Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should bows dropped by skeletons count for your bingo collection?

• No. (Please do share your reasoning!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Really tiny suggestion. Just a minor mechanic that could be added to make your life easier in Bingo.

upload_2018-3-5_20-45-32.png

Bows dropped by skeletons don't count as a bow on the bingo card. I assume this is due to the damage value. I believe this was done intentionally to make it more of a challenge. (similar to the oak boats)
It'd be nice if these bows were counted, since it's literally an item that we collected.
The same goes for dropped iron swords that zombies have from time to time.

Last edited:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
you can’t always get a bow from a skeleton. The gamemode is mostly about luck and if you are lucky enough to get a bow from a skeleton. Free present
Seeing as you voted for "no" & comparing it with what you wrote down, did you even read through what I'm suggesting?
Currently, a bow dropped by a skeleton is not recognized as an item on the bingo card. I'm suggesting that they make it so that it does recognize a dropped bow as an actual bow.

Reactions: Shifts

Shifts

Oct 18, 2017
Somewhere On Earth
Seeing as you voted for "no" & comparing it with what you wrote down, did you even read through what I'm suggesting
Currently, a bow dropped by a skeleton is not recognized as an item on the bingo card. I'm suggesting that they make it so that it does recognize a dropped bow as an actual bow.
Oh lol oops

TheImperfect

Novice Member
Jul 28, 2017
I'd say yes, seeing that it's also pretty rare to get bows from skeletons. After all, you did get the bow fair and square

Wouze

Apr 9, 2016
New york
While the game was in development we purposely did this as crafting is mainly the task here. Although this would be a good idea I'm not to sure if they'll add it in.
Crafting can go along with a bit of luck, I think this should definitely be changed. Good catch!

MJ010101

Dec 17, 2017
Fjollträsk
If you drop something from a dispenser on the ground manually, it’ll count, as long as it isn’t damaged!
I agree

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Or you craft some dropped bows together to make a full durability one ;)
Getting a single bow drop is one thing. Getting multiple of them in order to craft a full durability bow? You'd probably be better off killing a spider or two.
You'd need at least 3 bow drops from skeletons as you usually get somewhere between the 30% and 40% durability left on each bow.
This is true, but then you could also farm a skeleton spawner if you happened to find one.
Unless there's no chest, you've got a pretty high chance of finding enough string in the dungeon chest(s) for a bow. There's no reason to farm skeletons for the bow item, to be honest. It'd just be a great bonus and a bit of a boost of progress.

I get that you'd want it to recognize fully repaired bows, but there's really no reason to do so.
Since bingo is a somewhat luck based game, I feel that it'd only be fair to have dropped bows count to your card too.

Reactions: Shamel

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I totally agree with you Gainy , getting a bow from a skeleton isn't the easiest thing so it would be nice to have this counted to your Bingo card.

D

Deleted member 100818

Well it depends on how common a bow drop is. I thought it was very rare to get a bow so if that's the case I'd say yes. If it's very common I'd say no because it'd be too easy to get that item if the chance is something like 75%. I don't play bingo because I have all my modifications installed on 1.10 and I'll admit I'm a lazy coin. But for as far as I know a bow drop is very rare and would be a nice implementation to bingo.

While the game was in development we purposely did this as crafting is mainly the task here.
But why? You could do so much more with the gamemode bingo instead of minimizing the options of the gamemode to crafting only while you can do some much more.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Or you craft some dropped bows together to make a full durability one ;)
8.5% chance of getting a bow from a skeleton
That means getting 2 is a 1.7% chance
This is true, but then you could also farm a skeleton spawner if you happened to find one.
For each chunk, 8 attempts are made to generate a dungeon; it's possible but unlikely for multiple attempts to succeed.
Also there is a 25% chance that any spawned dungeon will be a skeleton dungeon
Plus the world border in bingo

Thinking about this
If you had the developers change this in the longest manner they could
Meanwhile you join a bingo game and set off to look for a skeleton spawned

Devs would probably Be able to do it first

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Verideta wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congrats on 500 messages!
Mintypie231 wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Mintypie231 wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎂 🎉
Basketman wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday Mivke 🥳
Basketman wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
Top Bottom