Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Why would you have to warn a staff member? If it's one thing, they created the rules, not us. They also have to follow the rules just like we do. They also have more expectations as staff (very little to no room for error in their behavior). They had their warning already by reading the rules, filling out the application, and then enforcing the same rules. No additional warning is required if a staff member breaks a rule.

Believe it or not, there actually is a rule against swearing in the voice channels. A mod said this himself.

If its accidentally.. I know, staff should't be so careless and should pay more attention around here. I agree with what you said above.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I highly doubt staff go around swearing randomly on Discord. From my experience, they usually swear around people who couldn't care less, or people who they are pretty friendly with. Language should be minded, but unless it's a full blown attack on someone, I don't mind swearing. This is a kids friendly server, but this doesn't consitite the entire player base. Be aware that most people are probably familiar with most swear words, and that they would most likely see it on a frequent bases, whether in Minecraft, the Internet, IRL.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
How about just not join that chat?
If you dont want hear hear swearing, then just dont join it.

Swearing, atleast now a days, is common.
There was actually just a study that if you swear before you lift weights you have a better chance of completing the rep or something along those lines.

I swear everyonce and a while, not the f-bomb though.
Usually another word for dog poop ;)
But i dont swear on discord.

Maybe just ask them nicely to limit their swearing.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
I swear everyonce and a while, not the f-bomb though.
Funny. The f bomb is like the only swear word I use, most times while exaggerating something ( this is F-bomb sad, f-bomb awesome, etc .), so never towards somebody, and never trying to offend. The only othe word I might use is k*t, which is a Dutch swear word.
Imo, the f bomb is one of the most innocent swear words, as it can't be directed to somebody.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Funny. The f bomb is like the only swear word I use, most times while exaggerating something ( this is F-bomb sad, f-bomb awesome, etc .), so never towards somebody, and never trying to offend. The only othe word I might use is k*t, which is a Dutch swear word.
Imo, the f bomb is one of the most innocent swear words, as it can't be directed to somebody.
I cant say it mainly because my parents dont let me ;-;

Reactions: Cyqni

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Well There's a difference between staff and members when it comes to cases like this, People look up to staff and look for authority and help and role models, so how can we exspect players to follow the rules if staff doesn't.
Re-read the end of the thread
Also talking about being family friendly you should know those words and accept people say them whether or not it is a staff member or not
Another thing I see that you could unintentionally swear like after someone tells you too swear saying no I am not going to say... and saying it accidentally
You can't just attack someone for a rejection

Reactions: KitKatkels17

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Just and idea. Maybe we could have a family-friendly policy on the Discord... I logged into one of the voice chats just to hear a staff member dropping F-bombs repeatedly... I really think this is unacceptable for a server trying to be family friendly... Not just Staff but members too.
This is against our server policies. If you find a staff member abusing their rank or violating the rules, report them here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/staff-abuse.53/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Blom's profile.
Hi Blom
Matriox wrote on Hoshi's profile.
🧙‍♂️
UncleSpect wrote on Reesle's profile.
hoiiii rees 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on Amazinq's profile.
when helper
Matriox wrote on Reesle's profile.
You're very creative with your bundle and Skyblock Island ideas! You could be writing the specifications for Cube updates
Top Bottom