Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 169486

AKA quit playing because you'll forget your password..?
Write it down? Also, how often do you expect to be going back and forth that you won't memorize your password?

D

Deleted member 169486

What stops someone from taking a compromised account thats never been on Cube, doing /password, and thus locking the original owner out from being able to use their account on the network?
Having a backup/recovery? Maybe only having the password if your account is connected to the forums?

♡McKingOp♡

Nov 27, 2015
Lobby 1 of everywhere
I jusread through it and don't see anywhere where it says you will get a three hour ban.
It dosent however it dose say that if you get it wrong you winn not be able to join the server for a certin amount of time not for sure 3 hours but thats what im getting at that its silly to make a temp ban if you mess up your password

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
What stops someone from taking a compromised account thats never been on Cube, doing /password, and thus locking the original owner out from being able to use their account on the network?
This actually applies perfectly against MCLeaks (i hope you know what that is). When the first person logs in, he has to make a password. Then, he quits and another player uses the same account to hack, but guess what? He doesn't know the password of the previous user :P.
Seriously, this would completely obliterate the problem of MCleak or any other account dispenser.

As for locking out the original owner, the original owner could apply at the forums to change his password if he can prove the account is his/hers. Only if you are the original owner of an account you would take this effort, if it's an alt account disposed by MCleaks, you have 1. No way to prove it's yours 2. Why bother? It''s just an alt 3. You have limited time on that alt, so it won't be worth it.

I think this might be the best solution against MCleaks and other alt disposers.

Reactions: AboodPlayz

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
Write it down? Also, how often do you expect to be going back and forth that you won't memorize your password?
Pretty much noone likes having to /password or something like that. Pretty much noone will use a real password for this so it's pretty much useless..

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I didn't read the whole thread, but I think it should be IP-based, so that only when you log in via a different IP the password should show up. Also, don't make it optional but make it required. If it's optional almost nobody would do it and it wouldn't have a great effect.
TBH i really like this, Just hope out of all the VPNS it doesn't somehow use the same IP as the owner :P
Lolo i dont want cubecraft to feel like a cracked server so NO
Well by adding this it won't feel like it, it will feel more secure...
Hackers are Smart.
Not all of them, most don't even look at chat and just hack
CubeCraft's smarter
^^^^
How would that work for people with divorced parents?
maybe you can do a Trust This IP, E.g when you log on CC using another ip a message will appear or the forums and ask you "Do You Trust This IP" then any time in the future you can Untrust the Ip
Nothing -.- , But most likely if a player has never been on Cube before they won't join it, but if you wanted to restore it you should change your Minecraft Password. Then Claim it is your account, by either joining on another server while showing your the owner or any other method, if more then 1 person claims it is their account the owner has to instantly change the password and wait for a while then prove it.
This actually applies perfectly against MCLeaks (i hope you know what that is). When the first person logs in, he has to make a password. Then, he quits and another player uses the same account to hack, but guess what? He doesn't know the password of the previous user :p.
Seriously, this would completely obliterate the problem of MCleak or any other account dispenser.

As for locking out the original owner, the original owner could apply at the forums to change his password if he can prove the account is his/hers. Only if you are the original owner of an account you would take this effort, if it's an alt account disposed by MCleaks, you have 1. No way to prove it's yours 2. Why bother? It''s just an alt 3. You have limited time on that alt, so it won't be worth it.

I think this might be the best solution against MCleaks and other alt disposers.
Woah woah woah what if I accidently put an I instead of a U when I type my Password am I then banned from cubecraft for 3 hours
umm, i said you would link your account to the forums and if you "Forgot" your password you can reset it because your account is linked
What's the point of this? You already need to enter a password to login to Minecraft
Which minecraft hackers already have... and the point of this is to make sure your account is more secure.
Pretty much noone likes having to /password or something like that. Pretty much noone will use a real password for this so it's pretty much useless..
by useless you mean by making your account more secure?
i mean all you need to type is "/password (password)" THAT IS IT!
It is much better than having hackers roaming around the server using alts to bypass their punishment(s)

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
This isnt going to fix the problem with hackers. It would just get people annoyed, if this would get added I wouldnt ever log in on cubecraft again

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
May i ask Why?
Yeah sure, you can ask me why :)

best joke 2k17
And how is it annoying?
I switch servers a lot, I dont want to keep typing /password BestPasswordEver. Cubecraft shouldnt even have to make sure you keep your account safe. Most cases of your account getting stolen is a case of the owner of his account picking a stupid password, just pick something 8-12 characters which isnt too easy (Also make sure it isnt the same password as the email linked to the account). My password used to be DogCatDog, didn't have any problems whatsoever.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
This isnt going to fix the problem with hackers. It would just get people annoyed, if this would get added I wouldnt ever log in on cubecraft again
Yeah sure, you can ask me why :)

best joke 2k17

I switch servers a lot, I dont want to keep typing /password BestPasswordEver. Cubecraft shouldnt even have to make sure you keep your account safe. Most cases of your account getting stolen is a case of the owner of his account picking a stupid password, just pick something 8-12 characters which isnt too easy (Also make sure it isnt the same password as the email linked to the account). My password used to be DogCatDog, didn't have any problems whatsoever.
I think it should be IP-based, so that only when you log in via a different IP the password should show up.
Problem solved.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday!
me after realizing my uncle started watching jjk: 😨💀
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom