Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 489420

The new update is definitely an improvement from the last one (beta eggwars 6 months ago) yet it's another failure. Why? Let me tell you!

❌It encourages camping and quick rushing middle island to gear up and avoiding combat
The diamond level 3 generators now hold up to 16 diamonds, it's enough for a bow and diamond generator upgrade.
🛠️Bring back old capacity of generators.

❌Items are not well balanced
The new diamond sword(sharp 7), pearl, gapples and a lot more are way to cheap!
🛠️Make all those items cost more.

❌It makes defending almost impossible
With the pearl costing only 48 diamonds(three pickups from level 3 generator or 2 minutes) its very hard to defend.
🛠️Encourage defending on bridge by making pearls, elytra, leap more expensive AND make camping with bow a lot harder by making it and arrows more expensive.

❌New maps encourage camping
By having diamonds generators far from the combat area. It allows players to easily gear up.
🛠️
Make diamond generators in the combat area.

❌It makes fights even longer
By adding durability books fighting someone with diamond armor will be even more time consuming expecialy when gapples prizes were lowered.
🛠️Remove durability books

❌It makes playing solo near impossible
Fighting 1 vs 3(even against not skilled players) was made near imposible. In the time you can kill 1 player the rest have enough time to gear up (thanks to diamond generator lvl 3 capacity being 16 now)

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
all the disagrees are from campers

We just want the old eggwars back, the new maps and favorite items are good, but the rest ruins the difficulty of the game, and making it more difficult in another way (dealing with campers and bow spammers, which were already an issue), making it really easy to get stacked and games get unnecessarily long. I don't think this is the way to go for eggwars.

I dont agree with everything you just said.
weren't you saying you hate the update in a post just 2 days ago?

99th_DutchNubnub

Feb 8, 2020
nubbieland
About this, the sword idk what to say about it, It doesn't meet my expectations. That is also because of the armour, diamond armour is just too strong, if you use a stack tnt your armour still won't break.

With the pearl costing only 48 diamonds(three pickups from level 3 generator or 2 minutes) its very hard to defend.
🛠️Encourage defending on bridge by making pearls, elytra, leap more expensive AND make camping with bow a lot harder by making it and arrows more expensive.

The amount you have to pay for these things is fine, this ensures fast gameplay.

By having diamonds generators far from the combat area. It allows players to easily gear up.
🛠️
Make diamond generators in the combat area
Dont know what you mean exactly with this.

By adding durability books fighting someone with diamond armor will be even more time consuming expecialy when gapples prizes were lowered.
The books are quite expensive and it is not much you get for it and since you have to be on mid for a long time, this will not be something that people choose quickly.
Fighting 1 vs 3(even against not skilled players) was made near imposible. In the time you can kill 1 player the rest have enough time to gear up (thanks to diamond generator lvl 3 capacity being 16 now)
If you play smart there will allways a way for killing them.

Thats how i think about it

Nubnub

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I've this thread open for an entire day already, so I could think about it and give a reasonable opinion on it.

❌It encourages camping and quick rushing middle island to gear up and avoiding combat
The diamond level 3 generators now hold up to 16 diamonds, it's enough for a bow and diamond generator upgrade.
I think getting more diamonds faster to upgrade a genner more quickly was a totally fine decision. Where I think the mistake is in is that it is unbalanced with both iron gear and diamond sword. It's super easy to get gear really quick, and if you don't go to middle directly (doesnt even matter which map), you just get outgeared and are sure to lose. :agree:

Gameplay on maps such as Under Da Sea wasn't fun anymore. People started camping, and at the time you finally could fight because you spared up for a pearl, they already had 20 layers of obsidian and 3 sets of full dia armour. I think all item balances are fine, but the gapple one. Gapples in a fight could really turn the table, since one gapple gives back almost full HP. The things were really overpowered in my opinion since they were accessable early game, but by making them cost one less you really make early game kills against people with gapples when u dont have them nearly impossible, and in late game you can just spam gapples since they are cheap af. :unsure:

I disagree with the first solution you gave, but the second one is really interesting. The 'ban bow, make arrows more expensive' discussion is going on for ages now, mostly under the java community. I always stated making 1 arrow = 1 gold deal would fix the problem for the biggest part, but CubeCraft clearly didn't want to change it or didn't want to fix it yet. I hope to see some community talk about it soon, because there is a lot to say about from each perspective. for now, :disagree:

🛠️
Make diamond generators in the combat area.
I understand what you mean, but I think this is just a tactic thing. Going to middle on maps such as town (where they also did some sort of thing), but mostly maps like Cyber Snow, is just worth it less in your opinion, and I see what you mean. With the diamond cap being so high, 2 genners on the side is just too much, but also the middle aint really good. If you however decide to go middle, pick up all the gold, you could get pretty decent gear (full chain, iron sword, dia pickaxe and some gaps). If they want to fix this, because I get what you mean, I dont see how they would move the dia genners, but lowering either the cap or the amount of dia gens on the side would do the trick. :unsure:

As Nub said, durability books are absolutely not overpowered. they cost a ton, which requires a long time to stay out of your base, and it only really does stuff when you have dia gear to make it on an average power level. I do agree on the gaps point, but thats discussed above. :disagree:

I discussed capacity above, and I do agree with you. :agree:

Now if you count that up: 2x :agree:, 2x :disagree:, 2x :unsure:. I think its good for everyone to take a look at feedback threads, especially those who include how to fix it and why this is a problem. Think you did really good on the thread, thanks for sharing, but for now Ill have to vote :unsure:, hope you understand :heart:

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
How can it be that it encourages camping and quick rush at the same time?

Farming diamonds in the middle and then going to an island to get items has nothing to do with camping

If you consider farming minerals like camping, everyone would be camping from the beginning of the game since they are farming iron.

“Only” 48 diamonds.
A pearl does not make a big differences to make it impossible to defend, as simple as killing the person when he throw it (if that is almost impossible).

Even putting the pearls like before makes the game last longer and less dynamic by waiting for the people to craft the pearls.

Reactions: Fesa

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Besides diamonds being way too fast it hasn't really changed up the game for me in solo Eggwars.

Solo games don't last nearly long enough for the incredibly slow emerald generators (I obviously don't have any data on how long the average solo match lasts, but from my experience the game would be about to end when you would upgrade it to the second level...).

I haven't seen anyone try yet, and if anyone does... it will most likely end up a wasted attempt (which results in said player not trying again, eventually). I'm fine with this though.

I didn't need big changes in Eggwars, I like it because it's "stupid simple". This update didn't change that. I'm a bit faster now, because I can get more iron faster and the favorite item slot is a welcome addition to the store that will speed things up even more. Personally I don't understand why they once again decided to focus on emeralds, considering how Eggwars Beta went down, but it just doesn't affect solo Eggwars in a big way. Eggwars is fine as it is, they touched up some maps that needed it and the new map is great. So the update is pretty decent for me.

The only thing I like to see changed is the diamond generator. It's too much. And something I haven't seen mentioned yet: you used to be able to pick up items from the generators as you ran past it... now if you are running, you need to slow down to be able to pick it up. Minor annoyance.

D

Deleted member 489420

How can it be that it encourages camping and quick rush at the same time?

Farming diamonds in the middle and then going to an island to get items has nothing to do with camping

If you consider farming minerals like camping, everyone would be camping from the beginning of the game since they are farming iron.
I mean rushing middle to get a lot of diamonds to then quickly, avoiding combat go back to base and buy a bow and upgrade gens
“Only” 48 diamonds.
A pearl does not make a big differences to make it impossible to defend, as simple as killing the person when he throw it (if that is almost impossible).

Even putting the pearls like before makes the game last longer and less dynamic by waiting for the people to craft the pearls.
Pearls now take 3 minutes to get, it makes super easy for someone to just pearl to base and using 40 dia pick quickly break egg, i suppose this chance was supposed to eliminate bow camping but it makes defending even without impossible

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
And something I haven't seen mentioned yet: you used to be able to pick up items from the generators as you ran past it... now if you are running, you need to slow down to be able to pick it up. Minor annoyance
This is a bug, and is being looked into :)

• Love
Reactions: LeCastel

SXTREME

Novice Member
Nov 18, 2017
France
Personally I think that everything is somewhat okay, I have a little disagreement with stuff like pearls being less, but I think the biggest issue is probably the emerald Sharpness VIII Sword/Axe which I really think are game breaking and a big mistake. You can just rush the mid get 12 emeralds and there it goes lol, you can pretty much obliterate anyone with such sword and it will make armor break much faster so it is unbalanced, they shouldn't have gone beyond the limits of the game itself. Sharpness VIII is just broken.

• Agree
Reactions: LeCastel

ItsNinjaa

Nov 22, 2020
To be honest I haven't played the new update a lot so far, but I find it weird that you complain about the pearls being made cheaper together with the elytra and leap after you said the update encourages camping.

I think the elytra is a good addition to the update, I already played a game where I outplayed a whole team by getting them on an island and then fly away to get their egg,
but the fact that they put more diamonds on the generators is beyond me.

You can have a punch bow in no time, which makes it a lot more difficult to deal with a team of 2-3-4 in the end when you play alone.
One other thing is: I've seen a lot of tournaments and Tryhard games and basicly the strat is to
rush mid, get diamonds and upgrade it on your island and let everyone do their thing while you stack.

I hope with the new update the emeralds will motivate them to fight mid instead of stacking on your island.
But again, I only played the update for like 2 hours so you don't have to take me too serious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Tripleee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations on helper!
caraMel wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats... finally!!! Welcome to the team 🩷
caraMel wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats!!! Welcome back to the team 🩷
Top Bottom