Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Introduction

In this thread I’m going to be talking about my thoughts, my hopes and my concerns about the recent Beta Games updates. I’ll be making this mostly as a feedback thread, but some of it will be background info or speculation. I’ll be breaking this down into a few chapters, each chapter will be about either a certain game or major mechanic.

I am really concerned about how Beta Games is being monetised. I’m fine with the idea of Beta Games being monetised, but a subscription is an odd choice, I understand that it’s a limited time rank for a limited time game. So that you don’t buy the rank, but then the game gets fully released shortly afterwards. But it still doesn’t feel right to me.

But what’s even more important is the price, it’s currently 660 Minecoins for 1 month. Which is €4, or $4, or £3.50, I’m not sure about how much it is in pounds. That’s €48 a year, which is the price of 5 lifetime ranks. That’s absurdly expensive, especially since the rank only offers Map Voting and Gamemode Voting. Whereas each one of those 5 lifetime ranks would give you tons of cosmetics.

It's no secret that Cubecraft isn't turning as big of a profit as it used to. We know this because of the layoffs at the start of Q1, but this isn't the way to solve it. The average age of a Cubecraft player is about 10 or so, no 10 year-old can afford a €48 yearly subscription for beta modes in a Minecraft server. The price is way too high and barely anyone wants to buy the subscription rank, that's why it's very rare to see the other modes in Pillars of Fortune.

There's 2 solutions to this problem, the first is simply dropping the price to €1 per month, which is €12 per year. That's still more expensive than a lifetime rank, but it's manageable. along with this I also think some cosmetics should be added, maybe just some prefixes and a few cages, nothing fancy.

The next solution is far more radical, but it has been done before. Release desperate ranks for each beta game, but do it before they fully release. This was done with Lucky Islands back in 2020, when the rank came out about a week before the game was fully released. The only issue with this system is what if you release a rank, but the game ends up being scrapped. The solution to this is also simple, release the rank about a month after the game enters Beta. That way you can gauge how popular a game is before it's monetised.

Pillars of Fortune has the least to talk about, mostly because of how simple the game is. My main concern about the game is that it can't really be updated. It's hard to create new content in Pillars because of how simple the premise is. You can create new maps sure, but apart from that the only updates it can get are new items with every Minecraft update, or adding custom items.

But generally, the game is fine as it is. All it needs is some small bug fixes and minor changes, but apart from that it's perfect. Also Rising Lava is really janky on Short, the lava reaches you in about 10 seconds.

I don't know how I feel about Bedwars, the game itself is fine, it's just very similar to Eggwars. I've said this before, but after the hype dies down, Bedwars is either going to kill Eggwars, or be killed by Eggwars. I honestly think it's a bit of a pointless game, I'd love to be proven wrong about this, but I am pessimistic about the game.

I do have to applaud the team on how well they've taken feedback regarding Bedwars. People complained that Blastballs were op, so they needed them. I said that the generators were to slow, so they buffed them. Changes are being made quite quickly, which is great to see. Though I do think that Blastballs have been overnerfed, they did need a nerd, but the need they got was a bit too harsh.

The last point I have about Bedwars is about The Hive. It's no secret that Hive has been planning to revamp Treasure Wars into Bedwars for a long time and it's taken them over a year to do it. With the release only a few days away. It's no coincidence that Cubecraft released Bedwars only a few days before The Hive; so that Cubecraft could steal the spotlight! I find this a bit petty, but Cubecraft are well within their rights to make Bedwars. Since the game has been around since at least 2012 and it's unknown who first invented it. It's even more of a blow to The Hive seeing as it took Cubecraft around 2.5 months to make Bedwars, whereas The Hive took almost a full year.

There is currently 1 new game left to be added. This is similar to what happened in 2020, where 3 games were added to Beta in quick succession and then released over the next 6 months (except Line Dash). As for what the next game will be, there are a few theories. This part is purely speculation, I have no concrete proof for any of this. The first Beta Game was Pillars of Fortune, which is a brand new game. The second game was Bedwars, which is a famous game. Which leaves the 3rd game, which I think will be a returning game. There are many candidates for returning games that have existed on Java before. Such as Tower Defense, Among Slimes, Wing Rush, Layer Spleef, Slime Survival, Archer Assault, Paintball, Battle Zone, Barn Brawl, Bingo, Assassination, Money Walls and UHC.

This isn't even a complete list, but it's a long enough list. Out of this there are only a few games which might return, those being Tower Defense, Among Slimes, Wing Rush, Bingo and UHC. Tower defense has a thriving community on Java right until it was removed, though it may be to complex for most Bedrock players. Among Slimes is Among Us in Minecraft, which would be very popular on Bedrock, though it would be very difficult for controller players to type in chat. Also moderation would be a nightmare for it. Wing Rush is based off of Glide, which was extremely popular on Legacy Console, so it would probably get a good few players on Bedrock. People always ask for Bingo to return, half seriously, half as a joke. But it would be quite fun to play on Bedrock, especially with all the new content that's been added to Minecraft over the last decade. Yes 1.9 was almost 10 years ago now. As for UHC, it would never see massive player counts, but it would have a very dedicated (and sweaty) community if it were to be added. It's also highly requested to return

Personally I hope either Bingo or Tower Defense is the 3rd game, but whatever it is it's coming out soon. So the game has already been decided and we just have to sit and wait for its release.

TLDR;

The Subscription is too expensive, Pillars is perfect, Bedwars will compete with Eggwars and was made to steal the spotlight from The Hive.

Outro

Anyway, those are my thoughts of the new Beta Games and how they're being handled. They're mostly great, but there are some serious flaws with how Cubecraft is handling their monetisation. That's all folks!​

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Is it okay for them to lower the price of the rank after people have already payed full price previously? Isn't there a problem with this? I'm not sure. For example, obsidian rank was crazy expensive and everyone wanted it to be cheaper, but they couldn't because it meant that all the people who had already bought obi would feel it was unfair

Also, the following probably confirms the new beta game won't be UHC:
1711654361459.png

Last edited:

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Is it okay for them to lower the price of the rank after people have already payed full price previously? Isn't there a problem with this? I'm not sure. For example, obsidian rank was crazy expensive and everyone wanted it to be cheaper, but they couldn't because it meant that all the people who had already bought obi would feel it was unfair

Also, the following probably confirms the new beta game won't be UHC:
View attachment 229060
It's not the same because it's a subscription rank, with a subscription rank you can either make it very clear that the price will drop in 1 months time, or just make it unavailable to purchase for 1 month. That's one of the upsides of subscription ranks.

Reactions: Casualpoalrbear

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I have to say I do believe the perks of the Beta Games subscription are a bit lackluster, it would be REALLY juicy if they granted those who were subscribed exclusive access to upcoming Beta Games ahead of everyone else. Maybe a day or two, that would surely motivate more people to get the rank!

(However, this would kind of imply that CubeCraft was going to provide users with constant Beta Game releases throughout the year, and that doesn't always happen.

I do realize this idea goes against the notion of it being a rank that people buy when there's a Beta Game they're interested in, how can you be lucky enough to have the rank prior to knowing there will be a release? It's a shame because I think this concept could really make the rank more appealing.)

O1OO

Novice Member
May 24, 2020
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Pronouns
He/Him
Introduction

In this thread I’m going to be talking about my thoughts, my hopes and my concerns about the recent Beta Games updates. I’ll be making this mostly as a feedback thread, but some of it will be background info or speculation. I’ll be breaking this down into a few chapters, each chapter will be about either a certain game or major mechanic.

I am really concerned about how Beta Games is being monetised. I’m fine with the idea of Beta Games being monetised, but a subscription is an odd choice, I understand that it’s a limited time rank for a limited time game. So that you don’t buy the rank, but then the game gets fully released shortly afterwards. But it still doesn’t feel right to me.

But what’s even more important is the price, it’s currently 660 Minecoins for 1 month. Which is €4, or $4, or £3.50, I’m not sure about how much it is in pounds. That’s €48 a year, which is the price of 5 lifetime ranks. That’s absurdly expensive, especially since the rank only offers Map Voting and Gamemode Voting. Whereas each one of those 5 lifetime ranks would give you tons of cosmetics.

It's no secret that Cubecraft isn't turning as big of a profit as it used to. We know this because of the layoffs at the start of Q1, but this isn't the way to solve it. The average age of a Cubecraft player is about 10 or so, no 10 year-old can afford a €48 yearly subscription for beta modes in a Minecraft server. The price is way too high and barely anyone wants to buy the subscription rank, that's why it's very rare to see the other modes in Pillars of Fortune.

There's 2 solutions to this problem, the first is simply dropping the price to €1 per month, which is €12 per year. That's still more expensive than a lifetime rank, but it's manageable. along with this I also think some cosmetics should be added, maybe just some prefixes and a few cages, nothing fancy.

The next solution is far more radical, but it has been done before. Release desperate ranks for each beta game, but do it before they fully release. This was done with Lucky Islands back in 2020, when the rank came out about a week before the game was fully released. The only issue with this system is what if you release a rank, but the game ends up being scrapped. The solution to this is also simple, release the rank about a month after the game enters Beta. That way you can gauge how popular a game is before it's monetised.

Pillars of Fortune has the least to talk about, mostly because of how simple the game is. My main concern about the game is that it can't really be updated. It's hard to create new content in Pillars because of how simple the premise is. You can create new maps sure, but apart from that the only updates it can get are new items with every Minecraft update, or adding custom items.

But generally, the game is fine as it is. All it needs is some small bug fixes and minor changes, but apart from that it's perfect. Also Rising Lava is really janky on Short, the lava reaches you in about 10 seconds.

I don't know how I feel about Bedwars, the game itself is fine, it's just very similar to Eggwars. I've said this before, but after the hype dies down, Bedwars is either going to kill Eggwars, or be killed by Eggwars. I honestly think it's a bit of a pointless game, I'd love to be proven wrong about this, but I am pessimistic about the game.

I do have to applaud the team on how well they've taken feedback regarding Bedwars. People complained that Blastballs were op, so they needed them. I said that the generators were to slow, so they buffed them. Changes are being made quite quickly, which is great to see. Though I do think that Blastballs have been overnerfed, they did need a nerd, but the need they got was a bit too harsh.

The last point I have about Bedwars is about The Hive. It's no secret that Hive has been planning to revamp Treasure Wars into Bedwars for a long time and it's taken them over a year to do it. With the release only a few days away. It's no coincidence that Cubecraft released Bedwars only a few days before The Hive; so that Cubecraft could steal the spotlight! I find this a bit petty, but Cubecraft are well within their rights to make Bedwars. Since the game has been around since at least 2012 and it's unknown who first invented it. It's even more of a blow to The Hive seeing as it took Cubecraft around 2.5 months to make Bedwars, whereas The Hive took almost a full year.

There is currently 1 new game left to be added. This is similar to what happened in 2020, where 3 games were added to Beta in quick succession and then released over the next 6 months (except Line Dash). As for what the next game will be, there are a few theories. This part is purely speculation, I have no concrete proof for any of this. The first Beta Game was Pillars of Fortune, which is a brand new game. The second game was Bedwars, which is a famous game. Which leaves the 3rd game, which I think will be a returning game. There are many candidates for returning games that have existed on Java before. Such as Tower Defense, Among Slimes, Wing Rush, Layer Spleef, Slime Survival, Archer Assault, Paintball, Battle Zone, Barn Brawl, Bingo, Assassination, Money Walls and UHC.

This isn't even a complete list, but it's a long enough list. Out of this there are only a few games which might return, those being Tower Defense, Among Slimes, Wing Rush, Bingo and UHC. Tower defense has a thriving community on Java right until it was removed, though it may be to complex for most Bedrock players. Among Slimes is Among Us in Minecraft, which would be very popular on Bedrock, though it would be very difficult for controller players to type in chat. Also moderation would be a nightmare for it. Wing Rush is based off of Glide, which was extremely popular on Legacy Console, so it would probably get a good few players on Bedrock. People always ask for Bingo to return, half seriously, half as a joke. But it would be quite fun to play on Bedrock, especially with all the new content that's been added to Minecraft over the last decade. Yes 1.9 was almost 10 years ago now. As for UHC, it would never see massive player counts, but it would have a very dedicated (and sweaty) community if it were to be added. It's also highly requested to return

Personally I hope either Bingo or Tower Defense is the 3rd game, but whatever it is it's coming out soon. So the game has already been decided and we just have to sit and wait for its release.

TLDR;

The Subscription is too expensive, Pillars is perfect, Bedwars will compete with Eggwars and was made to steal the spotlight from The Hive.

Outro

Anyway, those are my thoughts of the new Beta Games and how they're being handled. They're mostly great, but there are some serious flaws with how Cubecraft is handling their monetisation. That's all folks!​
for subscription the obsidian is the only expensive one tbh others are pretty good price comparing to other servers its a real good deal for others i dont know tbh.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom