Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How much do you agree?

• 100% (will be very rare i assume, according to the amount of opinions given)

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • 90% (Thanks!)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 80% (Thanks!)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 70% (Thanks!)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • 60% (Thanks!)

• 50% ( Thanks!)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 40% (Too much opinions to handle?)

• 30% (so you've still got a bit of common sense)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 20% (I guess you are a camper)

• 10% (so at least I convinced you on something)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0% (Isn't there ONE thing you agree on in this entire thread? congrats.

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters

da egg war lover

Feb 1, 2016
efclukes gingerbread house
BEFORE COMMENTING MAKE SURE TO READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD. THANKS.

Enderpreals should be added to normal Eggwars for a couple or reasons:
  • It makes the game shorter, by reducing campers, because you can finally get to their island without having to wait an very long time, trying to build a skybridge while the campers try to punch you in the void with an arrow, and also getting more resources than you.
  • Less campers=shorter games=more games=more fun=more players joining Cubecraft=more people buying a rank=more money to improve Cubecraft=A better Cubecraft
The camper effect:
(assuming that there is no bridge connecting the two teams, and both teams have the same amount of skill)
(obviously while attempting to attack you can't get resources while camping does give you resources)
494affcf4ace2aab493e6273234e5764.png

Yeah, basically the prisoner's dilemma. Camping is obviously the most attractive move, especially when your egg is destroyed.
Adding enderpreals will change all of this, due to the fact that an attempt to attack doesn't involve building a skybridge.
(Building a skybridge=less time on generators=less resources=less %change to succeed. VS not building a skybridge=more time on generators=more resources=more %chance to win)
Now let's add enderpreals to the camper effect:
10d9fdf3538b9cfbfda78ec20068d1a3.png

This already makes the game more fair for everyone, and it makes the game shorter because attacking seems more attractive than without enderpeals.
(and as mentioned before, Less campers=shorter games=more games=more fun=more players joining Cubecraft=more people buying a rank=more money to improve Cubecraft=A better Cubecraft).

<Note for myself> (<-- ignore this)

Now i'm going to answer some questions/reactions that will probably show up somewhere in the comments:

"They are campers, just let them camp. Then warn them three times, record them and report them and they will get banned, there is no reason to add enderpreals to stop them"

First of all, to me this sounds like this: "They are hackers, just let them hack. Then warn them zero times, record them and report then and they will get banned, there is no reason to add an AntiCheat system to stop them".

Second of all, or the first 60 reports on the "report a player" section (https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/report-a-player.24), only one of them was a report of campers, and that one report wasn't even accepted. (lack of evidence) (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/hahaha-2hr-played-campers-eggwars.102040/)
Side note: I totally agree with ImABubbleHead in this report, the "campers in this report shouldn't be punished because the report isn't good enough.

Last of all, they still annoy me during the game, even if I successfully made a report and the campers got banned after the game, they still annoyed me during the game. Enderpreals would prevent this.

"It is too OP, you could also just stay in mid and get more diamonds than the players that are camping."

Yes of course it is more OP than before, otherwise it wouldn't stop campers, also, if there aren't any enderpreals, diamonds won't help you getting to the island of the campers. Yes you could try building a bridge while having a shield, but that takes a very long time and as said before: Building a skybridge=less time on generators=less resources=less %change to succeed. VS not building a skybridge=more time on generators=more resources=more %chance to win. Also, not all mid's have more diamond generators than the islands of the campers. Even if they do, building that skybridge while holding a shield will still take ages. Enderpreals will speed this up, and as said before: shorter games=more games=more fun=more players joining Cubecraft=more people buying a rank=more money to improve Cubecraft=A better Cubecraft.

"'Enderpreals make it too easy to get to someone's egg".
Do you prefer building a skybridge while constantly being shot with arrows that try to knock you in the void, knowing that while you are trying to get to them, they will get more resources while you won't, and knowing that even when you are using a shield, they will keep shooting arrows until the shield breaks, and that even when you come close to them they will try to spleef you into the void or knock you in the void with their bare hands if arrows's wont work, or commit suicide by jumping off the skybridge and turning 90 degrees, and then knocking you in the void and respawning while a chest of good gear is waiting for them because they have more resources than you do because while you are trying to build a skybridge they can collect from generators, while in that half an hour you tried to reach the campers with your skybridge you could easily finish two other eggwars games without campers? If you do, please tell me why. :) thanks.

"Enderpreals would encourage camping, knowing that any given moment of the game someone could TP to your egg and mine it without you noticing"
You got a point mate, although most of the campers that already are campers probably will stay campers and the majority of the ones who aren't campers will also not start camping because they don't care about their egg. (I think, just like the players who hated 1.9 still hate 1.9 and the other way around). I will make a poll to see which players will be encouraged to camp if enderpreals are introduced to normal EggWars and which players will be encouraged to attack more if enderpeals are introduced.

Simply guard your egg and protect it with obsidian, or don't guard your egg at all. In most of my games in eggwars all the teams end up losing their eggs anyways, except for the campers, and campers are bloody annoying to everyone in the game. (oh, camping is even bannable, wow)
Personally, I don't give much about my egg because when I die with full iron etc, I ragequit anyway because well, that means that it's impossible to get that gear ever again if the other team also has full iron gear etc, so I don't care if it gets destroyed. I think a lot of players agree on this.

"Add player trackers or levitation arrows instead"
Levitation arrows won't work because you cannot shoot yourself in eggwars, You could make it a potion instead of an arrow so it could work, but it would just make you a clear target for archers in mid air, and assuming all maps have different distances it could only work one one single map, on the others you would either fall to your death because the potion is too strong of you would fall into the void. Of course you could take multiple weak ones or let the villager sell strong potions of levitation and weak potions of levitation, meaning that you could get to different distances without falling into the void or dieing from fall damage (you could use hay bales to reduce fall damage). And you could use a shield to block arrows while you are flying, or you could dodge them, and the levitation would be less encouraging to start camping because they are less OP than enderpreals, and you could see a player coming to you egg instead of just instantly TPing to your egg and breaking it, thereby reducing the urge to camp, and combined with a tracker compass that you could buy at the villager it would make the games shorter, but... Oh wait... I don't have any arguments against this. Ehhmm... +1 dude good job!

"Get your teammate to build from different angles, have one in the air and one on the ground. Use strategy"
In a fair 2v2, the campers just focus both of you so that wont work. Not to mention that the one in the air can't get down because it is in the air, thus falling down while there are players over there would be rather suicidal, and the one going via the ground could get spleefed or knocked of by melee damage.

Oh, and sometimes it's a 1v3, good luck with building from different angles with that.

Oh, and there is a game called Solo Eggwars.

"Just remove bows"
No. I predict that more than 90% of the players disagree with removing bows.
They could be nerfed though. (suggested many times)

"Just use a shield"
It will still take ages to build that skybridge while the other team (the campers) get better gear than you. Shields can also break after a while and even if you get to their island they could try to knock you into the void with melee damage, do the suicidal 90 degrees void hit, or spleef you. Also shields have to be put up before the arrow is being fired, not before it hits the player, making it very unreliable. And of course you could be being attacked from multiple angles, so the shield won't work in that situation.A shield won't protect you from everything.
Side note here: some people say enderpreals encourage camping (scroll up), although I disagree with this (scroll up), if you do agree on this, look at shields too.

If you still think enderpreals are a bad thing, consider levitation potions. At least do something about the campers.

If you really made it this far, you deserve a cookie.

Conclusion: Adding enderpreals=less campers=shorter games=more games=more fun=more players joining Cubecraft=more people buying a rank=more money to improve Cubecraft=A better Cubecraft

If you really made it this far, you deserve a cookie.

Thanks for reading.
I think it many increase campers to far enderperls and to this:pearl in break egg pearl out.
nice suggestion though

Wouze

Apr 9, 2016
New york
If you want Enderpearls, then buy a rank and vote for OP mode. Now before you tell me off about not having any money, and Not everyone has money to waste on minecraft, all i'll say is, get a job. Jobs aren't fun, but money is.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I think it many increase campers to far enderperls and to this:pearl in break egg pearl out.
nice suggestion though
I guess the:p icon was a mistake for : and p, right?
If you want Enderpearls, then buy a rank and vote for OP mode. Now before you tell me off about not having any money, and Not everyone has money to waste on minecraft, all i'll say is, get a job. Jobs aren't fun, but money is.
Enderpreals in OP mode is an entirely different concept than in normal mode, so no thanks.
whats faster getting a stack for an ender pearl and optionally 32 for a god apple or putting guard rails
What do you mean with "putting guard rails"?
Good idea to add enderpearls BYE BYE CAMPERS :D
Yaay someone who agrees:D

Guys what are your opinions about levitation potions?

iLoveKneeGrows

Apr 13, 2016
Out smarting a team of campers is actually one of the easiest things I've ever done in my life of minecraft.

First of all buy a shield and take the 2 1/2 minutes to shield walk across the bridge, arrows wont hit you and you'll be fine.
Secondly you could build a bridge and wall it off so punch 1 has no effect on you giving you a great chance at just rushing the island as a team.

I couldn't see pearls in normal mode, it would make for terrible games trust me.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Out smarting a team of campers is actually one of the easiest things I've ever done in my life of minecraft.

First of all buy a shield and take the 2 1/2 minutes to shield walk across the bridge, arrows wont hit you and you'll be fine.
Secondly you could build a bridge and wall it off so punch 1 has no effect on you giving you a great chance at just rushing the island as a team.

I couldn't see pearls in normal mode, it would make for terrible games trust me.
What if somebody runs under you and breaks the bridge?

Reactions: CommunistCactus

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space

The camper effect:
(assuming that there is no bridge connecting the two teams)

You didn't read it did you?

"Just use a shield"
It will still take ages to build that skybridge while the other team (the campers) get better gear than you. Shields can also break after a while and even if you get to their island they could try to knock you into the void with melee damage

You really didn't read it.
What if somebody runs under you and breaks the bridge?
Exactlyo_O
I like the idea to kill CAMPER AKA (poezies :p) because they ruins the game Maybe for 64 diamonds?
Hmm, i'm not quite certain about the price myself, but I agree with you, they completely ruin the game.

iLoveKneeGrows

Apr 13, 2016
The camper effect:
(assuming that there is no bridge connecting the two teams)

You didn't read it did you?

"Just use a shield"
It will still take ages to build that skybridge while the other team (the campers) get better gear than you. Shields can also break after a while and even if you get to their island they could try to knock you into the void with melee damage

You really didn't read it.

Exactlyo_O

Hmm, i'm not quite certain about the price myself, but I agree with you, they completely ruin the game.

I read the entire threat. I'm just a strong believer of campers mean nothing. I personally have NO ISSUES dealing with campers and I get them every-game as I usually play the map Kingdom 9/10 times. I've come across campers by the 3's and 4's while having to single handedly deal with them myselves because we all know what it's like to get a teammate that quits or having a bunch that don't understand how the game even works yet. Campers are so easy to deal with and I have no issues doing it and I've seen many others have no issues dealing with it as well. This means its possible without enderpearls you're just yet to figure it out, but one day will haha.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I read the entire threat
Good job, you deserve a cookie
I'm just a strong believer of campers mean nothing.
To me, they do, I mean in the time I tried to kill all of them I could easily play another game.
I personally have NO ISSUES dealing with campers and I get them every-game as I usually play the map Kingdom 9/10 times.
So campers that have diamonds on their island, broke the entire bridge between mid and their island and continuously watch you with a punch bow to knock you into the void while your egg is destroyed and their's isn't? How?
I've come across campers by the 3's and 4's while having to single handedly deal with them myselves because we all know what it's like to get a teammate that quits or having a bunch that don't understand how the game even works yet.
Yes, I know that feeling. It sucks.
Campers are so easy to deal with and I have no issues doing it and I've seen many others have no issues dealing with it as well.
Depends on what type of campers, but if the campers are just as skilled as the non-campers (probably not), It's very annoying.
This means its possible without enderpearls you're just yet to figure it out, but one day will haha.
It is indeed possible, if the campers are less skilled than me at the game (9/10 times), and there is a bridge connecting the islands, It's not that hard. But if the campers are just as skilled as me and broke the bridge between all other islands and it's a large map, and continuously watch you with a bow, It will take a long time to kill them, which is just a waste of time and very annoying.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
You make some really good points, but there are some things about Eggwars to consider.

Eggwars, for the most part, is a strategy game. You need to outwit, outthink, and outperform your opponents through cunning and strategy. Camping, like it or not, is a strategy. Defending yourself from invaders with the use of tactical block placement and arrows is necessary to keep your egg safe. You must consider that it is unwise to make an offensive move when your island is under siege; with no one guarding your egg, you are vulnerable.

Instead of getting mad and demanding that your opponent make a move that is detrimental to their own victory, use this against them. Arrows only shoot ~30 blocks up. Stock up on TNT and rain explosive death down upon your opponent until they die. Then, descend on their island and take their egg. If you don't have the patience to do this, I recommend playing a game that isn't strategy-based.

Sun Tzu, a Chinese general, strategist, and someone I quote way too often, once wrote

"The highest form of generalship is to balk the enemy's plans; the next best is to prevent the junction of the enemy's forces; the next in order is to attack the enemy's army in the field; and the worst policy of all is to besiege walled cities."

Invest in alternative strategies to conquer and defeat your foes. War is complicated. We give you many tools with which to fight. Use them.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
You make some really good points, but there are some things about Eggwars to consider.

Eggwars, for the most part, is a strategy game. You need to outwit, outthink, and outperform your opponents through cunning and strategy. Camping, like it or not, is a strategy. Defending yourself from invaders with the use of tactical block placement and arrows is necessary to keep your egg safe. You must consider that it is unwise to make an offensive move when your island is under siege; with no one guarding your egg, you are vulnerable.

Instead of getting mad and demanding that your opponent make a move that is detrimental to their own victory, use this against them. Arrows only shoot ~30 blocks up. Stock up on TNT and rain explosive death down upon your opponent until they die. Then, descend on their island and take their egg. If you don't have the patience to do this, I recommend playing a game that isn't strategy-based.

Sun Tzu, a Chinese general, strategist, and someone I quote way too often, once wrote

"The highest form of generalship is to balk the enemy's plans; the next best is to prevent the junction of the enemy's forces; the next in order is to attack the enemy's army in the field; and the worst policy of all is to besiege walled cities."

Invest in alternative strategies to conquer and defeat your foes. War is complicated. We give you many tools with which to fight. Use them.
Tbh, any GOOD eggwars player doesn't care about their egg.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
You make some really good points
Thanks!:D
Camping, like it or not, is a strategy
I also heard is was bannable, but I'm not sure about that.
Defending yourself from invaders with the use of tactical block placement and arrows is necessary to keep your egg safe. You must consider that it is unwise to make an offensive move when your island is under siege; with no one guarding your egg, you are vulnerable
As BuildBuild2525 and Mike13 said, and where I totally agree on:
any GOOD eggwars player doesn't care about their egg
Arrows only shoot ~30 blocks up. Stock up on TNT and rain explosive death down upon your opponent until they die
TNT is pretty expensive, and easy to cover from if it is falling from above(for instance in a lot of maps are buildings), but you got a point.
Then, descend on their island and take their egg
Falling down ~30 blocks with a full team down there isn't the most attractive idea to me, I could use hay blocks but due to blocklagg and the not-always-registering of a player falling on a block make this also not so attractive.

Your points are very good and strong, I think enderpreals are a little too OP, but still, levitation potions and trackers could be another option right?

Mkill14

Apr 11, 2016
my room
www.youtube.com
Thanks!:D

I also heard is was bannable, but I'm not sure about that.

As BuildBuild2525 and Mike13 said, and where I totally agree on:

TNT is pretty expensive, and easy to cover from if it is falling from above(for instance in a lot of maps are buildings), but you got a point.

Falling down ~30 blocks with a full team down there isn't the most attractive idea to me, I could use hay blocks but due to blocklagg and the not-always-registering of a player falling on a block make this also not so attractive.

Your points are very good and strong, I think enderpreals are a little too OP, but still, levitation potions and trackers could be another option right?

for the dropping down part use a god apple you get 8 extra hearts

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Big pro :)
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
us fr
Untitled356_20240416075428.png
Eli
6,666 Reaction score, nice.

Stay tuned for 66,666!
Eli
Come on, let's reach the ultra evil number...
1713239597971.png
Top Bottom