• No

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
What I think is, to keep cube craft alive, we need more 1.8 combat games, the 1.8 combat community is much larger than 1.9 (don't quote me on that, but I think its true). So why not make more 1.8 combat games on 1.8.9, people want PVP. Not slow paced 1.9 pvp. You see on hypixel, most of their games are 1.8 fast paced pvp games. We can keep the 1.9 games and all but to draw in more players, we need 1.8 combat games. Lets be honest here, as @logicalpencils said, cube craft is the only 1.9 combat server with over 50 players. A lot of people want more 1.8 games.
Dont you think that if the management team wanted 1.8 games they would have added them ages ago?I have nothing against 1.8 im just saying that if the owners thought this could attract more players they would have added it.Thats just what I think,dont take my word for it.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Dont you think that if the management team wanted 1.8 games they would have added them ages ago?I have nothing against 1.8 im just saying that if the owners thought this could attract more players they would have added it.Thats just what I think,dont take my word for it.
I'm not sure either, maybe they want their server to be unique.

Jul 4, 2017
Lets be honest here, as @logicalpencils said, cube craft is the only 1.9 combat server with over 50 players. A lot of people want more 1.8 games.

Can you not use hyperbole when describing 1.9+? Because first of all, it doesn't take "a few seconds" to get off a second sword swing - it takes .6 seconds to fully recharge - just .1 seconds longer than the effective max speed of 1.8 combat (because of .5s damage immunity). So it isn't slow unless you keep missing, and if you keep missing it's cuz you're bad because the buggy 1.8 hit reg was fixed in 1.11 and hitboxes are smaller in 1.9+ so you need better aim.

I'm not saying that Cubecraft is the only 1.9+ combat server because there is no audience for 1.9+ pvp; I'm saying it's the only one because you 1.8 people keep scaring off server owners from even making non-pvp games 1.9+, not to mention the pvp games.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
I play 1.8 cubecraft and it would be nice to add an SG for 1.8 as another pvp mode. But I disagree that 1.8 community is bigger than the 1.9. There are millions of players who want to be up to date and soon servers with 1.8 are going to go away just like the servers in 1.5.2 so people want to be propared for that.
1.8 is bigger then the 1.9 community by far. First like 50% of people play 1.8 and about 4% play 1.7 .1% play below. The others play 1.9 It wont die as long as servers keep supporting it. Also sg along with blockwars.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
@MimicPanda people don't like the lack of blockhitting in pvp, either... and I guess some of them complain about kb, even though 1.8 kb was jank. But anyways, people who play MC for pvp aren't going to look beyond the pvp features for things like blocks, mobs, functionalities, cmd blocks/functions, or anything else, because all they care about is fighting other people. In which case I would still contend that 1.9+ pvp is better.
Oh no you again. 1.8 pvp is better satiscally. lol

Jul 4, 2017
1.8 is bigger then the 1.9 community by far. First like 50% of people play 1.8 and about 4% play 1.7 .1% play below. The others play 1.9 It wont die as long as servers keep supporting it. Also sg along with blockwars.

50% of people on what server? Where are you getting these numbers?

And I agree - 1.8 won't die as long as servers keep supporting it, and people won't come to like 1.9+ until servers start supporting it.

Which version is "better" for pvp is down to personal preference, but in every other way 1.12 is objectively better. More blocks, more mobs, better performance, hitboxes that fit to the entity models' sizes, command functionality has skyrocketed (and is about to again with 1.13), more items, more status effects, and on and on and on.

Reactions: MimicPanda

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
50% of people on what server? Where are you getting these numbers?

And I agree - 1.8 won't die as long as servers keep supporting it, and people won't come to like 1.9+ until servers start supporting it.

Which version is "better" for pvp is down to personal preference, but in every other way 1.12 is objectively better. More blocks, more mobs, better performance, hitboxes that fit to the entity models' sizes, command functionality has skyrocketed (and is about to again with 1.13), more items, more status effects, and on and on and on.
50% of the minecraft community.Not this server because there is only 2 non 1.9 pvp games. Im not saying remove it completely im just saying theres some games that were better off before they switched like sg and blockwars.

Jul 4, 2017
Alright, searched for a good hour and I cannot find Dinnerbone's post where he revealed that the vast majority of players use the current version of the game. But anyways, what on earth is your source for saying that half of all Minecraft Java players use 1.8?

I think the sucky nature of SG and BlockWars right now is more due to terrible design on the part of the devs, than because of the combat.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Alright, searched for a good hour and I cannot find Dinnerbone's post where he revealed that the vast majority of players use the current version of the game. But anyways, what on earth is your source for saying that half of all Minecraft Java players use 1.8?

I think the sucky nature of SG and BlockWars right now is more due to terrible design on the part of the devs, than because of the combat.
Because this is the only popular 1.9 server I know of. Also you may have noticed that once this switched to 1.9 the player count dropped a lot.

Reactions: Luzario

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Because this is the only popular 1.9 server I know of. Also you may have noticed that once this switched to 1.9 the player count dropped a lot.
Tf no it didn't, just a few months ago it had 30k at peak times, stop making things up so you can convert cubecraft to hypixel v2

Jul 4, 2017

... What is your source for saying 50% of all Minecraft Java players are on 1.8? You haven't answered my question.

The only reason it's the only popular 1.9+ server is because none of the other popular servers will update; that's the fault of server owners. Taking Hypixel as an example, Admins have stated having just under half of their playerbase use 1.8. So clearly 1.8 isn't significantly more popular than 1.9+; it's simply been the choice of the owners to take the lazy option and just not update to appease one-half of their audience and alienate the other half.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
... What is your source for saying 50% of all Minecraft Java players are on 1.8? You haven't answered my question.

The only reason it's the only popular 1.9+ server is because none of the other popular servers will update; that's the fault of server owners. Taking Hypixel as an example, Admins have stated having just under half of their playerbase use 1.8. So clearly 1.8 isn't significantly more popular than 1.9+; it's simply been the choice of the owners to take the lazy option and just not update to appease one-half of their audience and alienate the other half.
While then why is it the most popular server by faaaaar. There was a report by someone on hypixel which showed how many people log on which each version. The reason why the server owners dont update too 1.9 is because it will indefinitely lose players. Not that there lazy or not smart but because they know what people like.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Tf no it didn't, just a few months ago it had 30k at peak times, stop making things up so you can convert cubecraft to hypixel v2
30k players... It never had that even in 1.8. Even if thats true it barely averages 6k right now.

Jul 4, 2017
While then why is it the most popular server by faaaaar. There was a report by someone on hypixel which showed how many people log on which each version. The reason why the server owners dont update too 1.9 is because it will indefinitely lose players. Not that there lazy or not smart but because they know what people like.

You really need to fix up your grammar, or stop using autocorrect at the very least.

Can you read? I already mentioned that version post, and they said that only half of the people who get on Hyp use 1.8. There's an entire second half of the server, as well as people who don't currently play the server, who would be benefited by Hyp offering a game that uses 1.12 mechanics and features. It is sheer laziness, or perhaps merely the personal distaste the admins have to 1.9+ pvp, that keeps them from making a single 1.9+ game.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
I
You really need to fix up your grammar, or stop using autocorrect at the very least.

Can you read? I already mentioned that version post, and they said that only half of the people who get on Hyp use 1.8. There's an entire second half of the server, as well as people who don't currently play the server, who would be benefited by Hyp offering a game that uses 1.12 mechanics and features. It is sheer laziness, or perhaps merely the personal distaste the admins have to 1.9+ pvp, that keeps them from making a single 1.9+ game.
I think you sorta missing the point... Im asking for some games to have a 1.8 feature because I think it fits that game better.

Jul 4, 2017
II think you sorta missing the point... Im asking for some games to have a 1.8 feature because I think it fits that game better.

I know of like, two games where spam-clicking "fits the game better" than measured, timed attacks - cookie clicker, and Sumo/push-people-off-edge-with-kb-sticks.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
I know of like, two games where spam-clicking "fits the game better" than measured, timed attacks - cookie clicker, and Sumo/push-people-off-edge-with-kb-sticks.
What... what about blockwars and sg along with the current ones. I think your stuck on the idea that 1.9 is better than 1.8 tbh.

Jul 4, 2017
What... what about blockwars and sg along with the current ones. I think your stuck on the idea that 1.9 is better than 1.8 tbh.

I think you're stuck on the idea that 1.8 is better than 1.12... my point is that BlockWars and SG have no particular benefit to going back to the old version, just as SW and EggWars don't have any particular need to use the old mechanics.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
I think you're stuck on the idea that 1.8 is better than 1.12... my point is that BlockWars and SG have no particular benefit to going back to the old version, just as SW and EggWars don't have any particular need to use the old mechanics.
I mean yeah its my opinion but the games would still have a 1.9 version but there would also be a 1.9 mode. This means it wouldnt lose players but It would gain players. The reason why the "old version" or 1.8 has benefits still is because more people play it or even if thats what you want to hear.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on h2hl's profile.
Welcome to the Forums!! You’re cool for joining 😎
Reesle wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Eggwars > Bedwars
( all servers )
Reesle wrote on WarriorCat912's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Congrats on 200 messages! 🥳
Top Bottom