Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like it if CCG had translators?

• YESSSS THANKS PINGLEEE AYYYY :3333

• NOOOO BAD GO BACK TO BED PING, NO. BAD PING.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Basically, if you're from another country, you might have noticed that some people swear on their own language.
Now you'd usually warn them and report them, right?

Well no, reports are in English, Spanish and Dutch only.
All the translations so far were made by staff members.
Now I'm suggesting to add a new "group" but not really rank or position:

Translators!

What does a translator do?
Eats pizza (jkjk)
Of course, they translate things! They translate the rules, and they help translate the server GUI and messages and whatnot.

How does one become a translator?
There's gonna be a new application form. You have to type in what language you want to translate into, but not just that. You also have to type in why you want to translate for the server, how much time you can dedicate to translating documents and messages, and you need to show if you're trustworthy. It's basically an helper application form but more into the "translator" side of things? Ye. Age 12/13+ to apply. (cant decide, lel)
How much will I earn per hour?
0 euros per year sir! It's a volunteered action! Yay!
Can I vote for OP eggwars triple health?
No. The rank doesn't give ANY rank-given advantage, but has an exclusive Aqua nametag and a [Translator] tag in chat.

@Mac @Tacosbefriends

D

Deleted member 169486

Sounds like a nice addition, but I think they should have the diamond rank perks as helper+ have obsidian perks

Reactions: Ping Ether

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Why not seems like a good idea. I see many server that have ranks like this for experienced players that are not quite staff material.
I fully support this(totally not because I want to become a translator and I have seen many people in chat swear with very very bad german words.)

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
I support this, but getting a tag in-game is maybe a little much. These players would get treated like helpers, even though they just translate. I suggest that players doing this will get a translator rank on the forums, but in-game they get a modified obsidian rank with access to translator features (and maybe staff testing?).
I also think that the age limit should be increased to at least 15.

If this gets added, I would love to help with a Swedish translation (either right after the release or when I reach the age limit, if it is too high) :)

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
Yes! We need to make everybody, not matter what country or language feel welcome on CCG!

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I like your idea but how can we check if the translations are accurate?
No one will be able to check (staff team) due to language differences.

Reactions: Ping Ether

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Is this supposed to be a sombra reference?
OMAI HOW DIDJA KNOW
I like your idea, but we already have a translator group, *cough* ;)
But this way more people (hi) can help with translations of languages that the "translation group" doesn't quite understand? (Italian *cough*)
I think they don't understand but I'm not sure and I don't wanna judge anyone... Only thing I know is Italian people just wonder around insulting eachother without getting remotely punished or warned... ;-;
This is a simple solution to get multi-lingual people to help moderators solve their non-english/dutch/spanish language reports and ingame translations, might not be the perfect system (and it probably isn't) but I tried...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom