Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
50 reports is a lot of reports, I know a lot of people who would be great helpers and mods but they are held back by not having 50 reports.

Not everyone plays pvp games all day everyday and therefore people who play games like tower defence and arcade games would have little to no hacker reports.

I mean doesn't 5 reports on bedrock show that you can still get great mods from having a lower number of reports?

xEefster

Novice Member
Jan 7, 2021
The Netherlands
Hey there! I do agree with this suggestion but I'd like to add some more reasons ;p
- 1.8 being removed doesn't resolve most of the hackers, even though the constantly being updated Sentinal does. With Sentinal being this good it is hard to find some hackers.
- Another thing is that the chatfilter keeps getting updated which makes it also harder to find people with inappropriated language.

- Another thing is that currently this year more people left than joined the team. If it continues like that there is a chance that there might be a lack of moderators later on. By lowering the requirements now it will solve that problem before it even exists :o

Even though I do agree that it should get lowered I think it shouldn't get too low. Otherwise there will be plenty of applications with people who do not actually know the rules.

Hqteful

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 18, 2019
Rotterdam
50 Reports is a good amount imo, although there might not be as many cheaters as there used to be, there are still plenty of other rulebreakers. You can still find people swearing, trolling, camping, etc on a daily basis. I feel like if the requirements get lowered, this would also lead to helpers not knowing the rules good enough to assist people with questions and more helpers not passing their trial.

xNoFalling05

Jun 16, 2018
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
50 Reports is a good amount imo, although there might not be as many cheaters as there used to be, there are still plenty of other rulebreakers. You can still find people swearing, trolling, camping, etc on a daily basis. I feel like if the requirements get lowered, this would also lead to helpers not knowing the rules good enough to assist people with questions and more helpers not passing their trial.
Good point but having reports doesn’t mean you’re a good helper or mature enough for being A helper it just shows that you took time for a requirement for the application but doesn’t show that you’re a good mature helper. Otherwise The amount of players dropped so hard and the staffmembers also dropped I had a friend who was mod but just stopped playing the game it was basketman13

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
But 5 reports is ok on Bedrock? You can learn what's punishable in your training you don't have to know everything before you become a helper

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I personally think the current requirements are already mild as they are. The report requirement used to be way more demanding of users.

Yes, players may have a hard time coming across rule-breakers, but rule-breakers doesn’t only mean cheaters. There are still plenty of other categories that, like @Hqteful said, you will come across on a regular basis.

The future applicant in question will need to have at least somewhat of an understanding of the rules and through the ways of a minimum amount of reports you can at least make sure of this fact in some way.

Good point but having reports doesn’t mean you’re a good helper or mature enough for being A helper it just shows that you took time for a requirement for the application but doesn’t show that you’re a good mature helper. Otherwise The amount of players dropped so hard and the staffmembers also dropped I had a friend who was mod but just stopped playing the game it was basketman13
Have you ever read the Helper application information thread? If you’ve read it thoroughly, I assume you must know that having a certain amount of reports isn’t the only requirement.

I’d like to say that the way they handle these applications is actually more complicated and a lot more thought-through than you think. The minimum reports and minimum posts requirements are both meant to show your dedication. It shows you’re willing to invest time in the ‘job’ you’re applying for.

You seem to be underestimating the recruiters. They know very well that these requirements don’t mean everything. I think it is pretty clear that that isn’t the only thing they look at. They take in account your activity, your punishments, your general behaviour, you name it. Those show whether you’re fit to be a helper. They just need to set clear standards so that not everyone applies, but only those who actually put in the time and effort. Otherwise they’d be checking applications and tracking activity from the most random of users and wouldn’t have a set line as to when someone is even slightly fit for the position. You’re right that you can’t derive maturity from a minimum number requirement for something. Maturity is shown over time. That’s why they keep track of all of the applicants that have reached the Considering stage’s behaviour. I think you might be forgetting the fact that they also take in account that everyone is different and they don’t only set concrete standards.

I’m not entirely sure what the last part that you mentioned has to do with your previous statement.

But 5 reports is ok on Bedrock? You can learn what's punishable in your training you don't have to know everything before you become a helper
I’m just going to be straightforward: The fact that Bedrock applicants only need 5 reports is rather upsetting, but they have reasoning to do this. They set low requirements for Bedrock because Bedrock is seriously in need of more moderation staff. Bedrock has a very large playerbase due to the fact that it is accessible on every device. Java, on the other hand, has a limited playerbase. Therefore, I think Java applicants and lowering the requirements should not be a priority. In fact, it shouldn’t be lowered at all in my opinion.

Yes, you do learn the details about what is punishable and whatnot, but knowledge of the rules and general knowledge of the punishment tracks is nothing less than a must even before becoming a helper. Helpers, and Moderators, won’t always know everything and will make mistakes occasionally - I speak from experience -, but you should know that standards need to be set. They can’t risk having someone incredibly irresponsible and unconscious of the rules be part of the staff team. You need to at least know basics. Imagine like applying for a job as a developer somewhere but not even knowing how to code. Yeah, you’ll learn it along the way, but companies definitely wouldn’t want someone who has limited, if not no, knowledge about something they applied for.

D

Deleted member 347571

I personally think the current requirements are already mild as they are. The report requirement used to be way more demanding of users.

Yes, players may have a hard time coming across rule-breakers, but rule-breakers doesn’t only mean cheaters. There are still plenty of other categories that, like @Hqteful said, you will come across on a regular basis.

The future applicant in question will need to have at least somewhat of an understanding of the rules and through the ways of a minimum amount of reports you can at least make sure of this fact in some way.

Have you ever read the Helper application information thread? If you’ve read it thoroughly, I assume you must know that having a certain amount of reports isn’t the only requirement.

I’d like to say that the way they handle these applications is actually more complicated and a lot more thought-through than you think. The minimum reports and minimum posts requirements are both meant to show your dedication. It shows you’re willing to invest time in the ‘job’ you’re applying for.

You seem to be underestimating the recruiters. They know very well that these requirements don’t mean everything. I think it is pretty clear that that isn’t the only thing they look at. They take in account your activity, your punishments, your general behaviour, you name it. Those show whether you’re fit to be a helper. They just need to set clear standards so that not everyone applies, but only those who actually put in the time and effort. Otherwise they’d be checking applications and tracking activity from the most random of users and wouldn’t have a set line as to when someone is even slightly fit for the position. You’re right that you can’t derive maturity from a minimum number requirement for something. Maturity is shown over time. That’s why they keep track of all of the applicants that have reached the Considering stage’s behaviour. I think you might be forgetting the fact that they also take in account that everyone is different and they don’t only set concrete standards.

I’m not entirely sure what the last part that you mentioned has to do with your previous statement.

I’m just going to be straightforward: The fact that Bedrock applicants only need 5 reports is rather upsetting, but they have reasoning to do this. They set low requirements for Bedrock because Bedrock is seriously in need of more moderation staff. Bedrock has a very large playerbase due to the fact that it is accessible on every device. Java, on the other hand, has a limited playerbase. Therefore, I think Java applicants and lowering the requirements should not be a priority. In fact, it shouldn’t be lowered at all in my opinion.

Yes, you do learn the details about what is punishable and whatnot, but knowledge of the rules and general knowledge of the punishment tracks is nothing less than a must even before becoming a helper. Helpers, and Moderators, won’t always know everything and will make mistakes occasionally - I speak from experience -, but you should know that standards need to be set. They can’t risk having someone incredibly irresponsible and unconscious of the rules be part of the staff team. You need to at least know basics. Imagine like applying for a job as a developer somewhere but not even knowing how to code. Yeah, you’ll learn it along the way, but companies definitely wouldn’t want someone who has limited, if not no, knowledge about something they applied for.
great point

Reactions: Hoshi and FoxFil_

xNoFalling05

Jun 16, 2018
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him

the middle part I don't have a single punishment on my accounts and Im active but I don't underestimate it I was helper and promoted to mod on a ffa server its not cube but still its hard work they put into the server I know that and yeah if you compare bedrock against java it isn't fair but I get that you can't be helper so fast but I know in life you always start from 0 they just need to give you a chance and you have to proof you're best at it. life isn't fair I

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I think that the minimum requirements should not be lowered, they should be much higher since they currently seem extremely low to me in the case of Bedrock and in terms of Java as well (If someone really thinks 50 reports is a lot, that shows that they are not really prepared) and this has been shown in some of the last Helper waves, that some people with few reports have not been promoted to Moderator.

This is my opinion, although there can always be exceptions, but in general, people with that amount of reports or who believe that there are a lot and should be less, means that they are not prepared for it.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Im in bit in between. I think 50 is quite a good amount. You can get this in a few months (or a few weeks if you work hard). It takes some effort, but it is not the end. I have 19 reports in 9 years. I didn’t put that much effort into reports, but it used to be much easier to report ppl. I feel like bringing down the minimum will lead to more quality reports instead of grinding for it. On the other hand it might make it easier for people who are less aware of the rules to become part of the staff team. I wonder which amount you’d suggest.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
50 reports is a lot of reports, I know a lot of people who would be great helpers and mods but they are held back by not having 50 reports.
Are you talking about me 🥺

So uhmm, I've spent 21 days and 4 hours learning how it is to be a nice and helpful player in Tower Defence. I've been reading the rules several times and also helped players in the Discord server. I got a grand total of 2 reports that can be gotten nowadays too. (There's quite a few that are TD trolling reports, u can't get these anymore since they fixed tower claiming in last update)
Point is, I would need 12.700 hours to get Helper... And the requirement is really to make sure you can do 1 of 12 tasks listed here.
I've also been moderator/admin/owner on several Discord servers, some related to CubeCraft. This got me quite the curriculum that's needed to become a helper.

And it took me about 1,5 hour to get the Bedrock requirements (other than that I need to sit back and chill till I got 2 months of server activity)

I don't think this is really fair... People can be good staff without having that much reports. What would be the damage if you made an override requirement of 1 year of server activity for example?

ReZort

Feb 15, 2022
#🤝︱community・corner
Pronouns
He/Him
As it is written in the helper applications info: “The counter of the minimum accepted complaints is needed so that we understand that you understand the basics of moderation” (approximately), so I think that 50 complaints is a lot to understand the basics

• Disagree
Reactions: Amazinq

xNoFalling05

Jun 16, 2018
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Are you talking about me 🥺

So uhmm, I've spent 21 days and 4 hours learning how it is to be a nice and helpful player in Tower Defence. I've been reading the rules several times and also helped players in the Discord server. I got a grand total of 2 reports that can be gotten nowadays too. (There's quite a few that are TD trolling reports, u can't get these anymore since they fixed tower claiming in last update)
Point is, I would need 12.700 hours to get Helper... And the requirement is really to make sure you can do 1 of 12 tasks listed here.
I've also been moderator/admin/owner on several Discord servers, some related to CubeCraft. This got me quite the curriculum that's needed to become a helper.

And it took me about 1,5 hour to get the Bedrock requirements (other than that I need to sit back and chill till I got 2 months of server activity)

I don't think this is really fair... People can be good staff without having that much reports. What would be the damage if you made an override requirement of 1 year of server activity for example?
Well I was thinking about 30reports still not that much but its not you can get it in like 1week last days so only people who actually care about it will become it

• Disagree
Reactions: Amazinq

Begijntje

Apr 17, 2019
I disagree, because I think that 50 reports is just fine. It's neither a lot or a few, but still shows you somewhat have dedication to the server.

• Agree
Reactions: Hoshi and Amazinq
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom