo, even if I think it would be cool if the top player gets some kind of vanity for beening on 5th place, another one for beeing on the 4th place and so on. Not because they have been there for a month. (Maybe diffrent vanities for diffrent game modes.)

Reactions: williamSG

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I think the place on the leaderboard itself is enough reward already. You can't really reward with points/exp either, because they have so much wins they have lots of that arleady.
- Things with value 'outside' of the server (minecraft cards, ranks, cubecraft t-shirts etc.)
Cubecraft would never do that.

Reactions: williamSG

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
giving a reward to the top 5 or X players of X time (every month for example
Being on the leaderboard is an achievement in itself, your rewards are fame among the returning players of the gamemode you are on the leaderboard of.
Turning the gamemode into a competition will create a lot of tension between players.
The goal of the game is to have fun.
Playing with competitive players who often get spitefull against any type of gameplay that isn't rush based is grinding.
There is also another reason I can see why we chose not to do this, if this was competitive, to be on top of the leaderboard you would need to compete against players that also want to get those rewards and it becomes a race of who gets the most wins, getting more wins means you need to play more games, playing more games means spending more time on cubecraft in a way that can hinder the users well being, this server's main demographic isn't the most responsible of demographics and children, more often than not don't know when to stop.

williamSG

May 4, 2018
Being on the leaderboard is an achievement in itself, your rewards are fame among the returning players of the gamemode you are on the leaderboard of.
Turning the gamemode into a competition will create a lot of tension between players.
The goal of the game is to have fun.
Playing with competitive players who often get spitefull against any type of gameplay that isn't rush based is grinding.
There is also another reason I can see why we chose not to do this, if this was competitive, to be on top of the leaderboard you would need to compete against players that also want to get those rewards and it becomes a race of who gets the most wins, getting more wins means you need to play more games, playing more games means spending more time on cubecraft in a way that can hinder the users well being, this server's main demographic isn't the most responsible of demographics and children, more often than not don't know when to stop.

Thanks for the reply, now that I read this it makes more sense, not much people that are from Cubecraft enjoy having a winning mindset, and applying this 'reward system' would change the experience of the server, I completely agree.

williamSG

May 4, 2018
Wouldn’t mind this when they add MONTHLY LEADERBOARDS.
That's a good idea!
I personally don’t want to see this. Many leaderboard players abuse and farm wins in order to reach that position, and rewarding them would just not be right. And another thing is that the leaderboard players currently seem to have a huge lead on those not on leaderboard, so no one else really has a chance to catch up. Take the top solo skywars player. He has 18k wins (probably 19k by now, haven’t been on in a bit) which I believe is over double the person in second. No one will be able to get his position for a long time even if he completely stops playing. We would only be rewarding those already on the leaderboard since they have such a lead on everyone else, which is not very fair
Thanks for the reply, I will answer the same I said down below, now that I read this it makes more sense, not much people that are from Cubecraft enjoy having a winning mindset, and applying this 'reward system' would change the experience of the server, I completely agree.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom