Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
For an in-game incentive for alliance teamwork, let's start of with something simple and basic: Ally chat/Alliance chat. So good communication basically.
So in total you would have Global chat, Team chat and Allly/Alliance chat.

Next up. Have the villager shops sell stuff at a slightly more expensive price once one of the teams in the alliance dies off completely (so instead of steak costing 5 iron make it cost 1 iron more after a team of an alliance dies of with a cap of 8 iron - a 3 iron difference (in the case of there ever going to be maps where alliances would consist out of a lot of teams, which i why i added a cap, so the price cant just increase till like 10 iron if you happen to be playing with a map that places you in an alliance consisting out of 6 teams and therefore making it possible to up the price to 10 iron if we apply the rule of: price goes up 1 iron per fallen team of the alliance). Swords and axes (only the wooden and stone ones) would also get slightly more expensive to buy (1 iron more expensive per team of the alliance that gets taken down, once again, capping at 3 iron more compared to the normal price). While this might add to the incentive of making teams work together, i'm not sure about this though cause this could also add fuel to the problem of being able to make a potential comeback.

For a villager story for these more expensive prices this could be added (if villager talk would ever be added, which i think would be pretty neat): 'the loss of one of our allies has influenced the market! Goods have become more expensive!'.

It might actually even be cool aswell if these more expensive prices would only be existing at the teams of your alliance, (given there are other alliances left who still have all their eggs alive and therefore an unaltered/cheaper price) so not the enemy villagers, this could also pose to be a good incentive to act more offensively (and attack other people so you can use their less inflated villagers) and not just defend cause they're the last team standing of the alliance with an egg. Hope you understand what i mean with this.

In terms of rewards for teamwork, i would do something along the lines of 'you get x by keeping all the eggs of your alliance alive' after a set amount of time has passed, now what this x would be is not yet 100% clear to me as i want to keep this very minor and not give a big advantage, maybe something like it would make blocks slightly cheaper and give you more blocks in turn for 1 iron (so 3 blocks instead of 2 blocks per 1 iron), since being in this position in the first place puts you in a pretty strong position so any lasting buffs should be unnecessary, i atleast don't want to give these teams any advantages in regards of pvp, i'm thinking more off stuff like building blocks and food.
I guess for now i'll keep it at food and blocks being affected by this.
In short: food and block prices are reduced by 1 iron

Example: *after 10 minutes of keeping all the eggs alive of your alliance* 'Your prices have gotten lower as a reward for keeping your alliance's eggs alive!' --> 1 iron now gives you 3 blocks instead of 2. Food now costs 1 iron less!. This buff reward doesn't get extended if you happen to succesfully keep your alliance's eggs alive for any longer. So not this: *after 20 minutes of keeping all the eggs alive of your alliance* --> 1 iron now gives you 4 blocks. Food price is now 2 iron less.

For now i've mainly try to come up with ways that would encourage players just a tiny bit to KEEP THEIR ALLIED TEAMS ALIVE.

I'm also thinking of adding something like teamroles and being able to set objectives with your alliance. Dunno yet how though. I'm also not sure if this would really be neseccesary (probably not).

The only thing i've got for comeback tool so far would be: make resistance 1 potion or a strenght 1 potion a one time offer at a villager (for a relatively cheap price) (so you're able to buy just one of either resistance or strenght (not both, you'll have to choose) the entire the game and no more than 1) which would only be purchasable once you've lost all your other teams and your team is the last team standing of the alliance. Every player on the team can purchase one of these.

Edit: maybe also add to this list a stone sword (stone because of the lower durabilty and making this sword temporary in a sense) (for a wooden sword for even lower durability (if this would be prefered) you would need to add sharp 9 to it to make it have the same power as a sharp 1 diamond sword) sword with sharpness 5 on it so it would act as the strongest purchasable sword with 1 sharpness higher (so 1 attack damage higher) compared to what would normally be the strongest possible sword (which in normal is just a diamond sword, this would mean that this stone sword would need sharpness 5 to be 1 attack damage above a diamond sword)

Edit on this idea to make it cooler: This one time deal is purchable at a 'warfare tradesman' (that would spawn in accordance to the circumanstances i described above and only then), it would spawn closely to the normal villager and be able to sell you the 1 ressistance 1 potion / 1 strenght 1 potion. This villager could even speak to you saying (in just text): 'I heard you guys were in a dire situation and in need in for assistance, well let me show you my special one time only offer...'.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
YES!!!
the only concern I have is is there enough space on the server and in the lobby for another gamemode? And since this is really more of a team type than an actual gamemode they would probably have to create a speed version too because otherwise it would seem unfair and people would complain even though there really shouldn't be a speed version of this. But I hope it gets implemented, maybe it will finally be the gamemode that the egg rushers and half health voters leave alone! (although speed didn't get them to stay away from normal...)

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
is there enough space on the server and in the lobby for another gamemode?
They could redo the lobby. Shouldn't be a problem, i mean they do it quite frequently for other lobbies aswell. For the space issue i guess you mean playercount? If that's so then i'll just copy paste this for ya, since i've already discussed this once before with @Rigel_The_Star

Ok. Fair fair. But listen to this though: wouldn't adding something like this bring more players to Eggwars in general and maybe make up for the what might now be a deficient amount of players? Don't you think this could be possible?

Edit: Just think about YT'ers maybe playing Eggwars on their channels again and bringing new traffic to Cubecraft too for example. I'm sure they might try this due to this being Eggwars, a very popular gamemode to my knowledge in regards of all the Minecraft servers. So something new to Eggwars like a variation would likely be considered as a pretty big thing that could catch those (usefull in regards to increasing traffic towards certain servers ;))YT'ers attention. But let's put this aside for now cause i also don't think Cube's playercount shouldn't totally rely on YT'ers influence ofc (even though it can have a pretty big (what seems to be lasting) impact on a servers popularity, and therefore traffic. It's just a lil thing that might help it for a while.

maybe it will finally be the gamemode that the egg rushers and half health voters leave alone! (although speed didn't get them to stay away from normal...)
Does this mean you want these kinds of people to stay at Speed instead of Normal? You just don't want them to be in games at all? Not totally sure if i understand you correctly but sure :p

Reactions: 0ffense

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
They could redo the lobby. Shouldn't be a problem, i mean they do it quite frequently for other lobbies aswell.
It would be pretty interesting to see what they come up with...
Does this mean you want these kinds of people to stay at Speed instead of Normal? You just don't want them to be in games at all? Not totally sure if i understand you correctly but sure :p
Not ALL of them, but it gets pretty annoying having players like that when you want a long strategic game, and seeing all of their complaints about the maps that allow that.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
It would be pretty interesting to see what they come up with...

Not ALL of them, but it gets pretty annoying having players like that when you want a long strategic game, and seeing all of their complaints about the maps that allow that.
I can imagine that. I would also love a more strategic approach to Eggwars again with longer games (and not the kind of longer that is forced by campers..) which i also believe this could definitely offer. These games would probably be more intense, epic, grand-scale, longer lasting, intense and tactical.

Reactions: Nevermind3476

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
lol most of the time, I disagree with Quetzi,
But cmon, he is obviously right here, necroposting on something that was inactive for 3 months, and then complaining because it got locked

About the suggestion itself, I like it.
Eggwars should get an update
There can be some excused threads, I mean it wasn't doing any harm.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on maggienoodles's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on burgerkingbrad1's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳 🍔
Reesle wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🎈🍰
JokeKaedee wrote on S4nne's profile.
Mijn vriend heeft echt de leukste mega Stitch plushie voor mij gewonnen op Walibi en ik moest eigenlijk meteen aan jouw pfp denken ahhaahah.
I love Stitch 💙
HyperPal wrote on miguelitoindus's profile.
migiiiiii
Top Bottom