Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimKwink

Nov 20, 2015
I'm very happy to announce that our new report system has been released! This update post will be on the shorter side, but that doesn't mean this update isn't awesome or important.

This new report system will allow you as players to more easily and effectively report hackers and rule breakers while also allowing our staff team to more effectively and quickly deal with your reports!

The new report system can be found at http://reports.cubecraft.net/

You can read how to use this new report system HERE

The forums reports will still be dealt with, but no new reports will be allowed to be made there. Make sure you use the new system for all future reports!

EDIT- Feel free to use this thread for feedback, suggestions, etc for the new system.
I liked the old /report ingame, but this is an awesome replacement :D

P3KTR0NICS

Dec 19, 2014
I'm going to place a reaction based on my observations. I don't agree with the system that you are using. I had a feeling that I needed to place this comment because I have seen enough hackers. Hell, I even got in three skywars games in a row and in ALL of these three games I saw hackers. In the second game I saw even the same hacker. And that was the last straw that broke the camel's back. Hopefully my opinion won't be skipped or won't be removed and I hope that I can contribute one's mite on the 'How to deal with hackers'-dilemma.

This reporting system isn't good or awesome. Other report systems in the past didn't work and this new and 'good' report system isn't going to work either.
I will explain in this reaction why this report system isn't going to work.

At first, this report system is remarkable! It's a very good idea and it's also well developed. But this system won't work, and this first argument is based on one simple fact. The server is too big. Just plain and easy, the server is too big. An example: You are playing Skywars and you see a hacker! What are you going to do if you follow it 'by the book'? You watch the hacker, you record the hacker, you edit this video and then you upload this video. And then, finally after one hour you report only this one hacker in the reporting system. Good job! But, unfortunately, the server is so big, that while you are going through this process of reporting a hacker, that in the meantime, more people have joined the server. And what happens? Yes! 20 new people have joined the server and 2 of them are hackers!
In conclusion, the process of reporting a hacker just takes too long.

At second, this report system also won't work based on another simple fact. Not everyone can record a hacker. Not everyone has a good enough PC what can record. Some people can barely play minecraft with their computer. Do you think that they are going to record a hacker as evidence? No. They are going to curse this hacker. And more won't happen. The hacker will laugh at them, and again, more won't happen.

At last, this report system also won't work because it isn't in-game. A lot of people are just lazy. They will not make a forum account, let alone record a hacker and report him.

In conclusion, the report system is a nice concept, but getting the evidence just takes too long. Some won't even try to get evidence, and some won't even succeed at getting evidence because their computer is just too laggy to play minecraft and record at the same time. I know that this reaction looks like I'm bashing the new reporting system. Sorry for this, but this is really the reality.

My solution is just to get a lot of moderaters/helpers. But these moderators are just assigned to one part of the server. Example: Skywars. Take for example a person who is active in Skywars. And these moderators have one right: Ban (the hacker). They don't need to wait, or gather evidence, or record the hacker. They saw somebody flying? First time: yeah it may be lagg. They saw the same person again flying and he also has some sort of kill aura? Instant ban. Plain and easy. The moderators and helpers don't need to go through a long application process. Because this again, will take too much time. Or maybe, only just accept people that you know or people that you can trust with this job.

Hopefully my reaction can help you all a little on the battle against hackers. Also I hope that I didn't offend the makers of the reporting system. Sorry for this ;). I'm only trying to get the hackers away.

(Tagging staff, hopefully they will read this and maybe we can change something? @rubik_cube_man @Marco Slater @504Errors @Mac @andyschofie @CrazymanJR @Efcluke94 @Exciting_pancake @GingerGeek @iKeirNez @Rororoyourboat @Saradabaschi )

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
The moderators and helpers don't need to go through a long application process. Because this again, will take too much time. Or maybe, only just accept people that you know or people that you can trust with this job.
The only way you can find people who are good for the job, is via the application system. Simple as that.
Other than that, for me it takes a maximum of 5 minutes to report someone. Usually it takes about 2 minutes.
If they would add a /report command ingame, they would have to upgrade evey server by 2. That's about 3000 servers they need to upgrade. So yes, this is the best system.

L2Netoo

Novice Member
Nov 17, 2016
Is an excellent reporting system, we are already in the process of cleaning cubecraft;)

Jan 6, 2017
Honestly, you guys need to delete the arcade map in Minerware, people are complaning that it has lag in it...I tried it and it was true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom