Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SirWytze

Apr 23, 2021
This suggestion is only applicable to gamemodes such as (Team) Skywars, (Team) Eggwars (and Lucky Islands(?))

As an Emerald-ranker, I'm used to the features I unlocked with my rank such as voting for time, projectiles and chest types. Players with Emerald+ can fly in lobbies, can make bigger parties, have more friends etc. etc.

But.. upgrading to Obsidian-rank is not thát interesting at this moment. You're getting an Uber cubelet crafting discount, which you probably won't use that much. You're getting a free global multiplier of your choice and you get custom time in FFA. I'm not a FFA-player, so the global multiplier is the only thing that is actually 'an upgrade', which is not worth the money it costs to upgrade from Emerald to Obsidian

A rank is not linked to how skilled a player is, luckily. I'm not thát skilled, especially making bridges to the side does annoy me a lot in gamemodes such as Skywars, when I'm placed at an island that's not in a straight line from the (sub-)middle of the map. That's how I came up with this suggestion.

My suggestion is to add afeature to the Obsidian-rank to make it possible to choose which island you are starting from in the gamemodes named above.

Pros;
- Parties in solo Skywars won't necessarily spawn next to each other
- Buying Obsidian / upgrading to Obsidian is more attractive for players who only play certain gamemodes.

Cons:
- Parties in solo Skywars can 'sandwich' a random player and team to kill him/her. As teaming is already forbidden, I won't expect Obsidian rankers to do so.
- It takes Cubecraft lots of coding/programming to make this possible
- Lower ranks can be disadvantaged when they're moved to a side-island because an Obsidian ranker chose their island. But yeah, they're also disadvantaged if you're voting for certain projectiles/chests, so I guess this should encourage people to buy a rank.

I'd like to hear your opinion; so please react whether you agree or disagree!

25 ✅s will make this thread forwarded which means CubeCraft will consider it!

Last edited:

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
This will give obsidian rankers an advantage, and therefore they're more likely to win the game. I'm not a fan of this idea.

Lower ranks can be disadvantaged when they're moved to a side-island because an Obsidian ranker chose their island. But yeah, they're also disadvantaged if you're voting for certain projectiles/chests, so I guess this should encourage people to buy a rank.

Well, if you vote for a type of chest, everyone gets the same items. This is not the case with literally choosing an island for yourself. And if it's already unfair in your opinion, why make it even more unfair?

But, I do agree with the fact that the obsidian rank needs an upgrade and I think everyone agrees with that. There are a lot of threads about the rank, so I'm confident that the obsidian rank gets more value in the future. :)

Adxm

Apr 7, 2021
This would give a gameplay advantage to obsidian players, ESPECIALLY parties. In a way, literally pay to win.
you just completely changed my mind. Wow. I didn’t think of that but that’s true, it’s literally pay to win..

Reactions: Ge1ster

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
Sadly it gives you an advantage. In Mojang‘s rules micro-transactions are allowed but it cannot give a player an advantage. Because of this CubeCraft’s game voting options apply to everyone in the game. While cubecraft may have a chance to slide by the pick you’re own island one as breaking the rules, it’s still p2w imo

mustanger25

Jun 20, 2021
This suggestion is only applicable to gamemodes such as (Team) Skywars, (Team) Eggwars (and Lucky Islands(?))

As an Emerald-ranker, I'm used to the features I unlocked with my rank such as voting for time, projectiles and chest types. Players with Emerald+ can fly in lobbies, can make bigger parties, have more friends etc. etc.

But.. upgrading to Obsidian-rank is not thát interesting at this moment. You're getting an Uber cubelet crafting discount, which you probably won't use that much. You're getting a free global multiplier of your choice and you get custom time in FFA. I'm not a FFA-player, so the global multiplier is the only thing that is actually 'an upgrade', which is not worth the money it costs to upgrade from Emerald to Obsidian

A rank is not linked to how skilled a player is, luckily. I'm not thát skilled, especially making bridges to the side does annoy me a lot in gamemodes such as Skywars, when I'm placed at an island that's not in a straight line from the (sub-)middle of the map. That's how I came up with this suggestion.

My suggestion is to add afeature to the Obsidian-rank to make it possible to choose which island you are starting from in the gamemodes named above.

Pros;
- Parties in solo Skywars won't necessarily spawn next to each other
- Buying Obsidian / upgrading to Obsidian is more attractive for players who only play certain gamemodes.

Cons:
- Parties in solo Skywars can 'sandwich' a random player and team to kill him/her. As teaming is already forbidden, I won't expect Obsidian rankers to do so.
- It takes Cubecraft lots of coding/programming to make this possible
- Lower ranks can be disadvantaged when they're moved to a side-island because an Obsidian ranker chose their island. But yeah, they're also disadvantaged if you're voting for certain projectiles/chests, so I guess this should encourage people to buy a rank.

I'd like to hear your opinion; so please react whether you agree or disagree!

25 ✅s will make this thread forwarded which means CubeCraft will consider it!
i was just wondering that did not help me find island i still dont know how to

D

Deleted member 576174

This would turn CubeCraft into a pay to win server, and I don't think that's the objective of CubeCraft.
It would be a :disagree: for me

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom