Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should these suggestions be implemented?

• Total voters

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Hello! I’ve been working on this thread for a good while now, I’ve put in a lot of effort so please do consider my suggestions!

Now, as much as I’d like to see 1.10+ features I’ll refrain from suggesting any on this thread.

💎Diamond Kit:

I’d first like to start off with the diamond kit. We all know how useful it is - diamond leggings and a sword from a single block. (Or make an axe straight from the get go.)

Proposed change: Diamond kit yields 5 diamonds instead of one block.

💓Healer Kit:

The kit as it stands gives 3 instant-health potions. Now, how exactly is this super-useful midfight? Wouldn’t I just take the gapple kit instead?

Proposed changes: (Not all of these changes have to be made:)

1. User of kit is able to see teammate health.
2. Change from consumable to splash potions.
3. Include Regeneration potion.
4. Include a healing bow.

🚧Barricade Kit:

I think this is a good kit. I like to be mean and trap players and let them live inside the cage for a while. But why not increase the amount of obsidian from 8 - 16?

Proposed Changes:

Add 8 extra obsidian to the kit.

🗿Villager Kit:

I love this kit, if you’re lucky and get a villager tower you always have some extra emeralds to trade with. However 16 emeralds isn’t enough to trade with the 2 villagers we get.

Proposed Changes:

Increase emeralds to 32.

👷🏽‍♀️Builder Kit:

Since it’s a builder kit I’m not really a fan of there being only 16 blocks, especially if I can just use the TNT kit for blocks AND a fake lucky block.

Proposed Change:

Contents:
10 Endstone
10 Bricks
10 Wool of random colour

Autobow 🏹

Implement a 2 second animation before firing the weapon. The animation will serve as a warning to opponents to move out of range. Currently the weapon can spam several arrows at the enemy and kill them pretty easy. I am not against that, but at least give an opportunity for us to prepare. With that said, I am severely against a decrease in damage output or firerate.

Shotgun bow 🏹

Let’s talk about why this bow fails as a decent weapon. One, the arrow spread is too wide to hit the enemies in front of you. Two, damage output is too low and three, cooldown is too long.

First off, I think we should change how this bow fundamentally behaves.

Rather than have it shoot 5 arrows at various angles just have it shoot a cluster of arrows at the target. The angle deviation needs to be lesser than it is currently so we can actually hit multiple enemies.

Second, let the cooldown activate after firing every 3 shots.

Elytra 🧚‍♀️needs a durability nerf as people really have a fun time flying around large team maps indefinitely, it seems. This is a big issue on the older maps which are basically camper heavens.

Dragon Breath Wand
🐲🐉

I personally feel this wand is both broken and weak. I’m okay with some wands being weak however and I think that it doesn’t need a buff.

I don’t feel it was designed to be a really good wand? Btw the fire breath passes through shield wand shields so maybe fix that.

The other obvious big problem is the cat. I just wanted to mention it in my thread. I’m pretty sure we all hate it. Something ought to be done.

Let’s get to the good stuff now! The suggestions!

Skeleton Horse Mount☠

Spawns as a boss mob. Has a 5 second summoning animation, so get away while you can!

When it spawns in it will attempt to kill you by bodyslamming you. When it lands it displaces blocks around it . If you hit it as soon as it lands it gets stunned. Use this opportunity to climb atop and attempt to tame this beast.

Summons, from the unknown depths of the underworld the bony remains of what once was an ancient equine. The beast’s skeletal form lacks any evidence of tissue and organs. It appears to neither see, hear nor taste however it spares no effort to pursue human entities with a fury and vengeance unlike no other.

Zombie Horse Mount🐴

It’s a pretty basic horse mount. Nothing special to see here. Summoned by the unknown power of the lucky block, it’s body reeks of decay. The creature itself seems unable to obey commands, perhaps due to it’s decayed brain.

This mob cannot be ridden. So much for being a mount. But, feed it a golden apple and a golden carrot, splash it with some regen and it’ll turn into a unicorn.

Unicorn Mount 🦄

Unicorn charge does damage, the horse has Jump Boost as well. Cool mount. Can’t be bothered to make a Bio for this one

Ghast mount 👻

Wanna fly a ghast and shoot fireballs here’s your thing. 6 sec cooldown on ghast fireball. Be careful though, ghasts can’t breathe at high heights and also are easily shot down.

Drops ghast tear on death.

Here’s a picture of a new sugarcane structure!
View attachment 168420

I seriously think they ought to add some more food sources + source for leather!! (Cow spawn eggs aren’t enough nor are they common.)

Here’s this leached cow thing:

View attachment 168421
I’ve also included a 🐮🍄 mooshroom!

Presenting the netherwart structure! It’s only possible to brew awkward potions on ONE map - Orc, teams of four. This should make things easier, for me at least, I like doing crazy things on Lucky Islands.

View attachment 167913

Much like the Pig King and the Knight, Thunder McKing is a boss mob which drops The Tornado Tomahawk on death.

(Image - Thunder McKing in Screeching 60’s stage, spawning in a tornado.)View attachment 168422

Ability:
Thunder McKing has 3 stages: Roaring 40’s , Furious 50’s and Screeching 60’s. Each stage get’s progressively harder.

Stage 1: Spawning

Thunder McKing attacks players with his axe and occasionally blocks.

10% chance to cause lightning strikes near players with his axe

Stage 2: Down to 2/3 health

Weather changes to Thunderstorm for 3 minutes. Now has 50% chance to strike nearby players with lightning every strike of his axe.

Stage 3: Final 3rd of health.

He now begins to spawn tornadoes out of his axe. The tornadoes will suck and throw nearby players away, if unlucky, into the void.

He’s designed to be the hardest boss-mob. If you don’t want to deal with him, run away.

His axe: the tornado tomahawk-
(Dropped as reward)
(Efficency 2 Diamond Axe)

If should have a custom texture. Right click to spawn tornado (cooldown 46sec) Make sure not to get caught in the tornado yourself!
This is a basic sketch of an idea i have - basically it’ll spawn in 30 baby withers with 20 HP each, size set to small. If you can kill them, you’ll get the potion resistance chestplate which negates all ill potion effects!

Really do like these changes, but I did also choose to edit your changes a little, as I feel like these would make more sense:

Instead of 5 diamonds it should be 6. With 5 you can’t make a sword and have diamonds left for anything other than an axe, pickaxe or shovel (or hoe...). Makes the kit way too useless. With 6 you can make a sword and at least have a pair of boots as well. Would make the kit more balanced, and not completely garbage.

I do agree with the first one, it’d be a neat little ability that’s not very overpowered.
Second and third are also great, but in the third one it should be a healing wand instead of the regeneration potion.

Additionally, I don’t understand quite how the bow would work. Is healing bows already a part of eggwars, or is it a new addition with this kit? I’ve taken a little break from the server so I’m not fully familiar with the new updates. Would the bow heal teammates that you hit with it? Please enlighten me.

I don’t have any issues with your proposals for the Barricade- and Villager kits.

In my opinion, it should be 30 of one type of blocks, preferably bricks as it’s an ongoing theme with the builder kits, as it’s a little messy right now and would only take up extra inventory space.

I love how you want to keep the DPS, as do I. But, 2 seconds before shooting is way too much. Under the course of 2 seconds you could literally build a wall to protect yourself.
It should be 0.5 seconds instead, as well as a “ping” (noteblock sound) when someone is charging it up.

The rest I fully agree with.

As for your addition suggestions, I really like the ideas, can’t really find anything to not like about them, well done!

Marijin said~
you didn't mention Lucky Block drops. Some of them also need a change in my opinion. I didn't really think this out but the first things that come up in me are the building tower and the small farm thing. They are just so useless. The thing that bothers me the most is that the building tower is in blessed. It's just so useless and I feel like in blessed mode every lucky block you open should be somehow useful.
From the sugarcane, to the netherwart + All the kit changes I completely agree however the diamond kit, no matter how many diamonds above 2 is way too overpowered.
If I had to make changes to it I'd either make it 3 diamonds or 8 diamond ore.

Last edited:

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I completely agree with everything you said about re-balancing. I was actually thinking about making a similar thread for a while. I feel like Lucky Islands really needs an update and it's great they're working on it now! Also the idea's you had of new bosses are interesting. It would be awesome if they added some more bosses!

However you didn't mention Lucky Block drops. Some of them also need a change in my opinion. I didn't really think this out but the first things that come up in me are the building tower and the small farm thing. They are just so useless. The thing that bothers me the most is that the building tower is in blessed. It's just so useless and I feel like in blessed mode every lucky block you open should be somehow useful.

Anyway, good thread! I hope staff will notice it!

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
Really do like these changes, but I did also choose to edit your changes a little, as I feel like these would make more sense:

💎Diamond Kit:

I’d first like to start off with the diamond kit. We all know how useful it is - diamond leggings and a sword from a single block. (Or make an axe straight from the get go.)

Instead of 5 diamonds it should be 6. With 5 you can’t make a sword and have diamonds left for anything other than an axe, pickaxe or shovel (or hoe...). Makes the kit way too useless. With 6 you can make a sword and at least have a pair of boots as well. Would make the kit more balanced, and not completely garbage.

💓Healer Kit:

The kit as it stands gives 3 instant-health potions. Now, how exactly is this super-useful midfight? Wouldn’t I just take the gapple kit instead?

I do agree with the first one, it’d be a neat little ability that’s not very overpowered.
Second and third are also great, but in the third one it should be a healing wand instead of the regeneration potion.

Additionally, I don’t understand quite how the bow would work. Is healing bows already a part of eggwars, or is it a new addition with this kit? I’ve taken a little break from the server so I’m not fully familiar with the new updates. Would the bow heal teammates that you hit with it? Please enlighten me.

I don’t have any issues with your proposals for the Barricade- and Villager kits.

👷🏽‍♀️Builder Kit:

Since it’s a builder kit I’m not really a fan of there being only 16 blocks, especially if I can just use the TNT kit for blocks AND a fake lucky block.

Proposed Change:

Contents:
10 Endstone
10 Bricks
10 Wool of random colour
In my opinion, it should be 30 of one type of blocks, preferably bricks as it’s an ongoing theme with the builder kits, as it’s a little messy right now and would only take up extra inventory space.

Autobow 🏹

Implement a 2 second animation before firing the weapon. The animation will serve as a warning to opponents to move out of range. Currently the weapon can spam several arrows at the enemy and kill them pretty easy. I am not against that, but at least give an opportunity for us to prepare. With that said, I am severely against a decrease in damage output or firerate.
I love how you want to keep the DPS, as do I. But, 2 seconds before shooting is way too much. Under the course of 2 seconds you could literally build a wall to protect yourself.
It should be 0.5 seconds instead, as well as a “ping” (noteblock sound) when someone is charging it up.

As for your addition suggestions, I really like the ideas, can’t really find anything to not like about them, well done!

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
@Milhatowo Can I add your suggestions in as “Feedback section” in my suggestion?

Healing bows will heal your teammates on hit from an arrow. Ideally they’ll be useless on solo, so maybe they wont be on rotation there.

If people feel as though the heal bow is too useless then maybe make it so that it does regular damage to enemies but heals any teammate it hits.

Reactions: RemiFan

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
Can I add your suggestions in as “Feedback section” in my suggestion?
Sure you may!

Healing bows will heal your teammates on hit from an arrow. Ideally they’ll be useless on solo, so maybe they wont be on rotation there.

If people feel as though the heal bow is too useless then maybe make it so that it does regular damage to enemies but heals any teammate it hits.
It’d be great if the Healing Bow had some form of use in solo as well, maybe even that it gives a withering effect instead of regeneration upon impact with an enemy? 1 Second of withering after getting hit with a Healing Bow (Both for teams and solo).
Would make it less useless and give it a special property.
Seeing as it could be a little OP, it could only be obtained through the kit maybe.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
very good yes great 👍
images

Reactions: Meiske

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
From the sugarcane, to the netherwart + All the kit changes I completely agree however the diamond kit, no matter how many diamonds above 2 is way too overpowered.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Ive added it in the feedback part of the thread but rest assured Lez, this is a change the tryhards will not like. We need to strike a balance, even though I agree with you on this one.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
💎Diamond Kit:

For this one I do agree with Lezappen: I'd rather have 8 diamond ore blocks (and possibly an iron pickaxe with 3-5 durability left. An even more fun idea would be to get 8 diamond ores and an iron pickaxe with 1 durability left and it's enchanted with unbreaking V, so you could be lucky (that's what the game is all about) and get all 8 diamonds or you could be unlucky and only get 1 diamond)

💓Healer Kit:

I think this kit should get 2 and 3, 1 is basically the unfair health indicator mod half of the server uses and 4 doesn't exist (unless you mean the regeneration wand).

🚧Barricade Kit:

I think this is a good kit. I like to be mean and trap players and let them live inside the cage for a while. But why not increase the amount of obsidian from 8 - 16?

Proposed Changes:

Add 8 extra obsidian to the kit.
Ya why not, I'd like to see something extra added to this kit, like a shield (which barricades arrows? idk)

🗿Villager Kit:

I love this kit, if you’re lucky and get a villager tower you always have some extra emeralds to trade with. However 16 emeralds isn’t enough to trade with the 2 villagers we get.

Proposed Changes:

Increase emeralds to 32.
I'd even say to increase the amout of emeralds to 48 OR to increase the spawn eggs from 2 to 3, there is a high chance to get a cleric or librarian

👷🏽‍♀️Builder Kit:

Proposed Change:

Contents:
10 Endstone
10 Bricks
10 Wool of random colour
I'm not really fine with this one, the builder kit is a free kit so shouldn't be too special

Autobow 🏹

I used to agree with changing the autobow but now, a year later, I have a totally different opinion on this bow. It is true that the bow is quite OP. I personally never use it unless someone uses their autobow against me or when someone has way more armour than me. I wouldn't mind the animation but I also wouldn't mind the bow staying how it is right now

Shotgun bow 🏹

Let’s talk about why this bow fails as a decent weapon. One, the arrow spread is too wide to hit the enemies in front of you. Two, damage output is too low and three, cooldown is too long.

First off, I think we should change how this bow fundamentally behaves.

Rather than have it shoot 5 arrows at various angles just have it shoot a cluster of arrows at the target. The angle deviation needs to be lesser than it is currently so we can actually hit multiple enemies.

Second, let the cooldown activate after firing every 3 shots.
The cluster sounds really cool, there would be more chance to hit an opponent this way. I'd want one of the two you suggested, not both, both would make it an OP weapon.

Elytra 🧚‍♀️needs a durability nerf as people really have a fun time flying around large team maps indefinitely, it seems. This is a big issue on the older maps which are basically camper heavens.
Basically this

Dragon Breath Wand 🐲🐉

I personally feel this wand is both broken and weak. I’m okay with some wands being weak however and I think that it doesn’t need a buff.

I don’t feel it was designed to be a really good wand? Btw the fire breath passes through shield wand shields so maybe fix that.
I don't feel like it's broken, I like how you can set your opponent on fire through walls, this makes it a better weapon, otherwise it really wouldn't have any use

Skeleton Horse Mount☠

Spawns as a boss mob. Has a 5 second summoning animation, so get away while you can!

When it spawns in it will attempt to kill you by bodyslamming you. When it lands it displaces blocks around it . If you hit it as soon as it lands it gets stunned. Use this opportunity to climb atop and attempt to tame this beast.

Summons, from the unknown depths of the underworld the bony remains of what once was an ancient equine. The beast’s skeletal form lacks any evidence of tissue and organs. It appears to neither see, hear nor taste however it spares no effort to pursue human entities with a fury and vengeance unlike no other.

Zombie Horse Mount🐴

It’s a pretty basic horse mount. Nothing special to see here. Summoned by the unknown power of the lucky block, it’s body reeks of decay. The creature itself seems unable to obey commands, perhaps due to it’s decayed brain.

This mob cannot be ridden. So much for being a mount. But, feed it a golden apple and a golden carrot, splash it with some regen and it’ll turn into a unicorn.

Unicorn Mount 🦄

Unicorn charge does damage, the horse has Jump Boost as well. Cool mount. Can’t be bothered to make a Bio for this one
I want ridable horses in Lucky Islands!

Ghast mount 👻

Wanna fly a ghast and shoot fireballs here’s your thing. 6 sec cooldown on ghast fireball. Be careful though, ghasts can’t breathe at high heights and also are easily shot down.

Drops ghast tear on death.
What if opponents don't have a bow? I'd want this to run out so the ghast disappears again after some time

Spoiler: Structures!
I like all of the structures, especially the cows hanging there

Spoiler: “Thunder McKing - LightningBoss 🌪⚡“ Much like the Pig King and the Knight, Thunder McKing is a boss mob which drops The Tornado Tomahawk on death.

(Image - Thunder McKing in Screeching 60’s stage, spawning in a tornado.)View attachment 168422

Ability:
Thunder McKing has 3 stages: Roaring 40’s , Furious 50’s and Screeching 60’s. Each stage get’s progressively harder.

Stage 1: Spawning

Thunder McKing attacks players with his axe and occasionally blocks.

10% chance to cause lightning strikes near players with his axe

Stage 2: Down to 2/3 health

Weather changes to Thunderstorm for 3 minutes. Now has 50% chance to strike nearby players with lightning every strike of his axe.

Stage 3: Final 3rd of health.

He now begins to spawn tornadoes out of his axe. The tornadoes will suck and throw nearby players away, if unlucky, into the void.

He’s designed to be the hardest boss-mob. If you don’t want to deal with him, run away.

His axe: the tornado tomahawk-
(Dropped as reward)
(Efficency 2 Diamond Axe)

If should have a custom texture. Right click to spawn tornado (cooldown 46sec) Make sure not to get caught in the tornado yourself!
This boss sounds really OP. Think about the Bedrock edition (I know it's a Java thread but updates tend to be on both) : players usually don't know what they are doing, they're exploring a new world with crazy new drops. This bos would just instantly kill those players. I like the idea of lightning striking sometimes, but 50% is a high number, running away isn't possible either on every island (take the map 'Candy' for solo lucky islands for example, it's a donut, there is nowhere to hide)

This is a basic sketch of an idea i have - basically it’ll spawn in 30 baby withers with 20 HP each, size set to small. If you can kill them, you’ll get the potion resistance chestplate which negates all ill potion effects!
30 is a lot of mobs, imagine 3 players getting this drop at the same time, that'd be a lot of lag for some less good computers
I do like the idea of the chestplate!

gerxh

Mar 15, 2017
Well, I think it's a very good option, I don't see why they shouldn't add it!

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
I meant 3 mini withers not 30 it was a typo. I also agree with a lot of feedback you’ve given @SanCookie As for the ghasts...

Maybe ridable ghasts could be a special event in Crazy Mode which has a time limit.

Reactions: SanCookie

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Thread has 100% yes votes can we get an admin opinion/escalated tag that would be great

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
This is the only decent suggestion out now everything else is bedrock spam. BUmp one more time. WILl share on discord too.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom