Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2017
Ireland
I think that the age restriction for the Helper Application should be lowered for the following reasons

1. Age has little to do with someone's maturity, you should not be judged by it.
2. It is discriminating against younger people
3. The majority of Minecraft players that I meet are 10-11-12
4. Just because they're younger doesn't mean they don't have the respectfulness of an adult/teenager.

As a resolution to this, I think that anyone under the age 13 should be given a chance and be given a list of scenarios that would happen while being a staff member and then be judged off what they would do

If you are confused by anything please let me know as I will explain it better

MalakMos

Novice Member
Feb 25, 2017
Kuwait
I don't think I agree with your idea, because players under the age 13 are very young, and being a helper on this server is a big opportunity, so I don't think that any players with the age under 13 should be given staff ranks.

Thank you. :)

Reactions: Lilleh__

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Nope, I don't agree. Discrimination? It is not the intension that people that are 6 years can apply for helper. There is a reason Why you must to be at Least 13 years. You're right that Some people of 11 years Old can be more addult that people of 15 years. You must to help people And If you are lower than 13 years you do not have enough capabilities.

@Tacosbefriends do you want to add something??

Jackelele

Apr 14, 2017
United Kingdom
jackelele.co.uk
'13' is just the age as you turn into a teenager. You see more sense into things and life (my opinion). The age restriction isn't because of maturity, I think it's just a baseline of it being more likely Over 13's being mature. I've met a lot of people over the age of 13 part of cubecraft. Cubecraft is a huge opportunity and can take up a lot of time and life. Some parents may not allow their children to be on their computers majority of the time, seeing those over the age of 13 would know they're not suitable for the position. I don't agree, with the above reasons. But you cannot say it's discriminating because you could say that about a number of restrictions in society. I know other communities and servers that offer a higher age restriction than most, mostly due to the fact it's count as a business and you're taking a volunteer position/without payment to take up your time to support and help out the business or this instance the community itself.

Reactions: Lilleh__ and Soeshi
Feb 1, 2017
Ireland
The age restriction isn't because younger people CAN'T be more mature, it' because they are LESS LIKELY to be mature.
Thats also why I added there should be a scenario test

Nope, I don't agree. Discrimination? It is not the intension that people that are 6 years can apply for helper. There is a reason Why you must to be at Least 13 years. You're right that Some people of 11 years Old can be more addult that people of 15 years. You must to help people And If you are lower than 13 years you do not have enough capabilities.
That's discrimination leading to my point about it

Feb 1, 2017
Ireland
'13' is just the age as you turn into a teenager. You see more sense into things and life (my opinion). The age restriction isn't because of maturity, I think it's just a baseline of it being more likely Over 13's being mature. I've met a lot of people over the age of 13 part of cubecraft. Cubecraft is a huge opportunity and can take up a lot of time and life. Some parents may not allow their children to be on their computers majority of the time, seeing those over the age of 13 would know they're not suitable for the position. I don't agree, with the above reasons. But you cannot say it's discriminating because you could say that about a number of restrictions in society. I know other communities and servers that offer a higher age restriction than most, mostly due to the fact it's count as a business and you're taking a volunteer position/without payment to take up your time to support and help out the business or this instance the community itself.
Maybe so, but I still think it should be at least lower by one or two years

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
Yeah, But not all younger people are mature and trustworthy. They might abuse commands, and more stuff.
They might be not following the rules too. Also, people might apply with the age of 6-7. which is not a good opportunity.
Yeah, there are adults which aren't mature enough for the helper position, But more matureness happens at the age of 13+

Feb 1, 2017
Ireland
Yeah, But not all younger people are mature and trustworthy. They might abuse commands, and more stuff.
They might be not following the rules too. Also, people might apply with the age of 6-7. which is not a good opportunity.
Yeah, there are adults which aren't mature enough for the helper position, But more matureness happens at the age of 13+
Yes, but I don't see why it shouldn't be lowered

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
And do you - by any chance - just so happen to be under thirteen?

Six months away actually. Says it in his status.

~

Points 1 and 4 are basically the same thing. Although not everyone under 13 is immature, that's not the only reason why the age restriction is what it is. In my opinion, that's actually pretty low. Being a staff member could be stressful and requires a lot of dedication. Maturity is a big part of being a staff, but you have to be able to handle the workload, the stress, the attention, etc.

Point 2, that's a huge assumption to make. And a rather pointless one. Does it matter if you're really mature if you can't even do your job as a staff member?

Point 3, yea it's a game, so what?

My opinion? Leave it as it is, or increase it to something higher.

Jackelele

Apr 14, 2017
United Kingdom
jackelele.co.uk
Maybe so, but I still think it should be at least lower by one or two years

You may say this, but I seemingly only see it as because you want to apply for the position and you're under the age of 13. As said above, CubeCraft is a huge opportunity and takes up a lot of time especially as a staff member; quote me if I'm wrong, staff. But you're going to be focused a lot more on school because that depends more on your future. I understand that you really want to help the community, which by far I'm sure everyone here would far appreciate. But as said by others '13' is the minimum age of when the majority of people become mature and start to "grow up" more majority of people become mature and start to "grow up" more.

This point here makes no sense, nor does it even seem to support your suggestion; It's a video game made for all ages.

That's discrimination leading to my point about it
You can't call a community, a large one, discriminating because they aren't having an application that's your age. It could be said about a lot of other things in life.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
1.Age has little to do with someone's maturity, you shouldn't be judging by it.
2. It is discriminating against younger people
4. Just because they're younger doesn't mean they don't have the respectfulness of an adult/teenager.
Hypixel's ages restriction for Helper is 17.
  1. Little? Okay, let's give a 5 year-old-kid Admin rank.
  2. Okay, tomorrow you'll see teenagers driving cars :)
  3. From where did you get that fake information?
  4. Tacos won't choose a silly, unrespectful 30 year-old-adult

Feb 1, 2017
Ireland
Hypixel's ages restriction for Helper is 17.
  1. Little? Okay, let's give a 5 year-old-kid Admin rank.
  2. Okay, tomorrow you'll see teenagers driving cars :)
  3. From where did you get that fake information?
  4. Tacos won't choose a silly, unrespectful 30 year-old-adult
Yes but Hypixel have a Jr. Helper for anyone who applies under age and it is also 16

1. Stop being a smart-ass
2. Teenagers do drive cars
3. Please list the fake information
4. I didn't say that

Reactions: PressLaunchMike

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
No i dont agree with your idea
Some people of 13 years Old or less can be more adult that people of 15 or more years old but not all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom