Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Most java mods also have bedrock accounts and moderate there too, but there just arent as many applicants from bedrock as the java community tends to be more invested in things like forums and discord. So for being understaffed, i agree its an issue but currently there isnt a solution. About bugs and response time, a lot of staff members dont know bedrock as well as they know java, and since the infrastructure is different bugs can sometimes take longer to be handled, trust me the dev and admin team are doing their best but there just arent as many resources for bedrock as there are for java (in our community)
A bug report i submitted was denied but the bug is still there

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
you cant force mods to do stuff, keep in mind their still volunteers
They said they are understaffed because they dont wanna take anyone as helper, then say that java staff dont know Bedrock but wont teach them.

I never said to force it on them. Its the fact they are causing the problem themselves then finding excuses for why the problem isn't fixed.

• Love
Reactions: Dualninja

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
12 staff for 50 THOUSAND players?

While I do think that theyre trying their best and stuff, 12 staff for 50k doesnt seem right does it 🤔

Reactions: CeleryAskin
D

Deleted member 492126

Just because you hate the game doesnt mean u dont have to moderate it
I'm not sure where you got this idea from... obviously we don't want to be understaffed but we can't accept every single member that makes an application. To be a staff member you have to be familiar with the Discord server and forums, and being toxic / breaking the rules will also lower your chances.

20 replied and said that they did and every single one replied with they got denied for Toxicity
Believe it or not, staff members can't be toxic. If someone gets denied for toxicity, it's because they were toxic - and it's not something we made up for no reason. If you get denied, it's because we want you to improve something.

We're very aware we need more Bedrock staff members, but we can't force Java staff members to play Bedrock & we can't accept every single Bedrock applicant.

the length of considering ik its to get as much detail as possible but i swear its longer for bedrock than it is for java.
That is simply not true

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not sure where you got this idea from... obviously we don't want to be understaffed but we can't accept every single member who makes an application. To be a staff member you have to be familiar with the Discord server and forums, and being toxic / breaking the rules will also lower your chances

Believe it or not, staff members can't be toxic. If someone gets denied for toxicity, it's because they were toxic - and it's not something we made up for no reason. If you get denied, it's because we want you to improve something

We're very aware we need more Bedrock staff members, but 1) we can't force Java staff members to play Bedrock and 2) we can't accept every single Bedrock applicant

That is simply not true
i tested it out once by not sending a single message in game chat for a month before and during my application to see what would happen and it was denied due to toxicity like bruh

• Love

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hey Salty,

I understand your concerns with the bedrock network and the size of the team compared to the java network. We should first take a look at the communities involved, the bedrock network mainly consists of players on the younger side and as much as I dislike wording it like this, most of the players from the bedrock community are quite immature. Along with that, a majority of them do not integrate themselves with the community through discord/forums. Perhaps they're super active in game but if they are not going to involve themselves/engage with the community this really does not put them in a good spot to be helper. Whilst the java community usually consists of players that are a tad bit older and more mature, along with these good qualities they truly engage with the community through all platforms (discord and forums).

I think your suggestion about not being as strict for bedrock would only have a catastrophic result. We have to keep in mind these players are not just being trusted with in game moderation. They are being trusted to engage with the community appropriately through In-game, discord and the forums, and they are people who will be representing Team Cubecraft as a whole.

I can't say much for bugs as I don't deal with them, but glancing through what you were speaking about. The bug you reported is being worked on and you can't expect some bugs to be miraculously fixed within a week of you reporting the issue. Some bugs will take more time to fix than others (Can take months even), while it would definitely be amazing if the developers could just flick some magical wand and have everything instantly fixed, this is just not the reality of it. I would definitely advise against claiming "they just don't care about it" since I know for a fact everyone on the team cares about Cubecraft and its progression, otherwise we wouldn't be on the team in the first place.

As for the response time, the situation you describe is extremely vague. Maybe the "issue" you claim was dealt with instantly was dealt with because it could've been more urgent/something simple. While your issue could've been something that requires evidence and time for them to review and give a definitive answer. If they didn't get back to you after a day you could have pinged them as a reminder, we are humans, sometimes we can make mistakes/forget something with all the other tasks we have to do. I personally have seen good response time from the staff team and if you truly feel you are gonna be ignored, you can always ping someone (In your case, a moderator for bedrock since you play that version).

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
Hey Salty,

I understand your concerns with the bedrock network and the size of the team compared to the java network. We should first take a look at the communities involved, the bedrock network mainly consists of players on the younger side and as much as I dislike wording it like this, most of the players from the bedrock community are quite immature. Along with that, a majority of them do not integrate themselves with the community through discord/forums. Perhaps they're super active in game but if they are not going to involve themselves/engage with the community this really does not put them in a good spot to be helper. Whilst the java community usually consists of players that are a tad bit older and more mature, along with these good qualities they truly engage with the community through all platforms (discord and forums).

I think your suggestion about not being as strict for bedrock would only have a catastrophic result. We have to keep in mind these players are not just being trusted with in game moderation. They are being trusted to engage with the community appropriately through In-game, discord and the forums, and they are people who will be representing Team Cubecraft as a whole.

I can't say much for bugs as I don't deal with them, but glancing through what you were speaking about. The bug you reported is being worked on and you can't expect some bugs to be miraculously fixed within a week of you reporting the issue. Some bugs will take more time to fix than others (Can take months even), while it would definitely be amazing if the developers could just flick some magical wand and have everything instantly fixed, this is just not the reality of it. I would definitely advise against claiming "they just don't care about it" since I know for a fact everyone on the team cares about Cubecraft and its progression, otherwise we wouldn't be on the team in the first place.

As for the response time, the situation you describe is extremely vague. Maybe the "issue" you claim was dealt with instantly was dealt with because it could've been more urgent/something simple. While your issue could've been something that requires evidence and time for them to review and give a definitive answer. If they didn't get back to you after a day you could have pinged them as a reminder, we are humans, sometimes we can make mistakes/forget something with all the other tasks we have to do. I personally have seen good response time from the staff team and if you truly feel you are gonna be ignored, you can always ping someone (In your case, a moderator for bedrock since you play that version).
I guess the understaffing is still a problem tho :(

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Oh come on Calichin, saturation glitch has been around for nearly a year, eggwars breaks with every update and knockback had a fix and is still broken.

You moderate Bedrock how can you not see this?

• Love

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey Salty,

literally fixing eggwars mega map fallen by reducing the generator spawn level will fix its lag and that doesnt take months

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com

Honestly i think at this point cubecraft are only using bedrock as their revenue as from Reviews alone The eggwars rank has earned $200,000 in its life time and thats not even the ones that have been gifted like come on when bedrock is earning you millions of dollars​
...with the greatest respect salty_shadow.. the Cubecraft company accounts (like all UK company accounts) are in the public domain and upon reading them you'll see that the company isn't exactly rolling in the money. It looks to me like they run a pretty tight ship (which is a good thing). They made a modest profit in 2018 but then had a modest loss in 2019 (the latest accounts available). Their bank overdraft also doubled in 2019 which further illustrates that they're not milking us players which is what seems to be inferred in your post.

It's not easy balancing running a server network, employing staff whilst keeping the whole thing running 24x7. TBH I think they do an incredible job.

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
...with the greatest respect salty_shadow.. the Cubecraft company accounts (like all UK company accounts) are in the public domain and upon reading them you'll see that the company isn't exactly rolling in the money. It looks to me like they run a pretty tight ship (which is a good thing). They made a modest profit in 2018 but then had a modest loss in 2019 (the latest accounts available). Their bank overdraft also doubled in 2019 which further illustrates that they're not milking us players which is what seems to be inferred.

It's not easy balancing running a server network, employing staff whilst keeping the whole thing running 24x7. TBH I think they do an incredible job.
i know where ur coming from in the revenue section

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com

i asked a question in dms with an admin about something and they didnt respond but when it was about the discord server they responded in 5 seconds and fixed it like is it just an ignore and that same admin asked for evidence on something about bedrock 3 weeks ago and said ill get back to u tomorrow about this like do the staff not care about bedrock i bet if i was a java player cube staff would answer all questions that i have and im starting to get really sick and annoyed at how i keep getting pushed to the side when i give ways on how to fix the sever which links back to where i talked about bugs. I know the staff are busy most of the time but like 50k players is way more than javas average of 8k players.​
I don't get where this comes from, simply because an admin didn't get back to you? the specific Admin you are referring to is juggling 99 things at the same time and I know that they meant it when they said they'll get back to you, we're constantly working on Bedrock because we understand its popularity, 99% of my work personally is on Bedrock as well.

As for the under-staffed thing, this is true, but this is because our Java community has been centralized on the forums for a very long time, we're not seeing enough quality bedrock applicants because we didn't advertise our Helper applications in-game, we started doing this and now we're seeing more applicants coming through the door, the hope is that they will stay with the community and get up to the standards required to train for staff.

Bugs are complicated, Bedrock as a client can be quite buggy at times, more bugs pop up way more frequently than Java by a lot, again this comes down to a lot of bugs being present at once and we're trying to fix them quickly so that player experience isn't ruined.

Not all bugs are equal either, some are really hard to fix and not as simple as you might think, some take minutes to fix, it largely depends and you as a player do not know how our network functions and so you can't judge each bug accurately.

As a network, we understand that some bugs ruin your experience for a few games. However, promising that every bugs that are reported will instantly get fixed is unfeasible for the both of us. We have a developer team of around 20, all of which are on larger, separate projects - most of which are extremely time sensitive. We’re excited to be bringing you these, however, it does mean some attention has been brought off of these bug fixes.

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't get where this comes from, simply because an admin didn't get back to you? the specific Admin you are referring to is juggling 99 things at the same time and I know that they meant it when they said they'll get back to you, we're constantly working on Bedrock because we understand its popularity, 99% of my work personally is on Bedrock as well.

As for the under-staffed thing, this is true, but this is because our Java community has been centralized on the forums for a very long time, we're not seeing enough quality bedrock applicants because we didn't advertise our Helper applications in-game, we started doing this and now we're seeing more applicants coming through the door, the hope is that they will stay with the community and get up to the standards required to train for staff.

Bugs are complicated, Bedrock as a client can be quite buggy at times, more bugs pop up way more frequently than Java by a lot, again this comes down to a lot of bugs being present at once and we're trying to fix them quickly so that player experience isn't ruined.

Not all bugs are equal either, some are really hard to fix and not as simple as you might think, some take minutes to fix, it largely depends and you as a player do not know how our network functions and so you can't judge each bug accurately.

As a network, we understand that some bugs ruin your experience for a few games. However, promising that every bugs that are reported will instantly get fixed is unfeasible for the both of us. We have a developer team of around 20, all of which are on larger, separate projects - most of which are extremely time sensitive. We’re excited to be bringing you these, however, it does mean some attention has been brought off of these bug fixes.
i understand about the admin who cant get back instantly and ive not said bugs have to be fixed isntantly but many of the bugs that have been around for years now have made well known members of the community quit because those bugs just dont get fixed after years of questions

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

299 more to 2 000... That is cool xD
ImLeave wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats again :)
ImLeave wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!!!!
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Top Bottom