Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaHammy

Mar 29, 2016
Italy
I can agree on that the language in the Voice Chats on Discord is too 'dirty' sometimes, maybe the staff & members could pay more attention at not swearing or something like that. But there is dirty language everywhere. Cubecraft can't just mute everyone who swears in a voice chat. I think if it goes too far, or if someone is getting hurt by that stuff someone is saying to someone, then it should be a rule to me. But otherwise, I would people just let swear, since it's not getting harmful.

Daniel_H212

May 8, 2016
my personal hell
It's really hard to watch what you say, especially if you swear frequently.
Unlike when you're writing things, you can look back at what you're saying & you'll be more conscious about swearing. I for one, swear every so often & I can't help it to be honest.
I don't want this to be a rule, sorry.

I agree. However, people should still try to make an effort to swear as little as possible. It shouldn't be a "rule" per se, but swearing is something that people should be told to try to avoid in the voice chats.

PleaseReferToMyRealSelf

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2017
a Winter Kyberland.
Unlike when you're writing things, you can look back at what you're saying & you'll be more conscious about swearing. I for one, swear every so often & I can't help it to be honest.
But for staff I think it should be a rule.
To me it is unacceptable.

Reactions: KitKatkels17

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I remember you joined shortly before and didn't talk. I was in that call, I was swearing, there were staff members in the call but they were not swearing. So if you're going to make claims, do make sure that they are true.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
No swearing can be added to the rules. Sometimes I say just a normal word and they say "watch your language" For example I said "howw" and they are telling me off for "language" I don't think its even a swear word, is it? Just reasonable swear words, not just some random words that you get told off my staff.
Also if you see a staff member dropping the f word, and repeating it, you can warn him/her first before reporting him/her, if the situation is getting worst.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I agree. However, people should still try to make an effort to swear as little as possible. It shouldn't be a "rule" per se, but swearing is something that people should be told to try to avoid in the voice chats.
But for staff I think it should be a rule.
To me it is unacceptable.

It's hard to break a habit, and I sure as heck wouldn't want the feeling that I'm being censored when I speak. If I feel I need to swear while speaking, I will.
The same goes for staff, as casually swearing in general is a very stress-relieving thing in my opinion.

I remember you joined shortly before and didn't talk. I was in that call, I was swearing, there were staff members in the call but they were not swearing.
Just a little fact: Your experience isn't the same as his experience. This could mean that they've sworn a lot around him, but rarely around you.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
His use of languages shows that this just happened shortly before he made the thread.
upload_2017-5-18_22-28-57.gif

( didn't put this in words, as I wouldn't feel satisfied with the post )

I can control my swearing perfectly. I usually speak to each person in the voice they prefer. I don't really think it is that hard.
YOU can, but that doesn't mean OTHERS can.
Old habits die hard.

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
This is extremely surprising to me seeing how kid friendly this server is, I do 100% Agree with this, no matter who you are you should still follow the rules of no swearing because other wise that's a little hypocritical Muting people for swearing yet you swear on the servers discord. not gonna lie I'm disappointed CubeCraft staff :/
Edit: I'd also like to add that in a stream a few days ago I could've miss heard but I'm pretty sure I heard one of the Owners say S*** and I could've miss heard but if I didn't then honestly I think it's Extremely Inaproppriete to Swear on discord, and yes to use discord there's a good chance you're old enough to hear those words but if you are announcing a stream on the server ethier don't swear or have a warning saying
**WARNING FOUL LANGUAGE**
or something

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I think people should really do their best to avoid swearing on discord as some players on there are much younger than others. But it is understandable that sometimes as a reaction to getting killed or something in game a foul word may slip. There should be a warning associated with this and if they player can't control this, they should be banned from the discord channel.

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
How could I not blow? When all I do is drop F-bombs in my wrath of attack.

It's part of the English language. You're going to learn these words sooner or later.
You can't expect people to stop swearing because you don't like it. That's like telling someone they can't say "hi" or "goodbye". Ridiculous really.
It's really just a way to express yourself. At least.

A tag shouldn't define one's capabilities. They are human just as much as we are. They shouldn't be restricted.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
You mean like this
Nope not gonna say it

I really think this is unacceptable for a server trying to be family friendly
As said above there are problems with it and you can't just stop yourself from doing it
If you don't like it than just don't use it with players who swear
K
I generally don't swear
When I do it is either an accident or I just don't consider it a swear

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
As said above there are problems with it and you can't just stop yourself from doing it
If you don't like it than just don't use it with players who swear
K
I generally don't swear
When I do it is either an accident or I just don't consider it a swear
Well There's a difference between staff and members when it comes to cases like this, People look up to staff and look for authority and help and role models, so how can we exspect players to follow the rules if staff doesn't. Not to mention a staff members job should be treated like a actual job and let me ask you this, if you're a teacher and standing in a room full of 5th graders and you see that the kids turned all the homework into paper airplanes and threw them out the window, not to mention this is graded homework that you spent 3 hours grading, What are you gonna do? Swear? no, cause it's part of your job to stay calm when mad and keeping a place full of Children PG

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Also if you see a staff member dropping the f word, and repeating it, you can warn him/her first before reporting him/her, if the situation is getting worst.
Why would you have to warn a staff member? If it's one thing, they created the rules, not us. They also have to follow the rules just like we do. They also have more expectations as staff (very little to no room for error in their behavior). They had their warning already by reading the rules, filling out the application, and then enforcing the same rules. No additional warning is required if a staff member breaks a rule.

Believe it or not, there actually is a rule against swearing in the voice channels. A mod said this himself.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
Staff members aren't actors, as you might know. I couldn't control myself, so why would they? If you care so much about people swearing, get in a private call with your friends. I think trying to control ourselves could be beneficial, yet I don't think it should be a rule. After all, if you're on the internet talking to complete strangers, you should be old enough to not care about people swearing.
As long as it's not directed to somebody, I don't care about swearing.

Reactions: Despacito 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉🎂
BicolourSine41 wrote on maggienoodles's profile.
Happy Birthday!
BicolourSine41 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Way to late birthday wishes! Sorry!
ngl the only reason im being active on minecraft is because of my cousin
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on maggienoodles's profile.
Happy Birthday! And also have a good day today!:D
Top Bottom