Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/g...oking-for-mainly-moderators-responses.201768/
-------------------------
^^^^ Just click that one for the original ^^^^

Just a note, making a new suggestion about something which is not implemented, escalated etc. is not against the rules.
@FartiliciousManChild

-------------
poll responses from last (deleted) thread on Eggwars from a while ago.

Yes: 26 ==> (67%)
Maybe: 4 ==> (10%)
No: 9 ==> (23%)
I don't know: 0 ==> (0%)

(Completed updated version, originating from the 'Eggwars' section)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello people of CubeCraft!

So listen up. I came up with a concept for a different Gamemode variation for Eggwars that i myself consider to be pretty neat and would definitely consider trying out / playing with. I'll try to explain it clearly (even though it really isn't that complicated, which makes it thus the more great!). The mainconcept contains such a simple tweak, but one that could yet pose to be so effective in making Eggwars more interesting again. It's amazing! I'm sharing this because, firstly, i believe it's about damn time for something new and fresh again, i mean there are more and more people nowadays who claim that Eggwars is getting boring and people seem to be wanting something new

And secondly, cause this might have some potential and isn't that hard to implement in the current system of Eggwars Teams (either Normal or Speed, doesn't matter, same for both).

(I do advice you to read the whole thing beforehand, to prevent yourself from looking stupid/silly if you're going to comment on this and show your thoughts/opinions on it)

Let me first start off with the things this concept could offer:

• Make Eggwars fun again and revitalize it.

• many possibilities regarding team design (making 4 teams each made out of 2 teams / making 3 teams each made out of 3 teams / making 2 teams each made out of 5 teams / making 6 teams each made out of 2 teams. Etc. Etc.). There's also definitely some room for creativity in creating maps for this.

• A nice well overdue, new, fresh air to the current team system that would make for an interesting, fun and dynamic new gamemode played in a different manner (strategic wise for example) compared to Normal Eggwars. Especially with the additional ideas i've been able to add through the feedback i've received.

• Give us more frequent longer, more epic, fun games. Like those long exciting games from back in the days when we were still new to Eggwars. (Remember those days? When this game used to be the sh*t? Those were the glory days)

• Team co-operation would be an interesting aspect and dynamic introduced by this concept, once again, adding to the fun.

• Making Eggwars MORE Eggwars (if you get what i'm saying)

( ) = potential extra's. Not part of the main concept!

• (An interesting and cool final deathmatch between the winning islands of the winning team.)

• (More added strategic ways of playing the game due to added minor buffs to each island in a team. This should make the game more interesting, fun and dynamic aswell!)

• (Enables to be very creative in gamesetup-design (see last additional extra idea) due to combining multiple team-designs into one map/game. This could be so freaking awesome! The potential! oooh the potential! Can you see it?)

Annoyed by the long list? GOOD. That should already prove how valuable the implementation of this could be regarding the many things this could offer Eggwars.

- - - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - -

So. Here's the idea:

(Two-word summary: Allied teams)

NAME (IDEAS): 'Allies' or 'Multiple Egg' / 'Squads' / 'SuperTeams' / 'Mega Teams' / 'Crossteam mode' (just thinking of a cool name now, Staff could perhaps come up with a better more original name if they feel like it).

MAIN CONCEPT: Same setup as with Normal Team Eggwars, only now, individual seperate teams are allied with other teams, but still stay seperate teams each with their own egg and respawn ties to that egg. Seperate teams will be working together. Teams will basically be split into different teams/sections across different islands in a sense (So a team with 2 eggs basically, or more, depending on the amount of teams making up one team). what i mean by that is that for example on the map Teaparty ((8 teams of 5) 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 ), you could have '4 teams 2' or '2 teams of 4'. Simple as that.

Now, instead of just combining 2 teams, you could also go a little more crazy and make a team consisting of 3 seperate teams (or more)!, This could work especially well on big maps divided in multiple smaller teams (prefered maps would be: big maps with 9 or 12 seperate teams for making a team out of 3 separate teams of course, due to the maths of it) I believe this 'multiple egg' mode would be a great idea for already existing big maps like Teaparty/Mushrooms/Dwarven/Garden/Haunted but would probably work out even better with newly made customized maps designed specifically for this new team setup.

So to eliminate one whole and complete team, you’ll have to take out each seperate island/team (each with their own egg and respawn ties to that egg) consisting out of that team to completely eliminate the team. Get it? Tip: don't think too complicated about it, cause it's not.

Examples:
Like i stated before, i do have to say though that for this gamemode to work at its best, we'll need more big maps divided into small teams

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POSSIBLE PROBLEMS WITH THIS CONCEPT AND FIXES TO THEM:
-
Not being able to recognize well who your allies and enemies are

- Toxic players breaking egg defenses of other allied islands

- Grand scale camping

- False crossteam accusation attempts
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXTRA (MORE IN DEPTH) POTENTIAL ADDITIONAL IDEAS:

- Each section/island gets their own strengths and/or their own items to purchase, therefore each island could play it in a smart strategic way according to their own strenghts.

- The last remaining winning team fights it out. The islands (that remained) of the team that survived and won, fight it out. The winning island of this fight gains extra points, while the lost islands (of the winning team, aside from the islands that died off before the team won) still receive a good amount of points for being on the winning team.

- Have teams combined into one team, but DON'T give each team a seperate egg. Instead, give them only one egg.

- Have unique uneven maps with unique interesting team designs.

- Have Greek alphabet team names. No colours. So stuff like: Alpha, Beta, Omega, Delta, Gamma, Theta, Kappa (yes this a Greek letter lol), Sigma, Omicron, Epsilon, Zeta, Psi, Upsilon, iota.

So.
Cubecraft...What are you waiting for?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BE SURE TO UPVOTE/LIKE MY POST ON THIS MODERATORS (@Younisco) 'SUGGESTION COMPILATION' THREAD ASWELL IF YOU HAPPEN TO LIKE THIS:https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/suggestions-compilation.201864/

Thank you for reading my long take/explanation on my idea :)

Please leave your opinions down below on this, i’m curious to hear what you all think of this.

Also if you have any questions about it or things that aren’t clear for you, feel free to ask

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
18vcsq.jpg

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Original thoughts:
"Also, I really like the idea for the new style of gameplay that it'd bring to the table. Though, I do worry that it'd be a little too complicated for a large portion of the player-base, and might be difficult to implement. It also doesn't seem like something that many players would actually vote for after a few weeks have passed, so unless it's a really simple job I'd prefer developers to put their resources elsewhere."

My thoughts have changed a little bit since then. It sounds a lot like what I had originally envisioned Team Skywars would be like; team mates scattered across the map rather than being bundled together at spawn, with enough chests that one player is geared for the apocalypse, and the others naturally die from gear deprivation. I'd really like to see exploration of the map become a priority again, as it was before island degradation became a thing.

If this is added and is a success, I'd like to see a similar mode added to Skywars :)

Edit: Just a thought, but from my very limited knowledge of game development, the concept of this doesn't sound all that hard to pull off. They could test the waters with this idea by making it a week-long event or something, if they wanted to. Would mean less commitment to what could be a widely disliked gamemode, but if it's well-received the game could always be reintroduced.

Also, could we please stop with all the unnecessary forums regulation? It's a forum designed to discuss a children's sandbox game, not a maximum-security prison on an abandoned island. There's no need for threads to be locked if they're still relevant, especially when the creator clearly put a lot of time and thought into it for the benefit of the server itself. If necessary, move the thread to 'Everything Else' if you want to give other threads an opportunity to take the spotlight. All that locking it achieved was having an exact replica pop up not even an hour later.

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Just a note, if you feel the need to bump a thread 5+ times and raise it from the dead after 3 months then it's fairly safe to say that you should just let it go.
The thread was originally created during a time where staff were far less communicative, and thus it received no response from any staff representative. The bump was intended to attract the attention that it did not receive three+ months back. Now that you're here, what are your thoughts on the suggestion?

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
This isn't the full version @CommunistCactus posted, if any moderators are going to respond to this (or anyone else really), please do so to the original post created by me. Thanks for the repost btw Communist, was about to do it myself but it might not be necessary now.

Last edited:

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
My input on anything EggWars is fairly irrelevant, it's not a game mode I've played enough to be able to judge. In terms of the forum moderation, there are rules in place to make sure that the forum works well for everybody that uses them. While I can agree that the 'strict interpretation of the rules' is not appropriate in every case, I don't believe it applies to that thread due to the number of zero content/bump posts that it had already had.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
My input on anything EggWars is fairly irrelevant, it's not a game mode I've played enough to be able to judge. In terms of the forum moderation, there are rules in place to make sure that the forum works well for everybody that uses them. While I can agree that the 'strict interpretation of the rules' is not appropriate in every case, I don't believe it applies to that thread due to the number of zero content/bump posts that it had already had.
So you're saying instead of bumping the thread because it didn't get any staff response, we should repost it because it didn't get any staff response?

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
No, reposting a thread in its entirety is an incredibly low effort response to a thread being locked because it didn't receive the amount of attention that you thought it should get. A better approach would be to actually try and refine the idea a bit and create some discussion points. I would remind you that just because there is no direct staff response doesn't mean that some of the suggestions haven't been looked at internally.

D

Deleted member 100818

No, reposting a thread in its entirety is an incredibly low effort response to a thread being locked because it didn't receive the amount of attention that you thought it should get. A better approach would be to actually try and refine the idea a bit and create some discussion points. I would remind you that just because there is no direct staff response doesn't mean that some of the suggestions haven't been looked at internally.

Well no offense or anything. But I have a feeling this escalate system doesn't operate 100% I mean, I've seen some awesome suggestion not even getting a response from a staff member, and not after looking at it one day later, no no no. Like weeks and still no reply. I think the system could work out pretty well, really. But this is kind of a mess imo.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
It's been explained many times before why not every suggestion gets a response. Escalated basically means a moderator or better liked an idea enough to make Management aware of it. They get discussed internally, and no, the results of that process can often not be shared, no matter how much we might want to.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Problem is, next times there's an update no one will remember this thread. (unless a moderators keeps reminding you of it when the update is already in progress).

Reactions: CommunistCactus
D

Deleted member 100818

It's been explained many times before why not every suggestion gets a response. Escalated basically means a moderator or better liked an idea enough to make Management aware of it. They get discussed internally, and no, the results of that process can often not be shared, no matter how much we might want to.
So let me get this straight. Only moderators (or higher) are able to escalate a suggestion, right? So, doesn't every suggestion deserves to at least have a response, as that's what moderators are for now? So my question is, why not making it required for every moderator to respond on every suggestion (I mean like, at least one mod per suggestion, not every mod at one suggestion that'd be weird). Seems like the best way to make this system work for me. If you say (and you probably will) that moderators are already busy enough then you could basically throw the whole escalate system away.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
No, reposting a thread in its entirety is an incredibly low effort response to a thread being locked because it didn't receive the amount of attention that you thought it should get
It might be low effort, but you can't deny it works:
(example 1)
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/w...ur-teammates-won-original.205789/#post-975947
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/win-a-team-game-if-one-of-your-teammates-won.205926/

(example 2)
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/make-cubecraft-great-again.200899/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/change-pchat-color.205966/

Also, 1740 views isn't exactly a low amount of attention by the community.

Whether intentionally or not, you're giving the message that reposting a suggestion is better than bumping it.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
So let me get this straight. Only moderators (or higher) are able to escalate a suggestion, right? So, doesn't every suggestion deserves to at least have a response, as that's what moderators are for now? So my question is, why not making it required for every moderator to respond on every suggestion (I mean like, at least one mod per suggestion, not every mod at one suggestion that'd be weird). Seems like the best way to make this system work for me. If you say (and you probably will) that moderators are already busy enough then you could basically throw the whole escalate system away.
I wouldn't say EVERY suggestion, there's a lot of trash not worth responding to in there.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed

That was kinda the point, to possibly refine it. But i won't deny that i also indeed felt like it didn't receive enough attention, mainly from staff since i didn't receive a lot of responses from those; and yes i am aware that it might have been looked into just because there is no direct staff response, but i don't like playing this guessing game (and just assuming, without any signs of it, that it has been looked into) and rather go for the safe route, sorry for that, but can you really blame me though, espeically given how much time i've spent in creating this (what i and a lot of others consider to be a) solid concept. With that said, i've already been through this refining phase before, but not with the involvement of staff, but with other non-staff forum users. While feedback from these users is nice and all, i happen to value feedback from staff just a little bit more (crazy right). I either want some sort of confirmation on this or more discussion, but with mainly more staff input, i have already done some discussing with other regular forum members on certain points and were able to either refine some stuff of my concept or convince the person i was talking to. There didn't seem to be any discussion points left and almost all of the 'negatives' were either fixed or debunked through discussion/convincing the other that this negative didn't exist in the concept/had very low chances of existing or that it wasn't a negative in the first place (and i mean convincing, not deceiving), BUT, like i mentioned before, all this discussing was for an extremely large chunk almost entirely done with just other non-staff forum users, which is good! But when it comes down to it in regards to possible implemantion, the staff play a much bigger role. In short: i've already done this 'refine the idea a bit and create some discussion points' to the point where it's very refined and thought out and to the point it doesn't seem to have any discussion points left that could be of any use or are worthy of getting into (and i'm quite acceptive in that regard). I've just seen incredibly little from staff and all that i had seen from them was positive, yet here it was (my thread), withering away, getting buried deeper and deeper while it was appearantly a well received concept, which is of course a normal thing when it isn't being attended to actively, but i realised afterwards that it didn't really have any conclusive words from the staff (unfortunately realised this quite late, but just that i'm late with wanting this conclusion doesn't mean the thread isn't worth it anymore, especially considering how it is a solid concept and imo worthy of being looked at seriously due to the amount of attention it received, the amount of tweaking and fleshening out it had and lastly due to the amount of positive feedback it had in the end). In the end, i just want some sort of confirmation on this thing, just a little bit, i just want to either see: 'hey your concept was received well with us staff members, we might do something with it'/an escalation tag or a 'sorry, but we staff didn't think this would work because <insert reasons>' leaving me with something to possibly improve upon or something to go in discussion with, with the last resort being 'letting it go' if out of this discussion the conclusion can be made that it's best to let it go. I noticed staff have gotten a lot more responsive (the people on here that matter the most, no offense to everyone else but lets be real here) nowadays so i thought this could be my chance to give it one last shot and have it finally receive some visible staff recognition and not just recognition, but rather also some sort of confirmation, just a little bit. Something.

Edit: reason why i chose to 'necropost' rather then repost was due to the already existing thread including many several discussions that took place before which i thought could be usefull for staff, along with that, it also had the most views and responses making it stand out more in the crowd of suggestions and therefore increasing the odds of possible staff reactions (which clearly worked).

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
Top Bottom