Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Agree with?

• My suggestion (remove the filter altogether)

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • Alternative suggestion (replace "You are not allowed to say this!" with "...to say <word>!"

Votes: 53 55.2%
  • Let spanish people speak their language (allow things like ~ " ë etc.)

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Allow words when it's in usernames (so we can talk to them)

• None (lets mute everyone instead)

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Allow links form cubecraft (reports.cubecraft.net, etc.)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Last thing: Allow words when they are in usernames so that people can address them(using tab, without having to spend minutes trying to figure out how to address them without saying their name).
Not really possible. Either it's filtered or it's not filtered.

On Topic: There's a lot of good points here. I'll have a chat with Marco about some of our muted words. Thanks for your concern.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
That would be spam, you don't need to bump this anymore. If you do a staff member will probably lock it.
I do need to bump this since talking in chat is sometimes unbearable, especially for spanish people, and a lot of people seem to agree (see the poll)
Also it won't be spam since:
spam
spam/
noun
  1. 1.
    irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
NOW this is a nice idea, I have been having this problem because I do talk Spanish too and I can't use this "ñ" letter...
It is really annoying and also sentences with the "put a" are just annoying too.
I would love that the chat changes and we could use more words, but the problem is that there are people that are swearing every time and it is awful too but hope this gets added :)
NiCE IDEA! +1

Haggggis

Aug 1, 2016
SCOTLAND
EDIT:
Also, forgot to add, we should allow links from cubecraft (like reports.cubecraft.net or https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/did-you-know-its-mutable-to-talk-in-chat.181229) to make it easier to tell people how to report, etc
Added it to the poll.

The current chatfilter is just horrible.
Spanish people can't even use their own language properly, unicode is not allowed in chat, users cant be addressed (with tab) because their username contains something that is banned (example: TrumpThatDuck)
You can't even say Mojang in chat for gods sake. The company who currently work on minecraft cannot be mentioned in chat. Not to forget talking about optifine too, because once upon a time many years ago someone talked about free optifine capes. Making conversations is sometimes just unbearable.
Example: "Could you please put a chest right here?"
See anything wrong with this sentence? No, obviously not
Let me make it more clear:
"Could you please put a chest right here?"
Oh no, we must not allow spanish swearing in our chat right?
The worst part is that people who don't know puta is spanish for whore have no idea why they can't say that sentence, and thus making chatting almost unbearable.

My suggestion:
Because the filter is just 100% retared we should remove it.

A lot of people will probably disagree with this so here's an alternative suggestion:
Instead of responding with: "You are not allowed to say this!"
It should say: "You are not allowed to say <word>!".

Also, allow unicode and things like ~ " ë etc.. Let spanish people speak their language. I know it's not allowed to "prevent bypassing the filter", but that's just useless. If someone really wants to say a word he will find a way to bypass it.

Last thing: Allow words when they are in usernames so that people can address them(using tab, without having to spend minutes trying to figure out how to address them without saying their name).
@hyperBravo Your title template is just amazing don't mind me stealing it pls? ok thnks. :)
I like the idea and can see the frustration

Emmy

Jun 29, 2016
CandyCove
EDIT:
Also, forgot to add, we should allow links from cubecraft (like reports.cubecraft.net or https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/did-you-know-its-mutable-to-talk-in-chat.181229) to make it easier to tell people how to report, etc
Added it to the poll.

The current chatfilter is just horrible.
Spanish people can't even use their own language properly, unicode is not allowed in chat, users cant be addressed (with tab) because their username contains something that is banned (example: TrumpThatDuck)
You can't even say Mojang in chat for gods sake. The company who currently work on minecraft cannot be mentioned in chat. Not to forget talking about optifine too, because once upon a time many years ago someone talked about free optifine capes. Making conversations is sometimes just unbearable.
Example: "Could you please put a chest right here?"
See anything wrong with this sentence? No, obviously not
Let me make it more clear:
"Could you please put a chest right here?"
Oh no, we must not allow spanish swearing in our chat right?
The worst part is that people who don't know puta is spanish for whore have no idea why they can't say that sentence, and thus making chatting almost unbearable.

My suggestion:
Because the filter is just 100% retared we should remove it.

A lot of people will probably disagree with this so here's an alternative suggestion:
Instead of responding with: "You are not allowed to say this!"
It should say: "You are not allowed to say <word>!".

Also, allow unicode and things like ~ " ë etc.. Let spanish people speak their language. I know it's not allowed to "prevent bypassing the filter", but that's just useless. If someone really wants to say a word he will find a way to bypass it.

@hyperBravo Your title template is just amazing don't mind me stealing it pls? ok thnks. :)
Lol "put a" I speak Spanish and all my friends were like " WHY CAN'T I SAY THIS" i was like..... lol. But for real the filter is a bit frustrating sometimes. Some words should come off of it!

Reactions: CommunistCactus
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png