Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 100818

The reason it's not allowed, is because CCG is a child-friendly network. Minecraft's target audience is children after all, and there are certainly thousands of children who play it every single day. Swearing is usually frowned upon around children, because it's considered trashy and in some cases, offensive. My godmother for instance, who is very religious, would take offence to swearing, and wouldn't allow her children to play here anymore if swearing were allowed.

I personally like swearing because it can be used to add emphasis to sentences that would otherwise pack no punch at all. But, I'd also rather not alienate a significant portion of the player-base. We want everybody to feel welcome here, so it's really a small price to pay. More players = less dead games. If having to say "damn" instead of the "F-Bomb" when I die means Arcade actually having some players on it, then I'll just say damn instead. There are plenty of synonyms for each and every swear word out there.
Using the word "bullshit" in the context of nonsense ain't swearing, isn't offensive and is not a desease. It's just not punish worthy.

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
"Child friendly network"
  1. e/z nub
  2. nub
  3. noob
  4. learn to pvp lol
Yeah very, very childfriendly.
Lol those words aren’t inappropriate, they are just insults/rude words
I get your point though, don't get me wrong but "crap" basically means "shit", "bullshit" means nonsense, nothing else unless you use in in a different context but anyone could tell the difference. The point is, when you use "bullshit" as "nonsense" you shouldn't get a warning nor a mute for that. It's not offensive at all.
Well “crap” is more appropriate which is why it’s allowed on the server

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Using the word "bullshit" in the context of nonsense ain't swearing, isn't offensive and is not a desease. It's just not punish worthy.
It is swearing. It's not just the meanings of the words that's considered trashy or offensive, but also any use of them, regardless of context. Nonetheless, you don't ever really need to swear on the forums, just use different words. Words like 'crap' are allowed because they're considered less obscene. It's an odd rule, but one that's imposed by society more than it is CCG.

D

Deleted member 100818

Reactions: Lilleh__

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
you might think you're all smartarse and all that just bc your mum told you that "shit" means "crap" but its a kids server man

i mean if you were the parent of a 9 year old child would you want them on a forum/server where everyone swears all the time?

i certainly wouldn't

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
This will have 0 positive improvements to the server
On a side-note, Cubecraft added the party chat filter (and an ‘advanced’ filter) a while back. This was our result:
778C2907-634C-4656-92EA-21A54A0C0928.jpeg

Nobody liked it. (Well except for some helperwannabes)
Literally, in my opinion, the worst update ever. The one that no one asked for.

Back on topic:
As it may not be ‘Positive’, how will this change anything, when there is already people bypassing the F Word? Racial slurs? As said above, saying ‘Crap’ is almost as bad as saying ‘s**t’. Changing the word doesn’t mean anything, because they are the same exact thing. I don’t see why saying ‘bulls**t’ shouldn’t be allowed. Plus, many people have probably been exposed to ‘lAnGuAgE’ if they have played MC before, either it be from their parents or from kids at school. Maybe even from MC, who knows.

Cubecraft is a family friendly server.
Play some FFA.

D

Deleted member 100818

you might think you're all smartarse and all that just bc your mum told you that "shit" means "crap" but its a kids server man
I have enough braincells to come up with that myself.

i mean if you were the parent of a 9 year old child would you want them on a forum/server where everyone swears all the time?

i certainly wouldn't
If the only "swearword" was "bullshit" I wouldn't mind.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
If the only "swearword" was "bullshit" I wouldn't mind.
young children can be heavily influenced by what they see online. sure, actually seeing the word "bullshit" is not the end of the world, but as these children are still in the early stages of learning it could make them think that it is ok to go round swearing at people randomly, as many of the people on this forum probably would if this was allowed.

Reactions: Shamel
D

Deleted member 100818

young children can be heavily influenced by what they see online. sure, actually seeing the word "bullshit" is not the end of the world, but as these children are still in the early stages of learning it could make them think that it is ok to go round swearing at people randomly, as many of the people on this forum probably would if this was allowed.
We are not the parents of those kids. Really, the word "bullshit" means nonsense, even teachers use it these days, at elementry schools. If the word 'bullcrap' is allowed, which it is it's just as bas as "bullshit".

lol no just use a synonym. (The word Crap is allowed)
That's my point, if 'crap" is alloowed then "bullshit"should also be allowed.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
We are not the parents of those kids
I think you are missing the point. If CubeCraft lets players go round swearing, the parents won't really want their children playing on this server, will they? The management have to think about this, because no players = no revenue.
Just because you're only 14 and don't actually have a child to think about, doesn't mean you shouldn't try and see it from the parents' perspective.
the word "bullshit" means nonsense
so use the word nonsense? *facepalm*
even teachers use it these days, at elementry schools
evidence?

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
As Cube is trying to be a family friendly server, the closest to this happening is a channel in the discord where we can be more mature than everywhere else.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
This will have 0 positive improvements to the server. No. Just no. If you didnt want to get warned this then you should have thought about it before you said it. Cubecraft is a family friendly server.
People like you ruin the server.
I know you're tryharding to get staff or something, but please think of the people who actually play on the server and use the forums. YOU are the one that doesn't benefit this server. We would be forever grateful if you just quit already. Just saying.

D

Deleted member 169486

You need to keep something in mind, Management believes everyone playing is five, an age at which most people can't use the internet, so they don't want to expose them to "bad" language. It's almost like they weren't children, or else they would know children are not that effected by it.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
I know you're tryharding to get staff or something, but please think of the people who actually play on the server and use the forums. YOU are the one that doesn't benefit this server. We would be forever grateful if you just quit already. Just saying.
drama

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
why is that necessary to post on this thread? post it on his profile or through pms..
You need to keep something in mind, Management believes everyone playing is five, an age at which most people can't use the internet, so they don't want to expose them to "bad" language. It's almost like they weren't children, or else they would know children are not that effected by it.
affected* and they've got to think of all possible audiences whilst developing and regulating the server. it's not like a film where they can get a pegi rating for it.

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
“People like you ruins the server” says the hacker. Like honestly you trash talk people for being bad at pvp then you hack on your alts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Who Invented Jumpbridging/Mj Bridging?

I need help uncovering the history of Bedrocks Most popular Method
If you know any old time players that might know something contact me on my discord
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My discord is : aviussabes​

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday have an awesome day today! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom