Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
View attachment 134056

Hello CubeCrafters!

Today, we’re releasing an eggcelent EggWars update! This update is heavily built around the features that you as a community have requested.

Better Shop
The Villager Shop has been useful but the old villager has been fired. We're replaced him with Ben, the new villager in charge of selling you resources at your time of need. Finding items you want is now a lot quicker and the layout should be much easier to find that sword you need before someone destroys your egg, not after!

“But I preferred the old shop!?!?1”
OK ok... We didn't fire the old villager, we just swapped him out. Should you want to use the older version of the shop you can choose to switch back for specific categories in the shop settings. Simple. If you prefer the new version for armour but the old version for blocks you can do that.

One other issue that players had when purchasing items in a hurry was the accidental bulk buy. We've all been there, when you shift click on a leather cap and end up with 60 of them. Well no more! We've added a simple feature that buys certain items one at a time or in set quantities for items like blocks and food.

Shop Items
Ender Pearls, Ender Pearls, Ender Pearls… They’ve been quite a topic of discussion, and after an amazing one sided poll, we’ve chosen to add Ender Pearls into EggWars. (Normal mode, Normal items).

The punch bow (OF DOOM) has also been quite a hot topic, so we’ve also decided to bump the price of the bow to 25 diamonds, to help reduce camping and make it more of an "end of game" item. (Normal mode, Normal items).

Better Generators

We felt like upgrading our generators. The signs were… *meh*... We felt that they could do with an improvement to help make them stand out, so that’s what we did! Generators now display an awesome animated image showing their status.

We also heard your complaints that there are always players who just be hog the generators, preventing others getting any resources… So we made some changes, we call it "APSS" or Awesome Produce Sharing System. If two people are standing next to a generator, the produce of it will be evenly split between them. No more: “Y U GET ALL THE IRON (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻”

Respawning
Anyone else had that annoying time trying to break an egg, where the player on their island keeps respawning, and trying to kill you with nothing but their fist, but the grace period means you can’t hit them? Do not fear! We’ve added a respawn timer. This means that for 3 seconds after you die, you’re a spectator. This gives you as a player trying to break an egg, a chance to get in there and destroy it without annoying players trying to kill you every other second. After you’ve respawned, we’ve kept the grace period, however it’s slightly different… :eek: The grace period will last for 10 seconds, however if during these 10 seconds you choose to hit someone, you loose your invulnerability.

Maps
Build team says “Hello”!

Also, they gave me these… o_O

Speed - Boldore (Team)
Rock and roll and get fighting!
View attachment 134035

Speed - Troy (Team)
You and this map... I ship it! I don't care, i ship it!
View attachment 134037

Speed - Olimpo (Solo)
If you don't like this map... our apollo-gees
View attachment 134038

Huts (Team)
Jabba would feel at home here
View attachment 134041

Construction (Solo)
What a re-construction!
View attachment 134042

Summary
So generally, there’s quite a lot of small changes that we’ve made in this update (as you can see by the oversized changelog below). We hope you enjoy the update and we’re open to all suggestions!

We also have a sale going on at the moment at https://store.cubecraft.net/ so feel free to hop over there and get yourself a cheeky rank. ;)

• Teams without players don’t have eggs.
  • Solo games now display that a player won, rather than the team colour.
  • Removed speed effect from Speed EggWars.
  • Generators now share their produce between the players nearby.
  • Added a 3 second respawn timer.
  • You’re now invincible for 10 seconds after respawning, however this is instantly removed if you hit someone.
  • Armour is now coloured to match your team’s colour
  • Sandstone has been replaced with stained clay, and glass with stained glass, which matches the colour of your team.
  • Removed glowstone due to it being useless.
  • The main page in the shop now has a better layout.
  • Death messages are now more fancy.
  • You can place blocks directly onto eggs, no more annoying “you cannot break your own egg”
  • Generators now have awesome looking images above them. They look so much better than boring signs!
  • Emerald shop items have been edited to better fit the mode you’re in.
  • Emerald generators now work with players in a larger range.
  • The progress of an Emerald generator goes down slower when there is nobody nearby.
  • Knockback items have been removed from map specific items.
  • The price of the punch bow has been increased from 12 diamonds to 25 diamonds.
  • Text above the shop has been changed to match the style we use in other places.
  • A new shop design which enables quicker shopping, you can still use the old version by swapping to classic mode (This can be done in the settings menu in the bottom right of the shop).
  • Shift clicking in a villager trading menu, will no longer fill your inventory full of items that do not stack.
  • Shift clicking on certain items in the quick shop, will purchase as many of that item as that you can afford.
  • When upgrading a generator currency is removed from the smallest stack. This means your inventory is not cluttered with half sized stacks.
  • The level at which blocks are allowed to be placed has been raised to help prevent camping under maps.
  • The colour of the fireworks when you upgrade a generator now match the colour of the currency.
  • Added highly requested Ender Pearls into normal mode, normal items for 64 diamonds
  • Changed the message when you can’t afford to upgrade a generator to tell you how much of a resource you need.
  • Nerfed Golden Shell kit by removing golden helmet and golden leggings.
  • Updated outdated sign information in the pre-lobby.
  • In the pre-lobby changed bedrock to wool colours under the eggs.
  • Tweaked armour stands in the main lobby.
  • Speed EggWars:
    • Added solo map: Olimpo
    • Added 2 team map: Troy, Boldore
  • Normal EggWars
    • Added team map: Huts
    • Made the middle larger and flatter in UnderDaSea and lowered starting gold generator from 2 to 1
    • Removed team map: Minions
    • Added Solo map: Revamped Construction, Lower played count from 12 to 8. Lowered cranes and put them on an angle, added more land mass to middle, moved all gens on starter island so they’re in one area, moved islands closer together.

Thx for running Egg Wars
Cya

Reactions: CommandantSlime

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Honestly, this is my least favorite update. Some of the features are cool but at the cost of other features which I don't like. Here's a list of the ones I don't like:

"Added a 3 second respawn timer."

"You’re now invincible for 10 seconds after respawning, however this is instantly removed if you hit someone."

"Sandstone has been replaced with stained clay, and glass with stained glass, which matches the colour of your team."

"Removed glowstone due to it being useless."

"The price of the punch bow has been increased from 12 diamonds to 25 diamonds."

"Added highly requested Ender Pearls into normal mode, normal items for 64 diamonds"

I don't know if I still want to play eggwars after this update. I love the game, but there are some features in this update that totally ruin it for me. Eggwars is even more like bedwars now, and I really don't like bedwars. I want the games to be different, not the same. I'm really sad, as eggwars was one of my favorite games...

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Honestly, this is my least favorite update. Some of the features are cool but at the cost of other features which I don't like. Here's a list of the ones I don't like:

"Added a 3 second respawn timer."

"You’re now invincible for 10 seconds after respawning, however this is instantly removed if you hit someone."

"Sandstone has been replaced with stained clay, and glass with stained glass, which matches the colour of your team."

"Removed glowstone due to it being useless."

"The price of the punch bow has been increased from 12 diamonds to 25 diamonds."

"Added highly requested Ender Pearls into normal mode, normal items for 64 diamonds"

I don't know if I still want to play eggwars after this update. I love the game, but there are some features in this update that totally ruin it for me. Eggwars is even more like bedwars now, and I really don't like bedwars. I want the games to be different, not the same. I'm really sad, as eggwars was one of my favorite games...

1) I don't see anything wrong with respawn timer. It gives the player who's trying to break the egg a chance to actually break it. You can come prepare, but that doesn't work out in most games. Most maps have the player spawn near the egg, making it almost impossible. Especially in teams.

2) What's wrong with this? I don't need somebody punching (or using a sword) me to death while I can't even retaliate.

3) This I don't really like.

4) Has anyone used glow stone for any good reason? The block was pretty pointless.

5) You are aware of the other threads about this, so I guess you know why.

6) Yet again, you probably know why from the threads you responded to.

Otherwise, I don't really see how this game is ruined. But if you don't want to play Eggwars, it's totally up to you. You might even accept the change in a while.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
1) I don't see anything wrong with respawn timer. It gives the player who's trying to break the egg a chance to actually break it. You can come prepare, but that doesn't work out in most games. Most maps have the player spawn near the egg, making it almost impossible. Especially in teams.

2) What's wrong with this? I don't need somebody punching (or using a sword) me to death while I can't even retaliate.

3) This I don't really like.

4) Has anyone used glow stone for any good reason? The block was pretty pointless.

5) You are aware of the other threads about this, so I guess you know why.

6) Yet again, you probably know why from the threads you responded to.

Otherwise, I don't really see how this game is ruined. But if you don't want to play Eggwars, it's totally up to you. You might even accept the change in a while.

Glowstone was nice for lighting long tunnels from island to island. I'm fine without it, but I still liked having it.

Yea, I've made my opinion on upping the price of punch bows and adding e-pearls pretty clear.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
View attachment 134056

Hello CubeCrafters!

Today, we’re releasing an eggcelent EggWars update! This update is heavily built around the features that you as a community have requested.

Better Shop
The Villager Shop has been useful but the old villager has been fired. We're replaced him with Ben, the new villager in charge of selling you resources at your time of need. Finding items you want is now a lot quicker and the layout should be much easier to find that sword you need before someone destroys your egg, not after!

“But I preferred the old shop!?!?1”
OK ok... We didn't fire the old villager, we just swapped him out. Should you want to use the older version of the shop you can choose to switch back for specific categories in the shop settings. Simple. If you prefer the new version for armour but the old version for blocks you can do that.

One other issue that players had when purchasing items in a hurry was the accidental bulk buy. We've all been there, when you shift click on a leather cap and end up with 60 of them. Well no more! We've added a simple feature that buys certain items one at a time or in set quantities for items like blocks and food.

Shop Items
Ender Pearls, Ender Pearls, Ender Pearls… They’ve been quite a topic of discussion, and after an amazing one sided poll, we’ve chosen to add Ender Pearls into EggWars. (Normal mode, Normal items).

The punch bow (OF DOOM) has also been quite a hot topic, so we’ve also decided to bump the price of the bow to 25 diamonds, to help reduce camping and make it more of an "end of game" item. (Normal mode, Normal items).

Better Generators

We felt like upgrading our generators. The signs were… *meh*... We felt that they could do with an improvement to help make them stand out, so that’s what we did! Generators now display an awesome animated image showing their status.

We also heard your complaints that there are always players who just be hog the generators, preventing others getting any resources… So we made some changes, we call it "APSS" or Awesome Produce Sharing System. If two people are standing next to a generator, the produce of it will be evenly split between them. No more: “Y U GET ALL THE IRON (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻”

Respawning
Anyone else had that annoying time trying to break an egg, where the player on their island keeps respawning, and trying to kill you with nothing but their fist, but the grace period means you can’t hit them? Do not fear! We’ve added a respawn timer. This means that for 3 seconds after you die, you’re a spectator. This gives you as a player trying to break an egg, a chance to get in there and destroy it without annoying players trying to kill you every other second. After you’ve respawned, we’ve kept the grace period, however it’s slightly different… :eek: The grace period will last for 10 seconds, however if during these 10 seconds you choose to hit someone, you loose your invulnerability.

Maps
Build team says “Hello”!

Also, they gave me these… o_O

Speed - Boldore (Team)
Rock and roll and get fighting!
View attachment 134035

Speed - Troy (Team)
You and this map... I ship it! I don't care, i ship it!
View attachment 134037

Speed - Olimpo (Solo)
If you don't like this map... our apollo-gees
View attachment 134038

Huts (Team)
Jabba would feel at home here
View attachment 134041

Construction (Solo)
What a re-construction!
View attachment 134042

Summary
So generally, there’s quite a lot of small changes that we’ve made in this update (as you can see by the oversized changelog below). We hope you enjoy the update and we’re open to all suggestions!

We also have a sale going on at the moment at https://store.cubecraft.net/ so feel free to hop over there and get yourself a cheeky rank. ;)

• Teams without players don’t have eggs.
  • Solo games now display that a player won, rather than the team colour.
  • Removed speed effect from Speed EggWars.
  • Generators now share their produce between the players nearby.
  • Added a 3 second respawn timer.
  • You’re now invincible for 10 seconds after respawning, however this is instantly removed if you hit someone.
  • Armour is now coloured to match your team’s colour
  • Sandstone has been replaced with stained clay, and glass with stained glass, which matches the colour of your team.
  • Removed glowstone due to it being useless.
  • The main page in the shop now has a better layout.
  • Death messages are now more fancy.
  • You can place blocks directly onto eggs, no more annoying “you cannot break your own egg”
  • Generators now have awesome looking images above them. They look so much better than boring signs!
  • Emerald shop items have been edited to better fit the mode you’re in.
  • Emerald generators now work with players in a larger range.
  • The progress of an Emerald generator goes down slower when there is nobody nearby.
  • Knockback items have been removed from map specific items.
  • The price of the punch bow has been increased from 12 diamonds to 25 diamonds.
  • Text above the shop has been changed to match the style we use in other places.
  • A new shop design which enables quicker shopping, you can still use the old version by swapping to classic mode (This can be done in the settings menu in the bottom right of the shop).
  • Shift clicking in a villager trading menu, will no longer fill your inventory full of items that do not stack.
  • Shift clicking on certain items in the quick shop, will purchase as many of that item as that you can afford.
  • When upgrading a generator currency is removed from the smallest stack. This means your inventory is not cluttered with half sized stacks.
  • The level at which blocks are allowed to be placed has been raised to help prevent camping under maps.
  • The colour of the fireworks when you upgrade a generator now match the colour of the currency.
  • Added highly requested Ender Pearls into normal mode, normal items for 64 diamonds
  • Changed the message when you can’t afford to upgrade a generator to tell you how much of a resource you need.
  • Nerfed Golden Shell kit by removing golden helmet and golden leggings.
  • Updated outdated sign information in the pre-lobby.
  • In the pre-lobby changed bedrock to wool colours under the eggs.
  • Tweaked armour stands in the main lobby.
  • Speed EggWars:
    • Added solo map: Olimpo
    • Added 2 team map: Troy, Boldore
  • Normal EggWars
    • Added team map: Huts
    • Made the middle larger and flatter in UnderDaSea and lowered starting gold generator from 2 to 1
    • Removed team map: Minions
    • Added Solo map: Revamped Construction, Lower played count from 12 to 8. Lowered cranes and put them on an angle, added more land mass to middle, moved all gens on starter island so they’re in one area, moved islands closer together.
So hyped to try this out!
Nice job cubecraft! The update is amazing :)
Can't wait to grab my friends and hop in-game to try it out!

Jossue

Jul 25, 2016
United States
This update is absolutely amazing! I'm in love with this update, eggwars is my favorite game and it was improved. I like how the system is now more balanced then before and how easy it is now to buy stuff with the villanger. Thanks for your hard work and for this great update.

Merk

Nov 24, 2016
Speed wars without speed ? That's like removing the egg from egg wars! I just don't get why that needed to be done as there is still normal mode for others and i hate the respawn time because if a full iron player comes to your island you have no chance to defend your egg as he just 2 shots you instantly and you lose. As for the shop layout that I like and I think the signs for the generators is okay not the best and the stained colors it ehh.Im neutral on it but for now I'll just stick to playing tower defense instead of egg wars

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

Construction (Solo)
What a re-construction!
View attachment 134042

giphy.gif

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom