• I dislike the idea and i don't want another variation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Poll responses from last (deleted) thread on eggwars (+ the responses from this thread):

Yes: 26 (+12 ==> 38 (64%)
No: 9 (+7 ==> 16 (26,2%)
Maybe: 4 (+1 ==> 5 (8,4%)
I don't know: 0 (+1 ==> 1 (1,4%)

(Completed updated version, originating from the 'Eggwars' section)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello people of CubeCraft!

So listen up. I came up with a concept for a different Gamemode variation for Eggwars that i myself consider to be pretty neat and would definitely consider trying out / playing with. I'll try to explain it clearly (even though it really isn't that complicated, which makes it thus the more great!). I'm sharing this because, firstly, i believe it's about damn time for something new and fresh again, i mean there are more and more people nowadays who claim that Eggwars is getting boring and people seem to be wanting something new

And secondly, cause this might have some potential and isn't that hard to implement in the current system of Eggwars Teams (either Normal or Speed, doesn't matter, same for both).

(I do advice you to read the whole thing beforehand, to prevent yourself from looking stupid/silly if you're going to comment on this and show your thoughts/opinions on it)

Let me first start off with the things this concept could offer
Things that this could offer!:

• many possibilities regarding team design (making 4 teams each made out of 2 teams / making 3 teams each made out of 3 teams / making 2 teams each made out of 5 teams / making 6 teams each made out of 2 teams. Etc. Etc.).
  • A nice new, fresh air to the current team system that would possibly make for an interesting, fun and dynamic new gamemode played in a different manner (strategic wise for example) compared to Normal Eggwars. Especially with the additional ideas i've been able to add through the feedback i've received.
  • (An interesting and cool final deathmatch between the winning islands of the winning team.)
  • (More added strategic ways of playing the game due to added minor buffs to each island in a team. This should make the game more interesting, fun and dynamic!)

So. Here's the idea:

Very short version: allied teams

Longer more explained version:

NAME (IDEAS): 'Allies' or 'Mega Teams' / 'Squads' / 'Eggwars Elites' / 'Crossteam mode' (just thinking of a cool name now, Staff could perhaps come up with a better more original name if they feel like it).

-(JUST READ THE UNDERLINED SENTENCES IF YOU DON'T NEED ALL THE EXPLAINING)-

CONCEPT: Same setup as with Normal Team Eggwars, only now, individual seperate teams are allied, but still stay seperate teams each with their own egg, (So a team with 2 eggs basically, or more, depending on the amount of teams making up one team). what i mean by that is that for example on the map Aztec (where you have 6 vs 6 vs 6 vs 6), you could have 6 - 6 vs 6 - 6, so le'ts say Yellow and Blue vs Red and Green. Simple as that.

In this scenario it's basically turned the gamemode 'Teams' into a gamemode with 'Teams' and 'Squads'. Going back to my example, Aztec; here it would mean that the seperate team of 6 would be a so called 'squad' and the combination of those 2 squads (so 2 seperate teams, 6 + 6 = 12 players) would be the real 'team'.

Now, instead of just combining 2 teams, you could also go a little more crazy and make a team consisting of 3 seperate teams (or more)!, This could work especially well on big maps divided in multiple smaller teams (prefered maps would be: big maps with 9 or 12 seperate teams for making a team out of 3 separate teams of course) I believe this 'crossteam mode' would be a great idea for already existing big maps like Teaparty/Mushrooms/Dwarven/Garden/Haunted or maybe even newly made customized maps designed specifically for this new team setup.

Now one thing of note would be that the seperate teams that form the real, bigger teams should keep having their own egg, making the gamemode/gameplay more interesting, otherwise it’s also kind of the same as just having a few big teams. Nonono, the interesting part in this idea lies in the fact that, to eliminate one team, you’ll have to take out each seperate ‘squad’ (each with their own egg) of that team to completely eliminate the team. So like i explained here, you can pretty much say this is exactly like crossteaming, only now, it’s legal and actually encouraged. Now of course it’s somewhat annoying to go up against crossteamers on your own, but this changes when you’re crossteamed yourself with other teams aswell, so get the idea of 'crossteaming is bad!!1!' out of your head.

Examples:
Teaparty: (40players total) (has 8 teams of 5players): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
Mushrooms: (40players total) (has 8 teams of 5players): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
Storm: (24players total) (has 12 teams of 2): 6 teams of 2 teams / 3 teams of 4 teams / 2 teams of 6
Pizza: (16players total) (has 8 teams of 2): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
I'll stop now.

I do have to say though that for this gamemode to work at its best, we'll need more big maps divided into small teams

POSSIBLE PROBLEMS WITH THIS IDEA AND FIXES TO THEM:
- Not being able to recognize well who your allies and enemies are

Fix: Give everyone in one team very similiar colours. Put some kind of scoreboard up that makes it easier to distinguish. Give players a tag above their heads showing the team they belong to.

- Toxic players breaking egg defenses of other allied islands

Fix: not found yet. Possible fix could be that only the members of the island of that given egg could break the blocks placed around the egg, not the other islands of the team. Although i think this might cause frustrating situations and inconveniences. Then again, is this really a big deal? They're in Normal Teams and Speed Teams aswell. Besides, how often do you even encounter really toxic players, i personally, not so often. If it is a problem, i think it might just be something that we have to accept, i mean we could also accept it with other games/gamemodes, this should be no exception in that regard. They're unfortunately, part of the game.

- Grand scale camping

Fix: No punch bow/very expensive punch bows; diamond gens only at mid/no diamond gens at bases; slightly cheaper enderpearls (48 diamonds for example).

EXTRA (MORE IN DEPTH) POTENTIAL ADDITIONAL IDEAS:
- The last remaining winning team fights it out. The islands (that remained) of the team that survived and won, fight it out. The winning island of this fight gains extra points, while the lost islands (of the winning team, aside from the islands that died off before the team won) still receive a good amount of points for being on the winning team.

Sidenote: the final deathmatch between the winning islands needs to be balanced in some way gear wise. If the islands would fight it out with their own gear they made in the game it could cause islands of the same team to sabotage each other (breaking their allies' bridges for example) to prevent their fellow islands from becoming too well geared so they might have the advantage gear wise when they fight in the island deatmatch. My suggestion would be: delete all items and in turn give them equal gear and items. This would prevent sabotage between allied islands and would also prevent the fight from potentially being one sided.

I'd make this deathmatch between the winning islands more fast paced since it should be seen more as a sort of 'extra event' for bonus points and not the main thing of the game (imo). The means through i would make it more fast paced could be stuff like: speed pots, delete the eggs so everyone has only one life, give crazy items like enderpearls, fireballs and eggs that would generate bridges to the point you throw them (hypixel eggs from bedwars), give strong weapons and weaker armor. A suggestion for the transition into this deathmatch is to teleport all the players still alive, of the still standing islands, of the winning team, to their base the moment the team kills the other teams and wins and then start it from there (maybe even: teleport players to a deathmatch arena and remove the whole 'have to bridge to the other island' aspect all together).

I'm not too sure myself yet which option i prefer so i will leave this for Cubecraft to decide on.

- Each squad/island gets their own strengths and or their own items to purchase, therefore each island/squad could play it in a smart strategic way according to their own strenghts.

if i were to include this in my idea, i would keep the strenghts of each island minor, Also, as much as i want this to feel new and fresh and have a different dynamic to it, i also want to keep it somewhat simple and not too complicated. So perhaps some minor tweaks, maybe some item cost changes (have one squad be able to buy blocks and food cheaper), or some weapon buffs (Sharpness 1 on every weapon you buy, swords and axes), or even an island where everyone is given some permanent potion effect (like Haste 1), the more i think about it, the more potential i can see in it. This could for example be something that could be an extra thing that could be voted for, or be the same as with kits and that you can buy them (although the buffs then become more individual, so not too sure about that).

CONCLUSION:
Things that this new gamemode variation could offer!:

• many possibilities regarding team design (making 4 teams each made out of 2 teams / making 3 teams each made out of 3 teams / making 2 teams each made out of 5 teams / making 6 teams each made out of 2 teams. Etc. Etc.).
  • A nice new, fresh air to the current team system that would possibly make for an interesting, fun and dynamic new gamemode played in a different manner (strategic wise for example) compared to Normal Eggwars. Especially with the additional ideas i've been able to add through the feedback i've received.
  • (An interesting and cool final deathmatch between the winning islands of the winning team.)
  • (More added strategic ways of playing the game due to added minor buffs to each island in a team. This should make the game more interesting, fun and dynamic!)
So.
Cubecraft...What are you waiting for?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my long take/explanation on my idea :)

Please leave your opinions down below on this, i’m curious to hear what you all think of this.

Also if you have any questions about it or things that aren’t clear for you, feel free to ask

(just added 2 more poll choices)

Even though i stated my idea to be 'completed', i will still be welcoming feedback and ideas, the likelyhood of me doing anything with it has gotten smaller though.

This post will keep being updated with the latest feedback/ideas received for atleast 10 days, so if you want to stay tuned with the future developments of this idea then be sure to revisit this thread/post!

- If you maybe have anything to add to the idea yourself, please, feel free to share! i'm open to any tips or ideas that will potentially improve it. -

Lastly, DONT FORGET TO VOTE!

(If you vote 'no' i would really appreciate it if you would let me know why you chose it so i could maybe improve my idea with that info)

~FartiliciousManChild

(a.k.a. Epicfartofdoom (in game))

Last edited:

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
ugh to much text. ugh way to much
-(JUST READ THE UNDERLINED SENTENCES IF YOU DON'T NEED ALL THE EXPLAINING)-
stop complaining pls thnx k bye

Overall: Great idea, absolutely love it. Shouldn't be that hard to code, could only attract more players. Can't see a major downside. Please add this.
- Not being able to recognize well who your allies and enemies are
Making them bold would also fix this
- Toxic players breaking egg defenses of other allied islands
This won't be unique to this gamemode, it already is happening in teams (although rarely, so I doubt it will often occur on your suggested gamemode as well). Otherwise just record and report you know the drill. Bonus point: If this actually did happen more frequently then you got helper wannabes on your side since they want more reports. Win - Win.
- Grand scale camping
Doubt this will happen. Usually large teams --> less camping. Ex. Rome and Mansion (camp-free basically) vs Forest (pretty common to encounter campers)

So, nope, there aren't really any problems that I could find.
- The last remaining winning team fights it out.
- Each squad/island gets their own strengths and weaknesses or their own items to purchase,

Meh not really in for these, let's just aim for the main thing first.

Big fat +1
Pretty good suggestion so @Camezonda you might want to take a look at this. Thanks in advance.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed

Overall: Great idea, absolutely love it. Shouldn't be that hard to code, could only attract more players. Can't see a major downside. Please add this.

This won't be unique to this gamemode, it already is happening in teams (although rarely, so I doubt it will often occur on your suggested gamemode as well). Otherwise just record and report you know the drill. Bonus point: If this actually did happen more frequently then you got helper wannabes on your side since they want more reports. Win - Win.

Doubt this will happen. Usually large teams --> less camping. Ex. Rome and Mansion (camp-free basically) vs Forest (pretty common to encounter campers)

Big fat +1
Pretty good suggestion so @Camezonda you might want to take a look at this. Thanks in advance.
Thanks, that big fat +1 is appreciated. Is this btw the first time you've seen this? No problem if it was. Just never seen your take on this untill now even though this has been up for a while at Eggwars. Anyway doesn't really matter. Your opinion is very much appreciated!

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed

Big fat +1
Also agree with everything stated aside from the last statement, i would like to see it, but i do agree that we should first aim for the main thing first.

Edit: Thanks for notifying Camezonda for me, never even thought about notifying a moderator.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
how this would work I am not sure

wouldn't it just devolve into normal team, because people wouldn't care and would instantly go to kill the teams they are allied with

is it supposed to work the following way?
so let's suppose there are 4 total teams: blue, red, green, and yellow so blue and red are allied while green and yellow are too
there are 2 players per team making it a total of 8 players
would it work where 2 of the teams are automatically set together as allied: they cannot kill eachother or break their egg they are basically 1 great team of red and blue
while yellow and green are allied they are also basically 1 big team of yellow and green
let's than say yellow and green both take out blue and red's eggs and kill all the players, are they all of a sudden becoming enemies so now they can kill eachother and break eachothers eggs?

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
wouldn't it just devolve into normal team, because people wouldn't care and would instantly go to kill the teams they are allied with
No

would it work where 2 of the teams are automatically set together as allied: they cannot kill eachother or break their egg they are basically 1 great team of red and blue
Yes.
are they all of a sudden becoming enemies so now they can kill eachother and break eachothers eggs?
No.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
how this would work I am not sure

is it supposed to work the following way?
so let's suppose there are 4 total teams: blue, red, green, and yellow so blue and red are allied while green and yellow are too
there are 2 players per team making it a total of 8 players
while yellow and green are allied they are also basically 1 big team of yellow and green
let's than say yellow and green both take out blue and red's eggs and kill all the players, are they all of a sudden becoming enemies so now they can kill eachother and break eachothers eggs?

Sidenote: the final deathmatch between the winning islands needs to be balanced in some way gear wise. If the islands would fight it out with their own gear they made in the game it could cause islands of the same team to sabotage each other (breaking their allies' bridges for example) to prevent their fellow islands from becoming too well geared so they might have the advantage gear wise when they fight in the island deatmatch. My suggestion would be: delete all items and in turn give them equal gear and items. This would prevent sabotage between allied islands and would also prevent the fight from potentially being one sided.

I'd make this deathmatch between the winning islands more fast paced since it should be seen more as a sort of 'extra event' for bonus points and not the main thing of the game (imo). The means through i would make it more fast paced could be stuff like: speed pots, delete the eggs so everyone has only one life, give crazy items like enderpearls, fireballs and eggs that would generate bridges to the point you throw them (hypixel eggs from bedwars), give strong weapons and weaker armor. A suggestion for the transition into this deathmatch is to teleport all the players still alive, of the still standing islands, of the winning team, to their base the moment the team kills the other teams and wins and then start it from there (maybe even: teleport players to a deathmatch arena and remove the whole 'have to bridge to the other island' aspect all together).

I'm not too sure myself yet which option i prefer so i will leave this for Cubecraft to decide on

I must admit though that i myself don't really know yet how i would exactly transition into this phase exactly, hence why i wrote down multiple options for how to handle this final deathmatch. feeling inclinced to just let Cube figure this out and let them judge on what seems best.

Btw i made a slight edit to the sidenote at the end, added a suggestion for the transitioning into the deathmatch.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Basically: Yes.

I'm not too sure myself yet which option i prefer so i will leave this for Cubecraft to decide on

I must admit though that i myself don't really know yet how i would exactly transition into this phase exactly, hence why i wrote down multiple options for how to handle this final deathmatch. feeling inclinced to just let Cube figure this out and let them judge on what seems best.
than absolutely, this would be a very interesting version of eggwars

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Please re-read my comment btw in case it might be different for you now and you're thinking something that i didn't mean to say. I have edited it many times now. Sorry for the inconvenience. Didn't change big things to my comment though.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Not sure if this would work, but I definitely know you put effort into it.
I personally don't see a reason why it wouldn't.

And yes, effort was definetely put into this. I've already been through a whole other thread on Eggwars before i made a new thread here with the updated version of the idea, used the feedback there to improve certain points etc. Now i've done that, i felt like posting the idea again, only this time updated in regard with the feedback i had gotten before, to see what the public thinks of it now. I've basically been busy with this for like a month now. Really trying to push this idea

Reactions: CommunistCactus

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
This idea seems great. Having to destroy multiple teams eggs to eliminate the alliance seems good, however it would also be nice when you are at mid you can stop at ally island to gear up. This would really add a new twist to the tactical strategy of EggWars.
+1

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
This idea seems great. Having to destroy multiple teams eggs to eliminate the alliance seems good, however it would also be nice when you are at mid you can stop at ally island to gear up. This would really add a new twist to the tactical strategy of EggWars.
+1

...You can do that though. Islands of the same team cant hurt you

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Frontlane wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday! 🥳
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Watch your redaction score and messages, (66 and 444) xD
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #45-
The largest known prime number has 24,862,048 digits. This prime number is 2 multiplied by itself 82,589,933 times, minus 1.
Top Bottom