• YESSS YESSS YESS PINGY PAL

• NONONONO NO PINGY BUD

• pls change something tho idk

Results are only viewable after voting.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Who says vanilla is not going to have anticheat? lol....
That's my point, I like vanilla but we have to wait for this anticheat to be finished, because you know the state it is in now....

Btw if any1 has trouble hiding their base here's a perfect tip: Build it in the nether. Pretty easy to get there, all you'll need is a bucket and some lava+water

Reactions: Ping Ether

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
How large/small was that world? It's pretty hard to find your base without a /home command. In fact I think /home and /set home should be the only commands for this.
I think the world had no set border and I was REALLY far away. Coordinates are a big part of vanilla.
I would always have made it back home. Even if I had to travel 90000 blocks by boat or just walking. (Bruh I didn't know how travel using the nether yet)

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
I think the world had no set border and I was REALLY far away. Coordinates are a big part of vanilla.
I would always have made it back home. Even if I had to travel 90000 blocks by boat or just walking. (Bruh I didn't know how travel using the nether yet)
It would take a ton of time to get back to your base so a base is basically useless.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
It would take a ton of time to get back to your base so a base is basically useless
No.
It isn't just "lame traveling" it feels like an expedition, you see wonderful biomes, things people made, and other stuff around, it's not so lame.
And a base is SUPER USEFUL it's where you store your items, where you meet up with friends, where you can make your farms, where you can build....

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
No.
It isn't just "lame traveling" it feels like an expedition, you see wonderful biomes, things people made, and other stuff around, it's not so lame.
And a base is SUPER USEFUL it's where you store your items, where you meet up with friends, where you can make your farms, where you can build....
I really don't want to spend an hour just FINDING my base. Once you do find it, how are you going to find extra resources without going far? In my opinion, /home should be for eliminating that time so that you don't spend a long time trying to find it.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
You don't have to "find" it. You use coordinates and it will always be there.

Expedictions. Long travels full of adventure, where you meet people, find old bases and what not.
First, you can get killed on your journey is you aren't the best at pvp. Second, if you find old bases, then what is the point of your first base? Next, you could just go on a journey then do /home to actually SAVE time. Yes it's technically a vanilla game but it would be pointless if you had to use half of your time just travelling to your base. Plus, then there wouldn't be a point to hide it in a neat place like underground or in the nether if we don't have /home.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
First, you can get killed on your journey is you aren't the best at pvp
Not really, if you find people you don't go stright past them and attack them like a maniac.
Second, if you find old bases, then what is the point of your first base
I ment old bases of other people. Like, ancient manufacts or something.
Next, you could just go on a journey then do /home to actually SAVE time
It kind of feels more satisfying to go back by yourself, but at this point why not to add a command for finding bases, raiding them, and storing your items automatically? (lol sarcasm) It's a small part of the experience, but still relevant.
Yes it's technically a vanilla game but it would be pointless if you had to use half of your time just travelling to your base
Pointless? Bruh traveling is amazing dude.... You clearly never played a full vanilla...
Plus, then there wouldn't be a point to hide it in a neat place like underground or in the nether if we don't have /home.
I used to live underground, we just had this invention, called a staircase. We would place two blocks of dirt to cover it, never got raided in that base.
And about the Nether, use portals? :p Just hide the portal and note down the coords.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Not really, if you find people you don't go stright past them and attack them like a maniac.

ya know people can sneak upon you
Yeah it you find a base, you probably want to steal from it. With /home, you can actually steal from people rather than just taking like 5 things from that base.
It kind of feels more satisfying to go back by yourself, but at this point why not to add a command for finding bases, raiding them, and storing your items automatically? (lol sarcasm) It's a small part of the experience, but still relevant.
For the people that don't have a lot of time on the weekends (me), I can't start a journey for just a base just because they couldn't add a necessary command.
I used to live underground, we just had this invention, called a staircase. We would place two blocks of dirt to cover it, never got raided in that base.
And about the Nether, use portals? :p Just hide the portal and note down the coords.
I build bases underwater in oceans. I think it would take a long time to destroy every single block to get there especially if it took the time for you to get there. Next, if we do have this added, I am sure that there would be over 1000 players. 2 blocks won't just cut it. Next, finding the portal would take long enough. Now take some extra time to find a nether base UNDER LAVA!!!!!! No. I would rather not even play if you can't even make it so that we can do survival.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
ya know people can sneak upon you
While YOU're traveling there's more chance of YOU sneaking up on them O.o
For the people that don't have a lot of time on the weekends (me), I can't start a journey for just a base just because they couldn't add a necessary command.
A journey isn't that long IRL you know... It's not a problem... Also you don't have to do everything in one day. I mean, plan your stuffs.
Yeah it you find a base, you probably want to steal from it. With /home, you can actually steal from people rather than just taking like 5 things from that base.
You just take what you can in your inventory anyway, because that would need a /back too. And that, is not vanilla.
finding the portal would take long enough.
COORDSSSSS THEY SAVE YO' LIFEEE
Now take some extra time to find a nether base UNDER LAVA!!!!!!
Not everybody will build an under-lava nether base you know...
No. I would rather not even play if you can't even make it so that we can do survival.
LOL!!! You're the one complaining about the lack of teleportation commands and now complain about it not being possible to do survival? HAHA Oh mate!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom