Which do you think is more annoying

• NOOB

• Beginner

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiro888

Sep 16, 2016
Hey guys Mr_Aro here and i just wanted to share a few of my thoughts about beginners in Tower Defence:

- Spamming one single tower (Most notably Mage and Artillery)
- Placing towers so they take up space for another tower (For example a beginner places a tower in the middle of a 6x6 plot)
- Not reading the chat (In a game of teamwork this is a crucial flaw)

these are just a few things that make me go crazy when you try and win but the inner noob of a beginner comes out

Hullo~ It's time for Jiro's Rant Session.... today, Tower Defense!

Yes, yes, YEEES!
People who spam Mage towers just get on my nerves SO MUCH.... AAAARGH!
And people who don't place their towers well? Yep, that pisses me off too.

But the biggest, most awful thing a person could do in TD?
Do all of the above..... on PURPOSE. ON BLOODY PURPOSE.

Thank goodness for the votekick command.... Sure, you lose a person on your team, but if the vote goes through there's a reason.

Yep-yep, that wraps it up. Sorry for the long post :3

killerwild

Jul 12, 2016
Northern Ireland
Except my friend taught me how to play Tower Defense before I actually played.

I honestly believe some action must be taken to prevent noobs from annoying people.

You can't really stop noobs playing games lol. If you don't want noobs then you need to find others to play with.

killerwild

Jul 12, 2016
Northern Ireland
Stuff like punishing uncooperative noobs after they've been told to stop several times (hey, they've been told to stop). I might start a suggestion thread on this.

Can't really enforce something like that since it's a game anyone can play. Last thing they're going to do is stop people playing or punish them for trying.

Pangu

Sep 6, 2016
If they do a patch, there could be a meta. If they add ranked play, I'd play that stuff.

Rinbunri

Mar 2, 2016
Singapore
My vote would be none of the above, you shouldn't hate players just because they're new to the game. Remember the first time you played tower defence or any other mini games? You were one beginner/noob as well because you're not familiar with the game and how it goes, everyone has their first time in playing these, you wouldn't like people hating on you just because you're new either, am i right? :) Learn to love those new players. Cheers.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
My vote would be none of the above, you shouldn't hate players just because they're new to the game. Remember the first time you played tower defence or any other mini games? You were one beginner/noob as well because you're not familiar with the game and how it goes, everyone has their first time in playing these, you wouldn't like people hating on you just because you're new either, am i right? :) Learn to love those new players. Cheers.
No one hates new players because they are new. They only hate new players who ruin the fun for other people, but more, are (for whatever reason) unwilling to cooperate, take advice, or learn.

Rinbunri

Mar 2, 2016
Singapore
No one hates new players because they are new. They only hate new players who ruin the fun for other people, but more, are (for whatever reason) unwilling to cooperate, take advice, or learn.

There'll be endless hate if everyone thinks like that. So when you're new and don't understand how the game goes, you want people to hate you and call you game spoilers? You should be patient when teaching new players new stuff, and not telling them they suck and they ruin your game in the team. JUST REMEMBER, EVERYONE WAS A NOOB BEFORE.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Noob =/= beginner.

Everyone was a beginner before. Was everyone a noob once? Maybe some, most nope.

Build multiple ice, poison, and fire? Yes, that'll tick me off. A newbie will understand and relocate those. Noobs troll.

Thing is, there's a tutorial but it's not shown right away unless the guys decide to look for it in the game. It would be better to have the tutorial on the side by taking people to an in-progress game and teach the new players.

Rinbunri

Mar 2, 2016
Singapore
Noobs and beginners are more or less the same, they're inexperienced. Trolls are trolls, nothing to do with being an adept or beginner.

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
05b0050caee6445cabe482caa601b123.png

Rinbunri

Mar 2, 2016
Singapore
google > urban dictionary my friend. Urban dictionary is based on people. Noob is a slang for newbie btw if you didn't know. I'd suggest you start using the formal dictionaries instead of community based dictionaries.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
google > urban dictionary my friend. Urban dictionary is based on people. Noob is a slang for newbie btw if you didn't know. I'd suggest you start using the formal dictionaries instead of community based dictionaries.
I actually use formal dictionaries. That's true that they're denotatively the same, but when it comes to the informal definition, there's a difference.

Let's see: How many people call each other noobs when they get salty? A lot. Ever see them call the same players "newbies"? No. Quite often "noob" is used as an insult, giving it the negative tone.

Stankstank69

Sep 20, 2016
Your Heart
Noob =/= beginner.

Everyone was a beginner before. Was everyone a noob once? Maybe some, most nope.

Build multiple ice, poison, and fire? Yes, that'll tick me off. A newbie will understand and relocate those. Noobs troll.

Thing is, there's a tutorial but it's not shown right away unless the guys decide to look for it in the game. It would be better to have the tutorial on the side by taking people to an in-progress game and teach the new players.
9cb135248606408a86933bb83dfc6bda.png

Reactions: Rinbunri

Rinbunri

Mar 2, 2016
Singapore
I actually use formal dictionaries. That's true that they're denotatively the same, but when it comes to the informal definition, there's a difference.

Let's see: How many people call each other noobs when they get salty? A lot. Ever see them call the same players "newbies"? No. Quite often "noob" is used as an insult, giving it the negative tone.

Noob is the new meta for newbie, people seldom use the word newbie anymore in game due to the fact that everybody is using noob instead. If you use those big dictionaries, you should be able to tell that 90% of those dictionaries say that noob = newbie in a certain area. And explains about that trend.

Stankstank69

Sep 20, 2016
Your Heart

They get salty when being called noob is because they don't know the actual meaning of noob. Like you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Old Picture a friend did when I did Roblox videos hahah. I think this thumbnail never got used but I still like this art style:D
20210306_172301.png
Evaluatiefout wrote on Frontlane's profile.
chipi chipi chapa chapa
Frontlane wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom