Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2017
I'm building a fan map, and i have questions.
1. Can I use newer blocks or do I stick to 1.8 blocks?
2. How do i submit fan maps to the admins?
3. Theme suggestions?

Reactions: yarisars
F

Facelurite

Excuse me if I'm so salty but are you saying I shouldn't make maps because some kid doesn't know how to make maps? I was hoping an answer that helps me. *pouring salt into coffee*
Im saying they dont accept maps because people dont know how to make good maps , even if they look good . Generally , gameplay wise they are terrible

Jul 31, 2017
Im saying they dont accept maps because people dont know how to make good maps , even if they look good . Generally , gameplay wise they are terrible
Ah, well that sucks, i did try to make my map while keeping gameplay in mind .-. Well too bad then. *Changes gender to salt mine*

Reactions: yarisars

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
I'm building a fan map, and i have questions.
1. Can I use newer blocks or do I stick to 1.8 blocks?
2. How do i submit fan maps to the admins?
3. Theme suggestions?
There was a special section for it called Maps Submission but it got closed a few months ago as people used to submit maps which were not good at all and if that map was accepted, Builders had to edit it anyway because there were some designs which weren't related to Cubecraft's style or were necessary to make it look good and fine, so this technically was for them (Builders) like making a new map from 0.
A fun fact is there were some people who submited their maps and they were taken from Google.

So yeah... although you're making a map for this server, I doubt it will be accepted :/

Otherwise, if you still want to create that map just for fun, do it and post it here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/minecraft-creations.22/ :P

Reactions: Gatsbe

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Because the community makes bad maps like minions
Because you made a map submission that was accepted?
You can't just bash other people's stuff when you haven't done 1 of them yourself
A fun fact is there were some people who submited their maps and they were taken from Google.
There were also a lot of them that weren't
Just saying

Yes the map submissions were closed but there is a slight chance they will start accepting these maps

F

Facelurite

Because you made a map submission that was accepted?
You can't just bash other people's stuff when you haven't done 1 of them yourself

Lmao i dont need to be able to cook to tell that the food is awful. Same case here.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Lmao i dont need to be able to cook to tell that the food is awful. Same case here.
not at all the same case
since it isn't like you are just going to go up to a restaurant owner for example and just say your food is the absolute worst and nobody would ever eat it (unless you're Gordon Ramsay) also your example is different and has different contexts
now switch it up to an example that is actually similar you are in a restaurant that has very VERY specific regulations and only the best of food by the chef can actually be served they make it

you just go up to them say your food is the absolute worst even though you can't cook a thing (that is also making you more hypocritical)

there are differences between the 3 in
A not necessarily knowing the person
B only having so few chosen
and C actually bashing them
D you chose salty

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Despite all other chat in this forum suggestion, I'll try my best to answer to the best of my knowledge.
Many maps, mostly Sky Wars and Egg Wars, are user-submitted.
The builders, based on if they actually do accept your map, might add a bit of tweaks and different add-ins.
The maps that are used are pretty much kid friendly, and are fun, with twists and turns and profound detail.
So, I think if your map is pretty good, you can try to message a builder or head staff to try out.
You can also contact them on Discord and Teamspeak, if they are online.
Good luck, and I hope this information was good for you!

F

Facelurite

not at all the same case
since it isn't like you are just going to go up to a restaurant owner for example and just say your food is the absolute worst and nobody would ever eat it (unless you're Gordon Ramsay) also your example is different and has different contexts
now switch it up to an example that is actually similar you are in a restaurant that has very VERY specific regulations and only the best of food by the chef can actually be served they make it

you just go up to them say your food is the absolute worst even though you can't cook a thing (that is also making you more hypocritical)

there are differences between the 3 in
A not necessarily knowing the person
B only having so few chosen
and C actually bashing them
D you chose salty

First off , of coure we dont know whether this guy can build well or not . Just saying why thu dont accept maps anymore. Minions was a beautiful map but awful gameplay wise

And btw , i can cook . Just saying that you dont beed to be able to do something better than anyone else to be able to judge it .

And perhaps , maybe i can build a map? Havent tried , im good at terraforming . Probably wont tho

WTH I WAS THINKING ABOUT CHAINGING MY NAME TO GORDON RAMSAY

ᴀᴜsᴛɪɴ

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2017
Canada, BC,
You Can't A Map You Built Of Your Own, If You Do Wish To Submit Your Map To The Admins @Tacosbefriends
Also It Is Very Likely You Will Not Be Accepted To It As I Have Tried Multiple Times And It Didn't Work!
Thanks!
FactionsAustin

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
You cant .
Actually, you can! Before I was staff, I built the Western and (unused) Venice maps for Hide and Seek and both were accepted, and several other members have had their maps considered as well. My advice to you is to post pictures/videos of your creations in the Minecraft Creations sub-forum, and if it's up to our standards, we'll give it a look!

To answer your questions, we usually don't use 1.9+ blocks in order to make 1.8 maps work.

Make it penguin-themed!

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Actually, you can! Before I was staff, I built the Western and (unused) Venice maps for Hide and Seek and both were accepted, and several other members have had their maps considered as well. My advice to you is to post pictures/videos of your creations in the Minecraft Creations sub-forum, and if it's up to our standards, we'll give it a look!

To answer your questions, we usually don't use 1.9+ blocks in order to make 1.8 maps work.

Make it penguin-themed!
I thought that when they removed the map suggestion forum that was the end of user submitted maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom