• NONONONO NO PINGY BUD

• pls change something tho idk

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Vanilla Minecraft
For who didn't know, the original, not modded, Minecraft experience.
Now I know what you're thinking mate.
"BRUH I JUST GOT CLICKBAITED"
"THIS IS CRINGE"
"OHHH IT'S PINGYYY :3"
But think about it. Vanilla is a unique experience nowadays. Not so many "Big" servers have Vanilla, and its feelings and stories got less and less talked about.

You'd start your underground base
Get your friend, make a farm
Navigate the seas and find raids
Find new friends
New enemies

NEW PING ETHERS

And so much more...

Now, what are the cons of vanilla?
Vanilla is a really rudimental and simplistic gamemode, where one of the objectives is to raid people, for loot or for glory.

Now, getting raided might be taken sportly, or might be taken as a personal offence

This Ping Ether just sexually harassed me
That would cause a lot of hate between raided and raider.

And think about how easy it would be to code a vanilla server.

You just need to set a warp for the lobby menu, a /leave command (maybe with combatlog protection) and maybe some things like, heads drop, or something.

But I'm not sure, personally I'm not a developer, and considering vanilla = navigating, and navigating = more chunks generated, the world file would get really big. Now we only have a fixed about of servers we can purchase, ofc.

So my solution would be a world border, not too small though. Around 1.000.000 blocks, maybe. Considering spawn is 0.0

Tell me what you think, and make sure to share your ideas if you have anything to add to this post, wether it's a con or a pro!

Pls don't add grief protection though, I beg you!
@Skifby @MagnificentSpam @TheJeroen @tspacecat

Last edited:

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
So my solution would be a world border, not too small though. Around 1.000.000 blocks, maybe. Considering spawn is 0.0
Most FACTION servers don't even have that far of a border, 15k-20k is enough if you ask me.

Anyway, I don't really think this would fit Cubecraft in a way, since they're known for minigames.. So yea..

Reactions: Ping Ether

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Most FACTION servers don't even have that far of a border, 15k-20k is enough if you ask me.
Meh, ok, but in vanilla navigating sea is really important to find bases.
Anyway, I don't really think this would fit Cubecraft in a way, since they're known for minigames.. So yea..
Quite a good and valid point, but that's kind of why I'm suggesting something, to be out of the schemes, to imagine.
Really appreciated your post! :D
Gotta love that you tagged tspacecat. I would definitely support having a vanilla server without grief protection. Stealing from othrt bases should be a vital part of it.
Ohh we got an old school raider right here ;)

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Well... I resigned from moderator on a survival server after a loyal serf of over eight months. I can assure you, having a vanilla survival server isn't as easy as you think. There would be currencies, meaning that the economy has to be extremely accurate in order to not crash. That was hard on the server I was staff on (100± players). Imagine this on a scale like Cubecraft... Also if I were to be Cubecraft, I wouldn't allow griefing as that would cause people to leave due to their ruined work. There are a lot of other factors which have to be very good in order to have a well-running survival server...

While I would love to see this, I don't think it will ever be added. It requires a lot of time and patience from staff and doesn't fit Cubecraft in my opinion. :/ Sorry

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
There would be currencies, meaning that the economy has to be extremely accurate in order to not crash.
No dude. No economies. Pure vanilla, savage 100%, where maps and F3 are your only friends.
I wouldn't allow griefing as that would cause people to leave due to their ruined work.
It's vanilla. You don't build pretty houses in vanilla, you build obsidian vaults and underground bases thousands of blocks from spawn.
It requires a lot of time and patience from staff and doesn't fit Cubecraft in my opinion
Oh so since when do other games "Fit cubecraft"? What is the standard for CCG?
I don't think it will ever be added
There's this thing called determination, you should buy some at the ambition store.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Would play. If it is technically possible to have many players on a single server without crazy lag (didn't work on the last vanilla server I played on).
The map would have to be HUGE, 1.000.000 blocks sounds ok.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I absolutely love survival but I'm not entirely sure if Cubecraft is the correct server for it.
CubeCraft can be whatever people want it to be. If we can get a decent playership or interest in it (I'm sure we will) I'm sure CCG will not mind :3

Reactions: zDutchie
N

Nikboo

Vanilla Minecraft
Now I know what you're thinking mate.
"BRUH I JUST GOT CLICKBAITED"
"THIS IS CRINGE"
"OHHH IT'S PINGYYY :3"
But think about it. Vanilla is a unique experience nowadays. Not so many "Big" servers have Vanilla, and its feelings and stories got less and less talked about.

You'd start your underground base
Get your friend, make a farm
Navigate the seas and find raids
Find new friends
New enemies

NEW PING ETHERS

And so much more...

Now, what are the cons of vanilla?
Vanilla is a really rudimental and simplistic gamemode, where one of the objectives is to raid people, for loot or for glory.

Now, getting raided might be taken sportly, or might be taken as a personal offence

This Ping Ether just sexually harassed me
That would cause a lot of hate between raided and raider.

And think about how easy it would be to code a vanilla server.

You just need to set a warp for the lobby menu, a /leave command (maybe with combatlog protection) and maybe some things like, heads drop, or something.

But I'm not sure, personally I'm not a developer, and considering vanilla = navigating, and navigating = more chunks generated, the world file would get really big. Now we only have a fixed about of servers we can purchase, ofc.

Tell me what you think, and make sure to share your ideas if you have anything to add to this post, wether it's a con or a pro!

Pls don't add grief protection though, I beg you!
@Skifby @MagnificentSpam @TheJeroen @tspacecat

I do see this a potentially great idea but I don't massively support it as there are quite a few negatives and positives.

Pros:

1) Would be fun to play with friends - Playing with friends on a survival grief server would be fun and it would be really cool to go hunting the ender dragon and raiding other people's bases. It would be more of a PvP style of survival which is cool.
2) It could be fun to grief and raid other bases - It's fun to steal and collect loot in such games.

Cons:

1) It seems a bit too simple / It doesn't work with the style of Cubecraft - Most of the games on Cubecraft are fun minigames where players can duel eachother. The games Cube currently have can be pretty complex to develop and they are unique. I don't really think that a survival grief all server fits with the general style as it is quite easy to make and they don't take much time at all.
2) A lot like factions - Factions is already coming out soon and the whole style or building bases and raiding them sounds a lot like it.
3) Messy World - So let's say 20, 000 different people play on this server within a period of one hour. During that hour, maybe around 2000 players would go onto this new game mode and play it. Also, there are borders within the worlds, so there are limits as to how far players could build! 2000 x 24 is 48, 000 players in one single (Maybe multiple worlds) which are expected to save and load next time with hundreds of builds on them. This would basically be a lag factory gamemode in my opinion.

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
Maybe this could be the next big project for Cube Craft after everything else. I think it would be really cool, but too similar to factions.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
1) It seems a bit too simple / It doesn't work with the style of Cubecraft - Most of the games on Cubecraft are fun minigames where players can duel eachother. The games Cube currently have can be pretty complex to develop and they are unique. I don't really think that a survival grief all server fits with the general style as it is quite easy to make and they don't take much time at all.
A Guitar hero-like game, a Minecraft Super Wario and Tower defence in general weren't "Cubecraft styled" until it fused with the chunk, tbh.
Don't get me wrong. I love those kind of minigames.
But I also think CCG can stand just a little bit of variety.
2) A lot like factions - Factions is already coming out soon and the whole style or building bases and raiding them sounds a lot like it.
No please. In factions you have big long fights, claiming bases, farming mobs, building giant obsidian cubes... This is not really like it, if you'd play vanilla you'd know that.
3) Messy World - So let's say 20, 000 different people play on this server within a period of one hour. During that hour, maybe around 2000 players would go onto this new game mode and play it. Also, there are borders within the worlds, so there are limits as to how far players could build! 2000 x 24 is 48, 000 players in one single (Maybe multiple worlds) which are expected to save and load next time with hundreds of builds on them. This would basically be a lag factory gamemode in my opinion.
In vanilla, people DIE unless they go underground far away. Chances to see a messy world are really slim, if you don't always stay around spawn.
but too similar to factions.
Is this a meme or something lel? This is a rather valid point but, vanilla is way different than factions IMHO.

Reactions: skifby

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Vanilla with command block add ons like most vanilla servers now or plain vanilla? :p
That's a good question!
Personally I find both of them to be entertaining, though I prefer having the normal, not command-based vanilla experience.
It's what kind of makes it unqiue, you don't rely on commands, but your skills on surviving ;)

Reactions: Power Ranger
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on Frontlane's profile.
welcome back :)
ElFlxen_ wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Felicidades!
ElFlxen_ wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats! and welcome back! :cubie2:
Top Bottom