• Yes

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Also island games is really boring in 1.9 because it takes like 20 seconds to kill someone and its just spamming to get them off the edge.

Jul 4, 2017
It takes 4 crits to kill a guy in full iron armor with an iron sword, dude - that's a minimum of 1.875 seconds to kill from the time of landing the first hit. But let's say you're in a scenario where critting isn't viable; it still takes only 4 iron axe swings (3.33 seconds) or 7 iron sword swings (3.75 seconds) or 8 stone sword swings (4.375 seconds) to kill. If it's taking you 20 seconds to kill someone, you've got some serious aim or lag problems.

I dont think I misspelled anything lol.

I dont see the logic that spam clicking was nooby because it added so much more too pvp that required skill.

If its a wooden sword sure but something more likely like a axe or a sword stone and up. The cool down is way longer then the damage immunity.

I was kinda exaggerating. Like 10 hit combos. If you see stimpys videos or something you will see those combos arnt even rare if your good. Even me myself have gotten upto 15. I dont think these ever happen in 1.9 because of the attack cool down unless your opponent is dumb.

No way. Thats just false. First you have got the modded community which is like 1.7 and down. Then you got the competitive community. Then you got all of hypixel which is 8 million. We would play up if they exactly added stuff we want. They arnt caring about the vast majority of pvpers and just making up crap so sethbling and other redstoners can make more videos and get their game more popular.

That's why I'm saying you need a spell-checker.

What in Minecraft pvp requires spam-clicking to be a viable skill? Combos? no. Strafing? no. Aiming? no.

Why does the material of the sword change one's ability to run away from it? All swords swing at the same speed. The cooldown for swords is literally 0.12 seconds longer than damage immunity; that's not "way longer".

Okay so you're going with "10-hit combos are regular" argument, to which my response is: if it's so common to achieve against people of the same skill level as you, that implies that it isn't particularly difficult to pull off.

Yes, way. According to Mojang themselves, the majority of players is always on the current version. (oh and mods are up to 1.10.2 now). You've got the competitive community on both 1.8- and 1.9+ so I don't see your point. "All of Hypixel" you mean everyone who's ever joined the server? Because not everyone who joins a server ever returns. And as for returning players, half of Hypixel's current regular playerbase don't play 1.8.

You're conflating "majority of pvp'ers" with "majority of all players". And in fact, you don't even know if the majority of pvp'ers are against 1.9+ because there's never been a substantial amount of 1.9+ pvp games and servers for people to even try it out on. But anyways, let's assume that more pvp'ers like 1.8. I again point you to that interview between Doc and Dinnerbone, in which the latter makes it very clear that what he's trying to do is create a better pvp system for that community. Could you possibly imagine the hurt and disappointment he feels when he sees that people in that community aren't even willing to fricking TRY IT on any of their servers?

Sethbling hasn't made a Minecraft video in months, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. They don't just "make up crap", they plan out how they can slowly add to each area of the game because guess what, YOU AREN'T THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO PLAY MINECRAFT. They branch out survival, mobs, blocks, performance, redstone, pvp, and mapmaking all the time, slowly but surely in every direction. For example, you think survival players are completely happy about the game as it is? No, there's tons of balance issues and end-game scarcity in survival.

As for them favoring builders and mapmakers in more recent updates (and in 1.13), thank goodness, they'd better; as it turns out, mapmakers and builders are the very heart of Minecraft, because they're the ones making the games, kiddo.

A

A pigeon

Okay , bear with me here , first of all Slippery , Hypixel does not get 8 mil players. Secondly , If fights last 10 seconds for you on blockwars , you're probably playing wrong. The cooldown isn't as long as you think.

Last time I watched SethBling , he was trying to get to Hyrule castle in 10 miniutes.

Honestly I really dislike PvP as a whole , regardless of version it has become distasteful. I am not bad when I try , but these days I'd use a bow ti have fun.
Also island games is really boring in 1.9 because it takes like 20 seconds to kill someone and its just spamming to get them off the edge.
Proof that you take too long to kill someone. I can end fights in 5-10 seconds against full iron in OP Eggwars provided no gapple spam , a fight would end in 6 seconds against nonenchabted full iton , let alone leather.

"Spamming to get them off the edge" statement speaks for itself.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
It takes 4 crits to kill a guy in full iron armor with an iron sword, dude - that's a minimum of 1.875 seconds to kill from the time of landing the first hit. But let's say you're in a scenario where critting isn't viable; it still takes only 4 iron axe swings (3.33 seconds) or 7 iron sword swings (3.75 seconds) or 8 stone sword swings (4.375 seconds) to kill. If it's taking you 20 seconds to kill someone, you've got some serious aim or lag problems.

That's why I'm saying you need a spell-checker.

What in Minecraft pvp requires spam-clicking to be a viable skill? Combos? no. Strafing? no. Aiming? no.

Why does the material of the sword change one's ability to run away from it? All swords swing at the same speed. The cooldown for swords is literally 0.12 seconds longer than damage immunity; that's not "way longer".

Okay so you're going with "10-hit combos are regular" argument, to which my response is: if it's so common to achieve against people of the same skill level as you, that implies that it isn't particularly difficult to pull off.

Yes, way. According to Mojang themselves, the majority of players is always on the current version. (oh and mods are up to 1.10.2 now). You've got the competitive community on both 1.8- and 1.9+ so I don't see your point. "All of Hypixel" you mean everyone who's ever joined the server? Because not everyone who joins a server ever returns. And as for returning players, half of Hypixel's current regular playerbase don't play 1.8.

You're conflating "majority of pvp'ers" with "majority of all players". And in fact, you don't even know if the majority of pvp'ers are against 1.9+ because there's never been a substantial amount of 1.9+ pvp games and servers for people to even try it out on. But anyways, let's assume that more pvp'ers like 1.8. I again point you to that interview between Doc and Dinnerbone, in which the latter makes it very clear that what he's trying to do is create a better pvp system for that community. Could you possibly imagine the hurt and disappointment he feels when he sees that people in that community aren't even willing to fricking TRY IT on any of their servers?

Sethbling hasn't made a Minecraft video in months, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. They don't just "make up crap", they plan out how they can slowly add to each area of the game because guess what, YOU AREN'T THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO PLAY MINECRAFT. They branch out survival, mobs, blocks, performance, redstone, pvp, and mapmaking all the time, slowly but surely in every direction. For example, you think survival players are completely happy about the game as it is? No, there's tons of balance issues and end-game scarcity in survival.

As for them favoring builders and mapmakers in more recent updates (and in 1.13), thank goodness, they'd better; as it turns out, mapmakers and builders are the very heart of Minecraft, because they're the ones making the games, kiddo.
Yeah that makes sense if they arnt hitting you back or moving at all.

Why would I need a spell checker If I dont misspell anything?

Combos yes... rodding yes straightlining yes

thats a joke right? The cooldown is 10x as long...

If your good they arnt hard to pull off

Clearly you wont drop the dinnerbone tweet that may or may not have been a thing. Im just saying almost every modder plays in 1.7-. Its still 1.8 combat...

Most of pvpers have tried it and dont like it.

Im just going to stop here because I cant even understand what your saying there but idc what the slow clickers think about this.

Jul 4, 2017
Yeah that makes sense if they arnt hitting you back or moving at all.

Why would I need a spell checker If I dont misspell anything?

Combos yes... rodding yes straightlining yes

thats a joke right? The cooldown is 10x as long...

If your good they arnt hard to pull off

Clearly you wont drop the dinnerbone tweet that may or may not have been a thing. Im just saying almost every modder plays in 1.7-. Its still 1.8 combat...

Most of pvpers have tried it and dont like it.

Im just going to stop here because I cant even understand what your saying there but idc what the slow clickers think about this.

I was giving best-case scenario; but sure, let's say that you miss two swings and make 1 swing a crit and get comboed for 4 hits by the other guy - you'd still take only ~9 seconds in that fight.

You need a spell checker because you do have a lot of misspellings (and you omit apostrophes).

If you can't combo in 1.9+ you just suck at it. Rods never did kb in vanilla, that's a plugin that can easily be put back in 1.9+, and that has nothing to do with spam-clicking anyways. And you can straightline.

Damage immunity is 0.5 seconds. Sword cooldown is 0.62 seconds. 0.62-0.5=0.12. Is math a joke?

Okay so my point about "15-hit combos" is that if they're so easy to pull off, then 1.8 isn't all that hard, is it?

I've already dropped the Dinnerbone tweet, but here it is again (this was back on May 31, before 1.12 released): https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/869961452303417345
And not every modder plays 1.7-, and you greatly overestimate the size of that group.

How do you know "most pvp'ers" have tried it? You mean "youtubers" who literally played, like, one poorly balanced SG and a laggy UHC? Servers have not attempted updating. That's a problem.

You don't understand that the 1.8 pvp group isn't the only community in Minecraft? Or you don't understand that mapmakers and builders are more important to Minecraft in general than pvp'ers? Or that Mojang deliberately tried to make 1.9 to be an improvement to pvp that you guys simply won't use or offer? Honestly, your insistence that you are the majority and that Mojang is just a malevolent, uncaring money-grabbing beast is laughably arrogant.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
I was giving best-case scenario; but sure, let's say that you miss two swings and make 1 swing a crit and get comboed for 4 hits by the other guy - you'd still take only ~9 seconds in that fight.

You need a spell checker because you do have a lot of misspellings (and you omit apostrophes).

If you can't combo in 1.9+ you just suck at it. Rods never did kb in vanilla, that's a plugin that can easily be put back in 1.9+, and that has nothing to do with spam-clicking anyways. And you can straightline.

Damage immunity is 0.5 seconds. Sword cooldown is 0.62 seconds. 0.62-0.5=0.12. Is math a joke?

Okay so my point about "15-hit combos" is that if they're so easy to pull off, then 1.8 isn't all that hard, is it?

I've already dropped the Dinnerbone tweet, but here it is again (this was back on May 31, before 1.12 released): https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/869961452303417345
And not every modder plays 1.7-, and you greatly overestimate the size of that group.

How do you know "most pvp'ers" have tried it? You mean "youtubers" who literally played, like, one poorly balanced SG and a laggy UHC? Servers have not attempted updating. That's a problem.

You don't understand that the 1.8 pvp group isn't the only community in Minecraft? Or you don't understand that mapmakers and builders are more important to Minecraft in general than pvp'ers? Or that Mojang deliberately tried to make 1.9 to be an improvement to pvp that you guys simply won't use or offer? Honestly, your insistence that you are the majority and that Mojang is just a malevolent, uncaring money-grabbing beast is laughably arrogant.
I really dont feel like writing another comeback so all Ill say is that I dont care but slow clickers think I want a dev response.Im just going to say what im thinking here : The fact that people think a version with cooldowns is superior in pvp compared to 1.7 is completely retarded. If you ever tried pvp you will see that 1.7 has the best setup for a fun game. I swear all 1.9 is is hit them a few times then run. Its also totally retarded that 1.9ers call that chain hit combos because thats not at all what a combo is in 1.7. Theres a good reason why no one in the competitive pvp community has switched too 1.9. Almost no one in the 1.9 community knows half of pvp like straight lining and rod freezing. I would also like to touch on one point you make here. Ever since microsoft took over mojang has become a greedy money piece of crap. The og minecraft developers are still good like jeb and dinnerbone and others. For example look at minecraft windows 10. You have to pay for skins and texture packs...

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017
...I swear all 1.9 is is hit them a few times then run. Its also totally retarded that 1.9ers call that chain hit combos because thats not at all what a combo is in 1.7. Theres a good reason why no one in the competitive pvp community has switched too 1.9. Almost no one in the 1.9 community knows half of pvp like straight lining and rod freezing. I would also like to touch on one point you make here. Ever since microsoft took over mojang has become a greedy money piece of crap. The og minecraft developers are still good like jeb and dinnerbone and others. For example look at minecraft windows 10. You have to pay for skins and texture packs...

I swear you've never played 1.9+ with any real intention to be good at it, because it isn't hit a few times and run. And who cares whether it's "the kind of combo" 1.7 has? It's still a series of hits caused by a combination of good aim, timing, and spacing. I don't see anything spectacular about 1.7 combos anyways - the only significantly different thing that ever happens in 1.7 combos is when the kb goes jank and people just start flying 20 blocks in the air. How do you know what we know about pvp, btw? Again, sheer arrogance.

Oh and just in case you didn't get the memo: RODS HAVE NEVER DONE KB TO PLAYERS IN VANILLA MC - IT'S A PLUGIN.

Clearly you don't think that the Minecraft devs are good because you don't like the past 4 updates they've released.

There's a good and bad to paid skins and packs; on one hand, it's supporting people who create them; on the other hand, it's making something that is free on Java costly on other platforms.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
The fact that people think a version with cooldowns is superior in pvp compared to 1.7 is completely retarded. If you ever tried pvp you will see that 1.7 has the best setup for a fun game.
931ea68c9fd5292557f1e91e20b1ce92.png

Instantly dying is the best preferable set up for a fun game? Okay then

A

A pigeon

931ea68c9fd5292557f1e91e20b1ce92.png

Instantly dying is the best preferable set up for a fun game? Okay then
Well ge does prefer 1.8 where its always insta death.
I really dont feel like writing another comeback so all Ill say is that I dont care but slow clickers think I want a dev response.Im just going to say what im thinking here : The fact that people think a version with cooldowns is superior in pvp compared to 1.7 is completely retarded. If you ever tried pvp you will see that 1.7 has the best setup for a fun game. I swear all 1.9 is is hit them a few times then run. Its also totally retarded that 1.9ers call that chain hit combos because thats not at all what a combo is in 1.7. Theres a good reason why no one in the competitive pvp community has switched too 1.9. Almost no one in the 1.9 community knows half of pvp like straight lining and rod freezing. I would also like to touch on one point you make here. Ever since microsoft took over mojang has become a greedy money piece of crap. The og minecraft developers are still good like jeb and dinnerbone and others. For example look at minecraft windows 10. You have to pay for skins and texture packs...

Hit a few times and run? Isn't that what you do in 1.8 as well?

Jul 4, 2017
No see that's my point; you don't actually know how 1.9+ works because you presuppose that it's boring.

Oh and tagging the devs 4 times is definitely gonna make them respond and not get mad at you.

Reactions: A pigeon

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
No see that's my point; you don't actually know how 1.9+ works because you presuppose that it's boring.

Oh and tagging the devs 4 times is definitely gonna make them respond and not get mad at you.
Im sorry but if dont respond after being tagged twice to a 6 page thread theres a problem.

Jul 4, 2017
What makes your thread so special that the devs should specifically respond to you? And what justifies you tagging them incessantly?

Reactions: A pigeon

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
1.8 needs to be much more of a thing on Cubecraft. I see absolutely, NO way that it could harm the server at all. Some arguments that I have heard are that the 1.8 community is dead, Sentinal is not on 1.8, and that there are games full of hackers. These are all false rumors, Im very active in both versions so I have an idea on what its like over on the 1.8 side. I have seen Sentinal ban in 1.8 with my own two eyes, literally in the chat Sentinal says its banned someone. Also, 1.8 is far from dead. I think 1.9 players are so strongly against going to the 1.8 side that they assume its dead. The last rumor is that there are tons of hackers, which I think is pretty ridiculous. I can play 50 games of eggwars and see about 3 hackers. So maybe instead of there being hundreds of hackers, its probably just hundreds of hackusators.

By the way, I think this thread was meant to be in suggestions. The PvP section I thought was supposed to be discussion about FFA and duals, and I think the thread creator might have just misunderstood.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
1.8 needs to be much more of a thing on Cubecraft. I see absolutely, NO way that it could harm the server at all. Some arguments that I have heard are that the 1.8 community is dead, Sentinal is not on 1.8, and that there are games full of hackers. These are all false rumors, Im very active in both versions so I have an idea on what its like over on the 1.8 side. I have seen Sentinal ban in 1.8 with my own two eyes, literally in the chat Sentinal says its banned someone. Also, 1.8 is far from dead. I think 1.9 players are so strongly against going to the 1.8 side that they assume its dead. The last rumor is that there are tons of hackers, which I think is pretty ridiculous. I can play 50 games of eggwars and see about 3 hackers. So maybe instead of there being hundreds of hackers, its probably just hundreds of hackusators.

By the way, I think this thread was meant to be in suggestions. The PvP section I thought was supposed to be discussion about FFA and duals, and I think the thread creator might have just misunderstood.
Right for all that. Idk I just though it was most suiting because you know 1.8 PVP

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday, cool Forums member!! 🥳✨
Reesle wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
UncleSpect wrote on _EliteDavy's profile.
thank you for the follow my friend! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday, Eef <3
Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes 💕
Top Bottom