Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Hello,

I want to know What you have to do, what you must to can, if you are a website developer.

I know that this isn't related to Cubecraft, but I need some help with this.

Do you have to make a website, do you have to help te website with html?

Wich languages do you must to learn for becoming a good website Dev?

@HangarGeek

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I'm not entirely sure, but I have made a smallish website that a few people actually use.
I think that the actual HTML is relatively simple to write, the hard part is planning and designing it. I assume that in larger companies you'll have other people for the design. Depending on the design (one page application vs. dtatic content) you'll need to write more or less javascript for the front end.
The more difficult part to code is probably the backend, including a database, user management etc. Those are most commonly written in php or variants of javascript (node.js) I think, but you can also use other languages like python, go, Java. Databases often use SQL. I'd say that once you know programming, it should be possible to get into a new language relatively easy.

Edit: The framework might take longer to get into than the language, examples that I've tried are Zend for php, express for node, django or flask for python.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
I'm not entirely sure, but I have made a smallish website that a few people actually use.
I think that the actual HTML is relatively simple to write, the hard part is planning and designing it. I assume that in larger companies you'll have other people for the design. Depending on the design (one page application vs. dtatic content) you'll need to write more or less javascript for the front end.
The more difficult part to code is probably the backend, including a database, user management etc. Those are most commonly written in php or variants of javascript (node.js) I think, but you can also use other languages like python, go, Java. Databases often use SQL. I'd say that once you know programming, it should be possible to get into a new language relatively easy.
So you don't have to make your own website, you must only learn js?

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Do you have to make a website, do you have to help te website with html
a minimal HTML & CSS knowledge is a must if you want to start with web development.
HTML, CSS (maybe SASS too), JS (learning some frameworks is pretty helpful), PHP (recommend you learn Codeigniter and Synfony frameworks) and SQL.

Additionally, you can learn Python + Django and Ruby.

Last edited:

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
a minimal HTML & CSS knowledge is a must if you want to start with web development.

HTML, CSS (maybe SASS too), JS (learning some frameworks is pretty helpful), PHP (recommend you learn Codeigniter and Synfony frameworks) and SQL.

Additionally, you can learn Puthon + Django and Ruby.
What is your task if you are a website developer?

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hello,

I want to know What you have to do, what you must to can, if you are a website developer.

I know that this isn't related to Cubecraft, but I need some help with this.

Do you have to make a website, do you have to help te website with html?

@HangarGeek
I think a class that could help a lot in this section you are talking about would be in college :D

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vPhaseAsu wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
i saw you in game earlier!
Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Shainted's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
GiGaGekkies wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
Top Bottom