Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 100818

Ohai,

So I just noticed I'm warned for the following reason:
d71b0f7a8e64cd128520fcfc8d52c0e9.png

So for the newcomers to the CubeCraft forum,welcome, you're getting official warnings for using the word "bullshit", something I didn't know either.

I normally don't really make a big deal out of these things, they just happen and I will at least try to not do it again, but today I will. I got warned for (the title says it all) the word "bullshit", which doesn't offend anyone, isn't a desease and basically not punish worthy in my opinion. I mean, I get why the word "shit" isn't allowed, it could be used to offend someone, that's what it's all about. "You're shit" etc. But "Bullshit"? C'mon.. Have you even seen anyone saying: "You're a bullshit person", that just never happens and never will. (Maybe after this post, dang it sarcasm spread over the community).

So make the word "bullshit" not punishable anymore, that's all I'm asking, no codes needed, no new gamemodes, just this. I haven't found the effort to go online and type "bullshit" in the chat, but I suppose it's not allowed as well, so I'd say make it allowed there too, if this gets implemented somehow. If it however is allowed on the server itself (which I don't suppose but I'm not in the mood to check) it really is.. not implemented yet, so I won't use the word but we all know what I meant there.

"But if shit isn't allowed for a good reason as you said then why should a word which contains "shit" in it be allowed?" Simple, we define "bullshit" as "nonsense" and not as poop from a bull, and if you cannot tell the difference between those when it's being used in a sentence you should do 4th grade over again, seriously.

And no I'm not making this suggestion to make fun of staff if that's what people think, this is a serious suggestion, just so you know.

skifby2

Novice Member
Apr 21, 2018
I got warned for the word "shitty" once - while "crappy" is allowed.

I honestly don't see the difference between those 2 till this day, but whatever. The rules are still a bit weird from time to time, and I don't see that changing anytime soon with the current people in the lead.

D

Deleted member 100818

I got warned for the word "shitty" once - while "crappy" is allowed.

I honestly don't see the difference between those 2 till this day, but whatever. The rules are still a bit weird from time to time, and I don't see that changing anytime soon with the current people in the lead.
Let's experiment, would the word "bullcrap" be allowed then? :thinking:

Anyways I know some people don't have anything to do on Friday night but for the love of god don't bother me with your warnings for no good reason.

D

Deleted member 59979

This will have 0 positive improvements to the server. No. Just no. If you didnt want to get warned this then you should have thought about it before you said it. Cubecraft is a family friendly server.

D

Deleted member 100818

If you'd actually read the thread instead of reacting to the title you'd know why.

This will have 0 positive improvements to the server. No. Just no. If you didnt want to get warned this then you should have thought about it before you said it.
0 Improvements? Hmm, a lot of people don't know this is a "swearword", which causes a lot of confusion when getting warned. This word is not offending, not a desease and in general not punish worthy. So I think it does have some improvements.

Actually, I agree, although it won't be positive. I don't know exactly why, I just have the feeling.
Suggestions aren't all about positivity, this one is to fix something, and you could call that positive or not.

D

Deleted member 100818

And how is this gonna be a positive thing in cubecraft? oh yea the answer is no
Think about it this way, "bullshit" isn't defined as a swearword to a lot of people, like me. So it only causes confusion when you warn someone for saying that. As I said, it's not offensive, it's not a desease and not punish worthy in general. So you could call that positive, I just call it a fix.

Make a poll so I can vote no.
The reason I did not add a poll is because I'd rather have people explaining their thoughts instead of voting and not even commenting. So, no.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
StorySays warned you
That is that

Just heed the warning and you won’t have any problems

Honestly what good do you see coming out of doing this?
Just say something that means the same thing
There are even relevant terms you can use
A term that is particularly relevant over the past year or 2 is fake news
It means the same thing unless you are using the bull’s waste as an insult

However tell me 1 reason why using it as an insult is okay

D

Deleted member 100818

StorySays warned you
That is that
I don't care about the warning believe me, I only care about the reason.

Honestly what good do you see coming out of doing this?
People who are not getting warned for using something that means nonsense.

Just say something that means the same thing
So if I'm allowed to say something that means the exact same thing why wouldn't this be allowed?

It means the same thing unless you are using the bull’s waste as an insult
If you cannot tell the difference between "bullshit" used in a sentence as crap from a bull then you should do 4th grade over again, really.

However tell me 1 reason why using it as an insult is okay
I never said you should be able to use it as an instul, just use it to define something as nonsense.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
The reason it's not allowed, is because CCG is a child-friendly network. Minecraft's target audience is children after all, and there are certainly thousands of children who play it every single day. Swearing is usually frowned upon around children, because it's considered trashy and in some cases, offensive. My godmother for instance, who is very religious, would take offence to swearing, and wouldn't allow her children to play here anymore if swearing were allowed.

I personally like swearing because it can be used to add emphasis to sentences that would otherwise pack no punch at all. But, I'd also rather not alienate a significant portion of the player-base. We want everybody to feel welcome here, so it's really a small price to pay. More players = less dead games. If having to say "damn" instead of the "F-Bomb" when I die means Arcade actually having some players on it, then I'll just say damn instead. There are plenty of synonyms for each and every swear word out there.

D

Deleted member 100818

What? Foxic is right. Maybe you’re old enough to say and hear those words but others are not. Just use “friendly” words like crap. Oh and also Minecraft is technically a kids game so.. yeah
"Child friendly network"
  1. e/z nub
  2. nub
  3. noob
  4. learn to pvp lol
Yeah very, very childfriendly.

I get your point though, don't get me wrong but "crap" basically means "shit", "bullshit" means nonsense, nothing else unless you use in in a different context but anyone could tell the difference. The point is, when you use "bullshit" as "nonsense" you shouldn't get a warning nor a mute for that. It's not offensive at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Lyriie wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on DonovanSus's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
Livvv wrote on Vunks's profile.