Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like it if CCG had translators?

• YESSSS THANKS PINGLEEE AYYYY :3333

• NOOOO BAD GO BACK TO BED PING, NO. BAD PING.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
OMAI HOW DIDJA KNOW

But this way more people (hi) can help with translations of languages that the "translation group" doesn't quite understand? (Italian *cough*)
I think they don't understand but I'm not sure and I don't wanna judge anyone... Only thing I know is Italian people just wonder around insulting eachother without getting remotely punished or warned... ;-;
This is a simple solution to get multi-lingual people to help moderators solve their non-english/dutch/spanish language reports and ingame translations, might not be the perfect system (and it probably isn't) but I tried...
1st I play a metric crap ton of overwatch and sombra is my main
2nd if you play overwatch to and want my battletag start a conversation with it because I dont want to throw it around like madness
3rd I saw german people insulting too. I am german. They said words like a..... h..... which to me, because I am german is an incredible bad insult.

Reactions: Ping Ether

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Moderators(+) currently do translations. However, me being the person I am, I can't say the translations are perfect. I'm very "into" languages and would therefore undoubtedly apply for this position if this suggestion would be realized.

I wouldn't mind forum tags, but in-game ranks seem pointless and unnecessary in my opinion. It still is, as you said, a voluntary position and there's no need to show off with your rank in-game. ;)

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I wouldn't mind forum tags, but in-game ranks seem pointless and unnecessary in my opinion. It still is, as you said, a voluntary position and there's no need to show off with your rank in-game.
Good point, but maybe people will think twice before swearing in their own language trying to bypass reports when seeing a translator is ingame?
(Lel no that makes no sense, sorry xd)

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
xD imagine translators having spme banters gadgets like one that says hello in all different languages to a player xD

Reactions: Ping Ether

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Administrator: "Heyoooo"
Player: "[insert 6 swearwords here]"
[Admin]: Hey hi!
[Player]: C***O M***A PU****A
[Admin]: What did you say? I don't understand this language...
[Player 2]: Admin pls bannerino he's swearing
[Admin]: Idk that language tho
[Player 2] : pls
[Translator] lmao going to report you [Player]
[Player]: xdxd they dont know this language bwahhaha
[Translator] -> [Admin]: he swearing pls /p ban Player targeting 12m
[Player left the game.]
[Player joined the game]
[Player] K now I know I shouldn't swear anymore pls desban me tho?
[Wannabe] Make an appeal here ask me for help I'll be glad to help you pls accept my application admin
[Admin] lmao no
(Sorry for the super long conversation)

Reactions: Buuuddy
B

Britney Spears

Moderators(+) currently do translations. However, me being the person I am, I can't say the translations are perfect. I'm very "into" languages and would therefore undoubtedly apply for this position if this suggestion would be realized.

I myself am not a translator, but it isn't that easy of a task to do at all. Of course, some sentences have their flaws here and there, but the staff members that are working on translating are doing their best to make it flawless.

I think that the Dutch and Spanish translations were mainly added to the network because our staff team had volunteers that liked to help on creating those translations and because those languages are one of the three most spoken languages on the server (English, Dutch and Spanish). I like the concept and idea of this, however, I'm not sure if there's demand for translators.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I'm not sure if there's demand for translators
cazzo.PNG

I swear, Google translate this (it's really offensive pls dont ban I'm trying to prove my point, here: https://translate.google.it/?hl=it#it/en/testa di cazzo)
Yes
I can't report her. Nor can I help you guys deal with her as of now ;-;
I just wish to help people who have to deal with everyone always swearing and targeting in their own language, to make their experience more enjoyable...
Because as of now, pretty much every non-english language that is not dutch or spanish playerbase is not moderated.
I myself am not a translator, but it isn't that easy of a task to do at all
Couldn't have said it any better
(That's why a little help by translators might be useful)

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
It might not be nice to say but it's not "really offensive"? Or am I just weird? ;-;
It depends on who gets called out I guess?
I have no idea, I'm personally not really offended by this but it's worth 1 month mute for targeting IMHO so who knows

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
We already have this, but with staff members instead of 'Translators'.

Moderating isn't our only job. :p
Yeah, and I know that, but this can help a lot more with more people from different countries talking different languages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli
Did you know... 466 forum usernames contain the word “cube”, 3512 contain the word “craft”, and 683 contain the word “Creeper”.
Livvv wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis ankis! ^-^
AnolTongi wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Klosk!!!!!
Wishing you a fun weekend 💛
Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Since I know you like these AI images:
Here is one for your Birthday Tim, enjoy this day!
1714740689209.png
Top Bottom