Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How much do you agree?

• 100% (will be very rare i assume, according to the amount of opinions given)

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • 90% (Thanks!)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 80% (Thanks!)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 70% (Thanks!)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • 60% (Thanks!)

• 50% ( Thanks!)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 40% (Too much opinions to handle?)

• 30% (so you've still got a bit of common sense)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 20% (I guess you are a camper)

• 10% (so at least I convinced you on something)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0% (Isn't there ONE thing you agree on in this entire thread? congrats.

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
BEFORE COMMENTING MAKE SURE TO READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD. THANKS.

Enderpreals should be added to normal Eggwars for a couple or reasons:
  • It makes the game shorter, by reducing campers, because you can finally get to their island without having to wait an very long time, trying to build a skybridge while the campers try to punch you in the void with an arrow, and also getting more resources than you.
  • Less campers=shorter games=more games=more fun=more players joining Cubecraft=more people buying a rank=more money to improve Cubecraft=A better Cubecraft
The camper effect:
(assuming that there is no bridge connecting the two teams, and both teams have the same amount of skill)
(obviously while attempting to attack you can't get resources while camping does give you resources)
494affcf4ace2aab493e6273234e5764.png

Yeah, basically the prisoner's dilemma. Camping is obviously the most attractive move, especially when your egg is destroyed.
Adding enderpreals will change all of this, due to the fact that an attempt to attack doesn't involve building a skybridge.
(Building a skybridge=less time on generators=less resources=less %change to succeed. VS not building a skybridge=more time on generators=more resources=more %chance to win)
Now let's add enderpreals to the camper effect:
10d9fdf3538b9cfbfda78ec20068d1a3.png

This already makes the game more fair for everyone, and it makes the game shorter because attacking seems more attractive than without enderpeals.
(and as mentioned before, Less campers=shorter games=more games=more fun=more players joining Cubecraft=more people buying a rank=more money to improve Cubecraft=A better Cubecraft).

<Note for myself> (<-- ignore this)

Now i'm going to answer some questions/reactions that will probably show up somewhere in the comments:

"They are campers, just let them camp. Then warn them three times, record them and report them and they will get banned, there is no reason to add enderpreals to stop them"

First of all, to me this sounds like this: "They are hackers, just let them hack. Then warn them zero times, record them and report then and they will get banned, there is no reason to add an AntiCheat system to stop them".

Second of all, or the first 60 reports on the "report a player" section (https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/report-a-player.24), only one of them was a report of campers, and that one report wasn't even accepted. (lack of evidence) (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/hahaha-2hr-played-campers-eggwars.102040/)
Side note: I totally agree with ImABubbleHead in this report, the "campers in this report shouldn't be punished because the report isn't good enough.

Last of all, they still annoy me during the game, even if I successfully made a report and the campers got banned after the game, they still annoyed me during the game. Enderpreals would prevent this.

"It is too OP, you could also just stay in mid and get more diamonds than the players that are camping."

Yes of course it is more OP than before, otherwise it wouldn't stop campers, also, if there aren't any enderpreals, diamonds won't help you getting to the island of the campers. Yes you could try building a bridge while having a shield, but that takes a very long time and as said before: Building a skybridge=less time on generators=less resources=less %change to succeed. VS not building a skybridge=more time on generators=more resources=more %chance to win. Also, not all mid's have more diamond generators than the islands of the campers. Even if they do, building that skybridge while holding a shield will still take ages. Enderpreals will speed this up, and as said before: shorter games=more games=more fun=more players joining Cubecraft=more people buying a rank=more money to improve Cubecraft=A better Cubecraft.

"'Enderpreals make it too easy to get to someone's egg".
Do you prefer building a skybridge while constantly being shot with arrows that try to knock you in the void, knowing that while you are trying to get to them, they will get more resources while you won't, and knowing that even when you are using a shield, they will keep shooting arrows until the shield breaks, and that even when you come close to them they will try to spleef you into the void or knock you in the void with their bare hands if arrows's wont work, or commit suicide by jumping off the skybridge and turning 90 degrees, and then knocking you in the void and respawning while a chest of good gear is waiting for them because they have more resources than you do because while you are trying to build a skybridge they can collect from generators, while in that half an hour you tried to reach the campers with your skybridge you could easily finish two other eggwars games without campers? If you do, please tell me why. :) thanks.

"Enderpreals would encourage camping, knowing that any given moment of the game someone could TP to your egg and mine it without you noticing"
You got a point mate, although most of the campers that already are campers probably will stay campers and the majority of the ones who aren't campers will also not start camping because they don't care about their egg. (I think, just like the players who hated 1.9 still hate 1.9 and the other way around). I will make a poll to see which players will be encouraged to camp if enderpreals are introduced to normal EggWars and which players will be encouraged to attack more if enderpeals are introduced.

Simply guard your egg and protect it with obsidian, or don't guard your egg at all. In most of my games in eggwars all the teams end up losing their eggs anyways, except for the campers, and campers are bloody annoying to everyone in the game. (oh, camping is even bannable, wow)
Personally, I don't give much about my egg because when I die with full iron etc, I ragequit anyway because well, that means that it's impossible to get that gear ever again if the other team also has full iron gear etc, so I don't care if it gets destroyed. I think a lot of players agree on this.

"Add player trackers or levitation arrows instead"
Levitation arrows won't work because you cannot shoot yourself in eggwars, You could make it a potion instead of an arrow so it could work, but it would just make you a clear target for archers in mid air, and assuming all maps have different distances it could only work one one single map, on the others you would either fall to your death because the potion is too strong of you would fall into the void. Of course you could take multiple weak ones or let the villager sell strong potions of levitation and weak potions of levitation, meaning that you could get to different distances without falling into the void or dieing from fall damage (you could use hay bales to reduce fall damage). And you could use a shield to block arrows while you are flying, or you could dodge them, and the levitation would be less encouraging to start camping because they are less OP than enderpreals, and you could see a player coming to you egg instead of just instantly TPing to your egg and breaking it, thereby reducing the urge to camp, and combined with a tracker compass that you could buy at the villager it would make the games shorter, but... Oh wait... I don't have any arguments against this. Ehhmm... +1 dude good job!

"Get your teammate to build from different angles, have one in the air and one on the ground. Use strategy"
In a fair 2v2, the campers just focus both of you so that wont work. Not to mention that the one in the air can't get down because it is in the air, thus falling down while there are players over there would be rather suicidal, and the one going via the ground could get spleefed or knocked of by melee damage.

Oh, and sometimes it's a 1v3, good luck with building from different angles with that.

Oh, and there is a game called Solo Eggwars.

"Just remove bows"
No. I predict that more than 90% of the players disagree with removing bows.
They could be nerfed though. (suggested many times)

"Just use a shield"
It will still take ages to build that skybridge while the other team (the campers) get better gear than you. Shields can also break after a while and even if you get to their island they could try to knock you into the void with melee damage, do the suicidal 90 degrees void hit, or spleef you. Also shields have to be put up before the arrow is being fired, not before it hits the player, making it very unreliable. And of course you could be being attacked from multiple angles, so the shield won't work in that situation.A shield won't protect you from everything.
Side note here: some people say enderpreals encourage camping (scroll up), although I disagree with this (scroll up), if you do agree on this, look at shields too.

If you still think enderpreals are a bad thing, consider levitation potions. At least do something about the campers.

If you really made it this far, you deserve a cookie.

Conclusion: Adding enderpreals=less campers=shorter games=more games=more fun=more players joining Cubecraft=more people buying a rank=more money to improve Cubecraft=A better Cubecraft

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: iKick

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
BEFORE COMMENTING MAKE SURE TO READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD. THANKS.

Enderpreals should be added to normal Eggwars for a couple or reasons:
  • It makes the game shorter, by reducing campers, because you can finally get to their island without having to wait an very long time, trying to build a skybridge while the campers try to punch you in the void with an arrow, and also getting more resources than you.
  • Less campers=shorter games=more games=more fun=more players joining Cubecraft=more people buying a rank=more money to improve Cubecraft=A better Cubecraft
The camper effect:
(assuming that there is no bridge connecting the two teams, and both teams have the same amount of skill)
(obviously while attempting to attack you can't get resources while camping does give you resources)

Yeah, basically the prisoner's dilemma. Camping is obviously the most attractive move, especially when your egg is destroyed.
Adding enderpreals will change all of this, due to the fact that an attempt to attack doesn't involve building a skybridge.
(Building a skybridge=less time on generators=less resources=less %change to succeed. VS not building a skybridge=more time on generators=more resources=more %chance to win)
Now let's add enderpreals to the camper effect:
10d9fdf3538b9cfbfda78ec20068d1a3.png

This already makes the game more fair for everyone, and it makes the game shorter because attacking seems more attractive than without enderpeals.
(and as mentioned before, Less campers=shorter games=more games=more fun=more players joining Cubecraft=more people buying a rank=more money to improve Cubecraft=A better Cubecraft).

<Note for myself> (<-- ignore this)

Now i'm going to answer some questions/reactions that will probably show up somewhere in the comments:

"They are campers, just let them camp. Then warn them three times, record them and report them and they will get banned, there is no reason to add enderpreals to stop them"

First of all, to me this sounds like this: "They are hackers, just let them hack. Then warn them zero times, record them and report then and they will get banned, there is no reason to add an AntiCheat system to stop them".

Second of all, or the first 60 reports on the "report a player" section (https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/report-a-player.24), only one of them was a report of campers, and that one report wasn't even accepted. (lack of evidence) (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/hahaha-2hr-played-campers-eggwars.102040/)
Side note: I totally agree with ImABubbleHead in this report, the "campers in this report shouldn't be punished because the report isn't good enough.

Last of all, they still annoy me during the game, even if I successfully made a report and the campers got banned after the game, they still annoyed me during the game. Enderpreals would prevent this.

"It is too OP, you could also just stay in mid and get more diamonds than the players that are camping."

Yes of course it is more OP than before, otherwise it wouldn't stop campers, also, if there aren't any enderpreals, diamonds won't help you getting to the island of the campers. Yes you could try building a bridge while having a shield, but that takes a very long time and as said before: Building a skybridge=less time on generators=less resources=less %change to succeed. VS not building a skybridge=more time on generators=more resources=more %chance to win. Also, not all mid's have more diamond generators than the islands of the campers. Even if they do, building that skybridge while holding a shield will still take ages. Enderpreals will speed this up, and as said before: shorter games=more games=more fun=more players joining Cubecraft=more people buying a rank=more money to improve Cubecraft=A better Cubecraft.

"'Enderpreals make it too easy to get to someone's egg".
Do you prefer building a skybridge while constantly being shot with arrows that try to knock you in the void, knowing that while you are trying to get to them, they will get more resources while you won't, and knowing that even when you are using a shield, they will keep shooting arrows until the shield breaks, and that even when you come close to them they will try to spleef you into the void or knock you in the void with their bare hands if arrows's wont work, or commit suicide by jumping off the skybridge and turning 90 degrees, and then knocking you in the void and respawning while a chest of good gear is waiting for them because they have more resources than you do because while you are trying to build a skybridge they can collect from generators, while in that half an hour you tried to reach the campers with your skybridge you could easily finish two other eggwars games without campers? If you do, please tell me why. :) thanks.

"Enderpreals would encourage camping, knowing that any given moment of the game someone could TP to your egg and mine it without you noticing"
You got a point mate, although most of the campers that already are campers probably will stay campers and the majority of the ones who aren't campers will also not start camping because they don't care about their egg. (I think, just like the players who hated 1.9 still hate 1.9 and the other way around). I will make a poll to see which players will be encouraged to camp if enderpreals are introduced to normal EggWars and which players will be encouraged to attack more if enderpeals are introduced.

Simply guard your egg and protect it with obsidian, or don't guard your egg at all. In most of my games in eggwars all the teams end up losing their eggs anyways, except for the campers, and campers are bloody annoying to everyone in the game. (oh, camping is even bannable, wow)
Personally, I don't give much about my egg because when I die with full iron etc, I ragequit anyway because well, that means that it's impossible to get that gear ever again if the other team also has full iron gear etc, so I don't care if it gets destroyed. I think a lot of players agree on this.

"Add player trackers or levitation arrows instead"
Levitation arrows won't work because you cannot shoot yourself in eggwars, You could make it a potion instead of an arrow so it could work, but it would just make you a clear target for archers in mid air, and assuming all maps have different distances it could only work one one single map, on the others you would either fall to your death because the potion is too strong of you would fall into the void. Of course you could take multiple weak ones or let the villager sell strong potions of levitation and weak potions of levitation, meaning that you could get to different distances without falling into the void or dieing from fall damage (you could use hay bales to reduce fall damage). And you could use a shield to block arrows while you are flying, or you could dodge them, and the levitation would be less encouraging to start camping because they are less OP than enderpreals, and you could see a player coming to you egg instead of just instantly TPing to your egg and breaking it, thereby reducing the urge to camp, and combined with a tracker compass that you could buy at the villager it would make the games shorter, but... Oh wait... I don't have any arguments against this. Ehhmm... +1 dude good job!

"Get your teammate to build from different angles, have one in the air and one on the ground. Use strategy"
In a fair 2v2, the campers just focus both of you so that wont work. Not to mention that the one in the air can't get down because it is in the air, thus falling down while there are players over there would be rather suicidal, and the one going via the ground could get spleefed or knocked of by melee damage.

Oh, and sometimes it's a 1v3, good luck with building from different angles with that.

Oh, and there is a game called Solo Eggwars.

"Just remove bows"
No. I predict that more than 90% of the players disagree with removing bows.
They could be nerfed though. (suggested many times)

"Just use a shield"
It will still take ages to build that skybridge while the other team (the campers) get better gear than you. Shields can also break after a while and even if you get to their island they could try to knock you into the void with melee damage, do the suicidal 90 degrees void hit, or spleef you. Also shields have to be put up before the arrow is being fired, not before it hits the player, making it very unreliable. And of course you could be being attacked from multiple angles, so the shield won't work in that situation.A shield won't protect you from everything.
Side note here: some people say enderpreals encourage camping (scroll up), although I disagree with this (scroll up), if you do agree on this, look at shields too.

If you still think enderpreals are a bad thing, consider levitation potions. At least do something about the campers.

Conclusion: Adding enderpreals=less campers=shorter games=more games=more fun=more players joining Cubecraft=more people buying a rank=more money to improve Cubecraft=A better Cubecraft

Thanks for reading.
When you have nolife...... congrats its a hole book..... The first sentence already bored me the name already said 50%.....

D

Deleted member 112709

1st effect (95% change red wins) is not true. Every game i played against campers, i win. You just have to play smart.

Reactions: iKick and hgbf

TeoVolcano

Forum Veteran
Aug 20, 2015
Under your bed
Enderpearls must deal more damage then. However, it's treated as fall damage, so feather falling would reduce it. Then people would be forced to spend money on a golden or Notch apple to compensate, further driving up the price of ender pearl use.
Another thread like this was locked by Tacos and he said that he wasn't a big fan of the idea :(

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Enderpearls must deal more damage then. However, it's treated as fall damage, so feather falling would reduce it. Then people would be forced to spend money on a golden or Notch apple to compensate, further driving up the price of ender pearl use.
Another thread like this was locked by Tacos and he said that he wasn't a big fan of the idea :(
1. You can't get feather falling in EggWars.
2. " further driving up the price of ender pearl use" Make them cheaper
3. "he wasn't a big fan of the idea". Not everyine can be indeed, if the majority of the players don't like it, the is always the alternative of the levitation potion

TeoVolcano

Forum Veteran
Aug 20, 2015
Under your bed
1. You can't get feather falling in EggWars.
2. " further driving up the price of ender pearl use" Make them cheaper
3. "he wasn't a big fan of the idea". Not everyine can be indeed, if the majority of the players don't like it, the is always the alternative of the levitation potion
You know, as well as enderpearls could be added, feather falling boots too :P

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space

1st effect (95% change red wins) is not true. Every game i played against campers, i win. You just have to play smart.
Imagine this:

It's a 2v1 on the map medieval

The other team has rushed mid and camped the entire game and isolated their island, and whoever comes close to them will be shot with dozens of arrows. Because it is a 2v1 you would lose a bow battle, because in the thread I clearly said that all players in this example are just as skilled as one another. There is no skybridge to get to their island and building one isn't possible due to their bows, even with a shield, they would just keep shooting with a bow. There one way to mid, however if you would try to go to mid you would probably be shot in the void. there is only one diamond generator on mid, and one in you own island. because in the example of the camper effect I showed that the blue teams tries to attack and doesn't camp, waiting on your own island and gathering resources isn't an option. please explain how "playing smart" solves that without camping yourself.

Dai_Matsumoto

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Japan
The camper effect:
If you and your team mates use the other islands to gather up resources using other islands/mid, I'm quite sure your team will have the advantage with resources. There are ways to get around secretly, without getting caught by your opposing team (going under the island, going around the island, going from the sides, etc) so I don't really support the idea of having the ender pearls in game.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
If you and your team mates use the other islands to gather up resources using other islands/mid, I'm quite sure your team will have the advantage with resources. There are ways to get around secretly, without getting caught by your opposing team (going under the island, going around the island, going from the sides, etc) so I don't really support the idea of having the ender pearls in game.
What if you're alone and the other team isn't? You won't even stand a chance.
What if the player continually watch you? no way of getting around.
Also, not all mid's have multiple diamond generators.
How would going under the island help? going from above is reasonable because you could jump down, but because you can only break blocks placed during the game, going under the island isn't quite practical.
As I said somewhere in the thread, diamonds won't help you getting to their island.
Of course it's possible, but it's very hard and takes very long. It's not fun. Enderpreals could be the solution. It would improve the fun and the gameplay.

Also, if enderpreals are really not an option, do you have any opinions about levitation potions?

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
Less campers=shorter games=more games=more fun=more players joining Cubecraft=more people buying a rank=more money to improve Cubecraft=A better Cubecraft
Best reasoning ever :D

Sorry but I don't fully support your thread. I know campers are extremely annoying, it does ruin the game. But Enerpearls just don't fit in normal mode in my opinion.
I only like normal mode atm, and I don't want things being changed in normal mode cause than I wouldn't have fun playing EggWars anymore.

This is just my opinion about it.

BTW Great thread you explained it very well :D

Top Bottom