Would you add Vanilla to CCG?

• YESSS YESSS YESS PINGY PAL

• NONONONO NO PINGY BUD

• pls change something tho idk

Results are only viewable after voting.

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
Besides the obviously controversial fact of adding of not adding a ./home and ./sethome, are there any other concerns? True, sometimes would be tough,but I think that in the long run it would be fun.

Reactions: Ping Ether

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
I seem to be the only one pointing this out to this extent, but doesn't this seem exactly like Factions?
The whole difference between Vanilla and Factions -in essence- is Grief Protection.
The only difference here is that theres no money.
No please. In factions you have big long fights, claiming bases, farming mobs, building giant obsidian cubes... This is not really like it, if you'd play vanilla you'd know that.
In this you would also have big long fights. How long do you think it would take before people got gear good enough to rival Factions gear?
No Grief Protection means claiming other peoples bases.
And of course in this mode you also build Obsidian cubes.
It's vanilla. You don't build pretty houses in vanilla, you build obsidian vaults and underground bases thousands of blocks from spawn.
The only thing you mentioned different from Factions is, like I said above, the fact that theres no money (mob farming).
Thats not enough of a reason to make a new game-mode.

Reactions: Thaus

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
While YOU're traveling there's more chance of YOU sneaking up on them o_O

A journey isn't that long IRL you know... It's not a problem... Also you don't have to do everything in one day. I mean, plan your stuffs.

You just take what you can in your inventory anyway, because that would need a /back too. And that, is not vanilla.

COORDSSSSS THEY SAVE YO' LIFEEE

Not everybody will build an under-lava nether base you know...

LOL!!! You're the one complaining about the lack of teleportation commands and now complain about it not being possible to do survival? HAHA Oh mate!
What is the point of having a survival server if you can't even make it fun for people that can't play very much? And plus, building under lava helps you to keep your base secret.
I seem to be the only one pointing this out to this extent, but doesn't this seem exactly like Factions?
The whole difference between Vanilla and Factions -in essence- is Grief Protection.

In this you would also have big long fights. How long do you think it would take before people got gear good enough to rival Factions gear?

The only thing you mentioned different from Factions is, like I said above, the fact that theres no money (mob farming).
says it all. You might as well say it has a faction server without commands.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Yeah it you find a base, you probably want to steal from it. With /home, you can actually steal from people rather than just taking like 5 things from that base.
You can also use enderchests to move items. Also 1.11 adds shulker shells. Btw. Does anyone know if you can put shulker shells in an ender chest? Because that way you could steal anything.

That are two differences already, and I think those will result in a totally different gameplay. Instead of building huge secure bases and farming resources it is more about exploring and hiding your stuff at different locations.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Besides the obviously controversial fact of adding of not adding a ./home and ./sethome, are there any other concerns? True, sometimes would be tough,but I think that in the long run it would be fun.
I mean, one of the points of Vanilla is that you have to do things the manual way, by yourself, without the help of /tp /heal /god and what not. Just you, and your experience with blocks. Now tell me if it seems "Survivalistic" to do /tpa or /sethome...

Aside from this, there are some complains about the gamemode in general because you know, people not knowing what vanilla is.
LOL Not really, claiming is a thing, raiding a base is another.
Not so early though. In factions you do it straight away, in vanilla you get geared up,find a diamond pick, mine enough obsidian, move your chests. Also usually obsidian only covers the outside, bases are in the inside, decorated and filled with farms and whatnot.
A new gam-gamemode?
Vanilla is just Minecraft. I don't get what you mean by "new gamemode"
Factions is just a different experience. An experience that some might not like, or prefer vanilla to it.
Every gamemode is just a mod of vanilla.

Factions is vanilla with:
You can't raid if people claimed the base unless you have a humongous cannon
You need to grind mobs for like 5 hours to buy another grinder and grind other 10 hours
Spend money on obsidian and make a base
Eventually raid some basess (if you manage to)
Mobs don't spawn
Repeat the process.

It's just such a different gamemode, the DEFAULT and ORIGINAL version of the game, and when did it became "a new game similar to factions"?

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
You can also use enderchests to move items. Also 1.11 adds shulker shells. Btw. Does anyone know if you can put shulker shells in an ender chest? Because that way you could steal anything.
Yes, you can. It's pretty dope.
That are two differences already, and I think those will result in a totally different gameplay.
OFC :D
Instead of building huge secure bases and faring resources it is more about exploring and hiding your stuff at different locations.
Love ya mate. Exploring in factions doesn't exist, as you can buy ANYTHING IN EXISTANCE by grinding at a generator...
You might as well say it has a faction server without commands
You might aswell say Factions is just vanilla with commands and less exploring
Cuz' you know
it's actually what it is.

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
That are two differences already
First of all, thats one difference.
By taking away the fact that Vanilla is supposed to have Grief Protection, you get one difference.
And, as I said, one difference is not enough of a reason to make a game mode.
...and I think those will result in a totally different gameplay. Instead of building huge secure bases and farming resources it is more about exploring and hiding your stuff at different locations.
I shouldn't say nobody, but the vast majority of players do not build huge secure bases in Factions. In fact, the second thing you said is closer to the truth. The majority of players hide there stuff in different locations underground.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Lies. In factions you don't do exploring or building bases (I mean, actually enjoyable bases, not obsidian blocks with spawner grinders)
It's so much different.
First of all, thats one difference.
You said:
No money
No grief protection
It's two, if I can count correctly.
I shouldn't say nobody, but the vast majority of players do not build huge secure bases in Factions.
That won't get you anywhere though. In vanilla you store those items in different locations because you're always exploring, unless you're working on your base/vault.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
I mean, one of the points of Vanilla is that you have to do things the manual way, by yourself, without the help of /tp /heal /god and what not. Just you, and your experience with blocks. Now tell me if it seems "Survivalistic" to do /tpa or /sethome...

Aside from this, there are some complains about the gamemode in general because you know, people not knowing what vanilla is.

Not so early though. In factions you do it straight away, in vanilla you get geared up,find a diamond pick, mine enough obsidian, move your chests. Also usually obsidian only covers the outside, bases are in the inside, decorated and filled with farms and whatnot.

A new gam-gamemode?
Factions is just a different experience. An experience that some might not like, or prefer vanilla to it.

Factions is vanilla with:
You can't raid if people claimed the base unless you have a humongous cannon
You need to grind mobs for like 5 hours to buy another grinder and grind other 10 hours
Spend money on obsidian and make a base
Eventually raid some basess (if you manage to)
Mobs don't spawn
Repeat the process.

It's just such a different gamemode, the DEFAULT and ORIGINAL version of the game, and when did it became "a new game similar to factions"?
Vanilla in a server is basically factions. What you are suggesting is vanilla without faction economy, and faction commands. First, no need for an obsidian safe cuz people can just easily break it. (NO COMMANDS!) Second, the main point of vanilla is to defeat the ender dragon. I do not see how you can add this on to a vanilla server. You steal things an explore. Ya might as well just open up a single player world and invite your friends to play. Your suggestion has nothing to do with vanilla except that it doesn't have commands. Plus, there is barely any differences for this to be another game. You might as well call it Modified Factions. Next, you are talking about exploring. Here is a hint: create a new world in single player. Voila! You can now explore! This would be pointless and isn't very original at all. P.S. your suggestion is nearly the same as "a mod of vanilla" as you called it.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Lies. In factions you don't do exploring or building bases (I mean, actually enjoyable bases, not obsidian blocks with spawner grinders)
It's so much different.

You said:
No money
No grief protection

That won't get you anywhere though. In vanilla you store those items in different locations because you're always exploring, unless you're working on your base/vault.
You store your things in different locations. You explore, take a few hours to get to a certain vault, only to realize that someone griefed you because you were gone for hours. Um, you can easily explore land in factions. If you don't like to well then that's your fault. Really, this could have been done in a singleplayer world and not in a server and the games in CCG are fine as is for now.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Vanilla in a server is basically factions. What you are suggesting is vanilla without faction economy, and faction commands.
Factions in a server is basically modded vanilla. What you're suggesting is vanilla. Because vanilla is what factions originates from.
First, no need for an obsidian safe cuz people can just easily break it.
You can't pretend always not to get raided. You hide your base, cover it with lava and water, there you go.
Second, the main point of vanilla is to defeat the ender dragon
Since when? Oh lol, since beta 1.0. But Minecraft in its base is exploring, building, fighting. There's no objective or point in Minecraft, to be honest, tje ender dragon is just a side thing to it. It always was. Don't bring up points that aren't true.
Ya might as well just open up a single player world and invite your friends to play
Oh if you like raiding friends I guess, ok. And if you feel the need to hide your things from them too.
Your suggestion has nothing to do with vanilla
I'm suggesting to add vanilla, aka Minecraft with "no mods" (mostly, maybe an anticheat) becuase I think its experience has been forgotten.
except that it doesn't have commands
U wot m8
Vanilla doesn't have commands in fact ;-;
That's why it's vanilla
it's got no extras
LOL YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT? OH LOL
You might as well call it Modified Factions
This. This makes no sense at all. Vanilla is the base Minecraft, without modifications: factions, skywars, all that comes after, is just modified vanilla. Minecraft wasn't born with factions. It used to be vanilla.
Next, you are talking about exploring. Here is a hint: create a new world in single player. Voila!
Uhhh, where's the player interaction? Oh lol, there isn't, as it's singleplayer -.- You need players in a Vanilla Multiplayer.... What is so hard to understand? Oh lol, you never played it.
This would be pointless and isn't very original at all
Most servers have forgotten about vanilla, it's one of the most original suggestions ever, at this points, where everyone is becoming a minigame server / plot creative.
You store your things in different locations. You explore, take a few hours to get to a certain vault, only to realize that someone griefed you because you were gone for hours. Um, you can easily explore land in factions. If you don't like to well then that's your fault. Really, this could have been done in a singleplayer world and not in a server and the games in CCG are fine as is for now.
You just don't get griefed out of nowhere... Also, I'm suggesting this. "CCG is fine as of now" yeah sure m8, let's never update a game or add a new (or old) mode, ok. Let's see how much the playerbase can stand.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Man, didn't expect so many people not to know what Vanilla is. There, men, I edited the original post, have a simple description you could have easily gotten from Google instead of assuming it's a new whole modded faction gamemode wannabe abomination. Jesus christ man.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Factions in a server is basically modded vanilla. What you're suggesting is vanilla. Because vanilla is what factions originates from.

You can't pretend always not to get raided. You hide your base, cover it with lava and water, there you go.

Since when? Oh lol, since beta 1.0. But Minecraft in its base is exploring, building, fighting. There's no objective or point in Minecraft, to be honest, tje ender dragon is just a side thing to it. It always was. Don't bring up points that aren't true.

Oh if you like raiding friends I guess, ok. And if you feel the need to hide your things from them too.

I'm suggesting to add vanilla, aka Minecraft with "no mods" (mostly, maybe an anticheat) becuase I think its experience has been forgotten.

U wot m8
Vanilla doesn't have commands in fact ;-;
That's why it's vanilla
it's got no extras
LOL YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT? OH LOL

This. This makes no sense at all. Vanilla is the base Minecraft, without modifications: factions, skywars, all that comes after, is just modified vanilla. Minecraft wasn't born with factions. It used to be vanilla.

Uhhh, where's the player interaction? Oh lol, there isn't, as it's singleplayer -.- You need players in a Vanilla Multiplayer.... What is so hard to understand? Oh lol, you never played it.

Most servers have forgotten about vanilla, it's one of the most original suggestions ever, at this points, where everyone is becoming a minigame server / plot creative.

You just don't get griefed out of nowhere... Also, I'm suggesting this. "CCG is fine as of now" yeah sure m8, let's never update a game or add a new (or old) mode, ok. Let's see how much the playerbase can stand.
you kinda made the thing boring. If the purpose is to explore without anything else with hopes that a base will pop up for you to raid, no thanks. Are you dumb? Exploring can be done by yourself lol. There is a reason almost no one plays single player minecraft and that is because it is boring like a piece of hair. Your vanilla isn't vanilla. Yes, it doesn't have commands but griefing and looting isn't part of vanilla is it? You can't actually do anything without a bunch of griefing. It would cause too much lag, no space for you to do anything, and no place to explore. You can't explore if there is nothing to explore. If there is 2k people per day, imagine how much of the landscape would be gone. Without commands, idk how it would be possible for you to come back to your home without it being seen then looted. If you look at the size of this server, vanilla might not be the best idea, unless a few MINOR changes are made. Also, it seems like you are acting rude and you need to stop that please.

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
I'm not going to vote for a new game mode because of the very slight difference between overriding claims and griefing bases.
Again, I don't know why I would vote for a new game mode because of a time difference in getting Obsidian.
A new gam-gamemode?
Why is the term "game mode" even around if
?
If you want to call EggWars a "Mod of Vanilla" instead of a "game mode", be my guest.
Lies. In factions you don't do exploring or building bases
In Factions, of course you go exploring.
Ever heard of Base Hunting?
(I mean, actually enjoyable bases, not obsidian blocks with spawner grinders)
Are you serious?
You don't build pretty houses in vanilla,
A little extreme to be calling that lies.
You said:
No money
No grief protection
Theres no grief protection in Factions either.
Thats one, if I can can count correctly.
Of course it does.
In Factions, you never store your items in the same location.
If you do that, you obviously don't care about your items at all.
And what do you think you're doing in Factions all day?
Unless you're a hoarder, you're obviously exploring for bases.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I'm not going to vote for a new game mode because of the very slight difference between overriding claims and griefing bases.
It's not the only difference.
Again, I don't know why I would vote for a new game mode because of a time difference in getting Obsidian.
It's not ;-; oh well
In Factions, of course you go exploring.
Ever heard of Base Hunting?
It's different from resource gathering and caving.
Theres no grief protection in Factions either.
Claiming bases kind of protects you from raiding. Kind of.
Of course it does.
In Factions, you never store your items in the same location.
If you do that, you obviously don't care about your items at all.
And what do you think you're doing in Factions all day?
Unless you're a hoarder, you're obviously exploring for bases.
Not so many people do it though...

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
@Ping Ether I have no idea how you wright so fast it is amazing.

I think this is a very nice idea.

Maybe cubecraft can have a hole new sever that is based for vanilla.

You are correct, the coding is not to hard if your a professional dev.

Al-tho cubecrfat is way to much of an organized sever to have 2 sever.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
@Ping Ether I have no idea how you wright so fast it is amazing.

I think this is a very nice idea.

Maybe cubecraft can have a hole new sever that is based for vanilla.

You are correct, the coding is not to hard if your a professional dev.

Al-tho cubecrfat is way to much of an organized sever to have 2 sever.
  1. I have skills
  2. I know
  3. Might be, as it's only one MC world.
  4. Maybe.
  5. Cubecraft also has parallel Eggwars and Skywars 1.8 servers.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Hey, I just had an idea that sound good in my head, but its almost 2.30 and I really need to sleep so it might not be that great.
People say that factions and vanilla are too similar to both be added. So why not make a single lobby for both of them, like for Team- and Solo Eggwars or for Duels and FFA. That way it looks organized and fits into cubecrafts style imo.

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
Hey, I just had an idea that sound good in my head, but its almost 2.30 and I really need to sleep so it might not be that great.
People say that factions and vanilla are too similar to both be added. So why not make a single lobby for both of them, like for Team- and Solo Eggwars or for Duels and FFA. That way it looks organized and fits into cubecrafts style imo.
Sounds good to me.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This sure didn’t age well, XD
Xi1m wrote on EGG_BOCZOIN's profile.
are you speedrunning compliments for every staff member
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on AnolTongi's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on camulos's profile.
Pro Desginer :D
Top Bottom