Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 169486

This server (and game) are made for kids btw so if your “old”, hate kids and like to swear then uninstall the game and find something else that isn’t made for kids. That should solve all your problems
The kids that play this game are what? around 10ish? The first grades at my school swore more then I did.

D

Deleted member 100818

Some people are even younger than 10, and if kids in your school swear alot that doesn’t mean every kid in the world swears.
I think you have no idea how screwed up this generation is. We ain't living in the 1970 anymore

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
No, if something has the same meaning you should be allowed to use it, so that;s why I made the suggestion.
ok lets make a situation here

theresa may is giving a speech against jeremy corbyn right?
shes like oh he shouldnt be pm because he's this and that, all he does is spout nonsense

that goes down ok, right?

another variation:
"oh he shouldnt be pm because he's this and that, all he does is spout bullshit"

the latter is 100x more offensive than the former.

Reactions: BritneySpears
D

Deleted member 100818

thats also made up so how is that adding to the conversation? :thinking:
Made up percentages are not accurate or real percentages. I'd say at least 20% of kids do not swear.
We have to realise one thing here, we're on the internet. A place where you can be anonymous and do everything without being noticed. Even the "nicest" kids, the ones who go to church, could just swear on the internet without anyone knowing their real identity. I'm not talking abour real life swearing, that'd be 35% at least. I think both of you are fogetting how powerful young kids feel when it comes down to swearing anonymously.

ok lets make a situation here

theresa may is giving a speech against jeremy corbyn right?
shes like oh he shouldnt be pm because he's this and that, all he does is spout nonsense

that goes down ok, right?

another variation:
"oh he shouldnt be pm because he's this and that, all he does is spout bullshit"

the latter is 100x more offensive than the former.
I'd say neither one of them are offensive.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
We have to realise one thing here, we're on the internet. A place where you can be anonymous and do everything without being noticed. Even the "nicest" kids, the ones who go to church, could just swear on the internet without anyone knowing their real identity. I'm not talking abour real life swearing, that'd be 35% at least. I think both of you are fogetting how powerful young kids feel when it comes down to swearing anonymously.

I'd say neither one of them are offensive.
let me make a poll for this.

Reactions: BritneySpears

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
thats also made up so how is that adding to the conversation? :thinking:

you're surrounding yourself with the wrong people if everyone is swearing all the time
I was making a point, I should've wrote "I'd say at least 20% of kids do not swear, but it doesnt matter cause you dont have the numbers." just kinda left it hanging.

Emiiii

Apr 15, 2018
Lima Peru
¿Por qué decir mierda? Ya sabes lo que significa. ¿Por qué decir que ofende a un usuario? No tiene sentido decirlo

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Because the amount somebody swears is a terrible thing to judge them on. This is something that Marco mentioned in 2014, and I didn't understand it then either. Just because you swear, doesn't mean you always use it offensively or harmfully, nor does it make you a bad person. It really depends on the context in which the swearing is used.

As for the debate above, it really depends on the age. As people get older and thus become more exposed to "bad language" and the urge to rebel increases, they begin to swear a lot more. If you're defining a child as a teen of around fifteen years old, then sure, 97% or so may very well swear every so often. But, as somebody who worked for a while in a primary school, the worst word I ever heard was "stupid". I know at least one of the students played Minecraft with his friends, and there's definitely a child audience on Cubecraft. If swearing is allowed, then you alienate thousands of children whose parents probably wouldn't let them play anymore, because they don't want seven-year-old Timmy to be calling his father an array of bad words when he gets home.

MasterNicco

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
If this was allowed I bet all of my money that someone will make a post about making s**t allowed because bull + s**t is allowed and then another post to make f**k allowed because other swear words are and soo on....
Oh and btw No this will never be allowed

Reactions: Lilleh__
D

Deleted member 100818

If this was allowed I bet all of my money that someone will make a post about making s**t allowed because bull + s**t is allowed and then another post to make f**k allowed because other swear words are and soo on....
Oh and btw No this will never be allowed
The basic argument you could give them is that bullshit ain't offensive, problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy Birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Capitan's profile.
Hola Capp! 🤍
After nearly 2 years on the Forums, I just figured out I can watch an entire subforum 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
IMG_5528.png

This would’ve been so useful in the past. 😭
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Desiderata's profile.
💙
Top Bottom