Votes: 20 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters

feferino

Feb 12, 2017
Around the computer
I have a idea, not that great, but its worth to say it

I think you should have a button in settings which is called ''change version''.

If you click it, then it appears a choice between 1.8 and 1.9+.

If you click a 1.8 button when you're in 1.9+ server it teleports you to the exactly same version of server(all games involved) which uses 1.8 as based version of MC
If you click a 1.9+ button when you're in 1.8 server it teleports you to the exactly same version of server(all games involved) which uses 1.9+ as based versions of MC

I know: it takes a lot of time to make it, but situation on this thread(and other threads based on this) turned into a war between 1.8 fans vs 1.9+ fans

So this is, ladies and gentlemen, an option to make.
~feferino

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
"BL" means "Bad****" server? Can't think of a game acronym that fits...

But honestly I can't think of a single game that requires spam-clicking or sword-blocking to function. I mean, SkyWars, BedWars, SG, UHC, and Walls are all just the same premise of "last man/team standing" with various ways of gathering resources and a few extraneous rules. Being able to spam-click isn't necessary for the combat in any of those games, because you can just substitute it for 1.9+ combat and you're fine. Or substitute it with gun combat, or wizard combat, or grenade combat... honestly, nothing about how the games function requires a specific combat style.

1.9 didn't remove combos, just added some new ones and changed how to do others. And how was blocking necessary for straightlining?

Im just saying swords would be useless because it would just be knocking people off the edge. Well there is a way to combo but its honestly boring af compared too anything in 1.8 Also if you ever watched a video on pvp they dont get straight lines without blockhitting because of the way they reduce kb and increase kb dealt

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Nooby because I haven't spamclicked in about a year, went on ultra today (supposedly the most competitive spamclick server there is atm) and won 16 games in a row. All you need is high CPS and aim, stupidly easy.
That is totally untrue. First I highly doubt you won 16 games in a row unless your played bow. Its not just high cps and aim lmao. You have to rod combo strafe blockhit to name a few.

Jul 4, 2017
I think you should have a button in settings which is called ''change version''.

If you click it, then it appears a choice between 1.8 and 1.9+.
~feferino

Ah yes, so the server-side version of that "/gamerule oldCombat" a bajillion people have asked for; no. You greatly underestimate the power of economics in this situation; it's an absurd cost to make it, and comes with the additional cost of supporting a 2-year-old version of the game perpetually.

Im just saying swords would be useless because it would just be knocking people off the edge. Well there is a way to combo but its honestly boring af compared too anything in 1.8 Also if you ever watched a video on pvp they dont get straight lines without blockhitting because of the way they reduce kb and increase kb dealt

Actually, it's much easier to knock people off the edge in 1.8 because the kb is so jank (4 blocks from sprint-hit what the heck). I don't see where you get the idea that the only viable combat option in 1.9+ is knocking people off-stage; and as it turns out not every game takes place on floating islands anyways.

And can I see video evidence or trustworthy documentation that blockhitting increases kb dealt? I can understand blocking being coded to reduce kb you receive, but why would blocking increase the kb you do to other players when attacking while blocking was not an intended feature? My thought is that actual kb is not increased, but that blockhitting simply functions similar to w-tap/s-tap in that it slows down your movement speed right as you sprint-hit someone, so that it looks like you're hitting them further. I think this because I have on occasion seen people do straightline in 1.9+ by hitting shift as they attack.

There are multiple ways to combo in 1.9+, and honestly 1.8 combos are all spectacle and no substance.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
That is totally untrue. First I highly doubt you won 16 games in a row unless your played bow. Its not just high cps and aim lmao. You have to rod combo strafe blockhit to name a few.
1v1 me 1.7? My discord is SpankMeSanta#4541

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I dont have discord. If you play 1.7 you should know that almost all competitive pvpers prefer that..
Exactly, cubecraft isn't a competitive pvp server nor do I think they want to be, so they shouldn't add spamclick gamemodes

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
How I hate how people say that spam clicking is nooby.I think the problem here is that a lot of 1.9 supporters are people that joined when that was in the game and just played the most recent version. They have no idea how it was before and think that 1.8 is some old version that no one plays anymore. I can assure you that almost all the pvpers play in 1.8 because its a lot funner for most people without the timed attacks. Im not going to say that 1.9 is nooby or some crap because I understand people prefer that version. But lets be honest here... No one in the pvp community that was any good liked this update. It just took away stuff that was fun. Yes you can still combo but its way to easy to get out of. You can just run away between hit cooldowns. Plus you can no longer get those huge 20 hit combos without blockhitting or unless your opponent it trash.I dont think people understand im saying 1.8 should be added as another version too play the game in. I dont even know why slow clickers (I mean 1.9ers lol sorry had too) are saying this is a bad idea because it doesnt effect you at all. 1.8 and 1.7 still make up the vast majority of active players and pvpers. Trying to make it die (@logicalpencils) wont do minecraft its self any good or
cubecraft.

Also let me bring this up which is more exciting to watch.

1.8 vs 1.9

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017
How I hate how people say that spam clicking is nooby.I think the problem here is that a lot of 1.9 supporters are people that joined when that was in the game and just played the most recent version. They have no idea how it was before and think that 1.8 is some old version that no one plays anymore. I can assure you that almost all the pvpers play in 1.8 because its a lot funner for most people without the timed attacks. Im not going to say that 1.9 is nooby or some crap because I understand people prefer that version. But lets be honest here... No one in the pvp community that was any good liked this update. It just took away stuff that was fun. Yes you can still combo but its way to easy to get out of. You can just run away between hit cooldowns. Plus you can no longer get those huge 20 hit combos without blockhitting or unless your opponent it trash.I dont think people understand im saying 1.8 should be added as another version too play the game in. I dont even know why slow clickers (I mean 1.9ers lol sorry had too) are saying this is a bad idea because it doesnt effect you at all. 1.8 and 1.7 still make up the vast majority of active players and pvpers. Trying to make it die (@logicalpencils) wont do minecraft its self any good or
cubecraft.

Also let me bring this up which is more exciting to watch.

Can you get a spell-checker?

I'm not saying all of 1.8 is nooby; I'm saying that spam-clicking was.

I joined the game on release 1.2.5, and to assume that "no good player" likes 1.9+ is arrogant, presumptuous, and false.

You can run away between hit cooldowns as much as you can run away during damage immunity in 1.8 - that is to say, not really.

Never seen a huge 20-hit combo in 1.8 against evenly-matched players, honestly, and if it does happen regularly then that seems way too easy. If it happens rarely, then it also happens rarely in 1.9+ and you just haven't seen it.

I understand that you want 1.8 as an additional mode; I don't think you understand that Cubecraft should not waste their time making and maintaining modes to attract players in an over-saturated market, when they could instead be doing things like make good new games like TNT Trouble.

1.12 makes up the vast majority of Minecraft Java players at any given time, and there is a huge untapped market for 1.9+ servers. Making old versions of the game die or stagnate is the goal of any game dev and should be the goal of servers that support the current version.

As for the videos, a few points:
  1. Honestly I think both are boring; OP duels never interested me as they last way too long and consist of just repetitively swinging your sword at the other guy.
  2. The videos are not using the same gear, so this isn't even an accurate comparison.
  3. The 1.8 consists of the two people clicking a lot and about every half-second getting a tap on the other guy; they keep trading hits with each other until one or both of them decide to drop out and pot. Terribly boring.
  4. The 1.9 consists of the two people rhythmically clicking and about every half-second getting a tap on the other guy, or else missing and taking the hit from the other guy; they keep trading hits with each other until one of them loses their armor. Terribly boring.
  5. Which one is more interesting to watch is completely irrelevant; Minecraft is not a spectator sport. What matters is which one is more fun to play.

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Can you get a spell-checker?

I'm not saying all of 1.8 is nooby; I'm saying that spam-clicking was.

I joined the game on release 1.2.5, and to assume that "no good player" likes 1.9+ is arrogant, presumptuous, and false.

You can run away between hit cooldowns as much as you can run away during damage immunity in 1.8 - that is to say, not really.

Never seen a huge 20-hit combo in 1.8 against evenly-matched players, honestly, and if it does happen regularly then that seems way too easy. If it happens rarely, then it also happens rarely in 1.9+ and you just haven't seen it.

I understand that you want 1.8 as an additional mode; I don't think you understand that Cubecraft should not waste their time making and maintaining modes to attract players in an over-saturated market, when they could instead be doing things like make good new games like TNT Trouble.

1.12 makes up the vast majority of Minecraft Java players at any given time, and there is a huge untapped market for 1.9+ servers. Making old versions of the game die or stagnate is the goal of any game dev and should be the goal of servers that support the current version.

As for the videos, a few points:
  1. Honestly I think both are boring; OP duels never interested me as they last way too long and consist of just repetitively swinging your sword at the other guy.
  2. The videos are not using the same gear, so this isn't even an accurate comparison.
  3. The 1.8 consists of the two people clicking a lot and about every half-second getting a tap on the other guy; they keep trading hits with each other until one or both of them decide to drop out and pot. Terribly boring.
  4. The 1.9 consists of the two people rhythmically clicking and about every half-second getting a tap on the other guy, or else missing and taking the hit from the other guy; they keep trading hits with each other until one of them loses their armor. Terribly boring.
  5. Which one is more interesting to watch is completely irrelevant; Minecraft is not a spectator sport. What matters is which one is more fun to play.
I dont think I misspelled anything lol.

I dont see the logic that spam clicking was nooby because it added so much more too pvp that required skill.

If its a wooden sword sure but something more likely like a axe or a sword stone and up. The cool down is way longer then the damage immunity.

I was kinda exaggerating. Like 10 hit combos. If you see stimpys videos or something you will see those combos arnt even rare if your good. Even me myself have gotten upto 15. I dont think these ever happen in 1.9 because of the attack cool down unless your opponent is dumb.

No way. Thats just false. First you have got the modded community which is like 1.7 and down. Then you got the competitive community. Then you got all of hypixel which is 8 million. We would play up if they exactly added stuff we want. They arnt caring about the vast majority of pvpers and just making up crap so sethbling and other redstoners can make more videos and get their game more popular.

While then all thats your opinion...

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Just for blockwars and maybe sg. I agrees some of the games do fit in 1.9 pvp.
Why would 1.8 suit blockwars? You barely get any armour, fights would last about 3 seconds and it would be impossible to capture a flag you'd be dead in 1 second flat

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Why would 1.8 suit blockwars? You barely get any armour, fights would last about 3 seconds and it would be impossible to capture a flag you'd be dead in 1 second flat
Well much better than right now where it takes 10 seconds to kill someone. Think of it this way. If it takes 3 seconds then it should be really easy to plow through opponents

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Well much better than right now where it takes 10 seconds to kill someone. Think of it this way. If it takes 3 seconds then it should be really easy to plow through opponents
It would also be impossible to win 1v2s considering how quick fights go, you'd always be getting cleaned up, and when you have slowness when you have the flag it would be impossible to capture it unless you had the speed kit, but the speed kit has so little armour anyway you'd insta die

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
It would also be impossible to win 1v2s considering how quick fights go, you'd always be getting cleaned up, and when you have slowness when you have the flag it would be impossible to capture it unless you had the speed kit, but the speed kit has so little armour anyway you'd insta die
Well then thats preference

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
Top Bottom